Know Thy User.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

SubjectAuthor
* Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiHere is the News
+* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiAlan
|+* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiJolly Roger
||`* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiKen Blake
|| +* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiFrankie
|| |+* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huaweibadgolferman
|| |`* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiJolly Roger
|| | `- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei*Hemidactylus*
|| +- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiJolly Roger
|| +- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huaweisms
|| +- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huaweisms
|| +* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiNoBody
|| |`* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiJolly Roger
|| | `- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiPeter
|| `* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiNewyana2
||  +- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiJolly Roger
||  `* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huaweisms
||   `* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huaweibadgolferman
||    `* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huaweisms
||     `* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiAndy Burns
||      +- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiAlan Browne
||      `- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huaweisms
|`- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiAnonymous
+- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiJerry Imoglio
+* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiAllodoxaphobia
|`* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei*Hemidactylus*
| +* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huaweibadgolferman
| |`* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei*Hemidactylus*
| | +* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huaweibadgolferman
| | |+* Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei*Hemidactylus*
| | |`- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiJolly Roger
| | `- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiSiri Cruise
| `- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiAnonymous
`- Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose HuaweiGovernor Swill

Pages:12
Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo4llr$3mtjj$4@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49116&group=comp.mobile.android#49116

From: new...@here.anon (Here is the News)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose
Huawei
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:20:57 -0500
 by: Here is the News - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 01:20 UTC

https://dailystormer.in/apple-offering-rare-discount-on-iphones-in-china-as-people-choose-huawei/

Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

Andrew Anglin
January 15, 2024

Apple is in dire straits.

There are 1.5 billion people in China. China is a very rich country, where,
unlike in the United States or Europe, everyone can afford a new iPhone
every year or two.

They used to buy them, but they don't anymore, because the US is a hostile
country and using an iPhone is increasingly being viewed as very
unpatriotic.

Reuters:

https://www.reuters.com/technology/apple-offers-iphone-15-rare-discount-china-competition-intensifies-2024-01-15/

> Apple is offering rare discounts on its iPhones in China, cutting retail
> prices by as much as 500 yuan ($70) amid growing competitive pressure in
> the world's biggest smartphone market.
>
> The U.S. tech giant cut prices of some iPhones by 5%, its Chinese website
> showed on Monday. The time-limited promotion, branded as a Lunar New Year
> event, will last from Jan. 18 through Jan. 21 in a lead-up to the holiday
> in mid-February.
>
> Sales of Apple's latest iPhone 15 series of handsets have been far worse
> than previous models in China.
>
> Home-grown rivals such as Huawei Technologies and Xiaomi offer competitive
> models, while sources have said some companies and government departments
> have been limiting staffers' use of Apple devices - mirroring U.S.
> government restrictions of Chinese apps on security grounds.
>
> Chinese iPhone sales dropped 30% in the first week of 2024 versus the same
> period a year earlier, Jefferies analysts said in a client note, having
> fallen 3% for all of 2023. Analysts expect the competitive landscape to
> get tougher this year.
>
> Apple has not cut prices for its latest iPhones in years. The cuts come
> after it surprised the market by not raising prices for the iPhone 15
> series at its September launch.

Along with increasing problems selling their overpriced phones, Apple has
totally failed to innovate during the 15 years since the death of Steve
Jobs.

I don't think very many people are going to buy their $3,500 VR headset.
Frankly, I don't even believe it is going to work very well. I haven't seen
any reason to believe that it doesn't cause the same problems with nausea as
every other VR headset.

A botched launch of the headset could signal a downward spiral for one of
the last great American companies.

Frankly, I am a bit excited to try it. They are doing free trials in Apple
stores starting February 2.

But even if it does work, Huawei will just introduce a better version of it
at a third of the price in a year from now.

Elvis Dunderhoff contributed to this article.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo4uc7$19q3j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49120&group=comp.mobile.android#49120

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Huawei
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 19:49:26 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 03:49 UTC

On 2024-01-15 17:20, Here is the News wrote:

> China is a very rich country, where,
> unlike in the United States or Europe, everyone can afford a new iPhone
> every year or two.
How high were you when wrote this?

