From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Re: Interstellar object acceleration caused by planet nine ?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:28:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:28 UTC

Skybuck Flying <skybuckflying@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some scientists wrote in the past that one interstellar object seemed to accelerate and shoot out of our solar system faster than expected.

From memory the speeding up happened in the inner solar system.
Not likely any planet 9 is hiding there.

Re: Interstellar object acceleration caused by planet 9 ?

<t3bp9e$3cs$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3977&group=alt.astronomy#3977

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Re: Interstellar object acceleration caused by planet 9 ?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 22:41:04 +1000
 by: R Kym Horsell - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:41 UTC

R Kym Horsell <kym@kymhorsell.com> wrote:
> Skybuck Flying <skybuckflying@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Some scientists wrote in the past that one interstellar object seemed to accelerate and shoot out of our solar system faster than expected.
> From memory the speeding up happened in the inner solar system.
> Not likely any planet 9 is hiding there.

The wiki page says Oumuamua experienced a "non-gravitational" acceleration
amounting to about 17 m/sec in mid 2018 nr its closest approach to the sun.

The "non-gravitational" acc was similar to cometary boosts from
solar radiation and/or outgassing -- it was not smooth like gravity
but happened in a series of jolts.

So really not likely due to any hidden planet either in the outer solar
system or near the sun.