From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Ohio time
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 23:33:07 -0500
 by: micky - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 04:33 UTC

I'm just curious. I live in Baltimore Maryland. A month ago I drove
through Peannsylivania to Ohio and spent 4 hours there, and since then
my phone has said that the time it's displaying is the time in Ohio.

Then a few days ago it changed back to Local, but now it's saying Ohio
again.

Ohio is not mentioned in the Date & Time Settings, only the Eastern Time
Zone. The time is the same in all these places so why does it think it
should show Ohio time? Is it a sign?

Re: Ohio time

<kre2cfFp7p2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47169&group=comp.mobile.android#47169

From: use...@arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Ohio time
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:43:12 +0100
 by: Arno Welzel - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 07:43 UTC

micky, 2023-11-13 05:33:

> I'm just curious. I live in Baltimore Maryland. A month ago I drove
> through Peannsylivania to Ohio and spent 4 hours there, and since then
> my phone has said that the time it's displaying is the time in Ohio.
>
> Then a few days ago it changed back to Local, but now it's saying Ohio
> again.
>
> Ohio is not mentioned in the Date & Time Settings, only the Eastern Time
> Zone. The time is the same in all these places so why does it think it
> should show Ohio time? Is it a sign?

Maybe the option "use location" for the time zone is enabled and thus it
displays that as location? Otherwise I have no clue where that comes from.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Re: Ohio time

<MPG.3fbc3ebdbd28dc46990221@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47199&group=comp.mobile.android#47199

From: the_stan...@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:10:41 -0800
 by: Stan Brown - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:10 UTC

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 23:33:07 -0500, micky wrote:

> I'm just curious. I live in Baltimore Maryland. A month ago I drove
> through Peannsylivania to Ohio and spent 4 hours there, and since then
> my phone has said that the time it's displaying is the time in Ohio.
>
> Then a few days ago it changed back to Local, but now it's saying Ohio
> again.
>
> Ohio is not mentioned in the Date & Time Settings, only the Eastern Time
> Zone. The time is the same in all these places so why does it think it
> should show Ohio time? Is it a sign?

I don't understand what you're asking. "Ohio time" is EDT or EST,
just like Maryland.

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...

Re: Ohio time

<fph5lilu43kduqenklipiv0ogts3l9b8eu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47205&group=comp.mobile.android#47205

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 20:07:37 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 01:07 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:10:41 -0800, Stan Brown
<the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 23:33:07 -0500, micky wrote:
>>
>> I'm just curious. I live in Baltimore Maryland. A month ago I drove
>> through Peannsylivania to Ohio and spent 4 hours there, and since then
>> my phone has said that the time it's displaying is the time in Ohio.
>>
>> Then a few days ago it changed back to Local, but now it's saying Ohio
>> again.
>>
>> Ohio is not mentioned in the Date & Time Settings, only the Eastern Time
>> Zone. The time is the same in all these places so why does it think it
>> should show Ohio time? Is it a sign?
>
>I don't understand what you're asking. "Ohio time" is EDT or EST,
>just like Maryland.

Change "Ohio time" to "time labeled as Ohio".

Actually, this Xiaomi phone lets me display two times at the same time,
so I put my favorite vacation spot for the second time, on the right
side, but the time on the left has always been USA time, Baltimore, ET.
And it was labeled Baltimore or Local, I forget. I didn't have time to
notice when I was in Ohio, but soon after I left Ohio I noticed that the
time on the left was labeled "Ohio". Then after 3 weeks back in
Baltimore, not going more than 15 miles from my home, it changed to
Local, and a couple days after that, still not going anywhere, it
changed to Ohio and it's still Ohio.

Re: Ohio time

<krg30iF3c1rU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=47208&group=comp.mobile.android#47208

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 03:06:10 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 02:06 UTC

On 2023-11-14 02:07, micky wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:10:41 -0800, Stan Brown
> <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 23:33:07 -0500, micky wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm just curious. I live in Baltimore Maryland. A month ago I drove
>>> through Peannsylivania to Ohio and spent 4 hours there, and since then
>>> my phone has said that the time it's displaying is the time in Ohio.
>>>
>>> Then a few days ago it changed back to Local, but now it's saying Ohio
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Ohio is not mentioned in the Date & Time Settings, only the Eastern Time
>>> Zone. The time is the same in all these places so why does it think it
>>> should show Ohio time? Is it a sign?
>>
>> I don't understand what you're asking. "Ohio time" is EDT or EST,
>> just like Maryland.
>
> Change "Ohio time" to "time labeled as Ohio".
>
> Actually, this Xiaomi phone lets me display two times at the same time,
> so I put my favorite vacation spot for the second time, on the right
> side, but the time on the left has always been USA time, Baltimore, ET.
> And it was labeled Baltimore or Local, I forget. I didn't have time to
> notice when I was in Ohio, but soon after I left Ohio I noticed that the
> time on the left was labeled "Ohio". Then after 3 weeks back in
> Baltimore, not going more than 15 miles from my home, it changed to
> Local, and a couple days after that, still not going anywhere, it
> changed to Ohio and it's still Ohio.

Can you have a look at other phones, from other people perhaps, using
the same network provider as you. Do they show the same name for the
time? And different providers?

My guess is that the name is put by the provider.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Ohio time