Memory fault - where am I?

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

SubjectAuthor
* Excess Deaths indicate...Andre Jute
+* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Tom Kunich
|`* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...John B.
| `* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Tom Kunich
|  `- Re: Excess Deaths indicate...John B.
+- Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Andre Jute
`* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Andre Jute
 +* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Tom Kunich
 |`- Re: Excess Deaths indicate...John B.
 `* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Jeff Liebermann
  `* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Andre Jute
   +- Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Tom Kunich
   `* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Jeff Liebermann
    `* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Andre Jute
     `* Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Jeff Liebermann
      `- Re: Excess Deaths indicate...Andre Jute

1
Excess Deaths indicate...

<07660860-fa09-44ed-b61c-b2818204513cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47428&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47428

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 06:58:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Excess Deaths indicate...
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 14:58 UTC

Short pointed article on what the rise in excess deaths means, with solid links worth following up.

https://www.steynonline.com/11952/learn-to-uncode

Looks like Scharfie will get his wet dream of starving the unvaccinated into compliance in concentration camps.

Andre Jute
Aren't the Gaucherie the ones who're big on choice (except for the unborn)?

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<d69c8aff-f19b-4641-851a-46897640065an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47429&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47429

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 07:27:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Excess Deaths indicate...
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 15:27 UTC

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 6:58:02 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> Short pointed article on what the rise in excess deaths means, with solid links worth following up.
>
> https://www.steynonline.com/11952/learn-to-uncode
>
> Looks like Scharfie will get his wet dream of starving the unvaccinated into compliance in concentration camps.
>
> Andre Jute
> Aren't the Gaucherie the ones who're big on choice (except for the unborn)?

Just to point out an especially urking case: the International Space Station is LESS biologically secure than the Wuhan laboratory. People like Jay know absolutely nothing whatsoever about these things and yet backs Biden 100%. We're all expected to bow to Joe the Stupid and Demented and wear a mask when they not only do nothing, but CANNOT do anything. Here in California you can't even ride public transit without a mask on. And if you try the panic on people's faces is palpable.

As I have shown, the CDC under Fauci the Brave, is showing complete and utter bullshit on their statistics page unless you know where and how to look. In which case you discover that there has been NO elevated levels of respiratory diseases in 2020 or 2021. In fact, with the lockdowns in the first half of 2021 and since most respiratory diseases being contracted in the work place, the first half of 2021 saw respiratory disease deaths up to 25% below normal. With people returning to work it too returned to normal levels.

While the doctors are finally admitting that there is only a 1% chance of dying from covid in fact is is more like less than 0.1%. The normal age of death in the US is 76 years. But the age of death of covid-19 is between 80 and 85. And with serious circulatory diseases that were expected to kill them within the year. Did they die of covid-19? No, because there were NO elevated levels of respiratory deaths. So they died a NORMAL death and what the government has done was to impower every petty little dictator whether it is in the booth at public transit to the back room at grocery stores.

This is leading to something that the radical Democrats are not going to like. While they CAN get away with some election fraud, the levels it is going to take come next election are far beyond their capacity to create fraud.

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<a87452b9-ae10-4ed8-a1de-f547236d8bcen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47452&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47452

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 14:08:26 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 22:08 UTC

BTW, Mark Steyn, whose article I link below, is the originator or at least popularizer of an important fact in the survival of empires, nations and cultures: "Demographics are destiny." --- AJ

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 2:58:02 PM UTC, Andre Jute wrote:
> Short pointed article on what the rise in excess deaths means, with solid links worth following up.
>
> https://www.steynonline.com/11952/learn-to-uncode
>
> Looks like Scharfie will get his wet dream of starving the unvaccinated into compliance in concentration camps.
>
> Andre Jute
> Aren't the Gaucherie the ones who're big on choice (except for the unborn)?

