The more they over-think the plumbing the easier it is to stop up the drain.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Masks

SubjectAuthor
* MasksTom Kunich
+* Re: MasksFrank Krygowski
|+- Re: MasksTom Kunich
|`- Re: Masksfunkma...@hotmail.com
`* Re: MasksJohn B.
 +* Re: Masksrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 |+- Re: MasksJohn B.
 |`* Re: MasksTom Kunich
 | +* Re: MasksAMuzi
 | |`* Re: MasksTom Kunich
 | | +* Re: MasksAMuzi
 | | |`- Re: MasksTom Kunich
 | | +* Re: Masksjbeattie
 | | |`* Re: MasksTom Kunich
 | | | `* Re: Masksjbeattie
 | | |  +* Re: MasksTom Kunich
 | | |  |`* Re: Masksjbeattie
 | | |  | `* Re: MasksTom Kunich
 | | |  |  `* Re: Masksjbeattie
 | | |  |   +- Re: MasksFrank Krygowski
 | | |  |   `- Re: MasksTom Kunich
 | | |  `- Re: Masksfunkma...@hotmail.com
 | | `- Re: MasksJohn B.
 | `* Re: MasksJohn B.
 |  `- Re: MasksTom Kunich
 `* Re: MasksNews 2021
  `* Re: MasksTom Kunich
   +* Re: MasksNews 2021
   |`* Re: MasksTom Kunich
   | +* Re: MasksNews 2021
   | |`* Re: MasksTom Kunich
   | | `- Re: MasksNews 2021
   | `* Re: Masksrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
   |  `* Re: MasksTom Kunich
   |   `- Re: MasksJohn B.
   `* Re: MasksJohn B.
    +* Re: Masksrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
    |`* Re: MasksJohn B.
    | `- Re: Masksrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
    `* Re: MasksJoy Beeson
     `- Re: MasksTom Kunich

Pages:12
Re: Masks

<5fbcmglutq5uimr6msufpd81njcjn4i0a9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43759&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43759

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Masks
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:58:41 +0700
 by: John B. - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 00:58 UTC

On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 08:52:53 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 11:45:58 PM UTC-7, News 2021 wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 08:13:59 +0700, John B. scribed:

>> > Gee Tommy, China exported some $451.7 billion worth of goods to the U.S.
>> > in 2019 and expects exports to be 20% higher in 2021. Do you really
>> > believe that China wants to destroy the U.S. economy and lose all that
>> > business?
>> Gee, how can you expect silly little tommy to understand that when he can
>> not, as he repeatedly tells us, sell his second hand bicycles on
>> Craigslist?

>You and John really should get together, I can tell two queers wanting to be lovers from a mile away. Tell us all - what do you know about Soy Bean Farmers? Did it for one second ever cross your mind that if you actually KNEW about these things that you would know that there were 100 US markets for them to exploit instead of assisting China grow stronger? Tell us what you know about Soy Bean Oil? Tell us what you know about plastics derived from Soy Bean solids?

Soybean farmers? Well one of my wife's younger brothers has what
appear to be a square kilometer, or so of soy beans. Perhaps I could
ask him. And my wife buys soy bean oil to cook with so I'll ask her
too.

But more to the point, when China raised the import duty on soybean
products the U.S. farmers started bitching and did so, so loudly that
the U.S. government gave then something like twelve million dollars.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Masks

<6vbcmgtv8mo2o7cd22lffo3u59ka3dnlmh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43761&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43761

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 08:06:57 +0700
 by: John B. - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 01:06 UTC

On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 12:26:27 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 9:06:44 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

>> > Russy, I see that your economics education is showing its non-existence again when you think that China and/or Japan owning US government bonds is "holding American debt".
>> >
>> If words matter, a 'bondholder' 'holds the debt'.
>> It's tautological.
>
>Treasury bonds are an interest paying INVESTMENT. You are not "holding the debt". You are making an investment. "When you buy a government bond, you lend the government an agreed amount of money for an agreed period of time. In return, the government will pay you back a set level of interest at regular periods, known as the coupon. This makes bonds a fixed-income asset."

Tommy, we can ask Jay for the legal definition but the bonds I've
bought were actually a document stating that I had loaned XYZ company
a sum of money and that in return they agreed to pay me a certain
amount of money on a time basis for the use of my money".

