From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Firebase? Where is your Android cell tower connections log?
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 15:00:15 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 19:00 UTC

In another thread from yesterday...
*What your phone knows about you* by Jeff Layton
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/8czfdx27sKs/>

You can see all the google maps searches you've made, for example:
Settings > Developer options = on
Settings > Google -> Firebase -> Maps ->
<https://i.postimg.cc/nhCCVxmB/mapsloctrack03.jpg> Every map search!

But if you're smart about setting up Android, there's nothing left!
<https://i.postimg.cc/Gh06dWgb/privacy01.jpg>

However...

Jeff and I were disappointed to that there is apparently a log of every one
of our cell tower location pings (where mine went back to at least August).
<https://i.postimg.cc/gcCjHqHg/privacy09.jpg> All cell tower connections

*Where is that log located in the Android Settings?*

I had to use a program to _see_ those logged cell-tower connections.
*NetMonster* by Michal Mrocek (free,adfree)
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.mroczis.netmonster>

Where is the Android all-your-cell-tower-connections database located?

Re: Firebase? Where is your Android cell tower connections log?

<sm0edfrbnud.fsf@lakka.kapsi.fi>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=48339&group=comp.mobile.android#48339

From: anssi.sa...@usenet.mail.kapsi.fi (Anssi Saari)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:35:22 +0200
sha1:yf66xL6l5P4bcd4TR7artmtFlZg=
 by: Anssi Saari - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 12:35 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> writes:

> In another thread from yesterday...
> *What your phone knows about you* by Jeff Layton
> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/8czfdx27sKs/>
>
> You can see all the google maps searches you've made, for example:
> Settings > Developer options = on
> Settings > Google -> Firebase -> Maps ->
> <https://i.postimg.cc/nhCCVxmB/mapsloctrack03.jpg> Every map search!
>
> But if you're smart about setting up Android, there's nothing left!
> <https://i.postimg.cc/Gh06dWgb/privacy01.jpg>

I wasn't able to apply that to my Samsung S21 Ultra. Indeed there's a
log of Maps searches. Although the oldest was from Nov 14 so might be it
keeps a month's worth?

> However...
>
> Jeff and I were disappointed to that there is apparently a log of every one
> of our cell tower location pings (where mine went back to at least August).
> <https://i.postimg.cc/gcCjHqHg/privacy09.jpg> All cell tower connections
>
> *Where is that log located in the Android Settings?*

> I had to use a program to _see_ those logged cell-tower connections.
> *NetMonster* by Michal Mrocek (free,adfree)
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.mroczis.netmonster>
>
> Where is the Android all-your-cell-tower-connections database located?

Here NetMonster only showed one cell tower, the one my phone was
connected to then I presume.

Re: Firebase? Where is your Android cell tower connections log?

<ulanuv$36cds$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=48347&group=comp.mobile.android#48347

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 18:47:59 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 22:47 UTC

Anssi Saari <anssi.saari@usenet.mail.kapsi.fi> wrote

>> But if you're smart about setting up Android, there's nothing left!
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/Gh06dWgb/privacy01.jpg>
>
> I wasn't able to apply that to my Samsung S21 Ultra. Indeed there's a
> log of Maps searches.

Hi Anssi Saari,
Thanks for your input as most people, it seems, are completely unaware of
the horribly detailed (as you are now aware) content inside of Firebase.

Every map search. Every song you played. Every contact. Every app. etc.

> Although the oldest was from Nov 14 so might be it
> keeps a month's worth?

We have had _many_ Firebase discussions but I don't think anyone yet who
has responded in any of those discussions knows how the thing works.

For example, mine went back pretty far in time when I first looked in the
beginning, before I knew about this, but you bring up a good point in that
when the "index is automatically sent", maybe it clears the old index?

The key question is WHO sent that index? And whom did they send it to?
*Firebase is automatically sending detailed updates to whom?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/NK0ZfV9i3CE/>

>> Where is the Android all-your-cell-tower-connections database located?
>
> Here NetMonster only showed one cell tower, the one my phone was
> connected to then I presume.

Thanks for letting me know that NetMonster only showed one tower, but I
think if you turn on logging inside of NetMonster, it will show many more.

You'd have to travel a bit to get more, so that database "may" be only a
database inside of NetMonster where there appears to be a separate database
inside of Android that I haven't yet been able to find the location of.

Thanks for looking though, as I only recommend the best apps (IMHO) so I'm
happy that you tried that app which seems to show (for me) multiple towers.
--
Usenet is a method to meet many good people who are purposefully helpful.