"An open mind has but one disadvantage: it collects dirt." -- a saying at RPI

tech / alt.astronomy / Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

SubjectAuthor
* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
`* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 +* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 |`- Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 +* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !palsing
 |`* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 | +* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !palsing
 | |`* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 | | `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !palsing
 | |  `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 | |   `- Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !palsing
 | `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !Caselli Luigi
 |  `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 |   +* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !Caselli Luigi
 |   |`- Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 |   `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !Whisper
 |    `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 |     `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !Whisper
 |      `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 |       `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !Whisper
 |        `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell
 |         `- Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !Whisper
 `* Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !Daniel65
  `- Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !R Kym Horsell

1
Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su6he2$15l7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3860&group=alt.astronomy#3860

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 20:37:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 20:37 UTC

casagiannoni@optimum.net wrote:
>>> "way far to great" for what?
> For any practical or realistic interatellar travel or even
> communucations.

You are speaking as part of the problem?

--
Home cood hoomin coba da entir plenit? 1000 years ago dey din
hab plains or pickup trucks. Impossibul!

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su6rm8$1ftb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3861&group=alt.astronomy#3861

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 23:32:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 23:32 UTC

>>> For any practical or realistic interatellar travel or even
>>> communucations.
>>You are speaking as part of the problem?
> You'll have to clarify. In what way am I "part of the problem" ?

QED. Communication is a problem with you.

As time goes by the evidence "something is going on" seems to be
mounting.

And I dont mean junk published in the newspapers.

Various groups collect "sighting data" of unusual objects/phenomena.
Using even highscholl levels of math you can analyze that and find
some very very strong conenctions between said objects and various
planets.

Either Russian and Chinese drones are space capable or for some reason
they spoof the pattern of sightings across N America to appear like
they're coming from (on average) Saturn. But there is significant
variation among tyhe various types of objects seen. Some may be strictly
eacth-based, some may come and go to other local planets, and
coming and going to more distant locations can't be ruled out.

I'm a data scientist with some experience doing arcane stats to
look into complex data.

But something any highschool student can do for themselves is
try to match up the pattern of UFO sightings e.g. across the US
against the distance to different planets over time, and determine
if there are significant connections.

A simple model might be to assume the distance to a given planet
at a given time will relate to the number of sightings eventually
seen across the US.

To check the work you can check the correlate for each state --
if something is coming from space it should have the same general
behaviour as seen in each state, right?

If you do that you should find for the majority of US states
the totality of sightings are consistent with something having
travelled from Saturn over a period of around 57 days.
A "secondary bump" in the solution set is Jupiter with a ~94
day delay.
And some other possible solutions also present themselves.

This suggests there may be a good chance of an interplanetary origin
for some of these things the US military now admits it's been
down-playing for the past century.

A similar procedure can be used to zero in on possible "local"
bases of operation for some of these things. (I.e. go grid square by
grid square across the earth and determine if some simple
function of distance matches up against sightings in each US state).

Over the past year or so I've been running lots of analyses of
the available data and there is really only one good explanation left.

--
UFO Expert Chris Mellon [former US Def official]: Based On What We Know
About UAPs, Aliens Are The BEST Explanation

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su6vaq$o4i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3862&group=alt.astronomy#3862

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 00:34:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 00:34 UTC

casagiannoni@optimum.net wrote:
> < snjp >
>
> All that's very interesting indeed,
> BUT, doesn't it still come down to :

Did you notice you're always saying things are NOT the case?

It's very rare that a negative can be proven ergo people that
tend to concentrate on things not being the case are not talking about
what they know, but probably what they wish or what they fear.

It's also a chief stagmatum of people planted in social media to
debunk something.

Just sayin.

--
["I Am Not A Crook:"]

http://www.globalideasbank.org/site/bank/idea.php?ideaId=1907
'Liars say "I am not a crook" rather than "I am honest" '
Liars use short sentences, the past tense and negative statements
Bella DePaula, professor of psychology at the University of Virginia,
has found, in a study of 3,000 people, that the following clues are
the most useful indicators of whether somebody is lying:
# Lack of specific detail - not volunteering names of people and places
# Short answers
# Using the past tense
# Using negative statements ("not a crook" rather than "honest")

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<398242d4-6ca3-42c7-ab7c-7297a8867a98n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3864&group=alt.astronomy#3864

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 19:12:00 -0800 (PST)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (palsing)
 by: palsing - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 03:12 UTC

On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 3:32:27 PM UTC-8, kymho...@gmail.com wrote:
> UFO expert Christopher Mellon makes the case for the alien hypothesis ...

