For every problem there is one solution which is simple, neat, and wrong. -- H. L. Mencken

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: OT The General

SubjectAuthor
* Re: OT The GeneralAJL
`* Re: OT The GeneralCarlos E. R.
 `* Re: OT The GeneralAJL
  `* Re: OT The GeneralCarlos E. R.
   +* Re: OT The Generalmicky
   |+- Re: OT The GeneralAJL
   |+- Re: OT The GeneralCarlos E. R.
   |`* Re: OT The Generalcandycanearter07
   | +- Re: OT The GeneralAJL
   | +* Re: OT The GeneralThe Real Bev
   | |`* Re: OT The Generalcandycanearter07
   | | `* Re: OT The GeneralThe Real Bev
   | |  `- Re: OT The Generalcandycanearter07
   | `* Re: OT The GeneralAndy Burns
   |  `- Re: OT The GeneralCarlos E. R.
   `- Re: OT The GeneralAJL

1
Re: OT The General

<uh8pgq$1qsr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46336&group=comp.mobile.android#46336

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: OT The General
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:57:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AJL - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:57 UTC

On 10/23/23 11:50 PM, Chris Green wrote:
>micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>> OT Speaking of movies in the public domain, this one should qualify.
>>
>> Today a friend and I were discussing The General and one of its writers,
>> Al Boasberg, so I went to look for it. From 1926 so should be public
>> domain by now and it's much better than I had thought. I had seen 2 or
>> 3 five-second clips over the years and I thought the whole movie was
>> slapstick but there's a lot more to it. Plus the production values. And
>> it's suprisingly good quality. Highly recommended. With Buster
>> Keaton, who I, reed, did all his own stunts.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/DzspLWK9FEc
>>
>> A hour 19 minutes but watch some and decide it it's worth it. I thought
>> so.
>>
>I love Buster Keaton, I think he was one of the very best, if not *the*
>best of the silent comedians. Many years ago (in the 1970s) they ran
>a festival at the National Film Theatre in the UK called "Golden
>Silents" and they showed just about all of Buster Keaton's films.
>
>As you say the prints are mostly of excellent quality. Buster Keaton
>did all of his own stunts as well which is quite amazing when you see
>some of them.

YT also has the colorized version. As does Amazon Prime for those who use
it...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NfRt3GjU7A

>Apart from Charlie Chaplin the other, often forgotten now, great
>silent film comedian was Harold Lloyd. If you get an ooportunity to
>see one of his films they're good too.

Re: OT The General

<kpr0npFqghlU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46341&group=comp.mobile.android#46341

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 01:02:17 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 23:02 UTC

On 2023-10-24 17:57, AJL wrote:
> On 10/23/23 11:50 PM, Chris Green wrote:
>> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>>> OT  Speaking of movies in the public domain, this one should qualify.
>>> Today a friend and I were discussing The General and one of its writers,
>>> Al Boasberg, so I went to look for it. From 1926 so should be public
>>> domain by now and it's much better than I had thought.  I had seen 2 or
>>> 3 five-second clips over the years and I thought the whole movie was
>>> slapstick but there's a lot more to it.  Plus the production values. And
>>> it's suprisingly good quality.   Highly recommended.   With Buster
>>> Keaton, who I, reed, did all his own stunts.
>>> https://youtu.be/DzspLWK9FEc
>>>
>>> A hour 19 minutes but watch some and decide it it's worth it.  I thought
>>> so.
>> I love Buster Keaton, I think he was one of the very best, if not *the*
>> best of the silent comedians.  Many years ago (in the 1970s) they ran
>> a festival at the National Film Theatre in the UK called "Golden
>> Silents" and they showed just about all of Buster Keaton's films.
>> As you say the prints are mostly of excellent quality.  Buster Keaton
>> did all of his own stunts as well which is quite amazing when you see
>> some of them.
>
> YT also has the colorized version. As does Amazon Prime for those who use
> it...
>
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NfRt3GjU7A

Yak, colour... :-(

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: OT The General

<uh9mg0$9c4o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46344&group=comp.mobile.android#46344

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 00:11:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AJL - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 00:11 UTC

On 10/24/23 4:02 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>On 2023-10-24 17:57, AJL wrote:

