Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military,soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Perhaps a Russian A-50 AEW & Control plane destroyed
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 18:47:35 -0800
 by: a425couple - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 02:47 UTC

2 from Quora

Russia 🇷🇺 and Ukraine 🇺🇦 conflict ·
Follow
Posted by
Michael Wakefield
7h
There are reports that Belarussian partisans have attacked a Beriev A-50
AWACS plane at Machulishchy military airfield

If confirmed, it’s a very big, and very expensive, deal.

19K views
View 231 upvotes
20 comments from
Tony Boulton
and more
Icon for Only Truth About Russia
Only Truth About Russia ·
Wiktor Kukułski
5h

Ukraine(not verified) destroyed the most expensive Russian military
plane A50U : airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) plane, based on
Il-76 civil/military cargo plane .

This big plane used for guidance and coordination of attacks carried by
tactical planes, missiles and drones, detection of enemy radars, etc. .
Essentially an “eyes and ears” of air force. Military experts claimed
that importance of destruction of this plane is very high, similar to
sunken missile cruiser “Moskva”

The plane was destroyed in Belarus’ territory on the airfield.
Presumably the attack carried over by drones, which dropped explosive
device over the plane. It is not known, was it organized by Ukraine, or
Belarussian own anti-Lukashenko resistance movement

Explosions near Machulishchy air base in Belarus: Russia’s A-50 aircraft
might be hit

This morning explosions have occurred near the Machulishchy air base in
Belarus. As a result, Russia’s A-50 airborne early warning and control
aircraft might have been hit. — Ukrinform.
https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3675543-explosions-near-machulishchy-air-base-in-belarus-russias-a50-aircraft-might-be-hit.html
8.9K views
View 209 upvotes

Comments include

Tony Boulton
· 5h
They're even being attacked in their allies land, by their alledged allies.
I'll bet Lukashenko is behind this and blaming partisans.🤣

The last comment was meant as a joke, I don't believe this for a minute,
and I don't expect anyone else to believe it either.

Michael Wakefield
· 5h
The only cost estimate I’ve seen is $300 million — way too expensive for
a “false flag”.

Tony Boulton
· 3h
Yeah, I did put a smile after my comment, it was meant in jest.

Alain Coget
· 3h
No. As hé doesn't want this war, could be a way to Say, if we right
they'l do more.

Joshua Mulnick
· 4h
Ever hear about the invoice for 9/11?

Nando Muroni
· 6h
Gotta love partizans ❤️ Now going to put Bella Ciao on my stereo to
celebrate it

A Non
· 4h
Looks legit - munitions were dropped by a drone, severely damaging the
AWACS aircraft while parked at the airfield

Frank Blissett
· 5h
It’s still lightly sourced, so lots of caution as to what, if anything,
happened. If true, though, it would be of great tactical value to
Ukraine, but limited in the effect it had on the politics of the war.
Belarus would not be under any more pressure from Russia than they
already have been, and if there is minimal damage to Belarusian men &
material, they would not see any pressure from within Belarus.

Jeffrey Thompson
· 5h
Love this to be true, but how or who is confirming this as fact?

Steve Evers
· 4h
Is it true that there are whispers coming out of Belarus that there is a
degree of discontent being shown on the streets and in the bars of
Minsk, Barysaw and other cities…? If so, what happens when Lukashenko
goes to Beijing…?

Teehon Noin Annenkov
· 4h
Oh, a lot of Belarusians absolutely hate Lukashenko. Basically half the
country was fighting to get rid of him, with strikes and protests, but
he used extreme violence to put them down, now a lot of people sit in
prisons for political sentences and a lot of people live in exile. I
personally know a lot of belarusians here in Berlin and I also know
people in Minsk because of my belarusian wife. All have an intense
hatred for Luka.

Ivor Toad
· 4h
Good. Revenge for the Ruzzian destroying the Antoniov heavy lift
transport aircraft in Ukraine.
AN225

Harrison Lee Kari
· 4h
One down…Eight to go!

Wiktor Kukułski
· 4h
there’s only 5 or 6 of them in service, the rest are not in airworthy
condition

Sebastian Kurz
· 3h
I think if this report is correct then they have 6 left. I know they had
7 of them in 2021, maybe they received another since then, if they did
then it would be 7 left. Anyway, I find it crazy that they keep any of
these in Belarus still when they know Ukraine has the capability to
strike those airfields and with the risk from anti Lukashenko groups
inside Belarus, plus the risk of Lukashenko himself playing both sides
to save himself. These planes have a pretty long range which can be
extended with refueling. If the report is true it's just crazy to me the
Russians are leaving themselves so exposed. Then again, their own
generals are known to have sacrifice their own troops and equipment for
money in past conflicts, maybe it's still happening.