So, just how does one become an expert about something that, to date, is 100% completely "unidentified"?

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su7art$8mm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3865&group=alt.astronomy#3865

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 03:51:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 03:51 UTC

palsing <pnalsing@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 3:32:27 PM UTC-8, kymho...@gmail.com wrote:
>> UFO expert Christopher Mellon makes the case for the alien hypothesis ...
> So, just how does one become an expert about something that, to date, is 100% completely "unidentified"?

You mean like an expert in stars, life, the weather,
medicine, the law, economics, public relations or black holes?
All things are are very incompletely understood. :)

By being across the data and thinking that is available.
Presumably something of an insider like Mellon has access
to more than e.g. me.

Data that I can't consider include sat photos of objects entering
the atm at escape vel and then slowing to high speed and touring
the planet, sonar records of objects moving at high speed under
the North Atlantic, spectra of various lights in the sky, etc.

But from what I can see the case is pretty much open and shut
that something unusual(*) has been going on for decades and been
hidden from the general public presumably because the knowlege
would upset the status quo and associated profits.
The data shows military spending "reacts" to certain patterns of
UFO activity and -- contraiwise -- UFO activity reacts to
certain patterns of military spending.
There are just so many coincidences it's hard to cover the
breadth of the material succinctly.

(*) Either we have "vistors" or there is a break-away civilization
hiding in the ocean.

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<900ac21a-4cd5-4206-98d5-95b070aaf9b6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3866&group=alt.astronomy#3866

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 21:43:47 -0800 (PST)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (palsing)
 by: palsing - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 05:43 UTC

On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 7:51:29 PM UTC-8, kymho...@gmail.com wrote:
> palsing <pnal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 3:32:27 PM UTC-8, kymho...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> UFO expert Christopher Mellon makes the case for the alien hypothesis ...

> > So, just how does one become an expert about something that, to date, is 100% completely "unidentified"?

> You mean like an expert in stars, life, the weather,
> medicine, the law, economics, public relations or black holes?
> All things are are very incompletely understood. :)

All of those things are understood quite well, even though there is *always* more to learn... whereas the "alien hypothesis" has zero evidence to offer in its support. ZERO. A lot of hand-waving and wild theories, but not a shred of evidence.
> By being across the data and thinking that is available.
> Presumably something of an insider like Mellon has access
> to more than e.g. me.

Again, just speculation on your part... and what you are thinking is exactly what he wants you to think, that maybe he is "on to something"

> Data that I can't consider include sat photos of objects entering
> the atm at escape vel and then slowing to high speed and touring
> the planet, sonar records of objects moving at high speed under
> the North Atlantic, spectra of various lights in the sky, etc.

Just because some observations "seem" to defy logic does not mean that they must be aliens... like I said there is always more to learn.

> But from what I can see the case is pretty much open and shut
> that something unusual(*) has been going on for decades and been
> hidden from the general public presumably because the knowlege
> would upset the status quo and associated profits.

"Open and shut" is not always open and shut.

> The data shows military spending "reacts" to certain patterns of
> UFO activity and -- contraiwise -- UFO activity reacts to
> certain patterns of military spending.
> There are just so many coincidences it's hard to cover the
> breadth of the material succinctly.
>
> (*) Either we have "vistors" or there is a break-away civilization
> hiding in the ocean.

Again, there is zero evidence in support of the "alien hypothesis". UFOs remain UNIDENTIFIED, and the very first order of business is to identify one of them... and good luck with that!

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su7isd$7vl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3867&group=alt.astronomy#3867

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 06:08:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 06:08 UTC

palsing <pnalsing@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 7:51:29 PM UTC-8, kymho...@gmail.com wrote:
>> palsing <pnal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > So, just how does one become an expert about something that, to date, is 100% completely "unidentified"?
>> You mean like an expert in stars, life, the weather,
>> medicine, the law, economics, public relations or black holes?
>> All things are are very incompletely understood. :)
> All of those things are understood quite well,
>even though there is *always* more to learn... whereas the "alien hypothesis" has zero evidence to offer in its support. ZERO. A lot of hand-waving and wild theories, but not a shred of evidence.

Well, obviously, there isn't zero evidence.
Just that you can't or don't know of or accept what evidence there is.

