Your mode of life will be changed to EBCDIC.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?

SubjectAuthor
* Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?Chris Green
+* Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?Falafel Balls
|`* Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?Chris Green
| `- Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?Falafel Balls
`* Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?Andy Burns
 `- Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?Chris Green

1
Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?

<f7f7oj-vh5m1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42786&group=comp.mobile.android#42786

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 09:56:47 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 08:56 UTC

Whenever I 'open' my phone I get the same old notifications that I
don't want to know about:-

Google Play Services
Your data isn't backed up.....

Nfc Service
NFC
Touch to view setting details

Is there any way to prevent these appearing every time I turn on?

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?

<u8rutp$12u4$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42791&group=comp.mobile.android#42791

From: YoussefG...@etisalat.eg (Falafel Balls)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 20:00:19 +0300
 by: Falafel Balls - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 17:00 UTC

Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote

> Whenever I 'open' my phone I get the same old notifications that I
> don't want to know about:-
>
> Google Play Services
> Your data isn't backed up.....
>
> Nfc Service
> NFC
> Touch to view setting details
>
> Is there any way to prevent these appearing every time I turn on?

The simplest answer is "yes, of course there is", as I don't ever get them
simply because I have NFC turned off and Google Play Services disabled.

But that's not what you wanted to hear.

While I strongly suspect you can turn ANY NOTIFICATION off by messing with
your notification settings, what happens when you "touch" to view settings?

Is there an option when you touch there that can make them go away?

Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?

<khdgroFsrcsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42794&group=comp.mobile.android#42794

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:01:28 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 18:01 UTC

On 14/07/2023 09:56, Chris Green wrote:

> Whenever I 'open' my phone I get the same old notifications that I
> don't want to know about:-
>
> Google Play Services
> Your data isn't backed up.....
>
> Nfc Service
> NFC
> Touch to view setting details
>
> Is there any way to prevent these appearing every time I turn on?

Under Settings > Apps > WhicheverApp > Notifications

You should be able to disable one or more types of notification

Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?

<4nl8oj-ivgo1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42804&group=comp.mobile.android#42804

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 20:53:40 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:53 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
> On 14/07/2023 09:56, Chris Green wrote:
>
> > Whenever I 'open' my phone I get the same old notifications that I
> > don't want to know about:-
> >
> > Google Play Services
> > Your data isn't backed up.....
> >
> > Nfc Service
> > NFC
> > Touch to view setting details
> >
> > Is there any way to prevent these appearing every time I turn on?
>
> Under Settings > Apps > WhicheverApp > Notifications
>
> You should be able to disable one or more types of notification

Ah, yes, thank you.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?

<4jl8oj-ivgo1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42805&group=comp.mobile.android#42805

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 20:51:32 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:51 UTC

Falafel Balls <YoussefGamalNOSPAM@etisalat.eg> wrote:
> Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote
>
> > Whenever I 'open' my phone I get the same old notifications that I
> > don't want to know about:-
> >
> > Google Play Services
> > Your data isn't backed up.....
> >
> > Nfc Service
> > NFC
> > Touch to view setting details
> >
> > Is there any way to prevent these appearing every time I turn on?
>
> The simplest answer is "yes, of course there is", as I don't ever get them
> simply because I have NFC turned off and Google Play Services disabled.

I certainly want to disable Google Play Services, how do I do that?

> But that's not what you wanted to hear.

Yes it is! :-)

> While I strongly suspect you can turn ANY NOTIFICATION off by messing with
> your notification settings, what happens when you "touch" to view settings?

When I touch what?

> Is there an option when you touch there that can make them go away?

When I touch the NFC notification is says "These notifications can't
be modified".

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?

<u8sf7b$1odj$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=42812&group=comp.mobile.android#42812

From: YoussefG...@etisalat.eg (Falafel Balls)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 00:38:30 +0300
 by: Falafel Balls - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 21:38 UTC

On 14/7/2023, Chris Green wrote:

>> The simplest answer is "yes, of course there is", as I don't ever get them
>> simply because I have NFC turned off and Google Play Services disabled.
>>
> I certainly want to disable Google Play Services, how do I do that?

Assuming you're not rooted (most people aren't), all you do is find it,
force stop it, and then force disable it from the Android settings.

I do it from my app manager but you can do it from adb also if you like.
The app manager finds everything even if the app drawer doesn't show it.

So does adb show everything that is on the phone even if you can't see it.

Find it.
adb shell pm list packages | findstr com.google.android.gms

Stop it.
adb shell am force-stop com.google.android.gms

Disable it.
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.google.android.gms

Remove it.
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gms

All that works with or without a PC and with or without root.

This is covered many times in this newsgroup, so just look it up if you
need more data as there's no sense repeating it a thousand more times.
http://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android (search from there)

Also, since everyone disables Google Play Services, it's all over the net.
https://www.google.com/search?q=disable+google+play+services

Here's just the first hit but there are plenty of other similar hits.
https://www.imobie.com/support/uninstall-google-play-services.htm

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Is there any way to stop Google notifications at turn on?