And Bruce is effectively building BruceIX -- Alan Cox

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Actual cycling.

SubjectAuthor
* Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
+- Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
`* Re: Actual cycling.Jeff Liebermann
 `* Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  +* Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  |+* Re: Actual cycling.Jeff Liebermann
  ||`* Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  || +* Re: Actual cycling.russellseaton1@yahoo.com
  || |`- Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  || `* Re: Actual cycling.Jeff Liebermann
  ||  +* Re: Actual cycling.John B.
  ||  |+* Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  ||  ||`* Re: Actual cycling.John B.
  ||  || `* Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  ||  ||  +- Re: Actual cycling.John B.
  ||  ||  `* Re: Actual cycling.AMuzi
  ||  ||   `* Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  ||  ||    `* Re: Actual cycling.John B.
  ||  ||     `* Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  ||  ||      `* Re: Actual cycling.John B.
  ||  ||       `- Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  ||  |`- Re: Actual cycling.russellseaton1@yahoo.com
  ||  `- Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  |`* Re: Actual cycling.John B.
  | `* Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  |  `* Re: Actual cycling.John B.
  |   `* Re: Actual cycling.Tom Kunich
  |    `- Re: Actual cycling.John B.
  `- Re: Actual cycling.Jeff Liebermann

Pages:12
Re: Actual cycling.

<ud33pgp8jfuthaj27maiq6uh3vdc8mlb3l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46267&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46267

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Actual cycling.
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 05:35:00 +0700
References: <fp00pg1a5scgnd3ekhm1lddnscrukru4g2@4ax.com> <b0fb84b3-c1f5-405f-bb33-fae2c3552315n@googlegroups.com> <kee0pg5qaksro0gmojsbcosaf34ccca99c@4ax.com> <mji0pgl3mthq25e85mip6euvcgtkm0q8uf@4ax.com> <55bea000-dc36-48b6-8806-13587e11fba6n@googlegroups.com> <3hl0pgtnqek4iktt7hk879sa1mvehr7p7d@4ax.com> <da8e9de2-12ea-48f4-8f86-2afa2c10db4dn@googlegroups.com> <smrcl0$1aq$1@dont-email.me> <76a1e16a-8a15-4f97-a935-ecabdc7e5c6an@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Sun, 14 Nov 2021 22:35 UTC

On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 08:32:10 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 14, 2021 at 8:14:27 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:

>> > Tell me John, what part of that war used B50's?
>> >
>> https://nuke.fas.org/guide/usa/bomber/b-50.htm
>>
>> https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/bomber-you-never-heard-meet-b-50-bomber-111681
>
>There was a video of a B50 on YouTube. One of the striking differences was the movement of the gun nacelles strongly suggested a central electromechanical fire control system. All of the guns moved synchronously. That would mean that only a single central gunner was used and the other four crewmen were ladies in waiting as it were if the fire control system failed. While failures of these sorts of fire control systems were not unusual, neither were they common. B52 D's had the tailgunner situated in the tail of the aircraft but by the H model they were in the central cabin with a real ejection seat instead of pushing out the gun and jumping out manually.

Yup, you seen it on youtube and therefore you know all about it.
Right? While I worked on them and thus don't know anything about it?
Your logic is irrefutable.

>I do find it interesting that a lifer that was a so-called crew chief on a B50 didn't know that it was really a B29 redesignated.

A B29 re designated? And again you exhibit your ignorance. It might
look a bit like a B-29 to the uninitiated (which you certainly are)
but if you actually worked on them you'd know difference.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Actual cycling.

<3cfe3275-386e-46bb-9340-492d0c23628bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46270&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46270

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 14:49:05 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 14 Nov 2021 22:49 UTC

On Sunday, November 14, 2021 at 2:35:08 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 08:32:10 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> https://nuke.fas.org/guide/usa/bomber/b-50.htm
> >>
> >> https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/bomber-you-never-heard-meet-b-50-bomber-111681
> >
> >There was a video of a B50 on YouTube. One of the striking differences was the movement of the gun nacelles strongly suggested a central electromechanical fire control system. All of the guns moved synchronously. That would mean that only a single central gunner was used and the other four crewmen were ladies in waiting as it were if the fire control system failed. While failures of these sorts of fire control systems were not unusual, neither were they common. B52 D's had the tailgunner situated in the tail of the aircraft but by the H model they were in the central cabin with a real ejection seat instead of pushing out the gun and jumping out manually.
> >
> Yup, you seen it on youtube and therefore you know all about it.
> Right? While I worked on them and thus don't know anything about it?
> Your logic is irrefutable.
> >I do find it interesting that a lifer that was a so-called crew chief on a B50 didn't know that it was really a B29 redesignated.
> A B29 re designated? And again you exhibit your ignorance. It might
> look a bit like a B-29 to the uninitiated (which you certainly are)
> but if you actually worked on them you'd know difference.