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<bv4tqghs8251m36ch3qp014ffjde85llm5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47457&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47457

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 05:54:57 +0700
 by: John B. - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 22:54 UTC

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 07:27:32 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 6:58:02 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
>> Short pointed article on what the rise in excess deaths means, with solid links worth following up.
>>
>> https://www.steynonline.com/11952/learn-to-uncode
>>
>> Looks like Scharfie will get his wet dream of starving the unvaccinated into compliance in concentration camps.
>>
>> Andre Jute
>> Aren't the Gaucherie the ones who're big on choice (except for the unborn)?
>
>Just to point out an especially urking case: the International Space Station is LESS biologically secure than the Wuhan laboratory. People like Jay know absolutely nothing whatsoever about these things and yet backs Biden 100%. We're all expected to bow to Joe the Stupid and Demented and wear a mask when they not only do nothing, but CANNOT do anything. Here in California you can't even ride public transit without a mask on. And if you try the panic on people's faces is palpable.
>
>As I have shown, the CDC under Fauci the Brave, is showing complete and utter bullshit on their statistics page unless you know where and how to look. In which case you discover that there has been NO elevated levels of respiratory diseases in 2020 or 2021. In fact, with the lockdowns in the first half of 2021 and since most respiratory diseases being contracted in the work place, the first half of 2021 saw respiratory disease deaths up to 25% below normal. With people returning to work it too returned to normal levels.
>
>While the doctors are finally admitting that there is only a 1% chance of dying from covid in fact is is more like less than 0.1%. The normal age of death in the US is 76 years. But the age of death of covid-19 is between 80 and 85. And with serious circulatory diseases that were expected to kill them within the year. Did they die of covid-19? No, because there were NO elevated levels of respiratory deaths. So they died a NORMAL death and what the government has done was to impower every petty little dictator whether it is in the booth at public transit to the back room at grocery stores.
>
>This is leading to something that the radical Democrats are not going to like. While they CAN get away with some election fraud, the levels it is going to take come next election are far beyond their capacity to create fraud.

If, as you argue, voter fraud was what got the Democrats elected then
it is obvious, from the 40 or so court cases brought by the
Republicans that the court has thrown out for lack of evidence, that
the Dempo's are far more clever then the Repo's. So who do you want
running your country? Clever people or Dummies?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<2f356e5a-f00e-467e-8410-19b114b00eddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47480&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47480

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 17:33:18 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 01:33 UTC

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 5:00:37 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 07:27:32 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 6:58:02 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> >> Short pointed article on what the rise in excess deaths means, with solid links worth following up.
> >>
> >> https://www.steynonline.com/11952/learn-to-uncode
> >>
> >> Looks like Scharfie will get his wet dream of starving the unvaccinated into compliance in concentration camps.
> >>
> >> Andre Jute
> >> Aren't the Gaucherie the ones who're big on choice (except for the unborn)?
> >
> >Just to point out an especially urking case: the International Space Station is LESS biologically secure than the Wuhan laboratory. People like Jay know absolutely nothing whatsoever about these things and yet backs Biden 100%. We're all expected to bow to Joe the Stupid and Demented and wear a mask when they not only do nothing, but CANNOT do anything. Here in California you can't even ride public transit without a mask on. And if you try the panic on people's faces is palpable.
> >
> >As I have shown, the CDC under Fauci the Brave, is showing complete and utter bullshit on their statistics page unless you know where and how to look. In which case you discover that there has been NO elevated levels of respiratory diseases in 2020 or 2021. In fact, with the lockdowns in the first half of 2021 and since most respiratory diseases being contracted in the work place, the first half of 2021 saw respiratory disease deaths up to 25% below normal. With people returning to work it too returned to normal levels.
> >
> >While the doctors are finally admitting that there is only a 1% chance of dying from covid in fact is is more like less than 0.1%. The normal age of death in the US is 76 years. But the age of death of covid-19 is between 80 and 85. And with serious circulatory diseases that were expected to kill them within the year. Did they die of covid-19? No, because there were NO elevated levels of respiratory deaths. So they died a NORMAL death and what the government has done was to impower every petty little dictator whether it is in the booth at public transit to the back room at grocery stores.
> >
> >This is leading to something that the radical Democrats are not going to like. While they CAN get away with some election fraud, the levels it is going to take come next election are far beyond their capacity to create fraud.
> If, as you argue, voter fraud was what got the Democrats elected then
> it is obvious, from the 40 or so court cases brought by the
> Republicans that the court has thrown out for lack of evidence, that
> the Dempo's are far more clever then the Repo's. So who do you want
> running your country? Clever people or Dummies?