But I freely admit the "solution" to "what has been going on"
for the past 70+ years that the public might know of
is most likely a mixture of several things incl but not limited to
some kind of lost human civilization, some kind of non-human
civilization, some kind of civilization in another part of this
solar system, some kind of space-living lifeforms, and known and
borrowed tech being used by various militaries.

Regardless, the link between planetary movements and the
totalality of UFO sightings is robust and will not be going
away anytime soon.

You may quibble and squiggle all you like, but I'm quite sure
of my position.

I have 20y experience in modeling of all kinds and my
work at kaggle.com puts me in 189th place out of the 2 million
statisticians and scientists that were registered with the
site when I got to that position.

Anyone with a similar score feel free to make technical comments.

--
kaggle.com/kymhorsell1

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<53bb33df-5c34-4e64-af26-60eb9f6e2561n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3868&group=alt.astronomy#3868

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:52:13 -0800 (PST)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (palsing)
 by: palsing - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 06:52 UTC

On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 10:08:17 PM UTC-8, kymho...@gmail.com wrote:
> palsing <pnal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> You mean like an expert in stars, life, the weather,
> >> medicine, the law, economics, public relations or black holes?
> >> All things are are very incompletely understood. :)

> > All of those things are understood quite well,
> >even though there is *always* more to learn... whereas the "alien hypothesis" has zero evidence to offer in its support. ZERO. A lot of hand-waving and wild theories, but not a shred of evidence.
>
> Well, obviously, there isn't zero evidence.
> Just that you can't or don't know of or accept what evidence there is.

For the definition of the word evidence I use the same definition that is used for the scientific method. Evidence is ONLY in the form of experiments that can be repeated by anyone with the proper equipment and/or observations that anyone can make, again with the proper equipment. As far as I know there are zero experiments that can support the "alien hypothesis" and the current observations that you are going to point out are mostly one-offs and not necessarily reliable. Understand that a LOT of the so-called observations have been either explained or shown to be bogus over the last 70 years

> But I freely admit the "solution" to "what has been going on"
> for the past 70+ years that the public might know of
> is most likely a mixture of several things incl but not limited to
> some kind of lost human civilization, some kind of non-human
> civilization, some kind of civilization in another part of this
> solar system, some kind of space-living lifeforms, and known and
> borrowed tech being used by various militaries.
>
> Regardless, the link between planetary movements and the
> totalality of UFO sightings is robust and will not be going
> away anytime soon.

Planetary movements?

> You may quibble and squiggle all you like, but I'm quite sure
> of my position.

I'll bet you are, but with zero actual evidence...

> I have 20y experience in modeling of all kinds and my
> work at kaggle.com puts me in 189th place out of the 2 million
> statisticians and scientists that were registered with the
> site when I got to that position.

Computer modeling? You might enjoy these...

https://spectrum.ieee.org/computing-and-the-fermi-paradox-a-new-idea-emergestheyre-all-asleep

https://gizmodo.com/aliens-wouldnt-need-warp-drives-to-take-over-an-entire-1847101242

"... the Fermi Paradox—the observation that we have yet to see any evidence for the existence of alien intelligence, even though we probably should have."

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su7smm$15oh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3869&group=alt.astronomy#3869

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 08:55:53 -0000 (UTC)
References: <LO9XH.1582$en3.164@fx07.iad> <s0jj7c0utr@news3.newsguy.com> <s0l3il$f13$1@dont-email.me> <c3hd0hpegt2psg5kfvp0umil37qn7gq2q1@4ax.com> <su6he2$15l7$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u2od0hp2ofsbbatluh7ml39obhcaaph67p@4ax.com> <su6rm8$1ftb$1@gioia.aioe.org> <398242d4-6ca3-42c7-ab7c-7297a8867a98n@googlegroups.com> <su7art$8mm$1@gioia.aioe.org> <900ac21a-4cd5-4206-98d5-95b070aaf9b6n@googlegroups.com> <su7isd$7vl$1@gioia.aioe.org> <53bb33df-5c34-4e64-af26-60eb9f6e2561n@googlegroups.com>
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 08:55 UTC

palsing <pnalsing@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 10:08:17 PM UTC-8, kymho...@gmail.com wrote:
>> palsing <pnal...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > All of those things are understood quite well,
>> >even though there is *always* more to learn... whereas the "alien hypothesis" has zero evidence to offer in its support. ZERO. A lot of hand-waving and wild theories, but not a shred of evidence.
>> Well, obviously, there isn't zero evidence.
>> Just that you can't or don't know of or accept what evidence there is.
> For the definition of the word evidence

I'm sorry. I'm marking you as just another clueless troll.
You know nothing.
You want to know nothing.

