Linus? Whose that? -- clueless newbie on #Linux

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Who will win a new American Civil War?

SubjectAuthor
* Who will win a new American Civil War?Andre Jute
+- Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?AMuzi
+- Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Tom Kunich
`* Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Andre Jute
 `* Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Tom Kunich
  `* Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Andre Jute
   `* Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Tom Kunich
    +* Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Andre Jute
    |`* Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Tom Kunich
    | +* Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Andre Jute
    | |`- Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Tom Kunich
    | `* Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Frank Krygowski
    |  `- Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?Tom Kunich
    `- Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?John B.

1
Who will win a new American Civil War?

<080ccdd8-7022-48c5-a4db-6c5b9a613c7an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47694&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47694

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 08:29:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Who will win a new American Civil War?
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 16:29 UTC

On Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 1:23:07 AM UTC, John B. wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 10:54:43 -0800 (PST), Tom Munich rote:
> >
> >At this point it is appearing more and more as if there is going to be another civil war and in this the Democrats are going to lose BIG TIME.
>
>> Hmmm.... Well based on the election results the Democrats have 51.3%
> of the popular vote while the Republicans got 46.9% so based on
> numbers the Republicans are going to lose the war. Just as in the
> previous civil war the minority group usually falls flat on their
> arse.

WTF are you on about Slow Johnny? The United States, plus European and Australasian allies, were just soundly beaten in Afghanistan by a few thousand religious fanatics with homemade armaments (IEDs, for instance). If you knew any history you would know that the side that loses, no matter its relatively size, is the one that loses the support of its institutions and its culture. American culture, collectively the most important of the institutions, turned against American mores and governments as representatives of those mores from the 1950s (the Kerouac generation) forwards. Today the American armed forces can win nothing (which is why they're trying to win a woke race) because the American Congress and a large proportion of Americans, common citizens, are on the side of any enemy of America.

Really, little man, you claim to have been a frontline military technician in Vietnam? Do you think America won the Vietnam War? Me, it is pretty clear to me as a student and recognized expert on insurrections (one of my *novels* was used as a text in courses at universities for civil servants, anti-terrorist police and army commanders, for instance one taught at Exeter by General Clutterbuck; it is also the reason the apartheid government sent assassins for my life, because they claimed it was "a handbook for the ANC") -- as I was saying, it is pretty clear to me that Hanoi Jane Fonda and the US Congress won that war for Ho Chi Minh. Since you're thicker than two short planks together, here's the short form: The US lost in Vietnam to a ragged "army" of peasants because the institutions at home had turned against the war.
***
All people of goodwill pray there won't ever be another civil war in the US..
..
But if there is, one has to wonder which trained and loyal forces the Administration can count on. Who has the guns? Where do the loyalties of the NCOs and other ranks from Red States lie? We already know where the State "militias", which by law cannot be called into the Army (my legal sidekick Jay Beattie will look up the relevant document for us), takes their orders: the Governor of the State, as is proper because the Founders allowed for them specifically as a counterforce to too powerful a central government. But where will the State-based National Guard, all of which have lots of senior "Reserve" officers perfectly capable of fighting a war on the Army they once served, take its orders when fighting for the State rather than Washington will be treason? This is going to be messy and nasty, and I wouldn't bet a bent nickel on whoever is in government if not in control in Washington, whatever his party allegiance, and is theoretically the Commander-in-Chief, winning.
..
Andre Jute
As a practical matter, an American civil war will be a planet-wide disaster for humanity.

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<sotc4v$f4e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47699&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47699

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 10:50:41 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 16:50 UTC

On 12/9/2021 10:29 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
> [...]
> .
> Andre Jute
> As a practical matter, an American civil war will be a planet-wide disaster for humanity.

That's the whole point.
And people wonder why I call out its provocateurs as
International Communists. Doesn't anyone ever read theory?
It's right there in black and white in a thousand versions.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<0cb47a17-0fd8-42c3-adac-da324649caf9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47701&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47701

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 09:19:50 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 17:19 UTC

On Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 8:29:16 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> [...]
> .
> Andre Jute
> As a practical matter, an American civil war will be a planet-wide disaster for humanity.
I would love to see Gavin Loathsome try to use the California National Guard to support Biden. That would be just as successful as his plans to defund the police. Local governments are refunding them now and turning their backs on Loathsome. Just to show you the mental capacity of these Democrats they've hired some writers to write children's Christmas story books upon which they are placing the credit for authorship to Loathsome and Piglosi. Piglosi has now been investigated by FOX who has the times and places of insider trading. Her husband was offered to be part of the first public offering of things like VISA after Nancy killed bills that would tax them. She is now dead in the water and Loathsome will probably be killed by Elder in the next election.

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<e17d9eef-9aeb-4caa-b385-964bc41d729bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47792&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47792

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 10:34:01 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 18:34 UTC

..
Looks like this is too thorny a question even for the know-it-all Wikicruisers.
..
On Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 4:29:16 PM UTC, Andre Jute wrote:
> [...]
> .
> Andre Jute
> As a practical matter, an American civil war will be a planet-wide disaster for humanity.

