From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: ES File Explorer disappeared
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 22:52:18 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Thu, 25 May 2023 05:52 UTC

I've used it as long as I've had a smartphone. If the Chinese want to
spy on me it's a waste of their time, and I had added a number of
convenient shortcuts to move photos around on the phone and to copy them
to my computer. Efficient. Suddenly the app and the shortcuts I'd made
disappeared. Poof.

I installed Cx, which is similar but has BIG text which makes it
unsuitable for hunting for files, but it does what I need it to do --
including the handy shortcuts.

It's still mysterious, though.

--
Cheers, Bev
I see your point, but I still think you're full of crap. --Shea

Re: ES File Explorer disappeared

<u4n5sj$24hic$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=40560&group=comp.mobile.android#40560

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Walter Jones)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: ES File Explorer disappeared
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 04:23:11 -0400
 by: Walter Jones - Thu, 25 May 2023 08:23 UTC

The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote

> I installed Cx, which is similar but has BIG text which makes it
> unsuitable for hunting for files, but it does what I need it to do
> including the handy shortcuts.

The $4.99 Mix Explorer is pretty good and has ability to set shortcuts.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mixplorer.silver&hl=en&gl=US

Unlike ES File explorer, MiX is updated frequently & if you know how to
find src & APKs at reliable sources, you can get the official apk for free.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-2-2-mixplorer-v6-x-released-fully-featured-file-manager.1523691/

The official MixExplorer version 6.63.1 apk was last updated 24 April 2023
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BfeK39boriHy-9q76eXLLqbCwfV17-Gv

And the Mix Explorer 6.64.0 beta apk was last updated 11 May 2023
https://mixplorer.com/beta/

I was hoping to see shortcuts in the description but it's assumed.
When you select a file in MiXExplorer and you hit the three dots,
you get a choice to "Add to..." homescreen or to bookmarks.

Selecting homescreen will add a shortcut which you can then move
if you want to put that folder or file shortcut in a folder.

I don't really know what happens when you select Add to bookmarks,
as I didn't know it was there until I tested it just now for you
(because I didn't see it described in the description on Google Play).

If you figure out what Add to bookmarks does, let me know. :--)

MiXplorer Silver File Manager
About this app
MiX Silver is a bundle of MiXplorer file manager and Archiver, Image,
Tagger and PDF add-ons as a paid app to support development of MiXplorer.

FAQ: https://goo.gl/K9nf2y
Twitter: https://twitter.com/mixplorer

Skins: https://mixplorer.com/skins/
You can modify skin colors in the settings + Skin editor. There are also
many theme packages with different icons to download. Tap on them + Import.

Easily themable with customization option which lets you select any color
Sort, disable and enable all menu options and action buttons.
Unlimited Tabbed browsing and Dual panel in landscape mode
drag & drop between panels also supported.
Easily create Tasks to multitask Copy, Move and other operations.
Various view modes and sorting options for each folder separately!
Customizable bookmarks drawer with essential file types
Html viewer.
Font viewer.
Export/Import all preferences and bookmarks and customized skins.
Packing/unpacking 7z and Zip/Zip64 (splitted-encrypted), TAR, TAR.GZ,
TAR.BZ2, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, WIM, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, Zstandard.
Unpacking: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT,
HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR/RAR5,
RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, XAR and Z.
All your cloud storage needs accessible from one single app.
Mega.nz, Mail.ru, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, HiDrive, Mediafire, 4Sync, 4Shared,
Google Drive, Meo, OneDrive, OneDrive Business, pCloud, SugarSync.
+ (Yandex.ru, OwnCloud, MyDrive.ch, DriveHQ, CloudMe, CloudSafe).
Modifying zip files.
EPub, MobiPacket and PDF reader add-on.
Root access for all advanced operations.
EncFS volumes supported for all storages.
File encryption and decryption using Aescrypt file format.
FTP/HTTP/WebDav Servers
TCP server to receive files from the other devices which using MiXplorer
Image Viewer (it supports GIF, SVG, TGA, ICO).
Media Player + VLC codecs add-on.
Powerful Text Editor and Code Editor.
SAMBA (SMB1, SMB2.0/2.1), FTP, SFTP, WEBDAV supported as well.
RAW and TIFF decoder.

Re: ES File Explorer disappeared

<ccm3kjx82d.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=40564&group=comp.mobile.android#40564

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 11:29:16 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Thu, 25 May 2023 09:29 UTC

On 2023-05-25 07:52, The Real Bev wrote:
> I've used it as long as I've had a smartphone.  If the Chinese want to
> spy on me it's a waste of their time, and I had added a number of
> convenient shortcuts to move photos around on the phone and to copy them
> to my computer.  Efficient. Suddenly the app and the shortcuts I'd made
> disappeared.  Poof.

It was removed from the Play Store years ago, they did I don't remember
what bad thing exactly. Machines that had it installed could keep it,
but no updates or new installs.

I don't know if they created a replacement.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ES_File_Explorer>

«It was removed from the Google Play Store for committing click fraud.»

That's a serious "crime".

I use Ghost Commander by Ghost Squared,

> I installed Cx, which is similar but has BIG text which makes it
> unsuitable for hunting for files, but it does what I need it to do --
> including the handy shortcuts.
>
> It's still mysterious, though.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: ES File Explorer disappeared

<kd8pseF6v9pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=40567&group=comp.mobile.android#40567

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 10:59:43 +0100
 by: Bob Henson - Thu, 25 May 2023 09:59 UTC

On 25.5.23 6:52 am, The Real Bev wrote:
> I've used it as long as I've had a smartphone. If the Chinese want to
> spy on me it's a waste of their time, and I had added a number of
> convenient shortcuts to move photos around on the phone and to copy them
> to my computer. Efficient. Suddenly the app and the shortcuts I'd made
> disappeared. Poof.
>
> I installed Cx, which is similar but has BIG text which makes it
> unsuitable for hunting for files, but it does what I need it to do --
> including the handy shortcuts.
>
> It's still mysterious, though.

You might like to look at File Manager Plus

It's fairly intuitive to use locally and will access/transfer to the
cloud or across a network. I often find it handy for transferring stuff
to and from my desktop computer on the LAN. It's one of the first apps I
installed and have used it for years now.

--
Bob,
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Experience - a lesson from life discovered just after you most needed it.

Re: ES File Explorer disappeared

<kd91baF8sq6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=40569&group=comp.mobile.android#40569

From: mills37....@gmail.com (Roger Mills)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 13:07:06 +0100
 by: Roger Mills - Thu, 25 May 2023 12:07 UTC

On 25/05/2023 10:59, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 25.5.23 6:52 am, The Real Bev wrote:
>> I've used it as long as I've had a smartphone.  If the Chinese want to
>> spy on me it's a waste of their time, and I had added a number of
>> convenient shortcuts to move photos around on the phone and to copy them
>> to my computer.  Efficient. Suddenly the app and the shortcuts I'd made
>> disappeared.  Poof.
>>
>> I installed Cx, which is similar but has BIG text which makes it
>> unsuitable for hunting for files, but it does what I need it to do --
>> including the handy shortcuts.
>>
>> It's still mysterious, though.
>>

> You might like to look at File Manager Plus
>
> It's fairly intuitive to use locally and will access/transfer to the
> cloud or across a network. I often find it handy for transferring stuff
> to and from my desktop computer on the LAN. It's one of the first apps I
> installed and have used it for years now.

You can still get the original ES File Explorer if you download it from
ES App Group and sideload it - ignoring all the safety warnings.
--
Cheers,
Roger

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: ES File Explorer disappeared