Since you don't know how elections work why are you speaking? Once the media declared Biden the winner and enough Republicans who were RINOs agreed there is NO way to declare election fraud in a court of law. But surely you can tell us all about it since you're so good with Google.

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<ltftqgp16ierv65qnasnandnufu13crjsr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47483&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47483

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 09:02:23 +0700
 by: John B. - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 02:02 UTC

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 17:33:18 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 5:00:37 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 07:27:32 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
>> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Just to point out an especially urking case: the International Space Station is LESS biologically secure than the Wuhan laboratory. People like Jay know absolutely nothing whatsoever about these things and yet backs Biden 100%. We're all expected to bow to Joe the Stupid and Demented and wear a mask when they not only do nothing, but CANNOT do anything. Here in California you can't even ride public transit without a mask on. And if you try the panic on people's faces is palpable.
>> >
>> >As I have shown, the CDC under Fauci the Brave, is showing complete and utter bullshit on their statistics page unless you know where and how to look. In which case you discover that there has been NO elevated levels of respiratory diseases in 2020 or 2021. In fact, with the lockdowns in the first half of 2021 and since most respiratory diseases being contracted in the work place, the first half of 2021 saw respiratory disease deaths up to 25% below normal. With people returning to work it too returned to normal levels.
>> >
>> >While the doctors are finally admitting that there is only a 1% chance of dying from covid in fact is is more like less than 0.1%. The normal age of death in the US is 76 years. But the age of death of covid-19 is between 80 and 85. And with serious circulatory diseases that were expected to kill them within the year. Did they die of covid-19? No, because there were NO elevated levels of respiratory deaths. So they died a NORMAL death and what the government has done was to impower every petty little dictator whether it is in the booth at public transit to the back room at grocery stores.
>> >
>> >This is leading to something that the radical Democrats are not going to like. While they CAN get away with some election fraud, the levels it is going to take come next election are far beyond their capacity to create fraud.
>> If, as you argue, voter fraud was what got the Democrats elected then
>> it is obvious, from the 40 or so court cases brought by the
>> Republicans that the court has thrown out for lack of evidence, that
>> the Dempo's are far more clever then the Repo's. So who do you want
>> running your country? Clever people or Dummies?
>
>Since you don't know how elections work why are you speaking? Once the media declared Biden the winner and enough Republicans who were RINOs agreed there is NO way to declare election fraud in a court of law. But surely you can tell us all about it since you're so good with Google.

What U.S.A. do you live in? The media declared Biden the winner".

If you believe that the media declaring someone the winner is all that
is required then why bother with all the fuss and nonsense of having
an election at all. Just call Fox News and they'll tell you.

(Tommy Boy, you are pitiful)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<5cc5462f-ae13-46e5-8b32-406278afef3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47524&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47524

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 08:43:29 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 16:43 UTC

Further to what Tom is trying to explain to Slow Johnny -- and uphill work it is too -- I've never understood why the courts allow the media to "declare" a winner in American elections before the polls officially close and the count is announced. In Britain, where they have honest elections admired around the world, the media are allowed to comment on exit polls, but they cannot declare a winner even after voting has closed until the returning officer announces the count. The penalties can be quite stiff, but the media understands that this is a fair rule. Compare the wretched American system where the media influences voting -- telling some people their votes won't count and so discouraging voting, or motivating others to vote by telling them their party is losing -- and thereby outcomes by premature and often wrong announcements even before voting has ended. Not to mention tipping off the Donkey Party that it's time to "discover" the wheeled industrial waste container of "missing votes". ---AJ

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 2:58:02 PM UTC, Andre Jute wrote:
> Short pointed article on what the rise in excess deaths means, with solid links worth following up.
>
> https://www.steynonline.com/11952/learn-to-uncode
>
> Looks like Scharfie will get his wet dream of starving the unvaccinated into compliance in concentration camps.
>
> Andre Jute
> Aren't the Gaucherie the ones who're big on choice (except for the unborn)?