And yes, it could be called an "investment" but essentially it was a
loan agreement saying that they owed me X amount of money.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Masks

<sk5dic$6r5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43766&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43766

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 21:42:37 -0400
<30e92789-6ce4-4dee-b7db-68c5343d0a5fn@googlegroups.com>
<72f09fe5-1cae-4c75-9ee5-33816fb3d459n@googlegroups.com>
<3dde9626-a23d-4331-8577-0dba9b86b20bn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 01:42 UTC

On 10/12/2021 8:53 PM, jbeattie wrote:

I'll just note that Tom claims to have lost a lot of money in the Obama
era stock market.

I very much doubt that's really true; but if it were, we're getting
clues why.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Masks

<sk5vri$bal$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43782&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43782

From: new...@woa.com.au (News 2021)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 06:54:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: News 2021 - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 06:54 UTC

On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 17:36:38 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

> On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 5:29:57 PM UTC-7, News 2021 wrote:

>> > You and John really should get together, I can tell two queers
>> > wanting to be lovers from a mile away. Tell us all - what do you know
>> > about Soy Bean Farmers? Did it for one second ever cross your mind
>> > that if you actually KNEW about these things that you would know that
>> > there were 100 US markets for them to exploit instead of assisting
>> > China grow stronger?
>> > Tell us what you know about Soy Bean Oil? Tell us what you know about
>> > plastics derived from Soy Bean solids?
>> >
>> > I can hardly wait for you to demonstrate yet more of your ignorance
>> > of the world around you.
>> Well, I'm really surprised that you haven't used your great knowledge
>> about soy beans to help US farmers in these matters. This would help
>> your government from having to prop up sale to the chinese pig market.
>>
>> Are you expecting points for your usual insult, divert and irrelevant
>> reply.
>>
>> P.S what level of report are you prepared to pay for? I didn't retire
>> 17 years early by giving this sort of information away.
> You haven't answered my question

I'm following your lead.

> What soy bean farmers do you know?

The usual soy bean farmers.

> Or are you taking the reporting of the Lame Stream Media
> anti-Trumpers for
> granted because that is what you wish to believe?

Rural Press, but I think it is a Murdoch publication.

Re: Masks

<6474d3c8-6728-4c38-bfc7-27f432e95456n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43805&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43805

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 14:30 UTC

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 5:52:35 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 08:46:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> John, don't you know that Tommy is smart? He knows that China and Japan too, both hold over 1 TRILLION of USA federal government debt. Tommy knows that China wants the USA to DEFAULT on the 1 TRILLION of its debt held by China. Tommy knows China wants to go bankrupt when they do not get any interest or repayment of the 1 TRILLION debt. Tommy knows everything about business. He knows its best to loan/give 1 TRILLION money and get zero in return. Smart Tommy.
> >>
> >> https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets-economy/090616/5-countries-own-most-us-debt.asp
> >Russy, I see that your economics education is showing its non-existence again when you think that China and/or Japan owning US government bonds is "holding American debt".
> "owning US government bonds is "holding American debt"???
>
> Tommy, a "bond" is defined as "a fixed income instrument that
> represents a loan made by an investor to a borrower (typically
> corporate or governmental)"
>
> So, what do you thing holding a U.S. Bond means?
>
> As an aside, I really think you should see your doctor as your
> delusions are getting worse and worse.

Johnny, if you had a tight hold on your mental facilities you would know that you are taking my side against the claims of Jay. I find this as not a surprise since you don't have to actually know anything - you just feel the need to argue.

Re: Masks

<1b13b0e2-9ed8-4c4f-b682-73ae956e5c23n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43806&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43806

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:32:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 14:32 UTC

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Masks

<4d06b132-bc02-4eca-8faf-d4de6b9eb07cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43808&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43808

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:34:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 14:34 UTC

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 11:54:44 PM UTC-7, News 2021 wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 17:36:38 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:
> > On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 5:29:57 PM UTC-7, News 2021 wrote:
> >> On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 08:52:53 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

> >> Well, I'm really surprised that you haven't used your great knowledge
> >> about soy beans to help US farmers in these matters. This would help
> >> your government from having to prop up sale to the chinese pig market.
> >>
> >> Are you expecting points for your usual insult, divert and irrelevant
> >> reply.
> >>
> >> P.S what level of report are you prepared to pay for? I didn't retire
> >> 17 years early by giving this sort of information away.
> > You haven't answered my question
> I'm following your lead.
> > What soy bean farmers do you know?
> The usual soy bean farmers.
> > Or are you taking the reporting of the Lame Stream Media
> > anti-Trumpers for
> > granted because that is what you wish to believe?
> Rural Press, but I think it is a Murdoch publication.

i love it when you show that you know nothing about a subject but will argue it anyway. The fool's word is always present.