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<e3ec99e9-6b98-45b6-855f-5b419aec98c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47794&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47794

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 11:22:55 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 19:22 UTC

On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 10:34:04 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> [...]
> > .
> > Andre Jute
> > As a practical matter, an American civil war will be a planet-wide disaster for humanity.
People are waking up instead of woking up https://humansarefree.com/2021/12/this-is-how-we-win.html

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<af34af2f-d824-4cf7-93e1-0ae594608ff9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47812&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47812

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 16:31:41 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 00:31 UTC

On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 7:22:57 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> > > .
> > > Andre Jute
> > > As a practical matter, an American civil war will be a planet-wide disaster for humanity.
I know we're discussing a serious matter, but I just had to laugh at the neat turn of phrase: "People are waking up instead of woking up..." Well done, Tom! My experience is that people you can't reason with fear nothing more than ridicule and laugher, because they have no sense of humor and an overblown sense of their own importance. When did you last hear Franki-boy say something even remotely witty? -- AJ
..

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<1d1f0828-cf20-445d-9269-f492ebe748c2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47830&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47830

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:13:50 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 16:13 UTC

On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 4:31:43 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 7:22:57 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 10:34:04 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> > > .
> > > Looks like this is too thorny a question even for the know-it-all Wikicruisers.
> > > .

> > People are waking up instead of woking up https://humansarefree.com/2021/12/this-is-how-we-win.html
> .
> I know we're discussing a serious matter, but I just had to laugh at the neat turn of phrase: "People are waking up instead of woking up..." Well done, Tom! My experience is that people you can't reason with fear nothing more than ridicule and laugher, because they have no sense of humor and an overblown sense of their own importance. When did you last hear Franki-boy say something even remotely witty? -- AJ

For that matter, when did you hear Franky-boy say anything even remotely intelligent? He has become a drone of the left flying about trying to find something to cry about. Gee, we evil Republicans are going to blow his greatest President EVER right out of the water. We're going to turn bare majority in the house into a Republican super-majority and all the wokeness where he absolutely without question believes that 97% of ALL scientists believe in man-made global warming (didn't you know that this latest tornado was because of MMGW?) He believes that all of the tyrannical demands of the Democrats which have accomplished nothing more than if we had done nothing are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

That every day Franks shows himself to be an idiot is not surprising, what is surprising that every once in awhile he stumbles across a correct idea such as not wasting public funds on bicycle paths which absolutely DO NOT increase cycling. And they quite rapidly turn into cracked bumpy paths in which even walkers trip and fall.

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<68d0c348-2600-4a5f-ac70-7bd579c7c322n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47845&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47845

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 10:25:51 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 18:25 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 4:13:53 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>he [Frank Krygowski] absolutely without question believes that 97% of ALL scientists believe in man-made global warming

In my usual diligent manner, unlike the global warmies parroting that empty claim, I went and found the source of that claim and analyzed it for statistical credibility. You'll be shocked at my report, which was published here twice before, in 2009 and 2015. Here it is again, in a thread of its own to let the monkeys have their say.

Andre Jute
It's probably offensive to the idiots on RBT for me to be right so often. Watch me weep!

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<c7e39a8a-a137-48ad-8a63-dfbc1ac52ecen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47869&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47869

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 15:12:30 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:12 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 10:25:53 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 4:13:53 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> >he [Frank Krygowski] absolutely without question believes that 97% of ALL scientists believe in man-made global warming
>
> In my usual diligent manner, unlike the global warmies parroting that empty claim, I went and found the source of that claim and analyzed it for statistical credibility. You'll be shocked at my report, which was published here twice before, in 2009 and 2015. Here it is again, in a thread of its own to let the monkeys have their say.

I looked that up back when Obama was parrotting that noise all over the Lame Stream Media and it turned out to be like less than 100 "scientists" agreed to some silly questions which had no bearing on climate change. And I can't remember a single one of them being climate specialists.

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<d524e02d-d2aa-4871-8ff0-262ec87660b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47871&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47871

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 15:29:41 -0800 (PST)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:29 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 11:12:32 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 10:25:53 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> > On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 4:13:53 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >he [Frank Krygowski] absolutely without question believes that 97% of ALL scientists believe in man-made global warming
> >
> > In my usual diligent manner, unlike the global warmies parroting that empty claim, I went and found the source of that claim and analyzed it for statistical credibility. You'll be shocked at my report, which was published here twice before, in 2009 and 2015. Here it is again, in a thread of its own to let the monkeys have their say.
> I looked that up back when Obama was parrotting that noise all over the Lame Stream Media and it turned out to be like less than 100 "scientists" agreed to some silly questions which had no bearing on climate change. And I can't remember a single one of them being climate specialists.

See https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/fZWgfeCwuDU

She sent out two very suspect questions to 10,000 scientists and got over 3000 responses, of which she elected 75 responses as from "earth-science" "experts". Whoever gave her a master's degree for such a shoddy piece of work is an incompetent and biased disgrace to the teaching profession. Link above to my analysis with a URL to the original report.