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<i6wpN.45600$24ld.26404@fx07.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49126&group=comp.mobile.android#49126

Huawei
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
From: jer...@jernutsservice.com (Jerry Imoglio)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 09:09:18 -0500
 by: Jerry Imoglio - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 14:09 UTC

On 2024-01-15 20:20, Here is the News wrote:
> https://dailystormer.in/

You need a better news source ...

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<slrnuqd3nq.na8.trepidation@vps.jonz.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49127&group=comp.mobile.android#49127

From: trepidat...@example.net (Allodoxaphobia)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People
Choose Huawei
Date: 16 Jan 2024 14:13:15 GMT
 by: Allodoxaphobia - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 14:13 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:20:57 -0500, Here is the News wrote:
> https://dailystormer...........................
> Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

WTF does this have to do with comp.mobile.android ?!?!?!?!!

*plonk*

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<l0nqalF9iu1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49132&group=comp.mobile.android#49132

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Choose Huawei
Date: 16 Jan 2024 16:48:21 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 16:48 UTC

On 2024-01-16, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2024-01-15 17:20, Here is the News wrote:
>
>> China is a very rich country, where, unlike in the United States or
>> Europe, everyone can afford a new iPhone every year or two.
>
> How high were you when wrote this?

Meanwhile, here's the new this dip shit troll definitely doesn't want
you to know:

Apple tops Samsung for first time in global smartphone shipments

<https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/16/24039830/apple-bestselling-phone-manufacturer-2023-samsung-idc-canalys-research>

For the first time ever, Apple beat out Samsung to ship the most
smartphones in a year according to IDC’s Worldwide Quarterly Mobile
Phone Tracker. Although IDC cautions that its data is preliminary and
subject to change, a second research agency, Canalys, also has Apple
taking its top spot for all of 2023. IDC has Apple’s total mobile
shipments at 234.6 million, versus 226.6 million for Samsung. Xiaomi,
Oppo, and Transsion round out the top five with 145.9, 103.1 and 94.9
million smartphones shipped, respectively.

IDC notes that the last time Samsung wasn’t on top of the annual board
was 13 years ago in 2010. Back then Apple didn’t even feature in the top
five. Instead it was Nokia in first place, Samsung in second, LG
Electronics in third, ZTE in fourth, and Research in Motion
(manufacturers of BlackBerry devices) in fifth. If you needed any
evidence that 13 years is a long time in the smartphone industry, then
this list of companies would be it.

“Not only is Apple the only player in the Top 3 to show positive growth
annually, but also bags the number 1 spot annually for the first time
ever,” said IDC’s Worldwide Tracker team research director Nabila Popal.
“Apple’s ongoing success and resilience is in large part due to the
increasing trend of premium devices, which now represent over 20% of the
market, fueled by aggressive trade-in offers and interest-free financing
plans.”

Although IDC notes that Apple played a key part in knocking Samsung off
the top spot, the company also saw intense competition from other
Android manufacturers like Huawei, OnePlus, Honor, and Google. It’s not
just Samsung that is being challenged by these companies, Canalys notes
that Huawei’s “improving strength” could also be a problem for Apple’s
growth in the Chinese market. Last year reports emerged that Huawei had
managed to overcome US sanctions and build an advanced 7nm processor
from Chinese chipmaker Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp.
(SMIC) into its Mate 60 Pro smartphone capable of 5G speeds.

While overall smartphone shipments declined 3.2 percent in 2023 versus
2022, there are signs that the market might be recovering from its
recent slump. IDC reports that shipments grew 8.5 percent year-on-year
in the fourth quarter, while Canalys has it growing 8 percent after
seven straight quarters of declines.

JR

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<l2ddqi9pj6naq690j9kn6vgmh20gqv2np6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49133&group=comp.mobile.android#49133

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 09:59:05 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 16:59 UTC

On 16 Jan 2024 16:48:21 GMT, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

>On 2024-01-16, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-01-15 17:20, Here is the News wrote:
>>
>>> China is a very rich country, where, unlike in the United States or
>>> Europe, everyone can afford a new iPhone every year or two.
>>
>> How high were you when wrote this?
>
>Meanwhile, here's the new this dip shit troll definitely doesn't want
>you to know:
>
>Apple tops Samsung for first time in global smartphone shipments
>
><https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/16/24039830/apple-bestselling-phone-manufacturer-2023-samsung-idc-canalys-research>

A relatively minor point, but I don't think comparing the number of
Apple iPhone shipments can be meaningfully compared to the number of
shipments of an individual Android phone manufacturer. To me, what
would be more interesting would be the number of iPhone shipments
compared to the total number of all Android phone shipments.

