From: new...@mystrobl.de (Wolfgang Strobl)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: http://www.johnforester.com is expired :-(
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 21:34:28 +0200
 by: Wolfgang Strobl - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 19:34 UTC

I just noticed that John Foresters domain expired between June 22 and
September 21.
Some domain grabber now uses his domain for advertising "Cross-country
Bikes", "Dental Plans" and "Cheap Cycling Gear".

The wayback machine seems to have most of the original stuff, but that's
awkward.

Compare

<https://web.archive.org/web/20210622223231/http://www.johnforester.com/>

<https://web.archive.org/web/20210921011852/http://www.johnforester.com/>

--
Wir danken für die Beachtung aller Sicherheitsbestimmungen

Re: http://www.johnforester.com is expired :-(

<2830525c-63b0-4071-b0a8-cb12d5e105d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43717&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43717

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 13:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: http://www.johnforester.com is expired :-(
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 20:40 UTC

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 12:35:41 PM UTC-7, Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
> I just noticed that John Foresters domain expired between June 22 and
> September 21.
>
> Some domain grabber now uses his domain for advertising "Cross-country
> Bikes", "Dental Plans" and "Cheap Cycling Gear".
>
> The wayback machine seems to have most of the original stuff, but that's
> awkward.
>
> Compare
>
> <https://web.archive.org/web/20210622223231/http://www.johnforester.com/>

> <https://web.archive.org/web/20210921011852/http://www.johnforester.com/>

For good or for bad, I found John a very nice man but rather boring in his attempt to think that it was bicyclists' against the world. I find it interesting that those left behind when I finally move on to the next existence will speak of ME in glowing terms after people like FuzzyWuzzy and Rusty brains move on as well.

One of the things that John built into the cyclists mental states, including mine, is the idea that drivers do what they do on purpose to irritate or endanger cyclists. When someone passes me close or goes past at twice the legal limit, I instantly get angry with them and have to stop and consider that, for instance, they actually gave me sufficient clearance even if I would have desired more or that they might have been late to work and it was of no harm to me. For the most part I find drivers to be if anything too polite - waving me through intersections where I am attempting to give them their legal right-of-way.

Re: http://www.johnforester.com is expired :-(

<sk5drg$6r5$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43767&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43767

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 21:47:29 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 01:47 UTC

On 10/12/2021 3:34 PM, Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
> I just noticed that John Foresters domain expired between June 22 and
> September 21.
>
> Some domain grabber now uses his domain for advertising "Cross-country
> Bikes", "Dental Plans" and "Cheap Cycling Gear".
>
> The wayback machine seems to have most of the original stuff, but that's
> awkward.
>
> Compare
>
> <https://web.archive.org/web/20210622223231/http://www.johnforester.com/>

> <https://web.archive.org/web/20210921011852/http://www.johnforester.com/>

That's a shame. I'd heard a rumor that some people were going to keep it
going, sort of similar to what John Allen and Harriet Fell are doing
with Sheldon Brown's site. Maybe that plan fell through.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: http://www.johnforester.com is expired :-(

<e01689e4-db76-4e18-a529-08b603cd5b3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43878&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43878

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 07:02:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: retroguy...@gmail.com (William Crowell)
 by: William Crowell - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 14:02 UTC

Pinging Jeff Liebermann!

I'm still keeping the url "hamjamming.com", just in case I might ever need it. (Although it doesn't look like I ever will, does it? hi, hi!). Also, with places in the cloud like dropbox.com and google cloud, I don't think I really need a website because I just want to upload audio files and send people the links by email.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: http://www.johnforester.com is expired :-(