You need tender loving care once a week - so that I can slap you into shape. -- Ellyn Mustard

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

SubjectAuthor
* Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsMaxT
+* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsCarlos E.R.
|`* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsMaxT
| +* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsCarlos E.R.
| |+- Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androidsnospam
| |+- Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsMaxT
| |`- Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsJoerg Lorenz
| `* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsBrian Gregory
|  `- Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsAllodoxaphobia
`* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androidsmicky
 `* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsMaxT
  +* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsJoerg Lorenz
  |`* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsMaxT
  | `- Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androidsmicky
  `* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsNewyana2
   +* Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsMaxT
   |`- Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsCarlos E.R.
   `- Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On AndroidsJoerg Lorenz

1
Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<119df552f1efa346accfe8cd996c3113@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39581&group=comp.mobile.android#39581

From: Max...@NewsPosts.org
Subject: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 21:14:36 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
 by: Max...@NewsPosts.org - Wed, 3 May 2023 19:14 UTC

My wife gets some tricky emails on her Verizon account.

Is there anyway she can use Settings allowing her to see the real
path header?

I have an old flip phone, so I know nothing about smart phones.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<1gtaijxoks.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39582&group=comp.mobile.android#39582

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 22:41:05 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Wed, 3 May 2023 20:41 UTC

On 2023-05-03 21:14, MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:
> My wife gets some tricky emails on her Verizon account.
>
> Is there anyway she can use Settings allowing her to see the real
> path header?
>
> I have an old flip phone, so I know nothing about smart phones.

That's up to the app you use to see emails in Android.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<13ee6e9fc26c37df6f733fbea3c6ed92@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39586&group=comp.mobile.android#39586

From: Max...@NewsPosts.org
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 01:31:37 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
 by: Max...@NewsPosts.org - Wed, 3 May 2023 23:31 UTC

In article <1gtaijxoks.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>
"Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-05-03 21:14, MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:
> > My wife gets some tricky emails on her Verizon account.
> >
> > Is there anyway she can use Settings allowing her to see the real
> > path header?
> >
> > I have an old flip phone, so I know nothing about smart phones.
> >

> That's up to the app you use to see emails in Android.
>

> --
> Cheers, Carlos.

According to her, she has two apps. Yahoo and Gmail. She has an
account with each one.

So, now what?

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<n4r55ihv8efegae0110udiofuati1ebmov@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39587&group=comp.mobile.android#39587

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 19:33:50 -0400
 by: micky - Wed, 3 May 2023 23:33 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 3 May 2023 21:14:36 +0200 (CEST),
MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:

>My wife gets some tricky emails on her Verizon account.
>
>Is there anyway she can use Settings allowing her to see the real
>path header?

I use K-9 and I couldn't remember so I just checked. When the email I'm
interested in open, the 3 dots in the top right corner include Show
Headers, and indeed it shows them all, with the header names in bold.

If her email program doesn't, what she can do is not delete the email
from the server, make sure it's set to not happen automatically, and
then dl her email to a PC program which does show headers.

My big complaint with K-9 is that it has some help webpages but not a
detailed manual. But it's free and I shouldn't look a gift horse in the
mouth.

>I have an old flip phone, so I know nothing about smart phones.

Can you see the headers on the flip phone?

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<5dfa6fadebef0cd7348cad6a436e86c4@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39589&group=comp.mobile.android#39589

From: Max...@NewsPosts.org
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 02:11:54 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
 by: Max...@NewsPosts.org - Thu, 4 May 2023 00:11 UTC

In article <n4r55ihv8efegae0110udiofuati1ebmov@4ax.com>
micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

> In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 3 May 2023 21:14:36 +0200 (CEST),
> MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:
>
> >My wife gets some tricky emails on her Verizon account.
> >
> >Is there anyway she can use Settings allowing her to see the real
> >path header?
>
> I use K-9 and I couldn't remember so I just checked. When the email I'm
> interested in open, the 3 dots in the top right corner include Show
> Headers, and indeed it shows them all, with the header names in bold.