--
Denialists are not honest brokers in the debate. They aren't
interested in truth, data, or informative discussion, they're

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su85hl$er6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3871&group=alt.astronomy#3871

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 22:26:52 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 11:26 UTC

casagiannoni@optimum.net wrote on 12/2/22 11:24 am:
> < snjp >
>
> All that's very interesting indeed, BUT, doesn't it still come down
> to :
>
> Distance = Speed x Time ? !
>
> That's how things work in our Space - Time continuoum ( Sp ? )
>
> Nothing is faster than c,

Some time ago, maybe twenty years ago, did 'they' discover that there
were things that COULD go faster than light!! QUARKS or some such!!

--
Daniel

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<78e402b7-57aa-423b-9cd9-5733e82cb4ean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3872&group=alt.astronomy#3872

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 08:40:28 -0800 (PST)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (palsing)
 by: palsing - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 16:40 UTC

On Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 12:55:58 AM UTC-8, kymho...@gmail.com wrote:
> palsing <pnal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Well, obviously, there isn't zero evidence.
> >> Just that you can't or don't know of or accept what evidence there is.
> > For the definition of the word evidence
>
> I'm sorry. I'm marking you as just another clueless troll.
> You know nothing.
> You want to know nothing.

I'm not the clueless troll here and I'm pretty sure that my degrees in astronomy and physics would indicate that I know a little something about science and the scientific method. I am not denying anything, I am only pointing out the you have no evidence to support your position. What do you call someone who believes in things without evidence? Religious...

> --
> Denialists are not honest brokers in the debate. They aren't
> interested in truth, data, or informative discussion, they're
> interested in their world view being the only one, and they'll say
> anything to try to bring this about. [O]nce you've shown that what
> they say is deceptive, or prima-facie absurd, you don't have to spend
> a graduate career dissecting it and taking it apart.
> -- Mark Hoofnagle, http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/about.php

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su934b$gem$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3873&group=alt.astronomy#3873

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 19:51:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 19:51 UTC

casagiannoni@optimum.net wrote:

>>Did you notice you're always saying things are NOT the case?
>>
> Not true but I won't be bothered citing examples.
>
>>It's very rare that a negative can be proven ...
>
> That nothing is faster than c is proven in the laws of physics.

Rubbish. It is an ASSUMPTION of relativity. Relativity makes predictions
that are so far generally found to be correct.

But that doesnt prove the assumption. It might only be approximately correct
or correct if you ignore some fact we dont know yet.

Newtonian physics makes assumptions and was for several 100 y thought
to be "correct". But eventually it was found to make predictions
that were false and hence some of its asumptions must be wrong.

Relativity is almost certainly in the same position.

This has been pointed out many times before as were the experimental
results that show the assumption is wrong (i.e. the "vacuum" assumed
by relativity is more complicated than believed ~1900).

I put you on the same page as that other hick that has never heard
that Appeal To Ingornance is a logical fallacy.

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su93gj$met$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3874&group=alt.astronomy#3874

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 19:58:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 19:58 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
> casagiannoni@optimum.net wrote on 12/2/22 11:24 am:
>> < snjp >
>>
>> All that's very interesting indeed, BUT, doesn't it still come down
>> to :
>>
>> Distance = Speed x Time ? !
>>
>> That's how things work in our Space - Time continuoum ( Sp ? )
>>
>> Nothing is faster than c,
>
> Some time ago, maybe twenty years ago, did 'they' discover that there
> were things that COULD go faster than light!! QUARKS or some such!!

Physicists for some time have known light interacts with the vacuum
and the vacuum is not empty. In quantum mechanics it is a seathing
cauldron of particles coming into and out of reality. All this bumping
into 1/2-real electrons and whatnot slows light down. So "c" is not
really the speed of light -- it is "only" the speed of light in
a standard vacuum.

We know how to create a "super vacuum" that is cleared of some of
this popping in and out of reality. The space between to parallel
interferes with electrons popping in and out. So we would expect
light going between to parallel plates would travel faster than c.

And that was experimentally verified in the 90s.

But dont expect any of the group trolls to know anything about that
or be able to learn anything new even if it's repeated a million times.

