Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: What just happened at the Kerch Bridge in Russia?
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 19:58:14 -0700
 by: a425couple - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 02:58 UTC

Russian Invasion of Ukraine 2022 ·
Follow
Answered by
Zachary Navakuku
4h
What just happened at the Kerch Bridge in Russia?
A ~1 kiloton warhead on an Unmanned Surface Vessel detonated directly
under the Russia-bound road bridge during a coordinated attack against
the bridge complex involving several Storm Shadow missiles and allegedly
up to four Ukrainian USVs of the Mark II variety. Superficial damage was
done to a nearby support pillar, but The blast wave was enough to lift
both lanes of the road bridge up of their supports a little bit, causing
separation at the expansion joint with enough space for them to come
back down a little bit crooked. The Ukraine bound lane is only slightly
ajar and could probably be fixed up with a quick tug with a crane, but
the Russians have already announced that the Russia bound lane is a
complete write off and that being the inside lane, will be much more
difficult for them to fix and will be construction a temporary bridge to
bypass it.

12.8K views
View 305 upvotes
View 5 sharesSubmission accepted by
Yohanan Ben Jacob
1 of 2 answers
16 comments from
Geoffrey Choy
and more

Geoffrey Choy
· 4h
1000 kg is more like it. 1 kiloton is a tactical nuclear bomb size.
Would have really knocked that bridge down, maybe a 1/2 a km destruction
if only Ukrainians had that bomb load.

Profile photo for Avery Goodman
Avery Goodman
· 1h
Someday

Profile photo for Mirek Fidler
Mirek Fidler
· 4h
1000 tons of TNT? That must have been some big surface vessel…. (50m in
length at minimum). Unless it was nuclear. But that would be known by now.

I mean, do not throw around numbers and units that you do not understand
perhaps?

Profile photo for Audie Chason
Audie Chason
· 4h
Probably a typo or misunderstanding of the term. He may have confused it
with pounds. The specs for the naval strike drone that allegedly caused
the explosions is 500kg (or 1 kilopounds) of high-energy explosives.

(This source has 'poster' for Two UKR naval strike drones)

Profile photo for Lindz
Lindz
· 2h
I read somewhere else that it was 1000 pounds not tons

Profile photo for Glenn Wilmes
Glenn Wilmes
· 3h
Now, hit that motherfucker again.

Profile photo for Keith Parker
Keith Parker
· 3h
Twice… just to be sure!

Profile photo for Glenn Wilmes
Profile photo for Eddie Garcia
Eddie Garcia
· 4h
Too bad Ukraine did not get the railway as well. Oh well try, try, try
again.

Profile photo for Aaron
Aaron
· 3h
Which is what they actually need to hit.

Russia has proven their logistics are so shitty they could never hope to
keep Crimea supplied without trains.

Profile photo for Jay Stepien
Jay Stepien
· 3h
With a bit of luck, it will go off while that Uber driver-Pootin just
happens to drive above it.

Profile photo for Taras Dawydko
Taras Dawydko
· 1h
Why bother building a bypass🤷

It will be de constructed shortly 💥💥💥

🇺🇦🇦🇺🙋✌️

Profile photo for Tom Gunner
Tom Gunner
· 3h
First time I’ve heard it allegedly involved Storm Shadow missiles as
well. Surprised they didn’t cause more damage, if that’s true.

Profile photo for Mike Chang
Mike Chang
· 3h
Hitting a bridge is not easy with missiles and bombs. They probably
missed and went into the water.

Tom Gunner
Ok, but I’d have expected mainstream media to mention Storm Shadow
missiles, even if they missed, which they haven’t. So I’m dubious of
this. Only mention has been two naval drones. To be clear. I want this
motherfucking bridge to be blown out of the water. Totally irreparable.
I was hoping Storm Shadow could do this.
Profile photo for Prijevodi B
Prijevodi B
· 3h
Wasn't this an explosion caused by two drones? Or was there another one?