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<30c70e90-c087-4944-8198-536cc3cb9c7cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47530&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47530

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 09:29:11 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 17:29 UTC

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 8:43:32 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> Further to what Tom is trying to explain to Slow Johnny -- and uphill work it is too -- I've never understood why the courts allow the media to "declare" a winner in American elections before the polls officially close and the count is announced. In Britain, where they have honest elections admired around the world, the media are allowed to comment on exit polls, but they cannot declare a winner even after voting has closed until the returning officer announces the count. The penalties can be quite stiff, but the media understands that this is a fair rule. Compare the wretched American system where the media influences voting -- telling some people their votes won't count and so discouraging voting, or motivating others to vote by telling them their party is losing -- and thereby outcomes by premature and often wrong announcements even before voting has ended. Not to mention tipping off the Donkey Party that it's time to "discover" the wheeled industrial waste container of "missing votes". ---AJ
> On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 2:58:02 PM UTC, Andre Jute wrote:
> > Short pointed article on what the rise in excess deaths means, with solid links worth following up.
> >
> > https://www.steynonline.com/11952/learn-to-uncode
> >
> > Looks like Scharfie will get his wet dream of starving the unvaccinated into compliance in concentration camps.

John has told us that he has never collected his military retirement pay and then expects me to believe anything he has to say. Then after each time he said that and I said that isn't possible, he said that I couldn't understand plain English but couldn't explain his ridiculous statements.

The only person more pitiful on this group is Scharf who makes losing an art form.

Even if covid-19 wasn't a hoax unelected members of departments of the government are making regulations to control the lives of the people supposedly living under a Constitutional form of government and perhaps it is time to bring out the guns and start killing anyone and everyone that works in those departments. Let's start with Fauci since he tells us that he represents science and we are a mob of anti science freaks.

Fauci, in his entire life has never accomplished one thing of benefit to anyone but himself. Time to shut the door on him and all his admirers.

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<af8vqgt3gf9rt30t2kju99cv9v0ce0dmv2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47540&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47540

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 10:32:57 -0800
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 18:32 UTC

On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 08:43:29 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
<fiultra1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I've never understood why the courts allow the media to "declare" a winner in American elections before the polls officially close and the count is announced.

In the USA, there is an ever increasing number of absentee ballots and
vote-by-mail ballots. These ballots take some time to arrive and be
counted. In the past, the number of these ballots was fairly small.
Today, it's the majority of ballots.

When these ballots can be counted varies by the State. For example:
<https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-16-when-absentee-mail-ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx>
In California, processing can begin 19 days before election day and
results are usually released after the polls close on election day.
Other states, such as Georgia, begin processing on election day and
typically deliver the count a week or three later. The result of
these late counts occurring after the polls close can produce some
uncertainty as to who is the winner in a close election.

However, that's the popular vote, not the vote of the electoral
college. With the electoral college system, the 538 electors cast
their votes in accordance to their State's rules.
<http://www.nass.org/sites/default/files/surveys/2020-10/summary-electoral-college-laws-Oct20.pdf>
Some vote by percentage of the popular votes cast for a candidate.
Some give all the State's vote to the perceived winner. I think a few
still have no restrictions and the electors can vote any way they
please. In any case, the popular vote is only a problem in States
where the electors vote tracks the popular vote.

In California, the actual voting by the electors is delayed about two
weeks. From the nass.org PDF above:
The electors chosen shall assemble at the State Capitol
at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on the first Monday after
the second Wednesday in December next following their
election.
As you might suspect, this creates a problem for those who demand to
know the winner immediately on the evening of the November election.

There are other steps in the process including certification of the
vote and such. In the interest of brevity and my lunch is getting
cold, I'll omit these details.