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su94bm$12vj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3875&group=alt.astronomy#3875

From: case...@anyspamrefusediol.it (Caselli Luigi)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 21:12:28 +0100
 by: Caselli Luigi - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 20:12 UTC

Il 12/02/2022 04:51, R Kym Horsell ha scritto:

> But from what I can see the case is pretty much open and shut
> that something unusual(*) has been going on for decades and been
> hidden from the general public presumably because the knowlege
> would upset the status quo and associated profits.
> The data shows military spending "reacts" to certain patterns of
> UFO activity and -- contraiwise -- UFO activity reacts to
> certain patterns of military spending.
> There are just so many coincidences it's hard to cover the
> breadth of the material succinctly.
>
> (*) Either we have "vistors" or there is a break-away civilization
> hiding in the ocean.

Seeing some UFO disappearing in the ocean at high speed as in the US
Navy videos suggests that a not human civilization could coexist on
Earth together with us.

That solves also the riddle about Fermi Paradox and the limit of light
speed to travel in space.

Maybe we are not alone on this Rare Earth...

Luigi Caselli

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su95rc$1nt0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3876&group=alt.astronomy#3876

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 20:38:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 20:38 UTC

Caselli Luigi <caselli@anyspamrefusediol.it> wrote:
> Il 12/02/2022 04:51, R Kym Horsell ha scritto:
>
>> But from what I can see the case is pretty much open and shut
>> that something unusual(*) has been going on for decades and been
>> hidden from the general public presumably because the knowlege
>> would upset the status quo and associated profits.
>> The data shows military spending "reacts" to certain patterns of
>> UFO activity and -- contraiwise -- UFO activity reacts to
>> certain patterns of military spending.
>> There are just so many coincidences it's hard to cover the
>> breadth of the material succinctly.
>>
>> (*) Either we have "vistors" or there is a break-away civilization
>> hiding in the ocean.
>
> Seeing some UFO disappearing in the ocean at high speed as in the US
> Navy videos suggests that a not human civilization could coexist on
> Earth together with us.

Admitting there is an "extra civilization" that has been living in
secret is pretty much admitting we dont know what it going on under our noses.

Whether it is human or non-human doesnt change the embarrasment level. ;)

The data suggests whoever they are have been here and doing pretty much
the same stuff for a long time.

We have solid data on the earth's atm now going back 800k years.
We have year-by-year data going back 2000y.

Just like human industrial activity causes changes in certain atm gases
certain patterns of can be seen to have continued for most of the 800ky.
And those patterns corelate beyond chance with modern UFO sightings.

A simple answer to the question of "what are they doing here" is
"farming the oceans".

And it seems possible they are now pissed we are screwing up their crops
with ocean acidification and warming polar temps.

Not only does the activity of the USAF compared with the US Navy(*)
show there is "something" going on a high levels in the govt
maybe indicating some special information in its possession,
but the declared deadline of 2030 to get global warming under control
coincidentally being around the next close approach of a certain planet
maybe not so much of a coincidence.

(*) I.e. it was the Navy that released 3 videos of objects Navy pilots
had been chasing. When the Congress ordered all departments to
release a report on what they knew of UFO's all the cases listed
in the govt version of the report had been submitted by the Navy.
The Air Force apparently did not submit anything of significance.
As Def Dept politicians have pointed out, if the NAVY noticed
shit flying around the skies on a daily bases how come the USAF
in the past 70y apparently saw nothing?

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su9fk4$1p8h$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3877&group=alt.astronomy#3877

From: case...@anyspamrefusediol.it (Caselli Luigi)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 00:24:40 +0100
 by: Caselli Luigi - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 23:24 UTC

Il 12/02/2022 21:38, R Kym Horsell ha scritto:
> Caselli Luigi <caselli@anyspamrefusediol.it> wrote:
>>
>> Seeing some UFO disappearing in the ocean at high speed as in the US
>> Navy videos suggests that a not human civilization could coexist on
>> Earth together with us.
>
> Admitting there is an "extra civilization" that has been living in
> secret is pretty much admitting we dont know what it going on under our noses.

If they are in the depth of the oceans they are really much more than
under our noses!
Like in the novel "The Swarm" by Fritz Schaztming.
The plot is that an alien civilitation that lives in the depth of the
oceans decide to destroy us because we are destroying the Earth...