>>> I love Buster Keaton, I think he was one of the very best, if not *the*
>>> best of the silent comedians.  Many years ago (in the 1970s) they ran
>>> a festival at the National Film Theatre in the UK called "Golden
>>> Silents" and they showed just about all of Buster Keaton's films.
>>> As you say the prints are mostly of excellent quality.  Buster Keaton
>>> did all of his own stunts as well which is quite amazing when you see
>>> some of them.
>>
>> YT also has the colorized version. As does Amazon Prime for those who use
>> it...
>>
>> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NfRt3GjU7A
>>

>Yak, colour... :-(

I thought the color version I watched on Amazon Prime was well done. But I
can see where purists might think it in bad taste. They're always screwing
up movies with improvements aren't they. Some stuck, some didn't. Some that
didn't:

I remember the movie Earthquake. They shook the theatre seats with vibrators
and large woofers. The theatre in my town was structurally damaged and had
to shut down for a while. Then there was Cinerama with the three
projectors. And 3D...

Re: OT The General

<kpr89jFqghkU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46345&group=comp.mobile.android#46345

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 03:11:14 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 01:11 UTC

On 2023-10-25 02:11, AJL wrote:
> On 10/24/23 4:02 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

>>> YT also has the colorized version. As does Amazon Prime for those who
>>> use
>>> it...
>>>
>>> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NfRt3GjU7A
>>>

>> Yak, colour... :-(
>
> I thought the color version I watched on Amazon Prime was well done. But I
> can see where purists might think it in bad taste.

I'm sure it was well made, I watched a bit. But it was not how Keaton
made it. It is like taking the Gioconda and unfuzzing it.

> They're always screwing
> up movies with improvements aren't they. Some stuck, some didn't. Some that
> didn't:
>
> I remember the movie Earthquake. They shook the theatre seats with
> vibrators and large woofers. The theatre in my town was structurally damaged and had
> to shut down for a while. Then there was Cinerama with the three
> projectors. And 3D...

That would be fun :-)
But I wasn't lucky to enjoy any of that.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: OT The General

<rergjiddcdujk5d1bihtubb41usagq750k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46346&group=comp.mobile.android#46346

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 21:24:54 -0400
 by: micky - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 01:24 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 25 Oct 2023 03:11:14 +0200, "Carlos E.
R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>On 2023-10-25 02:11, AJL wrote:

>>> Yak, colour... :-(
>>
>> I thought the color version I watched on Amazon Prime was well done. But I
>> can see where purists might think it in bad taste.
>
>I'm sure it was well made, I watched a bit. But it was not how Keaton
>made it. It is like taking the Gioconda and unfuzzing it.
>
>> They're always screwing
>> up movies with improvements aren't they. Some stuck, some didn't. Some that
>> didn't:
>>
>> I remember the movie Earthquake. They shook the theatre seats with
>> vibrators and large woofers. The theatre in my town was structurally damaged and had
>> to shut down for a while. Then there was Cinerama with the three
>> projectors. And 3D...
>
>That would be fun :-)
>But I wasn't lucky to enjoy any of that.

I never saw an earthquake movie that had vibration. I never saw
Cinerama, but I did see 2 3-D movies 30 years apart, and also one or two
3-D comic books. Those might still be available somewhere. Cardboard
glasses with one eye red cellophane and the other eye blue cellophane.
It really worked.

Re: OT The General

<uh9qtp$ecl2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46347&group=comp.mobile.android#46347

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 01:27:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AJL - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 01:27 UTC

On 10/24/23 6:11 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>On 2023-10-25 02:11, AJL wrote:

>>> Yak, colour... :-(
>>
>> I thought the color version I watched on Amazon Prime was well done. But I
>> can see where purists might think it in bad taste.
>
>I'm sure it was well made, I watched a bit. But it was not how Keaton
>made it. It is like taking the Gioconda and unfuzzing it.

I stand on my statement about purists...

>> They're always screwing
>> up movies with improvements aren't they. Some stuck, some didn't. Some that
>> didn't:
>>
>> I remember the movie Earthquake. They shook the theatre seats with
>> vibrators and large woofers. The theatre in my town was structurally damaged and had
>> to shut down for a while. Then there was Cinerama with the three
>> projectors. And 3D...
>
>That would be fun :-)

They definately were.