Re: Masks

<sk7q1s$kir$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43843&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43843

From: new...@woa.com.au (News 2021)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 23:27:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: News 2021 - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 23:27 UTC

On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:34:13 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

> On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 11:54:44 PM UTC-7, News 2021 wrote:

>> > You haven't answered my question
>> I'm following your lead.
>> > What soy bean farmers do you know?
>> The usual soy bean farmers.
>> > Or are you taking the reporting of the Lame Stream Media
>> > anti-Trumpers for granted because that is what you wish to believe?
>> Rural Press, but I think it is a Murdoch publication.
>

> i love it when you show that you know nothing about a subject but will
> argue it anyway. The fool's word is always present.

Yawn, cheapskate. You could have had a comprehensive report on it.

Re: Masks

<a2c07b55-3862-4452-8bf9-ffae272802fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43847&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43847

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 16:39:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 23:39 UTC

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 7:36:40 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 5:29:57 PM UTC-7, News 2021 wrote:

> > > You and John really should get together, I can tell two queers wanting
> > > to be lovers from a mile away. Tell us all - what do you know about Soy
> > > Bean Farmers? Did it for one second ever cross your mind that if you
> > > actually KNEW about these things that you would know that there were 100
> > > US markets for them to exploit instead of assisting China grow stronger?
> > > Tell us what you know about Soy Bean Oil? Tell us what you know about
> > > plastics derived from Soy Bean solids?
> > >
> > > I can hardly wait for you to demonstrate yet more of your ignorance of
> > > the world around you.
> > Well, I'm really surprised that you haven't used your great knowledge
> > about soy beans to help US farmers in these matters. This would help your
> > government from having to prop up sale to the chinese pig market.
> >
> > Are you expecting points for your usual insult, divert and irrelevant
> > reply.
> >
> > P.S what level of report are you prepared to pay for? I didn't retire 17
> > years early by giving this sort of information away.
> You haven't answered my question: What soy bean farmers do you know? Or are you taking the reporting of the Lame Stream Media anti-Trumpers for granted because that is what you wish to believe?

My Mom owns land that has soybeans planted on it right now. My brother was planting soybeans a few months ago on some of the land. Some of my Mom's land is rented out, share cropped, to other farmers who plant soybeans on the land. My Mom also has land with field corn on it too.

Re: Masks

<cf503628-accb-4a87-9377-a8f719c9da41n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43850&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43850

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 17:01:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 00:01 UTC

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 7:58:49 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 08:52:53 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 11:45:58 PM UTC-7, News 2021 wrote:
> >> On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 08:13:59 +0700, John B. scribed:

> >> Gee, how can you expect silly little tommy to understand that when he can
> >> not, as he repeatedly tells us, sell his second hand bicycles on
> >> Craigslist?
>

> >You and John really should get together, I can tell two queers wanting to be lovers from a mile away. Tell us all - what do you know about Soy Bean Farmers? Did it for one second ever cross your mind that if you actually KNEW about these things that you would know that there were 100 US markets for them to exploit instead of assisting China grow stronger? Tell us what you know about Soy Bean Oil? Tell us what you know about plastics derived from Soy Bean solids?
> Soybean farmers? Well one of my wife's younger brothers has what
> appear to be a square kilometer, or so of soy beans. Perhaps I could
> ask him. And my wife buys soy bean oil to cook with so I'll ask her
> too.
>
> But more to the point, when China raised the import duty on soybean
> products the U.S. farmers started bitching and did so, so loudly that
> the U.S. government gave then something like twelve million dollars.
> --
> Cheers,
>
> John B.

"the U.S. government gave then something like twelve million dollars."
Twelve MILLION dollars? Millions are rounding errors. I'm sure you meant BILLIONS. But twelve is way too low. Trump was trying to buy more votes than that.

