From: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: saturn bad for human reproduction
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 01:49:55 +1100
 by: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 14:49 UTC

For the last year or so I've been developing some simple AI's to
datamine a large collection of data for "numerical coincidences".
Every day there are a few things it mails me when it evaluates I might
find it interesting.

A few days ago it started to follow a theme of planetary positions and
human population growth.

Surprisingly, the position of Saturn seems to highly correlate with
human population growth.

We all know that 2 close approaches of Saturn in the 20th century
corresponded with some big problems aka WWI and WWII.

But taking those years totally out of the data it turns out the
position of Saturn is still highly related to human population growth.
It seems the population increases faster when Saturn is safely located
on the far side of the sun and, contrariwise, when it hangs around
close to the earth the population grows significantly more slowly.

The US Census people have a world population estimate that goes back
to 1000 AD. Obviously, numbers back then are a bit wobbly. But if you
run that data through my old "find the most significant cycle"
surprise surprise surprise it spits out "(about) 30 years". I.e. the
period of Saturn.

And, as I said, the AI has now show the average elongation of Saturn
over the year strongly correlates with the annual population growth.

The (summary) data looks like:

Year Av Elong Av pop gr
(deg) (bn)
1990 81.3419 0.08296
1989 81.7117 0.08733
1991 81.972 0.08462
1988 82.4204 0.07818
1992 82.7712 0.08202
1963 83.1518 0.07917
1964 83.818 0.0786933
2015 84.2038 0.07466
1965 84.6343 0.0782967
1995 85.0714 0.077565
1954 85.6422 0.071374
1967 86.1466 0.076115
1982 86.6157 0.071386
1981 87.2156 0.0694225
1999 87.63 0.067465
1950 88.1343 0.066985
1971 88.4816 0.074375
1978 88.8392 0.0758275
1977 89.3188 0.0537986
1945 89.7667 0.0607529
1946 90.0631 0.05787

For the stats heads in the audience the relevant timeseries regression
shows the link between av elong and av pop growth is highly
significant in 2 ways meaning there is maybe 1 chance in 10,000 it is
just a coincidence.

MODEL:
y = -0.0023201*x + 0.277396
beta in -0.0023201 +- 0.000551786 (90% CI)
alpha in 0.277396 +- 0.0047708
T-test: P(beta<0.000000) = 1.000000
Rank test: Calculated Spearman corr = -0.496902
Critical value = 0.432000 2-sided at 1%; reject H0:not_connected
r2 = 0.36516193

The model shows for each degree of average elongation (i.e. more time
during the year spent on the earth's side of the sun) the population
grows 2.3+-.6 mn people less. The T-test shows there is less
than 1% chance this is just a fluke of the data. The somewhat
independent of that Rank test also shows there is about 1% it is just
a fluke. Together -- as I said -- it's something like a minimum 1
chance in 1000 maybe upto 1 chance in 10,000 it's just a fluke.
The R2 numbers says the variation in average elongation tracks about
37% of the variation in annual population growth.

The "Elongation" (just in case you hang around an astro group but are
not totally across all the arcane terminology) is the angle between
the sun and whatever planet. So 0 means the planet is either in front
of (if it's an inner planet) or behind (if outer planet) and 180 means
the planet is on the opposite side of the earth to the sun.

So an average elongation over a year varies a bit around 90 deg
because roughly 1/2 the time Saturn will be on the other side of the
sun and 1/2 the time it will be in the night sky as the earth orbits
over the course of a year. But because of the various vagaries this
average will vary a bit year to year.

So it's surprising that when the average is higher (i.e. when it is
spending more time in the middle of the night sky) the population
growth is statistically slower than when it is lower (i.e. spending
more time behind the sun).

It seems the more Saturn hangs around our side of the sun the worse it
is for reproductive health.

It seems it is not just a coincidence the human "generation" is 30y and
the period of Saturn is 30y.

Indeed, if we look across the whole dataset from the Census Bureau we
find that 30y cycle in population growth goes back at least 700y.
As I said, the early years in that dataset are liable to be quite
wobbly so no wonder you can't detect the 30y thing across all 1020y.

--
Top 5 UFOs caught on RADAR
LUFOS, 13 Feb 2022

Chinese military plays game of drones from Himalayas to South China Sea
South China Morning Post, 12 Feb 2022
and a UFO-like drone that can both fly and cruise underwater, according to
the journal.

Machine `to capture hi-res UFO image by 2024' being built by Harvard professor
The Sun, 07 Feb 2022 17:36Z
Screenshot from the 'Gimbal' UFO video which includes US Navy pilots
exclaiming 'look ... In the 2004 encounter, pilots captured footage of a 'tic
-tac'-shaped object in the sky In other news, a ...

Out of the Shadows: When Mainstream Media Began Taking the UFO Topic
Seriously
The Debrief, 03 Feb 2022
When it comes to UFOs, the mainstream media only recently got into the
game. Here are some of the major voices who helped make that happen.

Can we find UFOs from above?
The Hill, 25 Jan 2022
We are used to looking up when finding Unidentified Aerial Phenomena
(UAP, previously known as UFOs) of the type reported by the Office of the
Director of...

`Something's coming': is America finally ready to take UFOs seriously?
The Guardian, 05 Feb 2022 09:32Z
It's: how crowded is it up there?' UFO-watchers say 2022 could ...

Re: saturn bad for human reproduction

<62092443$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3889&group=alt.astronomy#3889

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 02:31:16 +1100
Subject: Re: saturn bad for human reproduction
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
From: whis...@ozemail.com.au (Whisper)
 by: Whisper - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 15:31 UTC

On 14/02/2022 1:49 am, MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote:
> [...]
> exclaiming 'look ... In the 2004 encounter, pilots captured footage of a 'tic
> -tac'-shaped object in the sky In other news, a ...
>
> Out of the Shadows: When Mainstream Media Began Taking the UFO Topic
> Seriously
> The Debrief, 03 Feb 2022
> When it comes to UFOs, the mainstream media only recently got into the
> game. Here are some of the major voices who helped make that happen.
>
> Can we find UFOs from above?
> The Hill, 25 Jan 2022
> We are used to looking up when finding Unidentified Aerial Phenomena
> (UAP, previously known as UFOs) of the type reported by the Office of the
> Director of...
>
> `Something's coming': is America finally ready to take UFOs seriously?
> The Guardian, 05 Feb 2022 09:32Z
> It's: how crowded is it up there?' UFO-watchers say 2022 could ...

You know what I said about your recent post being the biggest horseshit
I've ever seen in 20 years on usenet? I retract that statement. This
tops it.