Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 15:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A 16-year-old driving a truck ran over multiple cyclists after he
allegedly attempted to blow exhaust on them
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:45 UTC

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 1:25:58 PM UTC-5, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
> A 16-year-old driving a truck ran over six cyclists in Texas, sending four
> to the hospital.
>
> One cyclist said the driver intentionally slowed down to blow smoke on the
> cyclists.
>
> The driver, who stayed on the scene following the collisions, has not been
> arrested, KRIV reported.
>
> Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
>
> A teen truck driver in Texas ran over six cyclists on Saturday, sending
> four of them to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
>
> The cyclists riding along a highway in Houston when a black diesel pickup
> truck intentionally slowed down and then accelerated in front of them to
> blow exhaust on the cyclists, one of the riders said.
>
> "I thought someone was dead," cyclist Chase Ferrell said, according to
> KRIV. "I heard a lot of crunching. I heard brakes. Tires screeching.
> People screaming."
>
> KTRK reported that two of the cyclists were treated at a local hospital in
> Waller County, and two others were airlifted to a Houston hospital to be
> treated for head injuries. Two other cyclists refused treatment.
>
> Ferrell said the group was about 75 miles into their ride as they trained
> for an ironman. After the truck blew exhaust on cyclists in Ferrell's
> lane, the driver attempted to do the same maneuver on cyclists riding
> ahead of Ferrell, the cyclist said, culminating in the collision.
>
> "The reason he couldn't stop is because he was accelerating to blow more
> diesel fuel on these cyclists," Ferrell said. "He ended up hitting three
> people before his brakes even started."
>
> KRIV's Matthew Seedorff shared images of the crushed bicycles on the side
> of the road.
>
> Ferrell added that the driver, identified as a 16-year-old male, was
> intentionally trying to harass the cyclists. Authorities did not comment
> on the driver's condition, KTRK reported.
>
> "There was no reason for this to happen," Ferrell said, adding that the
> teen stayed on the scene following the collisions. "It wasn't like he was
> on his phone. [He] definitely meant to try and scare these people [or]
> intimidate them in some way. [Maybe he then] made a mistake and ran them
> over."
>
> The teen driver was not arrested as of Saturday, KRIV reported. The Waller
> County Sheriff's Office did not immediately respond to Insider's request
> for comment.
>
> Read the original article on Insider
>
> https://news.yahoo.com/16-old-driving-truck-ran-184304653.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-shows-truck-rolling-coal-213644684.html

Texas. Republicans.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: A 16-year-old driving a truck ran over multiple cyclists after he allegedly attempted to blow exhaust on them