The amount of weight an evangelist carries with the almighty is measured in billigrahams.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Bluetooth keyboards

SubjectAuthor
* Bluetooth keyboardsmicky
+* Re: Bluetooth keyboardsnospam
|`- Re: Bluetooth keyboardsmicky
+* Re: Bluetooth keyboardsJoerg Lorenz
|`- Re: Bluetooth keyboardsmicky
+* Re: Bluetooth keyboardsAuric__
|+- Re: Bluetooth keyboardsmicky
|`* Re: Bluetooth keyboardsnospam
| `* Re: Bluetooth keyboardsAuric__
|  +- Re: Bluetooth keyboardsnospam
|  `- Re: Bluetooth keyboardsmicky
+* Re: Bluetooth keyboardsMajorLanGod
|`* Re: Bluetooth keyboardsmicky
| `- Re: Bluetooth keyboardsMajorLanGod
`* Re: Bluetooth keyboardsDerek J Decker
 `- Re: Bluetooth keyboardsmicky

1
Bluetooth keyboards

<7gtn7i1t1ihv12oo1g2m2tc9t6crj0i4hn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=40984&group=comp.mobile.android#40984

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Bluetooth keyboards
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 22:33:21 -0400
 by: micky - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 02:33 UTC

I just recently learned about bluetooth keyboards that work with phones,
tablets, and PCs!

WRT a phone, if I connect the keyboard to the phone with bluetooth, can
I at the same time connect bluetooth headphones to the phone?

I'd bet the answer is no, but they keep coming up with new things.

What are your other opinions about these qwerty keyboards?

Like Logitech K480 for example or many others

They seem like a good idea.

Because rather than have to find a tablet WITH a keyboard. for the
minority of time I'll want to type anything, it will be cheaper to get a
nice keyboard and use it with successive tablets, or the phone?

I mostly use a PC, and MyPhoneExplorer if I have to send a text longer
than a few words, but when in the car or traveling, I might want to type
into my phone. If I have my laptop, the fullsize usb keyboard I take
with me won't fit into my laptop bag.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<030620232246570925%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=40986&group=comp.mobile.android#40986

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Bluetooth keyboards
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 22:46:57 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 02:46 UTC

In article <7gtn7i1t1ihv12oo1g2m2tc9t6crj0i4hn@4ax.com>, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

> I just recently learned about bluetooth keyboards that work with phones,
> tablets, and PCs!
>
> WRT a phone, if I connect the keyboard to the phone with bluetooth, can
> I at the same time connect bluetooth headphones to the phone?

absolutely.

> I'd bet the answer is no, but they keep coming up with new things.

you'd lose that bet. keyboards and headphones use different bluetooth
profiles, which means they can co-exist.

some bluetooth keyboards can pair with more than one device, so you
could use it with a phone, tablet *and* a pc, without needing to pair
it each time.

> What are your other opinions about these qwerty keyboards?

keyboards are very subjective. try them in a store if possible to see
how they feel.

there are also folding keyboards that work well with portable devices,
such as phones and tablets.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<u5h465$sp52$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=40993&group=comp.mobile.android#40993

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 06:33:09 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 04:33 UTC

Am 04.06.23 um 04:33 schrieb micky:
> I just recently learned about bluetooth keyboards that work with phones,
> tablets, and PCs!
>
> WRT a phone, if I connect the keyboard to the phone with bluetooth, can
> I at the same time connect bluetooth headphones to the phone?
>
> I'd bet the answer is no, but they keep coming up with new things.

You can hook almost as many devices to your PC/phone as you wish via BT
simultaneously. At the moment I use four devices on my Mac mini.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<u5hao2$2ccf5$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=40994&group=comp.mobile.android#40994

From: not.my.r...@email.address (Auric__)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 06:25:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Auric__ - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 06:25 UTC

micky wrote:

> What are your other opinions about these qwerty keyboards?

My opinion is bluetooth is unnecessary overhead. Why not just mirror the
phone so you can use the PC keyboard and mouse to type on your phone?
--
We'll give them question marks.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<p3co7idq3j9o96qd5jrsmqg6pm9oie129d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=40995&group=comp.mobile.android#40995

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 02:45:25 -0400
 by: micky - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 06:45 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 4 Jun 2023 06:25:07 -0000 (UTC), Auric__
<not.my.real@email.address> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>
>> What are your other opinions about these qwerty keyboards?
>
>My opinion is bluetooth is unnecessary overhead. Why not just mirror the
>phone so you can use the PC keyboard and mouse to type on your phone?

I don't know what mirror the phone means.

Also, if I'm in my car or at some destination during the day, or taking
a short trip, I won't have my PC or laptop with me. Even the laptop is
too heavy and bulky to carry on the off chance I might use it. (Plus I
don't want to endanger it. The car could be broken into, stolen
completely, or in an accident followed by a fire. This is not just
theoretical. I've had that twice when I lost most of what was in the
trunk, and several other times when I lost one or more things.)

