From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: This free Android app ad and tracking inspector will easily show apps you might want to delete
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 06:20:07 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 05:20 UTC

While Muntashir Akon will find apps with ads & trackers, I think this app
finds them in an easier way to figure out what they are & what they track.

*Inspector* by Razar
Free, ad free, gsf free, 4.4star, 41 reviews, 1K+Downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ussr.razar.inspector>

Of course, the goal is no "red" apps and only "green" apps when it's run.
It only has a thousand downloads, but I think it's good for what it does.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to faithfully let people know about this nice app.

Re: This free Android app ad and tracking inspector will easily show apps you might want to delete

<u0qio3$144kq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39119&group=comp.mobile.android#39119

From: nob...@notme.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 19:15:49 -0700
 by: David E. Ross - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 02:15 UTC

On 4/6/2023 10:50 AM, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> While Muntashir Akon will find apps with ads & trackers, I think this app
> finds them in an easier way to figure out what they are & what they track.
>
> *Inspector* by Razar
> Free, ad free, gsf free, 4.4star, 41 reviews, 1K+Downloads
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ussr.razar.inspector>
>
> Of course, the goal is no "red" apps and only "green" apps when it's run.
> It only has a thousand downloads, but I think it's good for what it does.

Is it possible to set up any Android phone to only have on it those apps
that have zero analytic trackers and also zero advertisement trackers?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.

Re: This free Android app ad and tracking inspector will easily show apps you might want to delete

<u0s12f$1cp8h$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39128&group=comp.mobile.android#39128

From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 16:26:25 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 15:26 UTC

David E. Ross wrote:

> Is it possible to set up any Android phone to only have on it those apps
> that have zero analytic trackers and also zero advertisement trackers?

Yes. It is absolutely possible and quite feasible to have the phone fully
populated only with apps that don't have either trackers or advertisements.

In fact, of the seven hundred apps on my phone, only about 2% of the apps
(two out of every hundred apps) contained either trackers or ads or both.

One by one, you can identify them.
And remove them.

Like this...
<https://i.postimg.cc/rwxzyFdM/adinspector01.jpg> AppHub by T-Mobile 2T/2A
<https://i.postimg.cc/YSD5JQp9/adinspector02.jpg> Audio Recorder 2T/0A
<https://i.postimg.cc/3Nmz4624/adinspector03.jpg> Calculator 0T/1A
<https://i.postimg.cc/13BhrL2D/adinspector04.jpg> AccuWeather 6T/2A
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjHHGgQR/adinspector05.jpg> T-Mo Devce Manager 2T/1A
<https://i.postimg.cc/zGJ4vxvv/adinspector06.jpg> GSAM BatMonitor 2T/2A
<https://i.postimg.cc/02GL9T8h/adinspector07.jpg> MCM Client 3T/1A
<https://i.postimg.cc/KzwygBVV/adinspector08.jpg> Nova7 2T/0A
<https://i.postimg.cc/fRBp9YSK/adinspector09.jpg> Tor Browser 2T/0A
<https://i.postimg.cc/nzsyZMz1/adinspector10.jpg> Uno Calc 2T/0A

I wish the app had a remove button to make it easier though.
What I did was look at the "manifest" which gave me the full app name.

Then I went into Muntashir to find the app & click on the "uninstall".
*App Manager* - Android package manager by Muntashir Akon
A full-featured open source package manager for android.
<https://f-droid.org/packages/io.github.muntashirakon.AppManager/>
<https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/AppManager>
<https://muntashirakon.github.io/AppManager/en/>

Sometimes you may need to use local adb (ladb) or adb to delete them.
C:\> adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.package.name (disable package)
C:\> adb shell pm enable --user 0 com.package.name (enable package)
C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.package.name (uninstall package)
C:\> adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.package.name (keep data/cache)
C:\> adb shell cmd package install-existing com.package.name (reinstall)

As shown here:
<https://i.postimg.cc/DZ0n6st7/appmanager01.jpg> Find & remove any app
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to faithfully remove apps with trackers & ads.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: This free Android app ad and tracking inspector will easily show apps you might want to delete