Luigi Caselli

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<su9gd0$2nn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3878&group=alt.astronomy#3878

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 23:38:10 -0000 (UTC)
References: <LO9XH.1582$en3.164@fx07.iad> <s0jj7c0utr@news3.newsguy.com> <s0l3il$f13$1@dont-email.me> <c3hd0hpegt2psg5kfvp0umil37qn7gq2q1@4ax.com> <su6he2$15l7$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u2od0hp2ofsbbatluh7ml39obhcaaph67p@4ax.com> <su6rm8$1ftb$1@gioia.aioe.org> <398242d4-6ca3-42c7-ab7c-7297a8867a98n@googlegroups.com> <su7art$8mm$1@gioia.aioe.org> <su94bm$12vj$1@gioia.aioe.org> <su95rc$1nt0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <su9fk4$1p8h$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 23:38 UTC

Caselli Luigi <caselli@anyspamrefusediol.it> wrote:
> Il 12/02/2022 21:38, R Kym Horsell ha scritto:
>> Caselli Luigi <caselli@anyspamrefusediol.it> wrote:
>>> Seeing some UFO disappearing in the ocean at high speed as in the US
>>> Navy videos suggests that a not human civilization could coexist on
>>> Earth together with us.
>> Admitting there is an "extra civilization" that has been living in
>> secret is pretty much admitting we dont know what it going on under our noses.
> If they are in the depth of the oceans they are really much more than
> under our noses!
> Like in the novel "The Swarm" by Fritz Schaztming.
> The plot is that an alien civilitation that lives in the depth of the
> oceans decide to destroy us because we are destroying the Earth...
> Luigi Caselli

I think the prudent thing over the next few years is to be prepared for
a shock or three. A sense of humor could be a survival trait. :) :)

As for some evidence (yet to be published ;) of "something going on"
I can point you at some graphs.

We have pretty good data on atmospheric N2O for the past 2000y
from air trapped in ice cores at the poles.

I've used the data from the Law Dome:
# Etheridge, D.M., et al. 2010.
# Law Dome Ice Core 2000-Year CO2, CH4, and N2O Data.
# IGBP PAGES/World Data Center for Paleoclimatology
# Data Contribution Series # 2010-070.
# NOAA/NCDC Paleoclimatology Program, Boulder CO, USA.

If you just eyeball the data nothing much is evident.
But you have to ask at least "is there some kind of periodic pattern
in the levels of N2O".

N2O is produced by natural processes including the seasonal growth
of phytoplankton.

Here are the plots that might be important:

<kymhorsell.com/UFO/eps1700.gif>
<kymhorsell.com/UFO/eps2000.gif>

These are output from a statistical procedure trying to determine
the strongest cycle in the data. Fourier transforms dont work well
when the data is noisy like these data are. So special handling is required.

The first plot shows the first 1700 years of data -- i.e. 1AD to 1700AD --
of N2O looking for cycles. Where the plot first dives and crosses over
0 that is the "most significant cycle" found in the data.

You see the plot dives and crosses the 0 point at a cycle length of --
ta ta! -- 30 years.

The 2nd plot shows the first 2000 y of data. IOW it includes part
of the data corresponding to our development of industrial-scale
agriculture when nitrogen-based fertilisers started to emit their
own N2O signature.

But there is still observed "underneath" a kind of 30-40 year cycle in
the N2O.

So it seems for a long time there has been a 30 y cycle in the N2O data.

If you look at other data that goes back 800k years you find the same thing.

The important point is that UFO sightings also highly correlate with
the 29-30y orbital period of Saturn and also highly correlate with
the rise and fall of phytoplankton.

Hardly conclusive. But enough to give you the willies. ;)

Maybe it isn't really out planet.

--
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<6208cebb@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3880&group=alt.astronomy#3880

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 20:26:19 +1100
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
From: whis...@ozemail.com.au (Whisper)
 by: Whisper - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:26 UTC