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<040620231012380655%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41003&group=comp.mobile.android#41003

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 10:12:38 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 14:12 UTC

In article <u5hao2$2ccf5$1@news.mixmin.net>, Auric__
<not.my.real@email.address> wrote:

> My opinion is bluetooth is unnecessary overhead. Why not just mirror the
> phone so you can use the PC keyboard and mouse to type on your phone?

carrying a pc, keyboard, mouse and display is a lot more overhead than
simply carrying a bluetooth keyboard, especially a folding one.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<1ecp7ipchp7deajo9pbrhcepoar80li14h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41007&group=comp.mobile.android#41007

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 11:46:18 -0400
 by: micky - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 15:46 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 4 Jun 2023 06:33:09 +0200, Joerg Lorenz
<hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

>Am 04.06.23 um 04:33 schrieb micky:
>> I just recently learned about bluetooth keyboards that work with phones,
>> tablets, and PCs!
>>
>> WRT a phone, if I connect the keyboard to the phone with bluetooth, can
>> I at the same time connect bluetooth headphones to the phone?
>>
>> I'd bet the answer is no, but they keep coming up with new things.
>
>You can hook almost as many devices to your PC/phone as you wish via BT
>simultaneously. At the moment I use four devices on my Mac mini.

Amazing!

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<2bcp7ihd6j0b12hpup54jp2tbc9bv292b9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41008&group=comp.mobile.android#41008

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 11:46:43 -0400
 by: micky - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 15:46 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 03 Jun 2023 22:46:57 -0400, nospam
<nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>In article <7gtn7i1t1ihv12oo1g2m2tc9t6crj0i4hn@4ax.com>, micky
><NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>
>> I just recently learned about bluetooth keyboards that work with phones,
>> tablets, and PCs!
>>
>> WRT a phone, if I connect the keyboard to the phone with bluetooth, can
>> I at the same time connect bluetooth headphones to the phone?
>
>absolutely.

Wow. Those people are clever.

>> I'd bet the answer is no, but they keep coming up with new things.
>
>you'd lose that bet. keyboards and headphones use different bluetooth
>profiles, which means they can co-exist.

Cool.

>some bluetooth keyboards can pair with more than one device, so you
>could use it with a phone, tablet *and* a pc, without needing to pair
>it each time.

Good.

>> What are your other opinions about these qwerty keyboards?
>
>keyboards are very subjective. try them in a store if possible to see
>how they feel.
>
>there are also folding keyboards that work well with portable devices,
>such as phones and tablets.

I'll check.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<u5ipb1$2kmtn$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41020&group=comp.mobile.android#41020

From: not.my.r...@email.address (Auric__)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 19:40:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Auric__ - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 19:40 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> My opinion is bluetooth is unnecessary overhead. Why not just mirror the
>> phone so you can use the PC keyboard and mouse to type on your phone?
>
> carrying a pc, keyboard, mouse and display is a lot more overhead than
> simply carrying a bluetooth keyboard, especially a folding one.

The original post mentioned traveling with a laptop which has the keyboard.

I wouldn't bring a laptop just for its keyboard though, but if you already
have the laptop & mouse (presumably on a desk and not being used in a car),
then displaying the phone while using the mouse & keyboard is easy to do.
--
It's the end. But the moment has been prepared for.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<040620231549182681%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41021&group=comp.mobile.android#41021

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 15:49:18 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 19:49 UTC

In article <u5ipb1$2kmtn$1@news.mixmin.net>, Auric__
<not.my.real@email.address> wrote:

> >> My opinion is bluetooth is unnecessary overhead. Why not just mirror the
> >> phone so you can use the PC keyboard and mouse to type on your phone?
> >
> > carrying a pc, keyboard, mouse and display is a lot more overhead than
> > simply carrying a bluetooth keyboard, especially a folding one.
>
> The original post mentioned traveling with a laptop which has the keyboard.
>
> I wouldn't bring a laptop just for its keyboard though, but if you already
> have the laptop & mouse (presumably on a desk and not being used in a car),
> then displaying the phone while using the mouse & keyboard is easy to do.

it's much easier to use a bluetooth keyboard, plus the battery will
last for months, not hours. a folding keyboard can fit in a pocket,
with the phone.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<vdtp7i1nf21in0k7fsmkr16t6opeq38b77@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41022&group=comp.mobile.android#41022

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 16:42:40 -0400
 by: micky - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 20:42 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 4 Jun 2023 19:40:18 -0000 (UTC), Auric__
<not.my.real@email.address> wrote:

>nospam wrote:
>
>>> My opinion is bluetooth is unnecessary overhead. Why not just mirror the
>>> phone so you can use the PC keyboard and mouse to type on your phone?
>>
>> carrying a pc, keyboard, mouse and display is a lot more overhead than
>> simply carrying a bluetooth keyboard, especially a folding one.
>
>The original post mentioned traveling with a laptop which has the keyboard.
>
>I wouldn't bring a laptop just for its keyboard though, but if you already
>have the laptop & mouse (presumably on a desk and not being used in a car),

As an aside, I lived in my rentacar last feb and march (2022). I first
slept in the passenger seat, but it was too much trouble moving
everything off that seat and then back the next day, so I learned to
ignore the steering wheel, park facing uphill a little big and sleep
reclining a little. I kept the laptop on the passenger seat, resting on
some rolled up clothing to make it level, plugged into the cigarette
lighter with the appropriate car charger, and a usb keyboard in my lap
and usb mouse on my thigh. At night, I'd spend an hour or two
answering my email and planning my sightseeing for the next day, and the
next morning I'd check my email again.