So, what is the media to do to satiate the public's desire for instant
electoral gratification? Easy, they guess.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<22ovqgpsgbsn3s7o8egni425uv7tbmn5ka@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47545&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47545

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 05:32:38 +0700
 by: John B. - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 22:32 UTC

On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 09:29:11 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 8:43:32 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
>> Further to what Tom is trying to explain to Slow Johnny -- and uphill work it is too -- I've never understood why the courts allow the media to "declare" a winner in American elections before the polls officially close and the count is announced. In Britain, where they have honest elections admired around the world, the media are allowed to comment on exit polls, but they cannot declare a winner even after voting has closed until the returning officer announces the count. The penalties can be quite stiff, but the media understands that this is a fair rule. Compare the wretched American system where the media influences voting -- telling some people their votes won't count and so discouraging voting, or motivating others to vote by telling them their party is losing -- and thereby outcomes by premature and often wrong announcements even before voting has ended. Not to mention tipping off the Donkey Party that it's time to "discover" the wheeled industrial waste container of
"missing
>votes". ---AJ
>> On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 2:58:02 PM UTC, Andre Jute wrote:
>> > Short pointed article on what the rise in excess deaths means, with solid links worth following up.
>> >
>> > https://www.steynonline.com/11952/learn-to-uncode
>> >
>> > Looks like Scharfie will get his wet dream of starving the unvaccinated into compliance in concentration camps.
>
>John has told us that he has never collected his military retirement pay and then expects me to believe anything he has to say. Then after each time he said that and I said that isn't possible, he said that I couldn't understand plain English but couldn't explain his ridiculous statements.

But Tommy, I told you all about my retirement pay. Don't you remember?
Or do you remember and are now lying about it?

--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<8128ce30-cc5c-4073-9452-861d0668038en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47546&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47546

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 14:45:35 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 22:45 UTC

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 6:33:04 PM UTC, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 08:43:29 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
> <fiul...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I've never understood why the courts allow the media to "declare" a winner in American elections before the polls officially close and the count is announced.
> In the USA, there is an ever increasing number of absentee ballots and
> vote-by-mail ballots. These ballots take some time to arrive and be
> counted. In the past, the number of these ballots was fairly small.
> Today, it's the majority of ballots.
>
> When these ballots can be counted varies by the State. For example:
> <https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-16-when-absentee-mail-ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx>
> In California, processing can begin 19 days before election day and
> results are usually released after the polls close on election day.
> Other states, such as Georgia, begin processing on election day and
> typically deliver the count a week or three later. The result of
> these late counts occurring after the polls close can produce some
> uncertainty as to who is the winner in a close election.
>
> However, that's the popular vote, not the vote of the electoral
> college. With the electoral college system, the 538 electors cast
> their votes in accordance to their State's rules.
> <http://www.nass.org/sites/default/files/surveys/2020-10/summary-electoral-college-laws-Oct20.pdf>
> Some vote by percentage of the popular votes cast for a candidate.
> Some give all the State's vote to the perceived winner. I think a few
> still have no restrictions and the electors can vote any way they
> please. In any case, the popular vote is only a problem in States
> where the electors vote tracks the popular vote.
>
> In California, the actual voting by the electors is delayed about two
> weeks. From the nass.org PDF above:
> The electors chosen shall assemble at the State Capitol
> at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on the first Monday after
> the second Wednesday in December next following their
> election.
> As you might suspect, this creates a problem for those who demand to
> know the winner immediately on the evening of the November election.
>
> There are other steps in the process including certification of the
> vote and such. In the interest of brevity and my lunch is getting
> cold, I'll omit these details.
>
> So, what is the media to do to satiate the public's desire for instant
> electoral gratification? Easy, they guess.
>

> --
> Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Thanks for the admirably concise statement. All true, and I knew most of it, though some of the California delays are so gross, ignorance is bliss. But you avoided my question, which is why American media are permitted blatantly to attempt manipulating the outcome of election while the polls are still open? Bon apetit! -- AJ

