Vulcans never bluff. -- Spock, "The Doomsday Machine", stardate 4202.1

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

SubjectAuthor
* Rittenhouse should sue for defamationAndre Jute
`* Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamationTom Kunich
 `* Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamationAndre Jute
  `* Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamationTom Kunich
   `* Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamationWilliam Crowell
    +* Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamationTom Kunich
    |`* Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamationWilliam Crowell
    | `- Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamationTom Kunich
    `- Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamationAndre Jute

1
Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

<4b4f11c9-a14a-4cff-8ae9-b6b39dd2a983n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46575&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46575

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 18:29:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 02:29 UTC

I certainly hope that Rittenhouse sues the scum who defamed him, from that vicious old fool in the White House down to any reporter with a house he can take. they lied about him and deserve what they got coming. Apparently many others are of the same opinion:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/11/19/is-cnn-about-to-make-kyle-rittenhouse-rich-n2599385

Andre Jute
The chapter on defamation in one of my books was anthologized many times over the 30-odd years the book was in print. I know how to recognize libel and slander when I see it. Now we'll see justice delivered.

Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

<10c9c775-bbd0-437a-a49b-f42f8aea1c11n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46609&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46609

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 07:50:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 15:50 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 6:29:40 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> I certainly hope that Rittenhouse sues the scum who defamed him, from that vicious old fool in the White House down to any reporter with a house he can take. they lied about him and deserve what they got coming. Apparently many others are of the same opinion:
>
> https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/11/19/is-cnn-about-to-make-kyle-rittenhouse-rich-n2599385
>
> Andre Jute
> The chapter on defamation in one of my books was anthologized many times over the 30-odd years the book was in print. I know how to recognize libel and slander when I see it. Now we'll see justice delivered.
From his postings here denying the right of a jury to come to an honest and true verdict, Jay should also be included in what will be a very long string.

Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

<dcd532ab-bb1b-46b5-924c-6fb0740bc10cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46624&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46624

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 13:10:55 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 21:10 UTC

On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 3:51:00 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 6:29:40 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> > I certainly hope that Rittenhouse sues the scum who defamed him, from that vicious old fool in the White House down to any reporter with a house he can take. they lied about him and deserve what they got coming. Apparently many others are of the same opinion:
> >
> > https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/11/19/is-cnn-about-to-make-kyle-rittenhouse-rich-n2599385
> >
> > Andre Jute
> > The chapter on defamation in one of my books was anthologized many times over the 30-odd years the book was in print. I know how to recognize libel and slander when I see it. Now we'll see justice delivered.
> From his postings here denying the right of a jury to come to an honest and true verdict, Jay should also be included in what will be a very long string.
..
Yes, that shocked me. But Jay is chickenfeed, a long way down the list of far richter defamers in cabe news and mainstream media. --- AJ

Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

<067f65f0-d46e-4a88-a108-1030ce093d87n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46625&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46625

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 13:13:16 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 21:13 UTC

On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 1:10:57 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 3:51:00 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 6:29:40 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> > > I certainly hope that Rittenhouse sues the scum who defamed him, from that vicious old fool in the White House down to any reporter with a house he can take. they lied about him and deserve what they got coming. Apparently many others are of the same opinion:
> > >
> > > https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2021/11/19/is-cnn-about-to-make-kyle-rittenhouse-rich-n2599385
> > >
> > > Andre Jute
> > > The chapter on defamation in one of my books was anthologized many times over the 30-odd years the book was in print. I know how to recognize libel and slander when I see it. Now we'll see justice delivered.
> > From his postings here denying the right of a jury to come to an honest and true verdict, Jay should also be included in what will be a very long string.
> .
> Yes, that shocked me. But Jay is chickenfeed, a long way down the list of far richter defamers in cabe news and mainstream media. --- AJ
The media that defamed that kid who that Indian stood in front of beating a drum are presently all going to pay for their defamation and that kid looks to come out of this a multimillionaire. I don't think for one second that Jay deserves any better treatment than the media.

Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

<07ec38c2-5086-41b5-b71c-39b4a4b3b973n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46643&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46643

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 06:34:26 -0800 (PST)
From: retroguy...@gmail.com (William Crowell)
 by: William Crowell - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 14:34 UTC

You may rest assured that, if sued, such defendants will defend with the absolute or qualified privileges that may apply. Actually, I think it SHOULD be privileged. Let 'em say what they want; I don't care.

If those crazy commentators on CNN, MSNBC, et al can't express their opinions, or call Kyle unflattering names because they disagree with him, then what is left of the first amendment? Are we on the Right such wimps and snivelers that we need a "safe space", free from the influence of the leftist networks? Hell, no! The first amendment means that you let everyone speak, and you just ignore what they say if you think they're stupid.

Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

<30bf5d4c-23a5-408a-b4f3-c6155b8052c5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46644&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46644

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 08:03:44 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 16:03 UTC

On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 6:34:28 AM UTC-8, William Crowell wrote:
> You may rest assured that, if sued, such defendants will defend with the absolute or qualified privileges that may apply. Actually, I think it SHOULD be privileged. Let 'em say what they want; I don't care.
>
> If those crazy commentators on CNN, MSNBC, et al can't express their opinions, or call Kyle unflattering names because they disagree with him, then what is left of the first amendment? Are we on the Right such wimps and snivelers that we need a "safe space", free from the influence of the leftist networks? Hell, no! The first amendment means that you let everyone speak, and you just ignore what they say if you think they're stupid.
I think that you're missing the point. the press has the entire right to give ANY opinion they like. What they don't have is the right so know the truth and misreport it in an act of defamation for political purposes.

Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

<c1e0fae1-e942-4c51-aa37-4514fca8a7d6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46648&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46648

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 08:27:31 -0800 (PST)
From: retroguy...@gmail.com (William Crowell)
 by: William Crowell - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 16:27 UTC

On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 8:03:46 AM UTC-8, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 6:34:28 AM UTC-8, William Crowell wrote:
> > You may rest assured that, if sued, such defendants will defend with the absolute or qualified privileges that may apply. Actually, I think it SHOULD be privileged. Let 'em say what they want; I don't care.
> >
> > If those crazy commentators on CNN, MSNBC, et al can't express their opinions, or call Kyle unflattering names because they disagree with him, then what is left of the first amendment? Are we on the Right such wimps and snivelers that we need a "safe space", free from the influence of the leftist networks? Hell, no! The first amendment means that you let everyone speak, and you just ignore what they say if you think they're stupid.
> I think that you're missing the point. the press has the entire right to give ANY opinion they like. What they don't have is the right so know the truth and misreport it in an act of defamation for political purposes.

circulus in probando

Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

<66b6e1a1-c47c-4add-9666-991e63a71ee3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46651&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46651

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 08:37:31 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 16:37 UTC

On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 8:27:33 AM UTC-8, William Crowell wrote:
> On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 8:03:46 AM UTC-8, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 6:34:28 AM UTC-8, William Crowell wrote:
> > > You may rest assured that, if sued, such defendants will defend with the absolute or qualified privileges that may apply. Actually, I think it SHOULD be privileged. Let 'em say what they want; I don't care.
> > >
> > > If those crazy commentators on CNN, MSNBC, et al can't express their opinions, or call Kyle unflattering names because they disagree with him, then what is left of the first amendment? Are we on the Right such wimps and snivelers that we need a "safe space", free from the influence of the leftist networks? Hell, no! The first amendment means that you let everyone speak, and you just ignore what they say if you think they're stupid.
> > I think that you're missing the point. the press has the entire right to give ANY opinion they like. What they don't have is the right so know the truth and misreport it in an act of defamation for political purposes.
> circulus in probando

If you believe that watch what happens.

Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation

<8b04e324-58c7-4cd3-8513-7b155a56028en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=46658&group=rec.bicycles.tech#46658

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 10:32:13 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:32 UTC

On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 2:34:28 PM UTC, William Crowell wrote:
> You may rest assured that, if sued, such defendants will defend with the absolute or qualified privileges that may apply. Actually, I think it SHOULD be privileged. Let 'em say what they want; I don't care.
>
> If those crazy commentators on CNN, MSNBC, et al can't express their opinions, or call Kyle unflattering names because they disagree with him, then what is left of the first amendment? Are we on the Right such wimps and snivelers that we need a "safe space", free from the influence of the leftist networks? Hell, no! The first amendment means that you let everyone speak, and you just ignore what they say if you think they're stupid.
..
I agree with your intention of free speech, William, but those who wish free speech should take responsibility for what they say. in this case the vicious scum on the mainstream media declared Rittenhouse guilty before the trial. In a civilized country, the UK for instance but the Anglosphere in general, they would have been jailed for contempt of court for that alone, and sued for defamation after they served their time even before the jury declared him innocent of all charges. In France, they would have been jailed for invasion of privacy for substantial amounts of time, and then sued for libel.
..
This case is exactly parallel to that of Nicholas Sandman in the Covington catastrophe for those those arrogant media clowns. It will be a precedent, as Tom says.
..
Andre Jute
Who apparently knows more about defamation than the lawyers on RBT.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Rittenhouse should sue for defamation