From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Problem with a secondary SIM card in my travel
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 10:42:50 -0400
 by: Carlos E. R. - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:42 UTC

Hi,

I bought from Amazon a prepaid SIM card from travSIM in Spain, and now
I'm in Ottawa. The card works, except the internet service fails. If I
reboot the phone I get internet for a while (varies from 2 minutes to
two hours), then it fails and says "no connection". Network provider is
T-Mobile.

And when it connects I get "H+", or some other mode I forgot. Not 4G.
This phone doesn't have 5G.

Phone is a Motorola G52.

I have contacted support. They are based in Germany, so there is a time
zone problem. But asking here for ideas.

The instructions I got on email say:

+++.................
Normally the APN settings are automatically obtained by the SIM card.

Mobile internet should be available after switching on the mobile data
if there's still no data connection available, then please check the APN
settings, also called access point settings.

(APN) Setting for Android devices

Go to Settings.
Press Connections.
Select the Mobile networks.
Then press Access Points.
Choose Add APN.
Enter as APN Name travSIM.
For APN: enter the following APN.

fast.t-mobile.com

alternative for somewhat older devices
epc.tmobile.com
All other fields can remain as they are.
Save the created APN and then select the created APN.
If it does not work immediately, please restart the device now.
This ensures that the card can dial into the mobile network correctly.
Don't forget... Switch on the mobile data and data roaming connection.

These settings apply to devices with the Android operating system. It is
possible that your device has different names for the individual items.
If necessary, please refer to the manual of the device manufacturer to
find out how to set up the Access Point Name (APN, also called "Access
Point").

For Dual SIM devices we kindly ask you to put the SIM card in slot 1
(tray 1), because the 4G, LTE Internet use with Dual SIM phones is often
only possible in SIM slot 1. With Dual SIM phones the settings are a bit
more complicated, because only one of the two SIM cards can be used for
Internet use. Please make sure that you select this accordingly.
..................++-

I did get an update package from the network provider, and I also tried
the manual settings. None works.

I tried everything the mail says.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Problem with a secondary SIM card in my travel

<ubqmh1$t0m5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44257&group=comp.mobile.android#44257

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Problem with a secondary SIM card in my travel
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 08:18:56 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 15:18 UTC

On 8/19/2023 7:42 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bought from Amazon a prepaid SIM card from travSIM in Spain, and now
> I'm in Ottawa. The card works, except the internet service fails. If I
> reboot the phone I get internet for a while (varies from 2 minutes to
> two hours), then it fails and says "no connection". Network provider is
> T-Mobile.

Odd since T-Mobile doesn't have a native network in Canada. Clearly
you're on some other network using that card but the SIM card provider
must have some agreement with T-Mobile for international roaming.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Re: Problem with a secondary SIM card in my travel

<kkce2dF8i6uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44261&group=comp.mobile.android#44261

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 13:56:28 -0400
 by: Carlos E. R. - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 17:56 UTC

On 2023-08-19 11:18, sms wrote:
> On 8/19/2023 7:42 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I bought from Amazon a prepaid SIM card from travSIM in Spain, and now
>> I'm in Ottawa. The card works, except the internet service fails. If I
>> reboot the phone I get internet for a while (varies from 2 minutes to
>> two hours), then it fails and says "no connection". Network provider
>> is T-Mobile.
>
> Odd since T-Mobile doesn't have a native network in Canada. Clearly
> you're on some other network using that card but the SIM card provider
> must have some agreement with T-Mobile for international roaming.

Indeed. Everytime I boot and connects, it warns me that roaming is
active, maybe I want to disable.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Problem with a secondary SIM card in my travel

<kknrqvF4fj8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=44391&group=comp.mobile.android#44391

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 21:58:55 -0400
 by: Carlos E. R. - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 01:58 UTC

On 2023-08-19 13:56, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-08-19 11:18, sms wrote:
>> On 8/19/2023 7:42 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I bought from Amazon a prepaid SIM card from travSIM in Spain, and
>>> now I'm in Ottawa. The card works, except the internet service fails.
>>> If I reboot the phone I get internet for a while (varies from 2
>>> minutes to two hours), then it fails and says "no connection".
>>> Network provider is T-Mobile.
>>
>> Odd since T-Mobile doesn't have a native network in Canada. Clearly
>> you're on some other network using that card but the SIM card provider
>> must have some agreement with T-Mobile for international roaming.
>
> Indeed. Everytime I boot and connects, it warns me that roaming is
> active, maybe I want to disable.

Well, it is working sine Monday about 14 hours EDT, dunno why. Somebody
did something, perhaps.

Oh, it is using Bell's network on roaming.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Problem with a secondary SIM card in my travel