On the other hand, I really don't care a lot about any such
comparisons. I'm happy with my Android phone. If others prefer
iPhones, so be it.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo6l5b$tbs$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49142&group=comp.mobile.android#49142

From: fran...@nospam.usa (Frankie)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:24:27 -0600
 by: Frankie - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 19:24 UTC

On 16/1/2024, Ken Blake wrote:

> A relatively minor point, but I don't think comparing the number of
> Apple iPhone shipments can be meaningfully compared to the number of
> shipments of an individual Android phone manufacturer. To me, what
> would be more interesting would be the number of iPhone shipments
> compared to the total number of all Android phone shipments.

Apple owners who crow about the "brand" are different than Android owners
(who don't usually care what Android brand gets their hard-earned money).

The main difference is Android owners didn't buy their brand because
someone else told them to nor did they do it to fit into the hip crowd.

Marketing didn't unduly influence the Android owner like it does Apple
users because the Android owner bought based on price performance ratios.

> On the other hand, I really don't care a lot about any such
> comparisons. I'm happy with my Android phone. If others prefer
> iPhones, so be it.

You don't revere the maker of the phone like it's some sort of cult hero.

They do.

That's why they're always seeking affirmation they chose the right cult.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo6mll$irn4$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49144&group=comp.mobile.android#49144

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as
People Choose Huawei
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 19:50:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 19:50 UTC

Frankie <frankie@nospam.usa> wrote:
> On 16/1/2024, Ken Blake wrote:
>
>> A relatively minor point, but I don't think comparing the number of
>> Apple iPhone shipments can be meaningfully compared to the number of
>> shipments of an individual Android phone manufacturer. To me, what
>> would be more interesting would be the number of iPhone shipments
>> compared to the total number of all Android phone shipments.
>
> Apple owners who crow about the "brand" are different than Android owners
> (who don't usually care what Android brand gets their hard-earned money).
>
> The main difference is Android owners didn't buy their brand because
> someone else told them to nor did they do it to fit into the hip crowd.
>
> Marketing didn't unduly influence the Android owner like it does Apple
> users because the Android owner bought based on price performance ratios.
>
>> On the other hand, I really don't care a lot about any such
>> comparisons. I'm happy with my Android phone. If others prefer
>> iPhones, so be it.
>
> You don't revere the maker of the phone like it's some sort of cult hero.
>
> They do.
>
> That's why they're always seeking affirmation they chose the right cult.

Three years ago when I bought my son a new phone for Christmas, I suggested
the Google Pixel since he hated all the bloatware that came with the
previous Samsungs he’s had. He’s been quite happy with the Pixel mainly for
that reason. Maybe Google copied that same concept from Apple…

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo6uol$2p3l$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49149&group=comp.mobile.android#49149

From: fran...@nospam.usa (Frankie)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 16:08:21 -0600
 by: Frankie - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 22:08 UTC

On 16/1/2024, badgolferman wrote:

>> You don't revere the maker of the phone like it's some sort of cult hero.
>>
>> They do.
>>
>> That's why they're always seeking affirmation they chose the right cult.
>>

> Three years ago when I bought my son a new phone for Christmas, I suggested
> the Google Pixel since he hated all the bloatware that came with the
> previous Samsungs he's had.

Apple iPhones come with bloatware also, just not as much as Android phones
do, but on Android it only takes a few minutes to remove ALL the bloatware.

The difference is ALL apps (yes, every single one!) can be removed from the
user space on Android (even the default system apps) on non-rooted devices.
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+remove+samsung+bloatware+without+root

> He's been quite happy with the Pixel mainly for that reason.

On iOS, you're stuck with the bloat because much of it can't be removed.
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+remove+iphone+bloatware+without+jailbreaking

> Maybe Google copied that same concept from Apple...