>But I wasn't lucky to enjoy any of that.

Re: OT The General

<uh9rki$ej3k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46348&group=comp.mobile.android#46348

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 01:39:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AJL - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 01:39 UTC

On 10/24/23 6:24 PM, micky wrote:
>In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 25 Oct 2023 03:11:14 +0200, "Carlos E.
>R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> I thought the color version I watched on Amazon Prime was well done. But I
>>> can see where purists might think it in bad taste.
>>
>>I'm sure it was well made, I watched a bit. But it was not how Keaton
>>made it. It is like taking the Gioconda and unfuzzing it.
>>
>>> They're always screwing
>>> up movies with improvements aren't they. Some stuck, some didn't. Some that
>>> didn't:
>>>
>>> I remember the movie Earthquake. They shook the theatre seats with
>>> vibrators and large woofers. The theatre in my town was structurally damaged and had
>>> to shut down for a while. Then there was Cinerama with the three
>>> projectors. And 3D...
>>
>>That would be fun :-)
>>But I wasn't lucky to enjoy any of that.
>
>I never saw an earthquake movie that had vibration. I never saw
>Cinerama, but I did see 2 3-D movies 30 years apart, and

> also one or two
>3-D comic books. Those might still be available somewhere. Cardboard
>glasses with one eye red cellophane and the other eye blue cellophane.
>It really worked.

I used to take those 3D glasses and draw my own comics using red and blue
pencils. I drew 2 identical figures right next to each other, one red and
one blue. Depending on how far apart they were made them look close or far
away on the page with the glasses on. I remember that I impressed my
grandparents with my 3D comics (I think)...

Re: OT The General

<kps55iFqghkU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46350&group=comp.mobile.android#46350

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 11:24:02 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 09:24 UTC

On 2023-10-25 03:24, micky wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 25 Oct 2023 03:11:14 +0200, "Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> I remember the movie Earthquake. They shook the theatre seats with
>>> vibrators and large woofers. The theatre in my town was structurally damaged and had
>>> to shut down for a while. Then there was Cinerama with the three
>>> projectors. And 3D...
>>
>> That would be fun :-)
>> But I wasn't lucky to enjoy any of that.
>
> I never saw an earthquake movie that had vibration. I never saw
> Cinerama, but I did see 2 3-D movies 30 years apart, and also one or two
> 3-D comic books. Those might still be available somewhere. Cardboard
> glasses with one eye red cellophane and the other eye blue cellophane.
> It really worked.

I have somewhere a 3D slide viewer. It is like a pair of prismatics,
with a card disk with the pairs of slides. A lever rotated the disk. You
could buy disks. The photos were astounding.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: OT The General

<uhbev4$r177$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46355&group=comp.mobile.android#46355

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 11:15:32 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:15 UTC

On 10/24/23 20:24, micky wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 25 Oct 2023 03:11:14 +0200, "Carlos E.
> R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> I thought the color version I watched on Amazon Prime was well done. But I
>>> can see where purists might think it in bad taste.
>>
>> I'm sure it was well made, I watched a bit. But it was not how Keaton
>> made it. It is like taking the Gioconda and unfuzzing it.
>>
>>> They're always screwing
>>> up movies with improvements aren't they. Some stuck, some didn't. Some that
>>> didn't:
>>>
>>> I remember the movie Earthquake. They shook the theatre seats with
>>> vibrators and large woofers. The theatre in my town was structurally damaged and had
>>> to shut down for a while. Then there was Cinerama with the three
>>> projectors. And 3D...
>>
>> That would be fun :-)
>> But I wasn't lucky to enjoy any of that.
>
> I never saw an earthquake movie that had vibration. I never saw
> Cinerama, but I did see 2 3-D movies 30 years apart, and also one or two
> 3-D comic books. Those might still be available somewhere. Cardboard
> glasses with one eye red cellophane and the other eye blue cellophane.
> It really worked.

I'm pretty sure "4-D Movies" were a thing a while back. Basically, all
the seats were on a tilt piece that moved around in sync with the movie.
Some also had extra effects like spraying smoke in or scents. I thought
it was cool, but it definitely was gimmicky.