On 13/02/2022 7:38 am, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> Caselli Luigi <caselli@anyspamrefusediol.it> wrote:
>> Il 12/02/2022 04:51, R Kym Horsell ha scritto:
>>
>>> But from what I can see the case is pretty much open and shut
>>> that something unusual(*) has been going on for decades and been
>>> hidden from the general public presumably because the knowlege
>>> would upset the status quo and associated profits.
>>> The data shows military spending "reacts" to certain patterns of
>>> UFO activity and -- contraiwise -- UFO activity reacts to
>>> certain patterns of military spending.
>>> There are just so many coincidences it's hard to cover the
>>> breadth of the material succinctly.
>>>
>>> (*) Either we have "vistors" or there is a break-away civilization
>>> hiding in the ocean.
>>
>> Seeing some UFO disappearing in the ocean at high speed as in the US
>> Navy videos suggests that a not human civilization could coexist on
>> Earth together with us.
>
> Admitting there is an "extra civilization" that has been living in
> secret is pretty much admitting we dont know what it going on under our noses.
>
> Whether it is human or non-human doesnt change the embarrasment level. ;)
>
> The data suggests whoever they are have been here and doing pretty much
> the same stuff for a long time.
>
> We have solid data on the earth's atm now going back 800k years.
> We have year-by-year data going back 2000y.
>
> Just like human industrial activity causes changes in certain atm gases
> certain patterns of can be seen to have continued for most of the 800ky.
> And those patterns corelate beyond chance with modern UFO sightings.
>
> A simple answer to the question of "what are they doing here" is
> "farming the oceans".
>
> And it seems possible they are now pissed we are screwing up their crops
> with ocean acidification and warming polar temps.
>
> Not only does the activity of the USAF compared with the US Navy(*)
> show there is "something" going on a high levels in the govt
> maybe indicating some special information in its possession,
> but the declared deadline of 2030 to get global warming under control
> coincidentally being around the next close approach of a certain planet
> maybe not so much of a coincidence.
>
> (*) I.e. it was the Navy that released 3 videos of objects Navy pilots
> had been chasing. When the Congress ordered all departments to
> release a report on what they knew of UFO's all the cases listed
> in the govt version of the report had been submitted by the Navy.
> The Air Force apparently did not submit anything of significance.
> As Def Dept politicians have pointed out, if the NAVY noticed
> shit flying around the skies on a daily bases how come the USAF
> in the past 70y apparently saw nothing?

I've been reading usenet for more than 20 yrs and this post is some of
the biggest horseshit I've ever read. It would spoil it form me if you
are trolling. If you are serious this is gold - jackpot!

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<suajb6$u01$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3881&group=alt.astronomy#3881

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:34:32 -0000 (UTC)
References: <LO9XH.1582$en3.164@fx07.iad> <s0jj7c0utr@news3.newsguy.com> <s0l3il$f13$1@dont-email.me> <c3hd0hpegt2psg5kfvp0umil37qn7gq2q1@4ax.com> <su6he2$15l7$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u2od0hp2ofsbbatluh7ml39obhcaaph67p@4ax.com> <su6rm8$1ftb$1@gioia.aioe.org> <398242d4-6ca3-42c7-ab7c-7297a8867a98n@googlegroups.com> <su7art$8mm$1@gioia.aioe.org> <su94bm$12vj$1@gioia.aioe.org> <su95rc$1nt0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <6208cebb@news.ausics.net>
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:34 UTC

Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> I've been reading usenet for more than 20 yrs

You can read now?

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<6208d3fc$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3882&group=alt.astronomy#3882

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 20:48:44 +1100
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
From: whis...@ozemail.com.au (Whisper)
 by: Whisper - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:48 UTC

On 13/02/2022 8:34 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> I've been reading usenet for more than 20 yrs
>
> You can read now?

I didn't mean to offend you, but you must see this is pure horseshit
right?

We go to the beach regularly, there are dolphins, fish, crabs etc. What
kind of retard would you have to be to think there are actual aliens
lurking in the oceans lol! Thanks, you had me going for a while -
actually thought you were serious lol. You got me : )

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<suakg4$1caq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3883&group=alt.astronomy#3883

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:54:14 -0000 (UTC)
References: <LO9XH.1582$en3.164@fx07.iad> <s0jj7c0utr@news3.newsguy.com> <s0l3il$f13$1@dont-email.me> <c3hd0hpegt2psg5kfvp0umil37qn7gq2q1@4ax.com> <su6he2$15l7$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u2od0hp2ofsbbatluh7ml39obhcaaph67p@4ax.com> <su6rm8$1ftb$1@gioia.aioe.org> <398242d4-6ca3-42c7-ab7c-7297a8867a98n@googlegroups.com> <su7art$8mm$1@gioia.aioe.org> <su94bm$12vj$1@gioia.aioe.org> <su95rc$1nt0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <6208cebb@news.ausics.net> <suajb6$u01$1@gioia.aioe.org> <6208d3fc$1@news.ausics.net>
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 09:54 UTC

Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> On 13/02/2022 8:34 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
>> Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>> I've been reading usenet for more than 20 yrs
>> You can read now?
> I didn't mean to offend you, but you must see this is pure horseshit
> right?