Since I posted, I found that my wife can see the headers when she
uses the Reply: item. However, if the e-mail is malware, opening it
can automatically infect one's phone. That's why I'm wondering if
the real Path of the sender can be shown without opening the e-mail
body.

The absolute main method of malware infections, personal or business
ones, is through phishing. As once said, curiosity killed the cat.
~

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<9ifbijxvie.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39590&group=comp.mobile.android#39590

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 03:49:29 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Thu, 4 May 2023 01:49 UTC

On 2023-05-04 01:31, MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:
> In article <1gtaijxoks.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>
> "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> On 2023-05-03 21:14, MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:
>>> My wife gets some tricky emails on her Verizon account.
>>>
>>> Is there anyway she can use Settings allowing her to see the real
>>> path header?
>>>
>>> I have an old flip phone, so I know nothing about smart phones.
>>>

>> That's up to the app you use to see emails in Android.
>>

> According to her, she has two apps. Yahoo and Gmail. She has an
> account with each one.
>
> So, now what?
Those are not apps, they are accounts.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<030520232243259923%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39591&group=comp.mobile.android#39591

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 22:43:25 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 4 May 2023 02:43 UTC

In article <9ifbijxvie.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>, Carlos E.R.
<robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

> > According to her, she has two apps. Yahoo and Gmail. She has an
> > account with each one.
> >
> > So, now what?
> Those are not apps, they are accounts.

they're both.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<c87553ab2a80cf6b39f70259730af43d@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39592&group=comp.mobile.android#39592

From: Max...@NewsPosts.org
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 04:57:51 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
 by: Max...@NewsPosts.org - Thu, 4 May 2023 02:57 UTC

In article <9ifbijxvie.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>
"Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-05-04 01:31, MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:
> > In article <1gtaijxoks.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

> >> That's up to the app you use to see emails in Android.
> >>

> > According to her, she has two apps. Yahoo and Gmail. She has an
> > account with each one.
> >
> > So, now what?
> Those are not apps, they are accounts.
>
> --
> Cheers, Carlos.

That's my problem. See doesn't have a clue about accounts vs. apps.
She has no idea how to find the source of her account.

I'm giving up. I don't know, and don't want to know, how to screw
around with the settings in her Smart phone. If I do, and something
goes wrong and she can't discourse throughout the day with her gal
friends, I'll end up sleeping in the garage for a week or two.

I'm done.

Thanks for trying.

P.S. I'm sticking with my dummy flip phone. No texting, no e-mails,
just talk.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<u2vh24$4v8c$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39596&group=comp.mobile.android#39596

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 07:49:56 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 4 May 2023 05:49 UTC

Am 04.05.23 um 02:11 schrieb MaxT@NewsPosts.org:
> Since I posted, I found that my wife can see the headers when she
> uses the Reply: item. However, if the e-mail is malware, opening it
> can automatically infect one's phone. That's why I'm wondering if
> the real Path of the sender can be shown without opening the e-mail
> body.
>
> The absolute main method of malware infections, personal or business
> ones, is through phishing. As once said, curiosity killed the cat.

The best is definitely to analyze the mails in a client on the PC/Mac.
There all the needed options exist. Very easy when IMAP is used.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<u306s6$csn8$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39598&group=comp.mobile.android#39598

From: Newya...@invalid.nospam (Newyana2)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 08:01:36 -0400
 by: Newyana2 - Thu, 4 May 2023 12:01 UTC

<MaxT@NewsPosts.org> wrote

| Since I posted, I found that my wife can see the headers when she
| uses the Reply: item. However, if the e-mail is malware, opening it
| can automatically infect one's phone. That's why I'm wondering if
| the real Path of the sender can be shown without opening the e-mail
| body.

The real sender can be spoofed. Even if it isn't, you'd
need to know MIME format to really understand what's
in the email. Do you know the header fields? Do you understand
the MIME type designations that prepend base-64 encoding?
If not then seeing the source will do no good.

