Yes I have a Machintosh, please don't scream at me. -- Larry Blumette on linux-kernel

tech / sci.bio.paleontology / Re: Do digits indicate archaics?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Do digits indicate archaics?Daud Deden
`- Re: Do digits indicate archaics?Daud Deden

1
Re: Do digits indicate archaics?

<f8c94bd1-5e11-4a83-87ce-762159f23f10n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3872&group=sci.bio.paleontology#3872

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 17:41:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Do digits indicate archaics?
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (Daud Deden)
 by: Daud Deden - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 00:41 UTC

On Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 11:47:10 PM UTC-4, Daud Deden wrote:
> Squid retain the older limb count: 10, with the last pair modified for reproduction.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/03/220308115650.htm
New extinct vampire-squid-like cephalopod is the first of its kind with 10 functional arms
Description of exceptionally preserved fossil pushes back age of Vampyropoda by nearly 82 million years
March 8, 2022
American Museum of Natural History

> Other cephalopods & arachnids have 8, presuming the last pair of limbs exapted into silk(spider)/poison(scorpion, wasp)/cement(lobster) appendages-glands-ducts.
>
> Insects (shoreline?) brought their 4 forelimbs forward above their head and fanned food particles (also drawing O2, expelling CO2, cooling?) into their mouths (unlike spiders), developing winglet membranes (distal segments?) that gradually evolved into single-jointed flapping membranous wings that gave lift and then propulsion.
>
> All these indicate decapod origin, which agrees with geodesic efficient (egg)sphere construction.
>
> A baby clam is oriented mouth distal to anus, at "puberty" it flips diagonally, mouth adjacent to anus, to better fit the round clamshell.
>
> There seems to have been a similar flip in order to align the bilateral symmetrical left limb & right limb.
>
> There may be a connection to Bucky Fuller's Jitterbug rotation-size change from cuboctahedron to icosahedron to octahedron to tetrahedron and vice versa.

Re: Do digits indicate archaics?

<130e04f9-e351-45a6-982b-627ce5c2ab53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3873&group=sci.bio.paleontology#3873

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 18:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (Daud Deden)
 by: Daud Deden - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 01:04 UTC

Coleoid photo slideshow: https://stories.app.goo.gl/SogP