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<4b656f97-df81-4335-b22d-aeb4f1ccf08fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47561&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47561

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 17:27:19 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 01:27 UTC

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 2:45:37 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > There are other steps in the process including certification of the
> > vote and such. In the interest of brevity and my lunch is getting
> > cold, I'll omit these details.
> >
> > So, what is the media to do to satiate the public's desire for instant
> > electoral gratification? Easy, they guess.
> >

> > --
> > Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> > PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> > Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> > Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
> Thanks for the admirably concise statement. All true, and I knew most of it, though some of the California delays are so gross, ignorance is bliss. But you avoided my question, which is why American media are permitted blatantly to attempt manipulating the outcome of election while the polls are still open? Bon apetit! -- AJ

The intellectual capacity of the leftists here is such that the entire group could be carried in a Jerry Can.

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<do20rgdqffv882qrvl1nb2uq0mt50ijjg6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47566&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47566

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.supernews.com!news.supernews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 18:28:33 -0800
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 02:28 UTC

On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 14:45:35 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
<fiultra1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>But you avoided my question, which is why American media are permitted blatantly to attempt manipulating the outcome of election while the polls are still open? -- AJ

Because the laws limiting election campaigning only apply to the
polling areas. I can't quite visualize what you're expecting. Are
you suggesting that all campaigning cease some number of days before
the election so that the voters will have political commercial free
experience while contemplating their votes? Enforcing such a ban
would be almost impossible. Tear down all billboards and posters a
few days before the election? I don't think that would work. Does
any country on the planet have such a pre-election ban on campaigning?

In the 2020 election, 69.4% of the votes were cast on mail-in ballots.
<https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2021/04/what-methods-did-people-use-to-vote-in-2020-election.html>
I suspect this trend will continue until most of the states switch to
mail-in only. Some states already have all mail-in elections. As
usual, every state has it's own rules for mail-in voting.
<https://time.com/5889969/how-to-vote-by-mail/>
For California, the ballot has to be postmarked on or before the
election day and must be received by the county elections office no
later than 17 days after the election.

With most of the voters voting by mail, it's going to be pointless to
have the live media (TV, Radio, internet, streaming, etc) and the
print media (newspapers, magazines, handbills, billboards, posters,
etc) suddenly cease displaying political advertisements some time
before the actual election. There will likely be questions like, "Has
the election been cancelled?" Also, note that voting by mail
encourages voters to mail in their ballots early. I vaguely recall
mailing my ballot about 3 weeks before the election. Election
campaigning after the ballots are mailed is not going to influence
voters that have already voted.

However, none of this is why the media continues to display campaign
advertising during election day. It's all about money. In 2020, $2.5
billion was spend on political TV adverts:
<https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/unprecedented-spending-for-2020-political-ads>
or $14 billion for everything:
<https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/10/cost-of-2020-election-14billion-update/>
For 150 million votes, that's $17 per voter for TV ads. Cheap. Much
of that advertising revenue is for just prior to the election and
election night. I'm sure the TV networks will fail to appreciate the
rather large loss of revenue.

I need to stop here. I'm still recovering from a Covid booster shot.
Nothing major, but the aching muscles in my left arm are make typing
difficult.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<f5169254-0695-4a64-8fde-affe4c3358a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47578&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47578

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 05:01:28 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 13:01 UTC

On Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 2:28:41 AM UTC, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> billion was spend on political TV adverts:
> <https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/unprecedented-spending-for-2020-political-ads>
> or $14 billion for everything:
> <https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/10/cost-of-2020-election-14billion-update/>
> For 150 million votes, that's $17 per voter for TV ads. Cheap. Much
> of that advertising revenue is for just prior to the election and
> election night. I'm sure the TV networks will fail to appreciate the
> rather large loss of revenue.
>
> I need to stop here. I'm still recovering from a Covid booster shot.
> Nothing major, but the aching muscles in my left arm are make typing
> difficult.
> --
> Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
..
..
Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful reply, Jeff, especially if you're not well. Apparently the booster hasn't affected your brain. Hope you're better soon.
..
What I envisage (actually I was merely reporting on common practice in the major established anglophone democracies) is not quite as drastic as you suggest (tearing down banners and big advertising boards). Though it doesn't address the so-called "silence" on election day directly, here's an article that will give you the flavor of an election in many anglophone countries, enough to make any American who considers your elections grotesquely wasteful (17 dollars per voter! not even per vote!) sick at the stomach with envy:
https://www.csmonitor.com/1997/0407/040797.intl.intl.5.html
The money a British prospective member of parliament is allowed to spend on an entire campaign won't pay for the gas Biden's cavalcade burns in a single day even when there isn't an election.
..
No reply expected. I'll take a raincheck on some electronics input at a later date.
..
Andre Jute
American elections are more bizarre than even all-in wrestling.

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<47p1rgtb79hohbfoo2d6l5r290bjcdsftv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47604&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47604

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 09:31:00 -0800
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 17:31 UTC

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 05:01:28 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
<fiultra1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful reply, Jeff, especially if you're not well. Apparently the booster hasn't affected your brain. Hope you're better soon.

Y'er welcome. I think I'm back to normal today. Two days of
miscellaneous aches and lack of energy was rather irritating. Self
analysis is always difficult. I've made my typical daily ration of
stupid mistakes. Therefore, I think my brain is functioning normally.
Thanks for your concern.

>What I envisage (actually I was merely reporting on common practice in the major established anglophone democracies) is not quite as drastic as you suggest (tearing down banners and big advertising boards).

I like to offer extreme examples. Usually the negotiated compromise
is more reasonable.

>Though it doesn't address the so-called "silence" on election day directly, here's an article that will give you the flavor of an election in many anglophone countries, enough to make any American who considers your elections grotesquely wasteful (17 dollars per voter! not even per vote!) sick at the stomach with envy:
>https://www.csmonitor.com/1997/0407/040797.intl.intl.5.html
>The money a British prospective member of parliament is allowed to spend on an entire campaign won't pay for the gas Biden's cavalcade burns in a single day even when there isn't an election.

The article is from 24 years ago. I presume that some things have
changed. I like the idea of a national TV ban on political
advertising, but I don't think that would play well in the USA. The
TV ban only works in the UK because all broadcasting is owned by the
BBC/UKTV. Convincing the USA broadcasters to lose a major revenue
source would only work if all broadcasting was nationalized. Forcing
candidates to deliver in person speeches might work in a country the
size of UK, but will be almost impossible in the much larger USA. Like
most solutions to a problem, UK has simply shifted the problem
elsewhere. Instead of obnoxious political TV advertisements, the UK
is cursed with obnoxious political billboard advertisements. One can
turn off the TV, but how does one turn off a billboard? I would hate
to speculate on what the US political parties will do if TV
advertising is lost. Certainly internet advertising. Maybe balloons,
airplanes, and rocket powered billboards in the sky. Floating
billboards? Consumer products with pop-up political ads built into
the packaging? Whatever we can imagine, it will surely be worse.

>No reply expected.

Now you tell me. Since I've already written a reply, you are
obligated to receive a reply, even if you don't expect it.

>I'll take a raincheck on some electronics input at a later date.

Please hurry. With the rate of progress in the electronics sector,
everything I currently know will soon be obsolete.

>Andre Jute
>American elections are more bizarre than even all-in wrestling.

My father's lingerie factory was within walking distance of the
Olympic auditorium:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Olympic_Auditorium>
I spent some time hanging around the Olympic including getting
involved in a proposed robot vs robot gladiatorial match. The main
obstacle was the sprung canvas boxing ring floors could not support
the robots:
<https://www.stedyx.com/en/offer/75-boxing-ring-canvas/>

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Re: Excess Deaths indicate...