https://www.ewg.org/interactive-maps/2021-farm-subsidies-ballooned-under-trump/
EWG’s analysis of records from the Department of Agriculture finds that subsidy payments to farmers ballooned from just over $4 billion in 2017 to more than $20 billion in 2020 – driven largely by ad hoc programs meant to offset the effects of President Trump’s failed trade war.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/14/donald-trump-coronavirus-farmer-bailouts-359932
‘Here’s your check’: Trump’s massive payouts to farmers will be hard to pull back
The president was already spending double his predecessor to spare farmers the cost of his trade war. Now the price is reaching unsustainable levels.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2019/12/31/790261705/farmers-got-billions-from-taxpayers-in-2019-and-hardly-anyone-objected
In 2019, the federal government delivered an extraordinary financial aid package to America's farmers. Farm subsidies jumped to their highest level in 14 years, most of them paid out without any action by Congress.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/us/politics/trump-farmers-subsidies.html
Oct 12, 2020 — Federal payments to farmers are projected to hit a record $46 billion this year as the White House funnels money to Mr. Trump's rural base in ...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-24/largest-farms-share-of-subsidies-grew-under-trump-bailouts
The Trump administration’s farm bailouts steered an expanding share of subsidy payments to the nation’s biggest farms, according to an analysis by an environmental advocacy group that highlights issues of equity as the Biden administration designs potential new climate-related financial incentives for farmers.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-farmers-aid-idINKBN2741D4
U.S. President Donald Trump is assuring a bumper year for farmers as the Nov. 3 election approaches, with record government subsidies projected to make up more than a third of farm income in 2020.

https://missouriindependent.com/2021/02/26/environment-group-trumps-final-year-in-office-saw-spike-in-farm-subsidies/
President Trump’s administration spent $20 billion on farm subsidies in its last year, four times the level at the beginning of his term, the nonprofit Environmental Working Group reported Wednesday.
Much of that aid went to the largest farms, the group said.

https://fortune.com/2020/10/23/trump-debate-china-farm-subsidies-pays/
Trump claims at debate that China is paying for farm subsidies. In fact, U.S. taxpayers are footing the bill

https://www.startribune.com/government-aid-to-farmers-soars-and-they-don-t-feel-right-about-it/572927111/
But this year, farmers have received more federal money than ever: more than $40 billion.
Such assistance to farmers has risen throughout the presidency of Donald Trump, shaped mainly as compensation for sales to China farmers lost after that country retaliated in a trade war begun by the U.S. in 2018. Last year, farmers received $30 billion from the government. Trump approved more aid this year because of the pandemic, helping drive farm income to the highest level since 2013.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-farmer-bailout-legacy-trade-135241986..html
Trump's massive farmer bailout failed to make up for the 'self-inflicted' trade damage

Re: Masks

<m0uemg10crc0v9alqffo5s9qbtmbl4msjn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43857&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43857

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 07:51:35 +0700
 by: John B. - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 00:51 UTC

On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 17:01:23 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
<ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>Trump claims at debate that China is paying for farm subsidies. In fact, U.S. taxpayers are footing the bill
>
>https://www.startribune.com/government-aid-to-farmers-soars-and-they-don-t-feel-right-about-it/572927111/
>But this year, farmers have received more federal money than ever: more than $40 billion.
>Such assistance to farmers has risen throughout the presidency of Donald Trump, shaped mainly as compensation for sales to China farmers lost after that country retaliated in a trade war begun by the U.S. in 2018. Last year, farmers received $30 billion from the government. Trump approved more aid this year because of the pandemic, helping drive farm income to the highest level since 2013.
>
>https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-farmer-bailout-legacy-trade-135241986.html
>Trump's massive farmer bailout failed to make up for the 'self-inflicted' trade damage

Yes... but... (:-)

Way back, maybe in the very late 1940's my father and I visited a
fellow who was a "hunting buddy" of my father and perhaps the largest
potato farmer in the State. One of the reasons for visiting was that
the "buddy" had bought a sort of midget bulldozer, a tiny little
tracked tractor with a blade on the front and it wouldn't run and
"maybe the boy could take a look at it?" I had a bit of a reputation
for fixing mechanical things even then.

Any way, we went down to the field where the tractor was stalled and
there was this tremendous pile of potatoes. I swear, at least 100
yards of potatoes piled up. And all dyed purple.

Of course my father asked about all the purple potatoes and the potato
farmer sort of laughed and told my father that in order to maintain
the market cost of potatoes that "the government" was buying surplus
potatoes. All you had to do was pile up your surplus potatoes, spray
then with purple die and the "government man" would come by and verify
the quantity and you'd get paid.

Then, of course, you had to get rid of all those purple potatoes.

My father asked about what one does with tons of purple potatoes and
the farmer laughed and tells him that while you can't sell purple
potatoes to people that pigs will eat them so he's made a deal with
some hog farmers and it turns out that he's making more money from
purple potatoes then he ever did from "white" ones.

