From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: How can I stop the ringtone going to default?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 21:56:11 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Wed, 12 Jul 2023 20:56 UTC

I have a Bison phone that runs Android 11. The ringtone keeps
reverting to the default which I hate (and don't recognise as a phone
ringing). Is there any way I can lock the ringtone I want?

I don't know what makes it revert to the default, it's not simply a
power down and restart, I just tried that. I'm definitely not doing a
reset but I still keep losing my preferred ringtone.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: How can I stop the ringtone going to default?

<u8o4aj$2e14t$4@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42750&group=comp.mobile.android#42750

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How can I stop the ringtone going to default?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 08:07:15 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 06:07 UTC

Am 12.07.23 um 22:56 schrieb Chris Green:
> I have a Bison phone that runs Android 11. The ringtone keeps
> reverting to the default which I hate (and don't recognise as a phone
> ringing). Is there any way I can lock the ringtone I want?
>
> I don't know what makes it revert to the default, it's not simply a
> power down and restart, I just tried that. I'm definitely not doing a
> reset but I still keep losing my preferred ringtone.

Do you save to "always" and not "only this time"?

--
Prudentia potentia est

Re: How can I stop the ringtone going to default?

<5ik4oj-efmg1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42757&group=comp.mobile.android#42757

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 08:09:25 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 07:09 UTC

Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Am 12.07.23 um 22:56 schrieb Chris Green:
> > I have a Bison phone that runs Android 11. The ringtone keeps
> > reverting to the default which I hate (and don't recognise as a phone
> > ringing). Is there any way I can lock the ringtone I want?
> >
> > I don't know what makes it revert to the default, it's not simply a
> > power down and restart, I just tried that. I'm definitely not doing a
> > reset but I still keep losing my preferred ringtone.
>
> Do you save to "always" and not "only this time"?

I don't save to anywhere, I've never seen a 'save' when I change a
setting, it just changes.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: How can I stop the ringtone going to default?

<u8oeoc$3jvmj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42761&group=comp.mobile.android#42761

From: ed...@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 10:04:55 +0100
 by: Ed Cryer - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 09:04 UTC

Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 12.07.23 um 22:56 schrieb Chris Green:
>> I have a Bison phone that runs Android 11. The ringtone keeps
>> reverting to the default which I hate (and don't recognise as a phone
>> ringing). Is there any way I can lock the ringtone I want?
>>
>> I don't know what makes it revert to the default, it's not simply a
>> power down and restart, I just tried that. I'm definitely not doing a
>> reset but I still keep losing my preferred ringtone.
>
> Do you save to "always" and not "only this time"?

I have several phones and none of them requires a "save". I'd guess at
some third-party app involved. Huawei are particularly liable to have
squeezed in something obnoxious.

Ed

--

Scientia est potentia

Re: How can I stop the ringtone going to default?

<u8of8m$2gn1a$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42763&group=comp.mobile.android#42763

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 11:13:58 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 09:13 UTC

Am 13.07.23 um 11:04 schrieb Ed Cryer:
> Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>> Am 12.07.23 um 22:56 schrieb Chris Green:
>>> I have a Bison phone that runs Android 11. The ringtone keeps
>>> reverting to the default which I hate (and don't recognise as a phone
>>> ringing). Is there any way I can lock the ringtone I want?
>>>
>>> I don't know what makes it revert to the default, it's not simply a
>>> power down and restart, I just tried that. I'm definitely not doing a
>>> reset but I still keep losing my preferred ringtone.
>>
>> Do you save to "always" and not "only this time"?
>>

> I have several phones and none of them requires a "save". I'd guess at
> some third-party app involved. Huawei are particularly liable to have
> squeezed in something obnoxious.

It is a Pixel 7 with the original starter. I can chose between "Sounds"
and a file manager. The reason is probably years back.

--
Prudentia potentia est

computers / comp.mobile.android / How can I stop the ringtone going to default?