<22b22f53-b2a1-4323-b1b8-5fb950d7ed3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47617&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47617

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 11:47:12 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 19:47 UTC

On Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 5:31:08 PM UTC, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 05:01:28 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
> <fiul...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful reply, Jeff, especially if you're not well. Apparently the booster hasn't affected your brain. Hope you're better soon.
> Y'er welcome. I think I'm back to normal today. Two days of
> miscellaneous aches and lack of energy was rather irritating. Self
> analysis is always difficult. I've made my typical daily ration of
> stupid mistakes. Therefore, I think my brain is functioning normally.
> Thanks for your concern.
> >What I envisage (actually I was merely reporting on common practice in the major established anglophone democracies) is not quite as drastic as you suggest (tearing down banners and big advertising boards).
> I like to offer extreme examples. Usually the negotiated compromise
> is more reasonable.
> >Though it doesn't address the so-called "silence" on election day directly, here's an article that will give you the flavor of an election in many anglophone countries, enough to make any American who considers your elections grotesquely wasteful (17 dollars per voter! not even per vote!) sick at the stomach with envy:
> >https://www.csmonitor.com/1997/0407/040797.intl.intl.5.html
> >The money a British prospective member of parliament is allowed to spend on an entire campaign won't pay for the gas Biden's cavalcade burns in a single day even when there isn't an election.
> The article is from 24 years ago. I presume that some things have
> changed.
..
The actual amount of money. I don't know what it is today but political parties still do their printing on the cheap-cheap-cheap.

> I like the idea of a national TV ban on political
> advertising, but I don't think that would play well in the USA. The
> TV ban only works in the UK because all broadcasting is owned by the
> BBC/UKTV.

No, even back then the UK had privately-owned broadcasters, including Rupert Murdoch's Sky Television. But the law is the law for all of them. In fact the national broadcaster, the BBC constantly steps closer to open bias than the commercial people whose bosses are very keen to protect their lucrative licenses.

>Convincing the USA broadcasters to lose a major revenue
> source would only work if all broadcasting was nationalized. Forcing
> candidates to deliver in person speeches might work in a country the
> size of UK, but will be almost impossible in the much larger USA. Like
> most solutions to a problem, UK has simply shifted the problem
> elsewhere. Instead of obnoxious political TV advertisements, the UK
> is cursed with obnoxious political billboard advertisements.

Actually, billboards are also regulated in the UK; I remember that from my days in advertising, though specialists dealt with the specifics. Political advertising answers to the same restrictions and at election very likely further restrictions.

>One can
> turn off the TV, but how does one turn off a billboard? I would hate
> to speculate on what the US political parties will do if TV
> advertising is lost. Certainly internet advertising. Maybe balloons,
> airplanes, and rocket powered billboards in the sky. Floating
> billboards? Consumer products with pop-up political ads built into
> the packaging? Whatever we can imagine, it will surely be worse.
..
Bet on it.
..
> >No reply expected.
>
> Now you tell me. Since I've already written a reply, you are
> obligated to receive a reply, even if you don't expect it.
..
> >I'll take a raincheck on some electronics input at a later date.
..
> Please hurry. With the rate of progress in the electronics sector,
> everything I currently know will soon be obsolete.
..
Laughing aloud. Actually, my electronics speed is thermionic tubes for high voltage high fidelity audio.
..
> >Andre Jute
> >American elections are more bizarre than even all-in wrestling.
> My father's lingerie factory was within walking distance of the
> Olympic auditorium:
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Olympic_Auditorium>
..
That is one hell of an impressive building, though the false final floor is superfluous and dishonest.
..
> I spent some time hanging around the Olympic including getting
> involved in a proposed robot vs robot gladiatorial match. The main
> obstacle was the sprung canvas boxing ring floors could not support
> the robots:
> <https://www.stedyx.com/en/offer/75-boxing-ring-canvas/>
..
When I hear "robot" from someone who might try to involve me, my first thought is, "First solve the vibration, or it'll wreck the tubes." Soon after I express that thought, it turns out my cooperation is not so urgently required.
..
> --
> Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
..
Andre Jute
I told a cat getting underfoot, "Curiosity killed the cat," and the cat looked up at me and said, "Oh yeah? Then why are you still alive?" Definitely an existential question.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Excess Deaths indicate...