From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: 7018 fillet vertical down
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 08:42:33 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Fri, 2 Jul 2021 12:42 UTC

"Richard Smith" wrote in message news:lyk0m9gtfy.fsf@void.com...

I wish that didn't make the current in-employment demography run
scared from me, here in Britain.
"Post-industrial" seems to have come with a reliance on a money-spring
which bubbles out of the ground and spreads across the economy at
constant invariant rate. Creating new value-system in which I am left
looking like some "Don Quixote" figure.

An impression - fair or not?
So many "entrepreneurs" driving around "the Queen's highway" in their
German limosines are solely funded by from-the-State money, in a world
which is competitive but only between each other.

I just had a good 7-day assignment as a welder on the running repairs
of a ship berthed at a nearby port.

Rich S

----------------------------

Attila the Hun was a hero among his vassals because he confiscated and
redistributed the wealth they envied but weren't capable of creating
themselves. That's still the goal of the Left. They claim to help the People
but the people who benefit most are their politicians and greatly expanded
bureaucrazy, their dependent vassals.

Because of Attila and his kind, a thousand years of dystopian Dark Age
displaced a thousand years of rising civilization. London didn't have public
water and sewer utilities like ancient Rome's until 1852.

Soon there was nothing left to steal and no incentive to create more.
Anarchy enabled banditry which halted trade, each community had to become
self-sufficient. The answer was feudalism, submitting to the local warlord's
protection.

A similar collapse occurred in Russia after the Revolution, until Lenin
reintroduced private enterprise with the New Economic Plan. Then he died
suddenly, Stalin couldn't make it work, and ruled like Ivan the Terrible
instead. China has learned from that failure.

https://www.supersummary.com/leadership-secrets-of-attila-the-hun/summary/

Although he is remembered as Rome's enemy Attila was actually a friend and
ally of the last great Roman leader, Flavius Aetius.