The main difference between many Android & Apple users is the Android users
typically choose any particular brand based on current price:performance
metrics (which change as each year Android gets cheaper, safer and better).

The typical Apple user chose the brand more out of a cult-like adherence to
what everyone around them uses, and once they've been sucked into the
walled garden, they can't leave because outside the garden is hell on earth
(which these types of people can't handle because they don't like change).

With that main distinction between the users being made, I like that there
is competition for Android & iOS alike as it keeps both on their toes.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo6vi9$2vlv$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49150&group=comp.mobile.android#49150

From: and...@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 22:22:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:BWuiv/Ndk0cWhMStiRmShDzaSmM= sha256:sW7FfkA3kbPJDID7XPfyq/FySmPY5OnjdpKVQXa2hFg=
 by: Andrew - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 22:22 UTC

badgolferman wrote on Tue, 16 Jan 2024 19:50:13 -0000 (UTC) :

> Three years ago when I bought my son a new phone for Christmas, I suggested
> the Google Pixel since he hated all the bloatware that came with the
> previous Samsungs he's had. He's been quite happy with the Pixel mainly for
> that reason. Maybe Google copied that same concept from Apple...

While classic bloatware on your son's Samsung might be "Samsung Internet"
(which is set up as the default web browser) that same bloat is on iOS.
https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/7mu0a5/help_removing_system_bloatware_from_ios_934_any/

The difference is on Android you can remove all that Samsung bloatware.
https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-galaxy-apps-can-be-deleted-smartphone/

An example is you can consider "Chrome" on every Android to be bloatware,
which you can remove & replace it with a suitable browser on your terms.

On iOS, can you remove Safari?

On Android, all the bloat can be removed. On iOS, not much can be removed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/mv9h90/what_are_the_bloatware_on_ios/

But it seems to be getting better as Apple is following Android's lead.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7203502?sortBy=best

Maybe Apple copied that same de-bloating concept from Android... :->
https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/06/16/apples-ios-16-lets-you-remove-29-stock-apps

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<l0og58FdokfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49152&group=comp.mobile.android#49152

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Choose Huawei
Date: 16 Jan 2024 23:00:57 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 23:00 UTC

On 2024-01-16, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote:
> On 16 Jan 2024 16:48:21 GMT, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> How high were you when wrote this?
>>
>>Meanwhile, here's the new this dip shit troll definitely doesn't want
>>you to know:
>>
>>Apple tops Samsung for first time in global smartphone shipments
>>
>><https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/16/24039830/apple-bestselling-phone-manufacturer-2023-samsung-idc-canalys-research>
>
> A relatively minor point, but I don't think comparing the number of
> Apple iPhone shipments can be meaningfully compared to the number of
> shipments of an individual Android phone manufacturer.

Yes, I'm sure you don't. Nevertheless, it's meaningful enough to be in
the news.

> On the other hand, I really don't care a lot about any such
> comparisons.

Me neither, and the only reason I made note of it is due to this obvious
troll thread.

JR

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<l0og85FdokfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49153&group=comp.mobile.android#49153

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Choose Huawei
Date: 16 Jan 2024 23:02:29 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 23:02 UTC

On 2024-01-16, Frankie <frankie@nospam.usa> wrote:
> On 16/1/2024, Ken Blake wrote:
>
>> A relatively minor point, but I don't think comparing the number of
>> Apple iPhone shipments can be meaningfully compared to the number of
>> shipments of an individual Android phone manufacturer. To me, what
>> would be more interesting would be the number of iPhone shipments
>> compared to the total number of all Android phone shipments.
>
> Apple owners who crow about the "brand" are different than Android
> owners (who don't usually care what Android brand gets their
> hard-earned money).

Yes, they care much more about Apple, which explains the obvious troll
OP from an Android user.

> That's why they're always seeking affirmation

Is that why this thread was started by an Apple-hating troll?

You guys are projecting as usual.

JR

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<hjeeqipbcqjhqaec46n9bvo3fjujrg57c4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49161&group=comp.mobile.android#49161

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 21:25:11 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 02:25 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:20:57 -0500, Here is the News <news@here.anon> wrote:

>unlike in the United States or Europe, everyone can afford a new iPhone
>every year or two.