Sometimes I used it in the middle of the day. When I left the car, I
used to put it in the "trunk" but things seemed okay so I just covered
it with jacket most of the time.

I didnt' do any damage to the car.

>then displaying the phone while using the mouse & keyboard is easy to do.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<XnsB019AD15BC5B8lonelydad58.gmail.co@85.12.62.251>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41031&group=comp.mobile.android#41031

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 22:00:53 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 22:00 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote in

> I just recently learned about bluetooth keyboards that work with phones,
> tablets, and PCs!
>
> What are your other opinions about these qwerty keyboards?

I love the IClever BK-10 full size keyboard. I have used it with b0th my
Galaxy Tab SS6 Lite and my Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit.

I also bought a Fintie case and keyboard for my tablet. It's harder touch
typing on the smaller heyboard, but it beats using the on-screen keyboard
all to heck!

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<mm8q7iduueccn9cers1kmq5kltsi1b8kv3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41032&group=comp.mobile.android#41032

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 19:49:34 -0400
 by: micky - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 23:49 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 04 Jun 2023 22:00:53 GMT, MajorLanGod
<lonelydad58@gmail.com> wrote:

>micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote in
>
>> I just recently learned about bluetooth keyboards that work with phones,
>> tablets, and PCs!
>>
>> What are your other opinions about these qwerty keyboards?
>>
>I love the IClever BK-10 full size keyboard. I have used it with b0th my
>Galaxy Tab SS6 Lite and my Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit.

I'll check it out. Maybe it will make me clever.

>I also bought a Fintie case and keyboard for my tablet. It's harder touch
>typing on the smaller heyboard, but it beats using the on-screen keyboard
>all to heck!

Two days ago, I th ought either you bought a tablet that came with a
keyboard or you had to use the on-screen keyboard.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<XrafM.718792$5S78.605564@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41034&group=comp.mobile.android#41034

From: der...@decker.net (Derek J Decker)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 00:59:35 GMT
 by: Derek J Decker - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 00:59 UTC

On Sat, 03 Jun 2023 22:33:21 -0400, micky wrote:

<snip>

> What are your other opinions about these qwerty keyboards?
>
> Like Logitech K480 for example or many others
>
> They seem like a good idea.

My favorite Bluetooth keyboard is my Motorola KZ450, long since
discontinued. It works with my phones, tablets, and PCs, can be paired
with multiple devices, the keyboard cover folds into a phone/tablet
stand, and best of all, it has a pointing device in the middle of the
keyboard.

Now this is a compact keyboard rather than a full sized one, so I have to
do without stuff like numeric keypads.

Are there currently produced Bluetooth keyboards with built-in pointing
devices?

<snip>

-Derek

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<XnsB01A93FC19E2Alonelydad58.gmail.co@85.12.62.225>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41049&group=comp.mobile.android#41049

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 19:32:50 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:32 UTC

> In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 04 Jun 2023 22:00:53 GMT, MajorLanGod
> <lonelydad58@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote in
>>
>>> I just recently learned about bluetooth keyboards that work with
>>> phones, tablets, and PCs!
>>>

> Two days ago, I th ought either you bought a tablet that came with a
> keyboard or you had to use the on-screen keyboar

What is really nice is using an external ekyboard wit my phone. I've got a
small fold-out tripod to hold the phone, link the keyboard, and type away.

Re: Bluetooth keyboards

<ajms7il1501usu9lcadr92ob713pg73r2e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41054&group=comp.mobile.android#41054

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 18:02:37 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:02 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 05 Jun 2023 00:59:35 GMT, Derek J Decker
<derek@decker.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Jun 2023 22:33:21 -0400, micky wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> What are your other opinions about these qwerty keyboards?
>>
>> Like Logitech K480 for example or many others
>>
>> They seem like a good idea.
>>

>My favorite Bluetooth keyboard is my Motorola KZ450, long since
>discontinued. It works with my phones, tablets, and PCs, can be paired
>with multiple devices, the keyboard cover folds into a phone/tablet
>stand, and best of all, it has a pointing device in the middle of the
>keyboard.
>
>Now this is a compact keyboard rather than a full sized one, so I have to
>do without stuff like numeric keypads.

Well, even on the full size keyboard, I often use the numbers above the
letters. I never know whether to have NumLock on or off. Plus the
numberic keypad is upside down, because of the Soviet Communist moles
who infiltrated IBM and got it to use an upside down keyboard, compared
to touch-tone phones, in order to weaken the US in the Cold War.
Fortunately, their efforts were insufficient.

>Are there currently produced Bluetooth keyboards with built-in pointing
>devices?

There is some mini keyboard with a pointer, but it tyurns out it's a
laser pointer that shines an actual light on the wall where one is
projecting his slide show.