Personally I'd never open email on a cellphone. There's just
too little control. I use TBird on Windows, plain text and
javascript disabled. If anything looks questionable, I drag it
to the Desktop and read the source in Notepad. But I've also
written email software and know what I'm looking at. Most
people won't understand the source code. Most people will
be easily fooled by a link like:
<A HREF="www.amazon.malwaresiteinchina.com">Big Sale at Amazon!

You really need to learn those basics, like the structure of
a URL and base-64 encoded file format, to assess an email.
And not only executables can be risky. MS Word files are common
attack venues, if you have MSO installed. ZIP files can sometimes
be rigged. There was even a JPG bug once, many years ago.
And PDFs... Do you disable script in your PDF reader? Do you
know about that? Do you also avoid letting the browser open
them... and hopefully stay away from Adobe's size-of-a-house
reader? ... Unfortunately, it just isn't simple to cover all these
bases.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<05ed1787b53c4bf26338d92a89476964@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39599&group=comp.mobile.android#39599

From: Max...@NewsPosts.org
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 16:22:11 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
 by: Max...@NewsPosts.org - Thu, 4 May 2023 14:22 UTC

In article <u306s6$csn8$1@paganini.bofh.team>
"Newyana2" <Newyana2@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> <MaxT@NewsPosts.org> wrote
>
> | Since I posted, I found that my wife can see the headers when she
> | uses the Reply: item. However, if the e-mail is malware, opening it
> | can automatically infect one's phone. That's why I'm wondering if
> | the real Path of the sender can be shown without opening the e-mail
> | body.
> |

> The real sender can be spoofed. Even if it isn't, you'd
> need to know MIME format to really understand what's
> in the email. Do you know the header fields? Do you understand
> the MIME type designations that prepend base-64 encoding?
> If not then seeing the source will do no good.
>
> Personally I'd never open email on a cellphone. There's just
> too little control. I use TBird on Windows, plain text and
> javascript disabled. If anything looks questionable, I drag it
> to the Desktop and read the source in Notepad. But I've also
> written email software and know what I'm looking at. Most
> people won't understand the source code. Most people will
> be easily fooled by a link like:
> <A HREF="www.amazon.malwaresiteinchina.com">Big Sale at Amazon!
>
> You really need to learn those basics, like the structure of
> a URL and base-64 encoded file format, to assess an email.
> And not only executables can be risky. MS Word files are common
> attack venues, if you have MSO installed. ZIP files can sometimes
> be rigged. There was even a JPG bug once, many years ago.
> And PDFs... Do you disable script in your PDF reader? Do you
> know about that? Do you also avoid letting the browser open
> them... and hopefully stay away from Adobe's size-of-a-house
> reader? ... Unfortunately, it just isn't simple to cover all these
> bases.

My wife would think I'm speaking in a foreign language if I tried
explaining the above to her. Your simple example of -
www.amazon.malwaresiteinchina.com is exactly what I want her to be
able to see. That type of header would tell her immediately - and
very simply - whether the e-mail was truly from amazon. The foregoing
is all I ever use myself for better protection regarding questionable
e-mails.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<u30ipm$5521$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39600&group=comp.mobile.android#39600

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 17:25:42 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 4 May 2023 15:25 UTC

Am 04.05.23 um 14:01 schrieb Newyana2:
> <MaxT@NewsPosts.org> wrote
>
> | Since I posted, I found that my wife can see the headers when she
> | uses the Reply: item. However, if the e-mail is malware, opening it
> | can automatically infect one's phone. That's why I'm wondering if
> | the real Path of the sender can be shown without opening the e-mail
> | body.
> |

> The real sender can be spoofed. Even if it isn't, you'd
> need to know MIME format to really understand what's
> in the email. Do you know the header fields? Do you understand
> the MIME type designations that prepend base-64 encoding?
> If not then seeing the source will do no good.
>
> Personally I'd never open email on a cellphone. There's just
> too little control. I use TBird on Windows, plain text and
> javascript disabled. If anything looks questionable, I drag it
> to the Desktop and read the source in Notepad. But I've also
> written email software and know what I'm looking at. Most
> people won't understand the source code. Most people will
> be easily fooled by a link like:
> <A HREF="www.amazon.malwaresiteinchina.com">Big Sale at Amazon!
>
> You really need to learn those basics, like the structure of
> a URL and base-64 encoded file format, to assess an email.
> And not only executables can be risky. MS Word files are common
> attack venues, if you have MSO installed. ZIP files can sometimes
> be rigged. There was even a JPG bug once, many years ago.
> And PDFs... Do you disable script in your PDF reader? Do you
> know about that? Do you also avoid letting the browser open
> them... and hopefully stay away from Adobe's size-of-a-house
> reader? ... Unfortunately, it just isn't simple to cover all these
> bases.

