From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Emergency alert to be tested on US cellphones, TV and radio on
Wednesday
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 16:44:49 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 23:44 UTC

On 10/5/23 12:40 PM, Bob F wrote:
> On 10/5/2023 9:00 AM, Wally J wrote:
>> The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote
>>
>>> Los Angeles: never saw the stupid turtle either. Teachers just yelled
>>> DROP and we climbed under our desks. The ones with inkwells. And we
>>> had ink pens before we got those really crappy ballpoint pens that left
>>> blobs on the paper.
>>
>> Not only did the school desks have inkwells in the far corner, but they had
>> right handed inkwells and left handed inkwells for ambi-affirmation.
>
> Not in the schools that would not let left-handed people use their left
> hand. My sister was one of those.

My left-handed hubby claims that lefties are smarter than righties
because their parents were smart enough to NOT try to change their
child's handedness. Righties are the control :-)

He could be right. Statistics are (is?) his thing.

--
Cheers, Bev
My computer doesn't have to be friendly;

Re: Emergency alert to be tested on US cellphones, TV and radio on Wednesday

<ko9vs3Fof9nU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=45574&group=comp.mobile.android#45574

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Wednesday
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 10:46:59 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 08:46 UTC

On 2023-10-06 01:44, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 10/5/23 12:40 PM, Bob F wrote:
>> On 10/5/2023 9:00 AM, Wally J wrote:
>>> The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Not only did the school desks have inkwells in the far corner, but
>>> they had
>>> right handed inkwells and left handed inkwells for ambi-affirmation.
>>
>> Not in the schools that would not let left-handed people use their left
>> hand. My sister was one of those.
>
> My left-handed hubby claims that lefties are smarter than righties
> because their parents were smart enough to NOT try to change their
> child's handedness.  Righties are the control :-)

And their teachers.

On the other hand, if their teachers forced them, the kids had to be
smart enough to actually use the other hand.

> He could be right.  Statistics are (is?) his thing.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Emergency alert to be tested on US cellphones, TV and radio on Wednesday