Re: OT The General

<uhbido$t4j4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46356&group=comp.mobile.android#46356

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 17:14:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: AJL - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 17:14 UTC

On 10/25/23 9:15 AM, candycanearter07 wrote:
>On 10/24/23 20:24, micky wrote:
>> In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 25 Oct 2023 03:11:14 +0200, "Carlos E.
>> R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> I'm sure it was well made, I watched a bit. But it was not how Keaton
>>> made it. It is like taking the Gioconda and unfuzzing it.

>>> That would be fun :-)
>>> But I wasn't lucky to enjoy any of that.
>>
>> I never saw an earthquake movie that had vibration. I never saw
>> Cinerama, but I did see 2 3-D movies 30 years apart, and also one or two
>> 3-D comic books. Those might still be available somewhere. Cardboard
>> glasses with one eye red cellophane and the other eye blue cellophane.
>> It really worked.
>
>I'm pretty sure "4-D Movies" were a thing a while back. Basically, all
>the seats were on a tilt piece that moved around in sync with the movie.
>Some also had extra effects like spraying smoke in or scents. I thought
>it was cool, but it definitely was gimmicky.

There's a ride like that in California Adventure (across from Disneyland).
Seats move to the vertical in front of a huge screen. Seats rock to the
scenes and there's smells that fit, like orange when flying over an orange
grove. Fun ride...

Re: OT The General

<uhegcs$1qmpn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46369&group=comp.mobile.android#46369

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 12:57:53 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:57 UTC

On 10/25/23 9:15 AM, candycanearter07 wrote:
> On 10/24/23 20:24, micky wrote:
>> In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 25 Oct 2023 03:11:14 +0200, "Carlos E.
>> R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:

>>> I'm sure it was well made, I watched a bit. But it was not how Keaton
>>> made it. It is like taking the Gioconda and unfuzzing it.

>>> That would be fun :-)
>>> But I wasn't lucky to enjoy any of that.
>>
>> I never saw an earthquake movie that had vibration. I never saw
>> Cinerama, but I did see 2 3-D movies 30 years apart, and also one or two
>> 3-D comic books. Those might still be available somewhere. Cardboard
>> glasses with one eye red cellophane and the other eye blue cellophane.
>> It really worked.
>
> I'm pretty sure "4-D Movies" were a thing a while back. Basically, all
> the seats were on a tilt piece that moved around in sync with the movie.
> Some also had extra effects like spraying smoke in or scents. I thought
> it was cool, but it definitely was gimmicky.

There are "rides" like that at Disneyland etc. now. They're really
good. The first one I experienced was hang-gliding over America's
pretty places. Wind, seats tilted, other effects -- it felt real and
was wonderful Others were equally "real" but not as interesting --
comic adventures, etc.

They've GOT to be cheaper to build and run than the 'actual' rides, and
have the possibility of being better. Although it's hard to imagine how
a roller coaster could be simulated well enough. My grandson and I are
the only coaster fans in the family, but the last time we went to Magic
Mountain I rode ONE MORE than he did!

--
Cheers, Bev
Segal's Law: A man with one watch knows the time.

Re: OT The General

<uheiiv$1lt01$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46371&group=comp.mobile.android#46371

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:35:43 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:35 UTC

On 10/26/23 14:57, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 10/25/23 9:15 AM, candycanearter07 wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure "4-D Movies" were a thing a while back. Basically, all
>> the seats were on a tilt piece that moved around in sync with the movie.
>> Some also had extra effects like spraying smoke in or scents. I thought
>> it was cool, but it definitely was gimmicky.
>
> There are "rides" like that at Disneyland etc. now.  They're really
> good.  The first one I experienced was hang-gliding over America's
> pretty places.  Wind, seats tilted, other effects --  it felt real and
> was wonderful  Others were equally "real" but not as interesting --
> comic adventures, etc.
>
> They've GOT to be cheaper to build and run than the 'actual' rides, and
> have the possibility of being better.  Although it's hard to imagine how
> a roller coaster could be simulated well enough.  My grandson and I are
> the only coaster fans in the family, but the last time we went to Magic
> Mountain I rode ONE MORE than he did!

Oh cool, if I ever decide to go to Disneyland again, I'll check it out.