Complete nonsense and nobody asked about these things.
Before you lecture get your own act together.

The OPs spouse should learn to use the spam-filter more efficiently. I
strongly believe that she should not be bothered with such details.
Google and Yahoo do super lousy job. That is nothing new either.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<u30j52$5521$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39601&group=comp.mobile.android#39601

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 17:31:45 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 4 May 2023 15:31 UTC

Am 04.05.23 um 03:49 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
> On 2023-05-04 01:31, MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:
>> According to her, she has two apps. Yahoo and Gmail. She has an
>> account with each one.
>>
>> So, now what?
> Those are not apps, they are accounts.

And apps as well.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<ef267b3b4ec1011daea5cda065cd494a@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39603&group=comp.mobile.android#39603

From: Max...@NewsPosts.org
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 18:02:50 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
 by: Max...@NewsPosts.org - Thu, 4 May 2023 16:02 UTC

In article <u2vh24$4v8c$1@solani.org>
Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 04.05.23 um 02:11 schrieb MaxT@NewsPosts.org:
> > Since I posted, I found that my wife can see the headers when she
> > uses the Reply: item. However, if the e-mail is malware, opening it
> > can automatically infect one's phone. That's why I'm wondering if
> > the real Path of the sender can be shown without opening the e-mail
> > body.
> >
> > The absolute main method of malware infections, personal or business
> > ones, is through phishing. As once said, curiosity killed the cat.
>
> The best is definitely to analyze the mails in a client on the PC/Mac.
> There all the needed options exist. Very easy when IMAP is used.
>
> --
> Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

There's no way my wife is going to 'analyze* mail by any means,
especially with stuff like IMAP. That's why I just would like
headers showing on her phone. She rarely uses her desktop or laptop.
She lives by Smart phone only.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<t29dijxsbm.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39605&group=comp.mobile.android#39605

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 20:11:09 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Thu, 4 May 2023 18:11 UTC

On 2023-05-04 16:22, MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:
> In article <u306s6$csn8$1@paganini.bofh.team>
> "Newyana2" <Newyana2@invalid.nospam> wrote:
>>
>> <MaxT@NewsPosts.org> wrote
>>
>> | Since I posted, I found that my wife can see the headers when she
>> | uses the Reply: item. However, if the e-mail is malware, opening it
>> | can automatically infect one's phone. That's why I'm wondering if
>> | the real Path of the sender can be shown without opening the e-mail
>> | body.
>> |

>> The real sender can be spoofed. Even if it isn't, you'd
>> need to know MIME format to really understand what's
>> in the email. Do you know the header fields? Do you understand
>> the MIME type designations that prepend base-64 encoding?
>> If not then seeing the source will do no good.
>>
>> Personally I'd never open email on a cellphone. There's just
>> too little control. I use TBird on Windows, plain text and
>> javascript disabled. If anything looks questionable, I drag it
>> to the Desktop and read the source in Notepad. But I've also
>> written email software and know what I'm looking at. Most
>> people won't understand the source code. Most people will
>> be easily fooled by a link like:
>> <A HREF="www.amazon.malwaresiteinchina.com">Big Sale at Amazon!

That's not a header.

In Thunderbird on a computer, you see that typing ctrl-U, "View /
message source".

> My wife would think I'm speaking in a foreign language if I tried
> explaining the above to her. Your simple example of -
> www.amazon.malwaresiteinchina.com is exactly what I want her to be
> able to see. That type of header would tell her immediately - and
> very simply - whether the e-mail was truly from amazon. The foregoing
> is all I ever use myself for better protection regarding questionable
> e-mails.

