From: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: anodda thin said by armchair experts only 50y ago "cant possibly exist"
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 04:40:58 +1000
 by: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com - Sun, 15 May 2022 18:40 UTC

<https://ca.news.yahoo.com/supermassive-black-hole-galaxy-captured-051716246.html>

Supermassive black hole in our galaxy captured in first ever picture
Andrew Griffin
May 13, 2022, 3:17 p.m.

Scientists have taken the first ever image of the black hole at the
heart of our galaxy, the Milky Way.

The picture is not only our first glimpse at the supermassive black
hole - known as Sagittarius A* - but also the first direct evidence it
actually exists.

[image] Sagittarius A* is a 1000 times smaller than M87*, but they
are remarkably similar (EHT Collaboration)

Scientists have long suspected that our galaxy is the home to such a
huge, violent object: stars have been observed to be orbiting around
something compact and massive at the centre of the Milky Way. While it
appeared to be behaving like a black hole, it was invisible and
impossible to confirm.

In the new image, the black hole itself stays invisible, because it is
completely dark. But the picture shows the bright glowing ring that
runs around it, and shows the way that light bends around the region.

Researchers describe the black hole as being "the glue that holds the
galaxy together".

"It is key to our understanding of how the Milky Way formed and will
evolve in the future," said Ziri Younsi from University College
London, a researcher at Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) which captured
the image.

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."
- Marie Curie

UFO hearing: Pushing the frontiers of science with govt data
The Hill, 13 May 2022 22:22Z
Next week, the House will hold the first hearing on unidentified aerial
phenomena in more than half a century.

UFOs go to Congress: Five questions that need answering
Washington Examiner, 11 May 2022 01:05Z
For just one example as to why public awareness of this topic is important,
the Washington Examiner has seen compelling evidence that the Space Force is
undertaking quiet work in support of the govt's UFO research. That
doesn't mean UFOs are aliens. But something very significant is going on.

5 Navy witnesses describe UFO encounter with aircraft carrier
American Military News, 10 May 2022 21:05Z
Five people who all served as sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS Ronald
Reagan (CVN-76) spoke out about their 2004 ...

I'm a former Pentagon chief and I know US investigated UFO abductions of
military staff - they must reveal the truth
The Sun, 09 May 2022 13:44Z
AN ex-Pentagon chief claims the US has investigated UFO abductions of
military staff. Luis Elizondo headed a secret ...

Pentagon Releases More UFO Sighting Reports; Lawmakers Want In-Depth
Investigation
International Business Times, 03 May 2022 11:11Z
Lawmakers have been briefed on the enhanced efforts to investigate reports
of unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) ...

Have UFOs Ever Attacked Terrestrial Aircraft?
The Debrief, 22 Apr 2022
The cases involving purported attacks by UFOs on aircraft, both
military and civilian, is complicated... but some of the records are
compelling.

Former CIA officer reveals military officers have suffered injuries after
encounters with UFOs
Daily Mail, 07 Apr 2022 20:44Z
Professor Christopher Green was commissioned around 2010 by a secret
$22mn defense program monitoring UFOs, to write a ...