From: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: lights in the sky acorss N America
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:34:55 +1100
 by: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 00:34 UTC

Many UFO sightings are "lights in the sky".
Even people researching the subject for years now tend to
discount such reports because they are supposedly so likely
to be satellites, stars or planets.

Indeed, in the NUFORC database I favor because of its transparency
policies, many and I mean many sightings are notated
"probably STARLINK satellite train" or similar. :)

But I've just updated some plots related to the local and GMT time
of all NUFORC sightings across the US and Canada.

The plots show many sightings happen around the same time GMT.
And the longitude by GMT time of sighting tend to support the idea
a big chunk of objects seen are involved in a net drift from
east to west acorss N America on a daily basis.

The slope of the relevant line gives an estimate of the speed
of this rough drift speed.

As some of the current and former Def Dept people say --
we hope to G*d it isn't the Russians or Chinese.

Keep your sense of humor for forget all the dumb Appeal to Ignorance fallacies.

PLOTS:

<kymhorsell.com/UFO/hrdist.gif>
<kymhorsell.com/UFO/hrdistgmt.gif>

The frequency of sightings by local and GMT times. There is a
good peak around 3-4am GMT. This peak has moved with the
addition of the Canadian part of the NUFORC sightings.
Earlier, the peak was seen around 2-3am GMT. Given this peak
it might be guessed some part of the world with a local time
of midday at 3-4am GMT may be related to an operational origin
of some objects for reasons outlined previously.

<kymhorsell.com/UFO/lngbyhr.gif>
<kymhorsell.com/UFO/lngbyhrgmt.gif>

These plots show the distribution of sighting time versus
longitude. In local time the best-fit line slopes in one
direction. But corrected to GMT we see a tighter fit to the
regr line and a slope to the other side indicating sightings
in the W of Canada and the US are generally made later than in
the E. The slope of this line indicates an approximate "drift
speed" of objects east-to-west. A substantial drift speed.

<kymhorsell.com/UFO/Archive>.

--
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

UFO Expert Chris Mellon: Based On What We Know About UAPs, Aliens Are The
BEST Explanation
Yahoo News, 05 Feb 2022 02:15Z
UFO expert Christopher Mellon makes the case for the alien hypothesis ...
It also sets the day's political agenda by breaking ...

Mysterious UFO sightings could really be Russian & Chinese military DRONES
in huge national security issue, expert warns
The Sun, 04 Feb 2022 18:16Z
said the issue of unidentified aerial phenomena has "gone dark" since
Pentagon's report was published in June. It concluded ...
["Russian drones" that travel daily at 6000 kph across the US.
We hope to G*d it's something else!]

Top 5 UFOs caught on RADAR
LUFOS, 13 Feb 2022
This is a compilation of credible accounts of UFOs being tracked on RADAR.
The list: Aurigny Flight 544 UFO Japan Air Lines Cargo Flight 1628 ...

Chinese military plays game of drones from Himalayas to South China Sea
South China Morning Post, 12 Feb 2022
and a UFO-like drone that can both fly and cruise underwater, according to
the journal.

Rice University: Rice to host international conference on scholarship of the
paranormal March 3-6
India Education Diary, 11 Feb 2022 0:53Z
His early interest in the UFO phenomenon and psychical research led to a
series ... many papers in the technical journals of ...

Machine `to capture hi-res UFO image by 2024' being built by Harvard professor
The Sun, 07 Feb 2022 17:36Z
Screenshot from the 'Gimbal' UFO video which includes US Navy pilots
exclaiming 'look ... In the 2004 encounter, pilots captured footage of a 'tic
-tac'-shaped object in the sky In other news, a ...

Out of the Shadows: When Mainstream Media Began Taking the UFO Topic
Seriously
The Debrief, 03 Feb 2022
When it comes to UFOs, the mainstream media only recently got into the
game. Here are some of the major voices who helped make that happen.

Can we find UFOs from above?
The Hill, 25 Jan 2022
We are used to looking up when finding Unidentified Aerial Phenomena
(UAP, previously known as UFOs) of the type reported by the Office of the
Director of...

`Something's coming': is America finally ready to take UFOs seriously?
The Guardian, 05 Feb 2022 09:32Z
It's: how crowded is it up there?' UFO-watchers say 2022 could ...

tech / alt.astronomy / lights in the sky acorss N America