Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: A Quora - What is the coolest line a pilot has said to the
passengers?
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 16:14:17 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 23:14 UTC

a Quora Jokes, Humour & Funny stories 🤣😹🙈😆 ·
Follow
Answered by
Noah Hunter
Aug 13

What is the coolest line a pilot has said to the passengers?

I was flying in a Navy patrol plane in 1962. After an eight-or nine-hour
patrol we were on a final approach. The pilot came on the comm. “This
landing may be a little different from what y’all are used to. We have a
wheel that just won’t come down. I’ve never landed a plane with a wheel
that wouldn’t come down, but I did read about it once. I suggest y’all
get braced in crash position, I know I’m going to.”

We had a ‘hard landing’…nobody hurt though some of us needed new skivvies.