*click*

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<_pednWKz9bjj3jr4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49163&group=comp.mobile.android#49163

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
People Choose Huawei
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:03:26 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:03 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2024-01-16, Frankie <frankie@nospam.usa> wrote:
>> On 16/1/2024, Ken Blake wrote:
>>
>>> A relatively minor point, but I don't think comparing the number of
>>> Apple iPhone shipments can be meaningfully compared to the number of
>>> shipments of an individual Android phone manufacturer. To me, what
>>> would be more interesting would be the number of iPhone shipments
>>> compared to the total number of all Android phone shipments.
>>
>> Apple owners who crow about the "brand" are different than Android
>> owners (who don't usually care what Android brand gets their
>> hard-earned money).
>
> Yes, they care much more about Apple, which explains the obvious troll
> OP from an Android user.
>
>> That's why they're always seeking affirmation
>
> Is that why this thread was started by an Apple-hating troll?
>
> You guys are projecting as usual.

Wait let’s back up the fucking truck and run the OP over. This was the site
cited:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Stormer

It was crossposted to an Android and Limbaugh group. The latter is not
surprising in the least.

So this was alt.right fanfiction from the get-go?

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<DJKcneW8kKSg2Dr4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49165&group=comp.mobile.android#49165

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
People Choose Huawei
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:10:53 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:10 UTC

Allodoxaphobia <trepidation@example.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:20:57 -0500, Here is the News wrote:
>> https://dailystormer...........................
>> Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei
>
> WTF does this have to do with comp.mobile.android ?!?!?!?!!
>
> *plonk*

It’s crossposted perhaps from alt.fan.rush-limbaugh. Limbaugh’s grave is a
proper site for a latrine. The rest of the smartphone groups shouldn’t have
to suffer that dead fool’s fanboys. Dailystormer? It fits with that
demographic, knuckledragging trumpenproles.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo7h0j$i5lr$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49166&group=comp.mobile.android#49166

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
People Choose Huawei
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:19:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:19 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> Allodoxaphobia <trepidation@example.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:20:57 -0500, Here is the News wrote:
>>> https://dailystormer...........................
>>> Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei
>>
>> WTF does this have to do with comp.mobile.android ?!?!?!?!!
>>
>> *plonk*
>>
> It’s crossposted perhaps from alt.fan.rush-limbaugh. Limbaugh’s grave is a
> proper site for a latrine. The rest of the smartphone groups shouldn’t have
> to suffer that dead fool’s fanboys. Dailystormer? It fits with that
> demographic, knuckledragging trumpenproles.

Limbaugh was an Apple fan. He admired Steve Jobs and had Apple products.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<3PWcndE6D_cK1Tr4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49167&group=comp.mobile.android#49167

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
People Choose Huawei
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:25:11 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:25 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
>> Allodoxaphobia <trepidation@example.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> WTF does this have to do with comp.mobile.android ?!?!?!?!!
>>>
>>> *plonk*
>>>
>> It’s crossposted perhaps from alt.fan.rush-limbaugh. Limbaugh’s grave is a
>> proper site for a latrine. The rest of the smartphone groups shouldn’t have
>> to suffer that dead fool’s fanboys. Dailystormer? It fits with that
>> demographic, knuckledragging trumpenproles.
>>

> Limbaugh was an Apple fan. He admired Steve Jobs and had Apple products.

What would he think of Dailystormer?

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo7i23$i6p4$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49168&group=comp.mobile.android#49168

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
People Choose Huawei
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:37:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:37 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:

>> Limbaugh was an Apple fan. He admired Steve Jobs and had Apple products.
>>
> What would he think of Dailystormer?

Not much, but that’s beside the point.

He admired Apple products because they were the brainchild of American
ingenuity and a great example of capitalism in action. Whoever crossposted
to that newsgroup probably knew that.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo7k9a$3voe2$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49169&group=comp.mobile.android#49169

From: ano...@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
Huawei
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 23:15:34 -0500
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 04:15 UTC

*Hemidactylus* wrote:
> Allodoxaphobia <trepidation@example.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:20:57 -0500, Here is the News wrote:
>>> https://dailystormer...........................
>>> Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei
>>
>> WTF does this have to do with comp.mobile.android ?!?!?!?!!
>>
>> *plonk*
>>
> It’s crossposted perhaps from alt.fan.rush-limbaugh. Limbaugh’s grave is a
> proper site for a latrine. The rest of the smartphone groups shouldn’t have
> to suffer that dead fool’s fanboys. Dailystormer? It fits with that
> demographic, knuckledragging trumpenproles.

