** MAXIMUM TERMINALS ACTIVE. TRY AGAIN LATER **

computers / comp.mobile.android / No thumb in Whatsapp

SubjectAuthor
* No thumb in WhatsappFokke Nauta
+* Re: No thumb in WhatsappCarlos E.R.
|`* Re: No thumb in WhatsappAllodoxaphobia
| `- Re: No thumb in WhatsappJoerg Lorenz
+- Re: No thumb in Whatsappmicky
+* Re: No thumb in WhatsappJoerg Lorenz
|`* Re: No thumb in WhatsappFokke Nauta
| `* Re: No thumb in WhatsappFrank Slootweg
|  `- Re: No thumb in WhatsappFokke Nauta
`* Re: No thumb in Whatsapps|b
 `- Re: No thumb in WhatsappFokke Nauta

1
No thumb in Whatsapp

<kb7lksFu1spU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39498&group=comp.mobile.android#39498

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: No thumb in Whatsapp
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 19:08:44 +0200
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 17:08 UTC

Hi all,

A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
the symbols. It's dissapeared. How can she get it back?

Many thanks beforehand.

Fokke Nauta

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<iml2ijxn63.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39499&group=comp.mobile.android#39499

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: No thumb in Whatsapp
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 19:38:58 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 17:38 UTC

On 2023-04-30 19:08, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
> Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
> the symbols. It's dissapeared. How can she get it back?
>
> Many thanks beforehand.
>
> Fokke Nauta

Thumb up? I have it in the faces section. Just two rows after the
smiling turd, green alien face, and the android.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<srbu4idpsc4iqpht48fnk4b2v9umnp4bpj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39516&group=comp.mobile.android#39516

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 23:19:45 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 1 May 2023 03:19 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 30 Apr 2023 19:08:44 +0200, Fokke Nauta
<usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
>Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
>the symbols. It's dissapeared.

I have the thumb. My girlfriend wanted one so I gave it to her for her
birthday.

>How can she get it back?

It will be hard to get it back. You have to give me something she wants
more.

>Many thanks beforehand.

No problem.

>Fokke Nauta

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<u2ne7a$ktl$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39518&group=comp.mobile.android#39518

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 06:12:26 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Mon, 1 May 2023 04:12 UTC

Am 30.04.23 um 19:08 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
> Hi all,
>
> A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
> Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
> the symbols. It's dissapeared. How can she get it back?

Probably with new glasses. It cannot "disappear".

> Many thanks beforehand.

Your welcome.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<kb9cdfF7iprU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39522&group=comp.mobile.android#39522

From: me...@privacy.invalid (s|b)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 10:43:35 +0200
 by: s|b - Mon, 1 May 2023 08:43 UTC

On Sun, 30 Apr 2023 19:08:44 +0200, Fokke Nauta wrote:

> A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
> Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
> the symbols. It's dissapeared. How can she get it back?

Have her type

thumb

or

:thumb:

or

duim

and the space. Chances are it will appear.

--
s|b

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<slrnu4vcpt.kv0.trepidation@vps.jonz.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39524&group=comp.mobile.android#39524

From: trepidat...@example.net (Allodoxaphobia)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 1 May 2023 12:40:29 GMT
 by: Allodoxaphobia - Mon, 1 May 2023 12:40 UTC

On Sun, 30 Apr 2023 19:38:58 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2023-04-30 19:08, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
>> Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
>> the symbols. It's dissapeared. How can she get it back?
>
> Thumb up? I have it in the faces section. Just two rows after the
> smiling turd, green alien face, and the android.

What a bunch of absolute *CRAP* technology has lead us into.

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<u2oelf$14r9$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39525&group=comp.mobile.android#39525

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 15:26:07 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Mon, 1 May 2023 13:26 UTC

Am 01.05.23 um 14:40 schrieb Allodoxaphobia:
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2023 19:38:58 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:
>> On 2023-04-30 19:08, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
>>> Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
>>> the symbols. It's dissapeared. How can she get it back?
>>
>> Thumb up? I have it in the faces section. Just two rows after the
>> smiling turd, green alien face, and the android.
>
> What a bunch of absolute *CRAP* technology has lead us into.

Because you do not know it and do not want to use it?
Grow up, dear!

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<kbcdpvFltt5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39563&group=comp.mobile.android#39563

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 14:25:35 +0200
 by: Fokke Nauta - Tue, 2 May 2023 12:25 UTC

On 01/05/2023 06:12, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 30.04.23 um 19:08 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
>> Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
>> the symbols. It's dissapeared. How can she get it back?
>
> Probably with new glasses. It cannot "disappear".

Well, it's definitely gone. I checked it.

>> Many thanks beforehand.
>
> Your welcome.

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<kbcdrrFltt5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39564&group=comp.mobile.android#39564

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 14:26:35 +0200
 by: Fokke Nauta - Tue, 2 May 2023 12:26 UTC

On 01/05/2023 10:43, s|b wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2023 19:08:44 +0200, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>
>> A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
>> Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
>> the symbols. It's dissapeared. How can she get it back?
>
> Have her type
>
> thumb
>
> or
>
> :thumb:
>
> or
>
> duim
>
> and the space. Chances are it will appear.

Thanks. We will try it out!

Fokke

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<u2rpn7.mrs.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39571&group=comp.mobile.android#39571

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 2 May 2023 17:53:29 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Tue, 2 May 2023 17:53 UTC

Fokke Nauta <usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:
> On 01/05/2023 06:12, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> > Am 30.04.23 um 19:08 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> A friend of mine is using a Samsung Android phone. She is using
> >> Whatsapp. When she wants to send a symbol, there is no thumb anymore in
> >> the symbols. It's dissapeared. How can she get it back?
> >
> > Probably with new glasses. It cannot "disappear".
>
> Well, it's definitely gone. I checked it.

A theory: WhatsApp has an update which had to be installed before May
1. I just looked at it and the location of the emoji tabs seem to have
changed, so may be she's just looking in the wrong place.

The emoji tabs appear when you tap on the smiley face on the left of
the composition window (the window which says "Message" when it's
empty).

The first - most left - tab is now the recently used emojis, that tab
has a clock icon. The second tab is the smileys emojis, that tab has a
smiley icon.

The thumb emoji is on the first/clock tab if she has recently used the
thumb.

In any case, it's on the second/smiley tab on the row which Carlos
mentioned, or, put differently, on the row below the cat-faces.

> >> Many thanks beforehand.
> >
> > Your welcome.

Re: No thumb in Whatsapp

<kbd8brFpvpoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39572&group=comp.mobile.android#39572

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 21:58:52 +0200
 by: Fokke Nauta - Tue, 2 May 2023 19:58 UTC

On 02/05/2023 19:53, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> Fokke Nauta <usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:

>>> Probably with new glasses. It cannot "disappear".
>>
>> Well, it's definitely gone. I checked it.
>
> A theory: WhatsApp has an update which had to be installed before May
> 1. I just looked at it and the location of the emoji tabs seem to have
> changed, so may be she's just looking in the wrong place.
>
> The emoji tabs appear when you tap on the smiley face on the left of
> the composition window (the window which says "Message" when it's
> empty).
>
> The first - most left - tab is now the recently used emojis, that tab
> has a clock icon. The second tab is the smileys emojis, that tab has a
> smiley icon.
>
> The thumb emoji is on the first/clock tab if she has recently used the
> thumb.
>
> In any case, it's on the second/smiley tab on the row which Carlos
> mentioned, or, put differently, on the row below the cat-faces.

>>> Your welcome.

I'll have a look at it.
Thanks.

Fokke

computers / comp.mobile.android / No thumb in Whatsapp