From: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: neptune shows signs of global warming
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 06:13:11 +1000
 by: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 20:13 UTC

The forecast on planet Neptune is chilly - and getting colder
Yahoo! Voices, 11 Apr 2022 14:17Z

Unexpected Atmospheric Temperature Changes Detected on Neptune
SciTechDaily, 11 Apr 2022 08:11Z

According to tricky ground-based IR obs of Neptune over the past 14
y its stratosphere has been cooling over the period while its surface
tempreature shows no definite trend.

I've tried to get some idea of the actual dataset of the observations
to throw to one of my AI programs but so far no dice in getting anything.
A google search for related plots gives nothing.

But a made-up set of numbers with a slight declining trend finds
the best match against 2.8 GHz solar flux as recorded in Ottawa from 1947.

y = -8.63558e-05*x + -120.016
beta in -8.63558e-05 +- 3.10891e-05 90% CI
alpha in -120.016 +- 0.0312979
T-test: P(beta<0.000000) = 0.999415
Rank test: calculated Spearman corr = -0.783333
Critical Spearman = 0.783000 2-sided at 1%; reject H0:not_connected
r2 = 0.79823848

Year 2.8GHz flux Nep strat Model
2006 799.917 -120.06 -120.085*(1sd above "obs")
2007 730.833 -120.07 -120.079
2008 689.667 -120.08 -120.076
2009 705.417 -120.09 -120.077
2010 799.75 -120.1 -120.085*(1sd below)
2011 1131.58 -120.11 -120.114
2012 1199 -120.12 -120.12
2013 1224.5 -120.13 -120.122
2014 1455 -120.14 -120.142

Given the numbers are made up the result doesnt mean very much.
The real explanation may be more interesting, possibly involving
albedo changes at lower levels of the Neptune atm.

--
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

This Year's Active Tornado Season Fuels New Storm-Related Research
Forbes, 08 Apr 2022
Numerous tornadoes touched down and there were dozens of wind damage
reports. In North Texas, there have been 17 tornadoes already this year,...

Air Pollution Increases Your Risk of a Stroke, New Study Says
The Debrief, 11 Apr 2022
A new study reveals a significant link between those who live with
higher levels of air pollution having a higher probability of a stroke.

[Sooo Cooold!]
One dead, groups rescued as heat takes toll on hikers tackling NT's rugged
Larapinta Trail
ABC Alice Springs, 12 Apr 2022 07:25Z
Authorities responding to 3 Central Australia incidents in a week,
including the death of a 22-year-old man, plead with hikers to prepare for
hot weather.

[Just Out For Some Exercise, Officer!]
Self-driving car pulled over by San Francisco police, but no one was inside
ABC News, 12 Apr 2022 07:24Z
A widely circulated video posted on social media reveals San Francisco
police pulling over a self-driving vehicle, only to find it empty. The
hatchback belonged to autonomous car company, Cruise.

Flood victims signal class action lawsuit after Pacific Highway acted as
'dam wall'
ABC North Coast, 12 Apr 2022 08:22Z
Hundreds of flood-affected residents on the NSW north coast are threatening
to sue the state and federal govts over concerns the new Pacific
Highway made the recent floods worse by acting as a "dam wall".

PG&E cuts deal, pays $55 mn to avoid criminal charges in 2 CA wildfires
ABC7 News Bay Area, 12 Apr 2022 02:10Z

[New Wave:]
Philadelphia reinstates indoor mask mandate as COVID-19 cases rise
WPVI-TV, 12 Apr 2022 04:10Z

[Chemical Attack:]
More than 10000 civilians dead in Ukraine port city, mayor of Mariupol says
KSL.com, 12 Apr 2022 05:11Z

Ukraine War: US 'deeply concerned' at report of Mariupol chemical attack
BBC.com, 12 Apr 2022 09:09Z

Pentagon monitoring reports of possible Russian chemical weapons
attack in Mariupol
CNBC, 12 Apr 2022 0:05Z
Armoured vehicles of pro-Russian troops drive along a street during
Ukraine-Russia conflict in the besieged southern port city of Mariupol,...
[Reports quote Pres Zelensky saying 1000s of people were killed in a
chemical attack on Mariupol].

US pulls non-emergency staff from Shanghai amid COVID surge
The Associated Press, 12 Apr 2022 07:08Z

Brazilian Senators Call for Hearings to Examine Question of Unidentified
Aerial Phenomena
The Debrief/Micah Hanks, 07 Apr 2022
Brazilian Senators are calling for a special session that aims to bring
greater public awareness to the issue of unidentified aerial phenomena
(UAP), according to an official Senate Requirement that was recently
filed.
Citing countries around the world that "have established research
commissions for these vehicles," the Requirement references initiatives
like those undertaken by the United States Dept of Defense in
recent years, and states that "a govtal opening is sought so that
the truth discovered by these nations and their research bodies is
revealed."
The special session the Requirement proposes will occur on or around
June 24, 2022, a date internationally recognized by UAP proponents for
its association with pilot Kenneth Arnold's sighting of several
unidentified objects over Mount Rainier, Washington, in 1947.
[Brazil was the first country to declare UFO's were real and used
advanced technology in 1954. France followed in 1976].

