May Euell Gibbons eat your only copy of the manual!

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Schwalbe Tires.

SubjectAuthor
* Schwalbe Tires.Tom Kunich
`* Re: Schwalbe Tires.Roger Merriman
 `- Re: Schwalbe Tires.Tom Kunich

1
Schwalbe Tires.

<4dee5ada-0a4a-458d-9da7-0cd73046059dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=40621&group=rec.bicycles.tech#40621

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 12:32:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Schwalbe Tires.
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 19:32 UTC

After seeing what some people had to say about Schwalbe tires I have some questions for you: Can you give me your opinions of the Schwalbe One Performance Road tires?

We all seem to have equally bad roads anymore so how are these tires with flat resistance and lifespan? I am getting tired of paying a fortune for Vittoria or Michelin tires and then getting a flat and having to turn around in mid-ride because I'm only carrying one extra tube.

Right now I'm returning to larger size seat packs and water bottle mounted small pumps so that I don't have to equally rely upon one or two CO2 cartridges.

The flat I had yesterday rubbed the sidewall on my Michelin Power Endurance off pretty badly. And it went flat instantly as I hit a bad pothole that I didn't notice and it got a pinch flat.

A lot of that was my fault for not checking the tire pressure before going on the ride but these 28's are much slower going down in pressure and I tend to forget checking them.

Re: Schwalbe Tires.

<sgp6gc$sqq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=40642&group=rec.bicycles.tech#40642

From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Schwalbe Tires.
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 00:39:40 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:OUH3yyNmOjvcQDHwlWAFBWVruXE=
 by: Roger Merriman - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 00:39 UTC

Tom Kunich <cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:
> After seeing what some people had to say about Schwalbe tires I have some
> questions for you: Can you give me your opinions of the Schwalbe One
> Performance Road tires?
>
> We all seem to have equally bad roads anymore so how are these tires with
> flat resistance and lifespan? I am getting tired of paying a fortune for
> Vittoria or Michelin tires and then getting a flat and having to turn
> around in mid-ride because I'm only carrying one extra tube.
>
> Right now I'm returning to larger size seat packs and water bottle
> mounted small pumps so that I don't have to equally rely upon one or two CO2 cartridges.
>
> The flat I had yesterday rubbed the sidewall on my Michelin Power
> Endurance off pretty badly. And it went flat instantly as I hit a bad
> pothole that I didn't notice and it got a pinch flat.
>
> A lot of that was my fault for not checking the tire pressure before
> going on the ride but these 28's are much slower going down in pressure
> and I tend to forget checking them.

Not used as well I’m mostly off road where Schwalbe is one of the big
players other being Maxxis.

This said the One performance will ironical given it’s name be the budget
version! Which is fine if that’s what your after? Plus need to choose tube
or tubeless.

The Pro one will have the high end compounds and what not, and is marked as
evolution line ie top of the line vs the lower performance line.

I used the Michelin power Gravel for a while and hated it, it never really
sat okay, and just annoyed me!

Roger Merriman

Re: Schwalbe Tires.

<ebb73917-0aed-4e9e-89fa-e0d4f169e2d7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=40688&group=rec.bicycles.tech#40688

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 15:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 22:34 UTC

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 5:39:43 PM UTC-7, Roger Merriman wrote:
> Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > After seeing what some people had to say about Schwalbe tires I have some
> > questions for you: Can you give me your opinions of the Schwalbe One
> > Performance Road tires?
> >
> > We all seem to have equally bad roads anymore so how are these tires with
> > flat resistance and lifespan? I am getting tired of paying a fortune for
> > Vittoria or Michelin tires and then getting a flat and having to turn
> > around in mid-ride because I'm only carrying one extra tube.
> >
> > Right now I'm returning to larger size seat packs and water bottle
> > mounted small pumps so that I don't have to equally rely upon one or two CO2 cartridges.
> >
> > The flat I had yesterday rubbed the sidewall on my Michelin Power
> > Endurance off pretty badly. And it went flat instantly as I hit a bad
> > pothole that I didn't notice and it got a pinch flat.
> >
> > A lot of that was my fault for not checking the tire pressure before
> > going on the ride but these 28's are much slower going down in pressure
> > and I tend to forget checking them.
> >
> Not used as well I’m mostly off road where Schwalbe is one of the big
> players other being Maxxis.
>
> This said the One performance will ironical given it’s name be the budget
> version! Which is fine if that’s what your after? Plus need to choose tube
> or tubeless.
>
> The Pro one will have the high end compounds and what not, and is marked as
> evolution line ie top of the line vs the lower performance line.
>
> I used the Michelin power Gravel for a while and hated it, it never really
> sat okay, and just annoyed me!

It turns out that those tires cost more than the Michelin Power All Season's I've been using. My tires are good though I had one of those "instant" flats at speed and managed to stop safely but rubbed a lot of rubber off of the sidewall. So I'll just buy a replacement. On the shelf I have a set of Goodyear All Seasons that I want to test as well. I intend to change tires around.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Schwalbe Tires.