Speaking of, I wonder if adding vr in is still around.

Re: OT The General

<uhf8pj$22u41$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46372&group=comp.mobile.android#46372

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:54:15 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 02:54 UTC

On 10/26/23 1:35 PM, candycanearter07 wrote:
> On 10/26/23 14:57, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 10/25/23 9:15 AM, candycanearter07 wrote:
>>> I'm pretty sure "4-D Movies" were a thing a while back. Basically, all
>>> the seats were on a tilt piece that moved around in sync with the movie.
>>> Some also had extra effects like spraying smoke in or scents. I thought
>>> it was cool, but it definitely was gimmicky.
>>
>> There are "rides" like that at Disneyland etc. now.  They're really
>> good.  The first one I experienced was hang-gliding over America's
>> pretty places.  Wind, seats tilted, other effects --  it felt real and
>> was wonderful  Others were equally "real" but not as interesting --
>> comic adventures, etc.
>>
>> They've GOT to be cheaper to build and run than the 'actual' rides, and
>> have the possibility of being better.  Although it's hard to imagine how
>> a roller coaster could be simulated well enough.  My grandson and I are
>> the only coaster fans in the family, but the last time we went to Magic
>> Mountain I rode ONE MORE than he did!
>
> Oh cool, if I ever decide to go to Disneyland again, I'll check it out.

It may have been at the 'California Adventure' part of Disneyland
(mentioned by someone else) and they did a lot of remodeling there recently.

All things considered, the prices Disney charges are ridiculous. Based
on previous experience you HAVE to spring for the extra privileges
unless you want to spend all your time standing in lines.

When we went to Magic Mountain (better rides and much cheaper) it was a
cool day, December 18, and NOBODY was there. It was just so NICE to
have it not crowded. Must have been pure luck.

Universal was a waste of time and money except for the few virtual rides
and the 'back lot' bus tour.

> Speaking of, I wonder if adding vr in is still around.

--
Cheers, Bev
"...and then I'll become a veterinarian because I love children."
-- Julie Brown

Re: OT The General

<kq1kfrFqsstU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46374&group=comp.mobile.android#46374

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 12:16:11 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 11:16 UTC

candycanearter07 wrote:

> micky wrote:
>
>> I never saw an earthquake movie that had vibration.  I never saw
>> Cinerama, but I did see 2 3-D movies 30 years apart, and also one or two
>> 3-D comic books.  Those might still be available somewhere.  Cardboard
>> glasses with one eye red cellophane and the other eye blue cellophane.
>> It really worked.
>
> I'm pretty sure "4-D Movies" were a thing a while back. Basically, all
> the seats were on a tilt piece that moved around in sync with the movie.
> Some also had extra effects like spraying smoke in or scents.

Would you get up and run if you were in this one?

<https://youtu.be/A4GdIYig7p8>

Re: OT The General

<kq292lF4a7cU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46377&group=comp.mobile.android#46377

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 19:07:33 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:07 UTC

On 2023-10-27 13:16, Andy Burns wrote:
> candycanearter07 wrote:
>
>> micky wrote:
>>
>>> I never saw an earthquake movie that had vibration.  I never saw
>>> Cinerama, but I did see 2 3-D movies 30 years apart, and also one or two
>>> 3-D comic books.  Those might still be available somewhere.  Cardboard
>>> glasses with one eye red cellophane and the other eye blue cellophane.
>>> It really worked.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure "4-D Movies" were a thing a while back. Basically, all
>> the seats were on a tilt piece that moved around in sync with the
>> movie. Some also had extra effects like spraying smoke in or scents.
>
> Would you get up and run if you were in this one?
>
> <https://youtu.be/A4GdIYig7p8>

Wow.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: OT The General

<uhjpm4$3dl6q$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=46396&group=comp.mobile.android#46396

From: no...@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 15:07:32 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 20:07 UTC

On 10/26/23 21:54, The Real Bev wrote:
> All things considered, the prices Disney charges are ridiculous.  Based
> on previous experience you HAVE to spring for the extra privileges
> unless you want to spend all your time standing in lines.

True, but last time I went was this special "Disney after Dark" event
where everything was free and you got free food. It was great.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: OT The General