Rush Limbaugh was a big fan of Apple.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo7msr$3vv0c$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49173&group=comp.mobile.android#49173

From: ano...@anon.net (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Huawei
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 00:00:09 -0500
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 05:00 UTC

Alan wrote:
> On 2024-01-15 17:20, Here is the News wrote:
>
>> China is a very rich country, where,
>> unlike in the United States or Europe, everyone can afford a new iPhone
>> every year or two.
> How high were you when wrote this?

United States GDP figures are fake and gay.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<D2GdnXJxtYFw_Tr4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49174&group=comp.mobile.android#49174

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 05:09:01 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 05:09 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Limbaugh was an Apple fan. He admired Steve Jobs and had Apple products.
>>>
>> What would he think of Dailystormer?
>>

> Not much, but that’s beside the point.
>
> He admired Apple products because they were the brainchild of American
> ingenuity and a great example of capitalism in action. Whoever crossposted
> to that newsgroup probably knew that.

The same who used Dailystormer as a source? So seriously…we are going to
overlook that because our misplaced love for a right wing loon who happened
to admire Jobs. You seriously couldn’t make this shit up if you tried. But
here it is.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo7oih$1s7q7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49175&group=comp.mobile.android#49175

Followup: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
Huawei
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 21:28:49 -0800
 by: Siri Cruise - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 05:28 UTC

*Hemidactylus* wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:

>>> It’s crossposted perhaps from alt.fan.rush-limbaugh. Limbaugh’s grave is a
>>> proper site for a latrine. The rest of the smartphone groups shouldn’t have
>>> to suffer that dead fool’s fanboys. Dailystormer? It fits with that
>>> demographic, knuckledragging trumpenproles.
>>>

>> Limbaugh was an Apple fan. He admired Steve Jobs and had Apple products.
>>
> What would he think of Dailystormer?

Mere amateurs.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<uo8fbj$ilhk$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49189&group=comp.mobile.android#49189

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
People Choose Huawei
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:57:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:57 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> What would he think of Dailystormer?
>>>

>> Not much, but that’s beside the point.
>>
>> He admired Apple products because they were the brainchild of American
>> ingenuity and a great example of capitalism in action. Whoever crossposted
>> to that newsgroup probably knew that.
>>
> The same who used Dailystormer as a source? So seriously…we are going to
> overlook that because our misplaced love for a right wing loon who happened
> to admire Jobs. You seriously couldn’t make this shit up if you tried. But
> here it is.

I’m just pointing out you and Limbaugh have something in common.

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<l0qankFpqvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49199&group=comp.mobile.android#49199

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
Choose Huawei
Date: 17 Jan 2024 15:40:37 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 15:40 UTC

On 2024-01-17, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> Limbaugh was an Apple fan. He admired Steve Jobs and had Apple
>>> products.
>>>
>> What would he think of Dailystormer?
>
> Not much, but that’s beside the point.

It very much *is* the point.

JR

Re: Apple Offering Rare Discount on iPhones in China as People Choose Huawei

<l0qapjFpqvU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49200&group=comp.mobile.android#49200

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,comp.mobile.android
Choose Huawei
Date: 17 Jan 2024 15:41:39 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 15:41 UTC

On 2024-01-17, *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> What would he think of Dailystormer?
>>
>> Not much, but that’s beside the point.
>>
>> He admired Apple products because they were the brainchild of
>> American ingenuity and a great example of capitalism in action.
>> Whoever crossposted to that newsgroup probably knew that.
>>
> The same who used Dailystormer as a source? So seriously…we are going
> to overlook that because our misplaced love for a right wing loon who
> happened to admire Jobs. You seriously couldn’t make this shit up if
> you tried. But here it is.

His trolls are always this weak.

JR