Former CIA officer reveals military officers have suffered injuries after
encounters with UFOs
Daily Mail, 07 Apr 2022 20:44Z
Professor Christopher Green was commissioned around 2010 by a secret
$22mn defense program monitoring UFOs, to write a ...

Re: neptune shows signs of global warming

<t38vqa$1og$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3971&group=alt.astronomy#3971

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Re: neptune shows signs of global warming
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:16:29 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 11:16 UTC

MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote on 13/4/22 6:13 am:
> The forecast on planet Neptune is chilly - and getting colder
> Yahoo! Voices, 11 Apr 2022 14:17Z
>
> Unexpected Atmospheric Temperature Changes Detected on Neptune
> SciTechDaily, 11 Apr 2022 08:11Z
>
> According to tricky ground-based IR obs of Neptune over the past 14
> y its stratosphere has been cooling over the period while its surface
> tempreature shows no definite trend.

<Snip>

In an interview on ABC24 today, the Astronomer made the point that, as
this research has been carried out over just 14 years whilst Neptune has
an Orbital Time of about 140 years, so, effectively this research has
been carried out over 1/10th of an orbit ...... a bit like, maybe,
mid-Autumn to the start of Winter on Earth.

So he seemed to be suggesting that the research needed to be carried out
for much longer before drawing any firm conclusions!!

Maybe he was just ensuring his job for a while!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Re: neptune shows signs of global warming

<QvW5K.78624$001.38047@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3972&group=alt.astronomy#3972

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 07:49:21 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 14:49 UTC

On 4/14/2022 4:16 AM, Daniel65 wrote:
> MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote on 13/4/22 6:13 am:
>>    The forecast on planet Neptune is chilly - and getting colder
>>    Yahoo! Voices, 11 Apr 2022 14:17Z
>>
>>      Unexpected Atmospheric Temperature Changes Detected on Neptune
>>      SciTechDaily, 11 Apr 2022 08:11Z
>>
>> According to tricky ground-based IR obs of Neptune over the past 14
>> y its stratosphere has been cooling over the period while its surface
>> tempreature shows no definite trend.
>
> <Snip>
>
> In an interview on ABC24 today, the Astronomer made the point that, as
> this research has been carried out over just 14 years whilst Neptune has
> an Orbital Time of about 140 years, so, effectively this research has
> been carried out over 1/10th of an orbit ...... a bit like, maybe,
> mid-Autumn to the start of Winter on Earth.
>
> So he seemed to be suggesting that the research needed to be carried out
> for much longer before drawing any firm conclusions!!
>
> Maybe he was just ensuring his job for a while!! ;-P

Daniel is suggesting a high minded and idealistic
scientist, might be considering enhancing his
job security?

Uhh Haa.

Re: neptune shows signs of global warming

<t3bhsi$jlk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3974&group=alt.astronomy#3974

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 20:37:12 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:37 UTC

a425couple wrote on 15/4/22 12:49 am:
> On 4/14/2022 4:16 AM, Daniel65 wrote:
>> MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote on 13/4/22 6:13 am:
>>>    The forecast on planet Neptune is chilly - and getting colder
>>>    Yahoo! Voices, 11 Apr 2022 14:17Z
>>>
>>>      Unexpected Atmospheric Temperature Changes Detected on Neptune
>>>      SciTechDaily, 11 Apr 2022 08:11Z
>>>
>>> According to tricky ground-based IR obs of Neptune over the past 14
>>> y its stratosphere has been cooling over the period while its surface
>>> tempreature shows no definite trend.
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>> In an interview on ABC24 today, the Astronomer made the point that, as
>> this research has been carried out over just 14 years whilst Neptune
>> has an Orbital Time of about 140 years, so, effectively this research
>> has been carried out over 1/10th of an orbit ...... a bit like, maybe,
>> mid-Autumn to the start of Winter on Earth.
>>
>> So he seemed to be suggesting that the research needed to be carried
>> out for much longer before drawing any firm conclusions!!
>>
>> Maybe he was just ensuring his job for a while!! ;-P
>
> Daniel is suggesting a high minded and idealistic
> scientist, might be considering enhancing his
> job security?
>
> Uhh Haa.

Gee Whiz, did my comment really need explaining??
--
Daniel