From: jeffjeff...@gmail.com (Jeff Hill)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: VNIVERSITATIS COGNITIO VLTIMA
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 06:10:10 +1100
 by: Jeff Hill - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 19:10 UTC

I don't think that anyone has formulated the same theory of the
universe as I have this morning.

The universe is infinite. There was no beginning, there will be no
end, there was no big bang, there will be no crunch.

In our tiny part of the universe, we are apparently in the centre of a
sphere 15 billion lightyears in diameter in all directions, but this
sphere occupies far far far less than
0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent
of the total universe on the outside of us.

Red shifted light is partly the decay of a characteristic of light
after it travels billions of lightyears, in my feeble description of
the phenomenon. It is also Dopplerian, because, in out minute part of
the universe, there are literally galaxysized pressure waves passing
through, cuased by I know not what event five hundred billion
lightyears away, like the compression waves which pass through air,
alternately pushing galaxies together here and pulling them apart
there, causing a local expansion here and a local contraction there
(where we can't quite see far enough yet, and where the doppler effect
would be reversed).

According to my theory, there is no need to formulate a beginning or a
termination as indicated by the doppler effect.

I look forward to what the James Webb telescope will reveal to us, and
if I will have to abandon my theory, and astronomers abandon their
crunchy theories, in lieu of yet other theories. What you believe in,
on the subject of creations and big bangs -- or an infinite eternal
universe -- does tend to influence some people's thoughts on other,
more terrestrial, subjects.

Re: VNIVERSITATIS COGNITIO VLTIMA

<sogp6e$12ke$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3748&group=alt.astronomy#3748

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Re: VNIVERSITATIS COGNITIO VLTIMA
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 22:13:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 22:13 UTC

Jeff Hill <jeffjeff.hillhill@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think that anyone has formulated the same theory of the
> universe as I have this morning.
>
> The universe is infinite. There was no beginning, there will be no
> end, there was no big bang, there will be no crunch.

You are a brain in a bottle. I watered it this morning.
You're welcome.

Re: VNIVERSITATIS COGNITIO VLTIMA

<bhbpqgtilv6i84r13oglror03jc7kcsnu2@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3749&group=alt.astronomy#3749

From: jeffjeff...@gmail.com (Jeff Hill)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 23:37:44 +1100
 by: Jeff Hill - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:37 UTC

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 22:13:35 -0000 (UTC), R Kym Horsell
<kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote:

brain ..... bottle

Thanks for reading my post, Kym. Now, if only you didn't use strangely
obtuse circumlocation, I would KNOW what your response was. It seems
to be negative, and seeking to insinuate ridiculousness. You know
best. My theory does away with feeble doubts and with religious
beginnings; it abolishes dark energy, it explains misplaced reliance
on the doppler effect on a cosmic scale, and it is only one theory
amongst many legitimate theories, although I find it especially
satisfying. It resembles the reading of the ancient Etruscan language
-- no one can prove that one specific interpretation of a word is
right or is wrong: and we must continue to collect data.

Now, have you ever happened to ignite a newspaper at night, then blow
the flame out, then closely watch the scintillations dart about the
febre of the paper? What you see, on the small scale in your hand,
well resembles the equally inanimate night sky.