Dont worry. All anon trolls are taken as seriously as they deserve.

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<6208da61@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3884&group=alt.astronomy#3884

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:16:01 +1100
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
From: whis...@ozemail.com.au (Whisper)
 by: Whisper - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:16 UTC

On 13/02/2022 8:54 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>> You can read now?
>> I didn't mean to offend you, but you must see this is pure horseshit
>> right?
>
> Dont worry. All anon trolls are taken as seriously as they deserve.

So you really believe in UFOs from other planets & aliens living here
amongst us?

That completely blows my mind that people actually think like this. I
just can't accept anyone is that retarded so will continue believing you
are trolling or just having a bit of fun. Is there any way you can
prove you're serious and not trolling?

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<suammu$a6f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3885&group=alt.astronomy#3885

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:32:00 -0000 (UTC)
References: <LO9XH.1582$en3.164@fx07.iad> <c3hd0hpegt2psg5kfvp0umil37qn7gq2q1@4ax.com> <su6he2$15l7$1@gioia.aioe.org> <u2od0hp2ofsbbatluh7ml39obhcaaph67p@4ax.com> <su6rm8$1ftb$1@gioia.aioe.org> <398242d4-6ca3-42c7-ab7c-7297a8867a98n@googlegroups.com> <su7art$8mm$1@gioia.aioe.org> <su94bm$12vj$1@gioia.aioe.org> <su95rc$1nt0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <6208cebb@news.ausics.net> <suajb6$u01$1@gioia.aioe.org> <6208d3fc$1@news.ausics.net> <suakg4$1caq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <6208da61@news.ausics.net>
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:32 UTC

Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> On 13/02/2022 8:54 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
>> Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>> I didn't mean to offend you, but you must see this is pure horseshit
>>> right?
>> Dont worry. All anon trolls are taken as seriously as they deserve.
> So you really believe in UFOs from other planets & aliens living here

Typical concern troll behaviour.

I accept what the data says. The US Navy and Congress accept
something is going on and for some reason the USAF has been
withholding information for the past 70y.

I suspect the assymetry is a result of who was in control
of nuclear weapons in the 50s. It wasnt the Navy.

I suspect if everyone accepted there was some advanced tech
flying around the solar system that is not controlled by the major
govts of the earth and is not powered by fossil fuels the
status quo will go crazy trying to suppress that information.

I anticipated after the release of the relevant reports to Congress
some groups would try to take back all control of the release
or discussion of various topics. It is, after all, the same tactic
I've seen for the past 30y in the various climate groups.

I also accept that deperate old fossils tend to become experts only in the
knowlege upto a point 100y before their birth and tend in later
life to refuse to move and thence become irrelevant impediments to
ennlightenment.

If you have trouble understanding the big words please re-read 100 times.

--
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."
- Marie Curie

Re: UFOs and Aliens ? - NO WAY !

<6208ff1b$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3887&group=alt.astronomy#3887

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 23:52:43 +1100
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
From: whis...@ozemail.com.au (Whisper)
 by: Whisper - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 12:52 UTC

On 13/02/2022 9:32 pm, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> Whisper <whisper@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>> Dont worry. All anon trolls are taken as seriously as they deserve.
>> So you really believe in UFOs from other planets & aliens living here
>
> Typical concern troll behaviour.
>
> I accept what the data says. The US Navy and Congress accept
> something is going on and for some reason the USAF has been
> withholding information for the past 70y.
>
> I suspect the assymetry is a result of who was in control
> of nuclear weapons in the 50s. It wasnt the Navy.
>
> I suspect if everyone accepted there was some advanced tech
> flying around the solar system that is not controlled by the major
> govts of the earth and is not powered by fossil fuels the
> status quo will go crazy trying to suppress that information.
>
> I anticipated after the release of the relevant reports to Congress
> some groups would try to take back all control of the release
> or discussion of various topics. It is, after all, the same tactic
> I've seen for the past 30y in the various climate groups.
>
> I also accept that deperate old fossils tend to become experts only in the
> knowlege upto a point 100y before their birth and tend in later
> life to refuse to move and thence become irrelevant impediments to
> ennlightenment.
>
> If you have trouble understanding the big words please re-read 100 times.

So I'm the one saying UFOs are not aliens from other planets, and that
makes me the troll?