You're so good at using Google it surprises me that you didn't bother to read Andrew's reference: "The end of World War II saw the cancellation of B-29 orders. To rescue the program, the military redesignated the B-29D as the B-50 to imply the aircraft incorporated more original design features than was actually the case—hardly the first nor the last time misleading aircraft designations have been adopted for political purposes."

So, Johnny, what were these "differences" that you think that anyone would be able to see.

Re: Actual cycling.

<e493pgpb8h0qe55jf6hifurdsog1cfp9v9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46281&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46281

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 07:16:12 +0700
References: <kee0pg5qaksro0gmojsbcosaf34ccca99c@4ax.com> <mji0pgl3mthq25e85mip6euvcgtkm0q8uf@4ax.com> <55bea000-dc36-48b6-8806-13587e11fba6n@googlegroups.com> <3hl0pgtnqek4iktt7hk879sa1mvehr7p7d@4ax.com> <da8e9de2-12ea-48f4-8f86-2afa2c10db4dn@googlegroups.com> <smrcl0$1aq$1@dont-email.me> <76a1e16a-8a15-4f97-a935-ecabdc7e5c6an@googlegroups.com> <ud33pgp8jfuthaj27maiq6uh3vdc8mlb3l@4ax.com> <3cfe3275-386e-46bb-9340-492d0c23628bn@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 00:16 UTC

On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 14:49:05 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 14, 2021 at 2:35:08 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 08:32:10 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
>> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >There was a video of a B50 on YouTube. One of the striking differences was the movement of the gun nacelles strongly suggested a central electromechanical fire control system. All of the guns moved synchronously. That would mean that only a single central gunner was used and the other four crewmen were ladies in waiting as it were if the fire control system failed. While failures of these sorts of fire control systems were not unusual, neither were they common. B52 D's had the tailgunner situated in the tail of the aircraft but by the H model they were in the central cabin with a real ejection seat instead of pushing out the gun and jumping out manually.
>> >
>> Yup, you seen it on youtube and therefore you know all about it.
>> Right? While I worked on them and thus don't know anything about it?
>> Your logic is irrefutable.
>> >I do find it interesting that a lifer that was a so-called crew chief on a B50 didn't know that it was really a B29 redesignated.
>> A B29 re designated? And again you exhibit your ignorance. It might
>> look a bit like a B-29 to the uninitiated (which you certainly are)
>> but if you actually worked on them you'd know difference.
>
>You're so good at using Google it surprises me that you didn't bother to read Andrew's reference: "The end of World War II saw the cancellation of B-29 orders. To rescue the program, the military redesignated the B-29D as the B-50 to imply the aircraft incorporated more original design features than was actually the case—hardly the first nor the last time misleading aircraft designations have been adopted for political purposes."
>
>So, Johnny, what were these "differences" that you think that anyone would be able to see.

Well, lets see:

Revisions to the B-50 (from its predecessor B-29) would boost top
speed to just under 400 miles per hour (640 km/h). Changes included:

More powerful engines
Redesigned engine nacelles and engine mounts
Enlarged vertical tail and rudder (to maintain adequate yaw
control during engine-out conditions)
Reinforced wing structure (required due to increased engine mass,
larger gyroscopic forces from larger propellers, greater fuel load,
and revised landing gear loading)
Revised routing for engine gases (cooling, intake, exhaust and
intercooler ducts; also oil lines)
Upgraded remote turret fire-control equipment
Landing gear strengthened and takeoff weight increased from
133,500 pounds (60,600 kg) to 173,000 pounds (78,000 kg)
Increased fuel capacity with underwing fuel tanks being added.[13]
Improvements to flight control systems (the B-29 was difficult to
fly; with increased weights the B-50 would have been more so).
Nose wheel steering rather than a castering nose wheel as on the
B-29

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Actual cycling.

<78a81023-66f5-457f-bd41-c6b9f0d3dad2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46302&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46302

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 07:57:09 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 15:57 UTC