From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Outlook/Hotmail Accounts
Date: 28 Mar 2023 21:52:29 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 21:52 UTC

I have a Xiaomi Poco running Android 12 and I have been struggling to add
an Outlook/Hotmail account. I found a post on a forum that said support
for these accounts has been removed from Android, it then gave a manual
work round by setting the server to m.outlook.com.

Has Android really removed support for Outlook/Hotmail?

All these mail account suppliers are becoming a bit precious, eM Client
(on Windows) won't play with Yahoo, Android won't play with Outlook.com,
when I added the account to Gmail it treated it as an IMAP account.

Any input appreciated before I go back to my old Doro or buy a Nokia dumb
phone.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his friends for his

computers / comp.mobile.android / Outlook/Hotmail Accounts