Andre Jute
Statistics aren't difficult if you have an open mine, but they're dangerous if you have a political bias.

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<0lqfrg15nmgcg3j6q3hvasu7cqqf9baaug@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47880&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47880

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 07:59:21 +0700
 by: John B. - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 00:59 UTC

On Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:13:50 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, December 12, 2021 at 4:31:43 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:

>> > People are waking up instead of woking up https://humansarefree.com/2021/12/this-is-how-we-win.html
>> .
>> I know we're discussing a serious matter, but I just had to laugh at the neat turn of phrase: "People are waking up instead of woking up..." Well done, Tom! My experience is that people you can't reason with fear nothing more than ridicule and laugher, because they have no sense of humor and an overblown sense of their own importance. When did you last hear Franki-boy say something even remotely witty? -- AJ
>
>For that matter, when did you hear Franky-boy say anything even remotely intelligent? He has become a drone of the left flying about trying to find something to cry about. Gee, we evil Republicans are going to blow his greatest President EVER right out of the water. We're going to turn bare majority in the house into a Republican super-majority and all the wokeness where he absolutely without question believes that 97% of ALL scientists believe in man-made global warming (didn't you know that this latest tornado was because of MMGW?) He believes that all of the tyrannical demands of the Democrats which have accomplished nothing more than if we had done nothing are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
>
>That every day Franks shows himself to be an idiot is not surprising, what is surprising that every once in awhile he stumbles across a correct idea such as not wasting public funds on bicycle paths which absolutely DO NOT increase cycling. And they quite rapidly turn into cracked bumpy paths in which even walkers trip and fall.

Trying to cut through all the feces (socially acceptable term) of
Tommy's comments. Global warming, call it what you will, is happening.
The glaciers are melting and the polar is melting, and the sea is
rising.
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
https://www.nytimes.com/article/climate-change-global-warming-faq.html#link-2bcb067a
https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/basics-of-climate-change/
https://scienceexchange.caltech.edu/topics/sustainability/evidence-climate-change

So the question really is, "Can something be done to combat it?"
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<sp97rk$d20$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47901&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47901

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 23:50:59 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 04:50 UTC

On 12/13/2021 6:12 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 10:25:53 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
>> On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 4:13:53 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> he [Frank Krygowski] absolutely without question believes that 97% of ALL scientists believe in man-made global warming
>>
>> In my usual diligent manner, unlike the global warmies parroting that empty claim, I went and found the source of that claim and analyzed it for statistical credibility. You'll be shocked at my report, which was published here twice before, in 2009 and 2015. Here it is again, in a thread of its own to let the monkeys have their say.
>
> I looked that up back when Obama was parrotting that noise all over the Lame Stream Media and it turned out to be like less than 100 "scientists" agreed to some silly questions which had no bearing on climate change. And I can't remember a single one of them being climate specialists.

:-) "I can't remember..."

Classic!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<9c2ebc4e-e1f4-49c5-92af-a7efd9333759n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47942&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47942

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:39:14 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 18:39 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 3:29:43 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 11:12:32 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > In my usual diligent manner, unlike the global warmies parroting that empty claim, I went and found the source of that claim and analyzed it for statistical credibility. You'll be shocked at my report, which was published here twice before, in 2009 and 2015. Here it is again, in a thread of its own to let the monkeys have their say.
> > I looked that up back when Obama was parrotting that noise all over the Lame Stream Media and it turned out to be like less than 100 "scientists" agreed to some silly questions which had no bearing on climate change. And I can't remember a single one of them being climate specialists.
> >
> See https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/fZWgfeCwuDU
> >
> She sent out two very suspect questions to 10,000 scientists and got over 3000 responses, of which she elected 75 responses as from "earth-science" "experts". Whoever gave her a master's degree for such a shoddy piece of work is an incompetent and biased disgrace to the teaching profession. Link above to my analysis with a URL to the original report.
> >
> Andre Jute
> Statistics aren't difficult if you have an open mine, but they're dangerous if you have a political bias.

One of the things I've often complained about is that too many of these "studies" are incompetent PhD thesis that even their professor hasn't read.

Re: Who will win a new American Civil War?

<41f3756a-52b0-4e2b-8495-0e14ab0abe61n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=47943&group=rec.bicycles.tech#47943

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:40:43 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 18:40 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 8:51:03 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 12/13/2021 6:12 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >>
> >> In my usual diligent manner, unlike the global warmies parroting that empty claim, I went and found the source of that claim and analyzed it for statistical credibility. You'll be shocked at my report, which was published here twice before, in 2009 and 2015. Here it is again, in a thread of its own to let the monkeys have their say.
> >
> > I looked that up back when Obama was parrotting that noise all over the Lame Stream Media and it turned out to be like less than 100 "scientists" agreed to some silly questions which had no bearing on climate change. And I can't remember a single one of them being climate specialists.
> :-) "I can't remember..."
>
> Classic!

I actually looked them up at the time. Tell me what you discovered Frank.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Who will win a new American Civil War?