Wherever you go...There you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Replacing the sewer line

SubjectAuthor
* Replacing the sewer lineTom Kunich
+* Re: Replacing the sewer lineFrank Krygowski
|`- Re: Replacing the sewer lineJohn B.
`* Re: Replacing the sewer linerussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 +* Re: Replacing the sewer lineWilliam Crowell
 |+- Re: Replacing the sewer lineTom Kunich
 |`* Re: Replacing the sewer linerussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 | `* Re: Replacing the sewer lineWilliam Crowell
 |  +* Re: Replacing the sewer lineAMuzi
 |  |`- Re: Replacing the sewer lineTom Kunich
 |  `* Re: Replacing the sewer linerussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 |   `* Re: Replacing the sewer lineRalph Barone
 |    +* Re: Replacing the sewer lineWilliam Crowell
 |    |`* Re: Replacing the sewer lineJohn B.
 |    | `* Re: Replacing the sewer linerussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 |    |  `* Re: Replacing the sewer lineWilliam Crowell
 |    |   +- Re: Replacing the sewer lineTom Kunich
 |    |   `- Re: Replacing the sewer linerussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 |    `- Re: Replacing the sewer linerussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 `* Re: Replacing the sewer linesms
  +- Re: Replacing the sewer lineRalph Barone
  +- Re: Replacing the sewer lineJohn B.
  `* Re: Replacing the sewer linerussellseaton1@yahoo.com
   +- Re: Replacing the sewer lineJohn B.
   `* Re: Replacing the sewer linesms
    `- Re: Replacing the sewer lineJohn B.

Pages:12
Re: Replacing the sewer line

<d0efaedd-bf36-417a-9126-424ada21c11fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=45005&group=rec.bicycles.tech#45005

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 15:27:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Replacing the sewer line
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 22:27 UTC

On Monday, October 25, 2021 at 9:43:31 AM UTC-5, William Crowell wrote:
> "...quite a bit faster to whack a staple out of a staple gun than it is to position, hold and drive a nail."
> "Pneumatic staplers."
> Right, Russell, kindly forgive the brain flatulence!
> "Roofing felt and tar paper underneath over the underlayment sheets of plywood/MDF."
> The tar paper is the underlayment. The plywood or MDF that sits on the rafters is called the sheathing.
>
> When I had my house re-roofed last spring, the company doing the job (they certainly did seem to know what they were doing) used a new-ish, different type of underlayment, in the place of the usual roofing felt, that looked like it was partially or wholly synthetic. They said it was definitely superior to tarpaper or felt, and it cost a bit more. I hope it does turn out to be a good kind of underlayment in the long run. Sometimes new materials don't prove to last. Maybe I'll be around long enough to find out.

Yes the roofers did use the new synthetic underlayment instead of official tar paper, 15 or 30 pound. Guessing it has completely supplanted old tar paper today. And of course the layer around the edges and in the valleys was the sticky underneath stuff to prevent ice dams from getting under the paper. I'm not sure if the other synthetic sheeting was also sticky underneath or not. I didn't watch them install it.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Replacing the sewer line