Oh yes, and I got the tractor running (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Masks

<d455e23a-67df-484f-9886-769ed88c0146n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43869&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43869

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 21:31:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 04:31 UTC

On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 7:51:44 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
> [...]
> yards of potatoes piled up. And all dyed purple.
>
> Of course my father asked about all the purple potatoes and the potato
> farmer sort of laughed and told my father that in order to maintain
> the market cost of potatoes that "the government" was buying surplus
> potatoes. All you had to do was pile up your surplus potatoes, spray
> then with purple die and the "government man" would come by and verify
> the quantity and you'd get paid.
>
> Then, of course, you had to get rid of all those purple potatoes.
>
> My father asked about what one does with tons of purple potatoes and
> the farmer laughed and tells him that while you can't sell purple
> potatoes to people that pigs will eat them so he's made a deal with
> some hog farmers and it turns out that he's making more money from
> purple potatoes then he ever did from "white" ones.
>
> Oh yes, and I got the tractor running (:-)

Good to hear that purple potatoes were selling for more than the unpainted potatoes. But if purple potatoes were worthless for sale, being the conniving person I am, I would have taken the purple potatoes off the top of the pile and tossed them into the field for fertilizer. And then sold all the unpainted potatoes underneath in the pile for money. You did mention "piles" of potatoes. Not a flat sheet, layer of potatoes. With a pile one could assume correctly that a whole bunch of potatoes underneath the top layer were unpainted and good as new. Sellable!

Re: Masks

<852ed913-ae19-443e-b49d-d89858a433ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43889&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43889

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 08:12:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 15:12 UTC

On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 4:39:58 PM UTC-7, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 7:36:40 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 5:29:57 PM UTC-7, News 2021 wrote:
> > > On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 08:52:53 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

> > > Well, I'm really surprised that you haven't used your great knowledge
> > > about soy beans to help US farmers in these matters. This would help your
> > > government from having to prop up sale to the chinese pig market.
> > >
> > > Are you expecting points for your usual insult, divert and irrelevant
> > > reply.
> > >
> > > P.S what level of report are you prepared to pay for? I didn't retire 17
> > > years early by giving this sort of information away.
> > You haven't answered my question: What soy bean farmers do you know? Or are you taking the reporting of the Lame Stream Media anti-Trumpers for granted because that is what you wish to believe?
> My Mom owns land that has soybeans planted on it right now. My brother was planting soybeans a few months ago on some of the land. Some of my Mom's land is rented out, share cropped, to other farmers who plant soybeans on the land. My Mom also has land with field corn on it too.
People are lining up to believe anything you say. See the line??

Re: Masks

<d4ehmgp58ns5j6u6f0qlritpckl9af81bl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43936&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43936

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 06:10:55 +0700
 by: John B. - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 23:10 UTC

On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 08:12:38 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 4:39:58 PM UTC-7, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:

>> > You haven't answered my question: What soy bean farmers do you know? Or are you taking the reporting of the Lame Stream Media anti-Trumpers for granted because that is what you wish to believe?
>> My Mom owns land that has soybeans planted on it right now. My brother was planting soybeans a few months ago on some of the land. Some of my Mom's land is rented out, share cropped, to other farmers who plant soybeans on the land. My Mom also has land with field corn on it too.
>People are lining up to believe anything you say. See the line??

Ah Tommy, how quickly you forget.

You wrote "You haven't answered my question: What soy bean farmers do
you know?"

And the guy replied that his mother farmed soybeans.

And you change the subject?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Masks

<hdqhmgtf0vj21v7b5kqjo0smb56om9qqpk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=43957&group=rec.bicycles.tech#43957

From: jbee...@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:39:16 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 02:39 UTC

On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:58:41 +0700, John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Soybean farmers?

Here in northern Indiana, we have beans to burn. I kid you not, drive
south on SR 15 (which we used to do frequently when we and my nephews
were younger) and pretty soon you come to a billboard saying "BURN THE
BEAN!" and a stretch of road that has an extra lane for semi-trucks to
line up in for the turn into the bean-burning plant.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Re: Masks

<08efabfc-e1c2-4103-8824-83e36ca09e05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=44004&group=rec.bicycles.tech#44004

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:05:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 17:05 UTC

On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 7:39:19 PM UTC-7, Joy Beeson wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:58:41 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Soybean farmers?
>
> Here in northern Indiana, we have beans to burn. I kid you not, drive
> south on SR 15 (which we used to do frequently when we and my nephews
> were younger) and pretty soon you come to a billboard saying "BURN THE
> BEAN!" and a stretch of road that has an extra lane for semi-trucks to
> line up in for the turn into the bean-burning plant.

So rather than developing a US use for the soy beans it is far easier to sell them to China and make them stronger. Soybeans are good for everything from none petroleum fuel to plastic. So burn the bean.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Masks