It is not that complicated. It is actually simple. However, the "gmail
app" in Android can not "display message source". Nothing in any of the
two "three dot menu" that I can see.

Just beneath the address field of the email, there is a down arrow.
Tapping on it, you see some more details. There is then a further tap to
see "security details", but you will not see much there.

To see any of what you ask, you need a more sophisticated tool, like K9,
which can display headers. It can not "display message source", which
you need to see deceptive URLs.

By the way, I'm never afraid of "opening" emails, but I never do so in
Windows. I use Linux. Opening is safe, at least in Linux. I can't vouch
for Android.

Now, clicking on links or files included in the email, that can be
dangerous.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<kbibtjFjcimU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39606&group=comp.mobile.android#39606

From: void-inv...@email.invalid (Brian Gregory)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 19:30:10 +0100
 by: Brian Gregory - Thu, 4 May 2023 18:30 UTC

On 04/05/2023 00:31, MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:

> According to her, she has two apps. Yahoo and Gmail. She has an
> account with each one.
>
> So, now what?

Gmail is exceptionally good at moving suspicious things into the spam
folder and not letting you open them completely without warning you. It
also hides your IP address when you view the media in an email.

Yahoo I don't know their app, but I do know I don't trust them, because
whenever a friend or acquaintance's email account gets taken over and
used to send SPAM or phishing emails claiming they need me to send cash
immediately because they're stranded abroad, it's always a Yahoo email
address.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<16985i55bbqqthp68os019ptg8sapn6ct6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39610&group=comp.mobile.android#39610

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 17:40:05 -0400
 by: micky - Thu, 4 May 2023 21:40 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 4 May 2023 18:02:50 +0200 (CEST),
MaxT@NewsPosts.org wrote:

>In article <u2vh24$4v8c$1@solani.org>
>Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>>
>> Am 04.05.23 um 02:11 schrieb MaxT@NewsPosts.org:
>> > Since I posted, I found that my wife can see the headers when she
>> > uses the Reply: item. However, if the e-mail is malware, opening it
>> > can automatically infect one's phone. That's why I'm wondering if
>> > the real Path of the sender can be shown without opening the e-mail
>> > body.
>> >
>> > The absolute main method of malware infections, personal or business
>> > ones, is through phishing. As once said, curiosity killed the cat.
>>
>> The best is definitely to analyze the mails in a client on the PC/Mac.
>> There all the needed options exist. Very easy when IMAP is used.
>>
>> --
>> Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)
>
>There's no way my wife is going to 'analyze* mail by any means,

BTW, I'm no guru but I do a lot more looking than I think your wife does
and yet I wouldn't know how to use headers to determine w hich email has
malware and which doesn't

>especially with stuff like IMAP. That's why I just would like
>headers showing on her phone. She rarely uses her desktop or laptop.
>She lives by Smart phone only.

Well, I think that means she should back up her contacts, texts, emails,
everything, on a regular basis, maybe automatically if that's possible
and be prepared to reset the phone*** if there is ever malware that her
av program** doesn't stop.

**She does have an AV app on the phone, right. I think I use AVG free.

***or buy a new one, but afaik there is never a reason not to just reset
the phone and reinstall all the old files.

Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids

<slrnu58ejt.n3o.trepidation@vps.jonz.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39611&group=comp.mobile.android#39611

From: trepidat...@example.net (Allodoxaphobia)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 4 May 2023 23:06:37 GMT
 by: Allodoxaphobia - Thu, 4 May 2023 23:06 UTC

On Thu, 4 May 2023 19:30:10 +0100, Brian Gregory wrote:

> Yahoo I don't know their app, but I do know I don't trust them, because
> whenever a friend or acquaintance's email account gets taken over and
> used to send SPAM or phishing emails claiming they need me to send cash
> immediately because they're stranded abroad, it's always a Yahoo email
> address.

Or an AOL address. My brother-in-law, sigh... About once every 2 months.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Cand Email Headers Be Seen On Androids