From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Downloaded Apps had to be set.
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 03:05:23 -0400
 by: micky - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 07:05 UTC

Downloaded Apps had to be set. To get Wakey to work, one of its
components had to turned on. The page referred me to Downloaded Apps,
which had about 5 apps. One was Tell which app is in focus, or
something like that.

But another was AVG. I already dl'd and installed AVG. But it said
Off. Aha, I have to run it to really install it. Should I do that?

I don't remember the other 3 and I don't know how to get back there.
It's not an entry in Settings in this Xiaomi phone.

Re: Downloaded Apps had to be set.

<uaj22i$1nh39$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43629&group=comp.mobile.android#43629

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Downloaded Apps had to be set.
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 10:31:32 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 14:31 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote

> But another was AVG. I already dl'd and installed AVG. But it said
> Off. Aha, I have to run it to really install it. Should I do that?

Just as with Windows, there's common consensus that an AV program is no
longer needed because, as with Android, by default malware scans run daily.

And, that default Android malware scan is run on _every_ app installation.

If you, or anyone else, can come up with a logical defense of a third-party
AV over what is already run on every Android phone today, please explain.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Downloaded Apps had to be set.