"Just Say No." - Nancy Reagan "No." - Ronald Reagan

tech / rec.crafts.metalworking / Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

SubjectAuthor
* Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironColin
`* Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironJim Wilkins
 `* Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironCorvid
  +* Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironJames Waldby
  |`* Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironJim Wilkins
  | +* Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironDavid Billington
  | |`* Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironJames Waldby
  | | +- Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironJim Wilkins
  | | `* Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironDavid Billington
  | |  `- Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironJim Wilkins
  | +* Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironClifford Heath
  | |`- Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironJim Wilkins
  | `* Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironCorvid
  |  `- Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironJim Wilkins
  `- Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet ironJohn Doe

1
Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<169e08e2311e887a$1$1249989$4296da03@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4912&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4912

Followup: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron
From: 0f850390...@example.com (Colin)
Sender: Colin <0f8503901d844703eea1acecb7a4938a_2780@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 20:18:02 +0000
 by: Colin - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 20:18 UTC

Hi there, I'm trying to find if I can drop molten metals onto metal sheet, I'm
thinking aluminum or copper on to an iron sheet and have them adhear? Any help
and guidance much appreciated

who knows

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalworking/adhering-other-metal-molts-to-sheet-iron-652182-.htm

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg15s5$o2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4914&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4914

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:01:27 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 22:01 UTC

"Colin" wrote in message

Hi there, I'm trying to find if I can drop molten metals onto metal sheet,
I'm
thinking aluminum or copper on to an iron sheet and have them adhear? Any
help
and guidance much appreciated

who knows

--
for full context, visit
https://www.polytechforum.com/metalworking/adhering-other-metal-molts-to-sheet-iron-652182-.htm

--------------------

Combinations that can be joined by brazing might work if protected from
oxygen by flux, inert shielding gas or a reducing flame, however in air the
oxide keeps copper from sticking to iron and vice versa.
https://itstillruns.com/welders-helper-copper-weld-spoon-4821642.html

Even blobs of molten steel don't always stick very hard to the hot metal
around the weld. I can usually chip them off with a chisel.
https://weldingtroop.com/weld-spatter/
In the title picture the blobs that stick tight are low domes instead of
balls.

I TIG welded a corrosion cell pinhole in a cheap (Walmart) stainless steel
kettle by resting the hole on a supported piece of copper pipe scrap. The
area is discolored but watertight. Though I wouldn't cook food in it, the
repair is fine for heating laundry water on the wood stove.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg1877$1i9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4915&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4915

From: bl...@ckbirds.net (Corvid)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:41:43 -0700
 by: Corvid - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 22:41 UTC

On 8/23/21 3:01 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "Colin"  wrote in message
>
> Hi there, I'm trying to find if I can drop molten metals onto metal
> sheet, I'm
> thinking aluminum or copper on to an iron sheet and have them adhear?
> Any help
> and guidance much appreciated
>
> who knows

And what did Jim write???

If he'd snipped Colin's sig line, instead of adding his own text below
it, it would be here in Thunderbird's compose window.

And before this, it would have shown in dark, crisp text in T'bird's
messsage pane, instead of the same pale gray as Colin's sig.

I didn't bother trying to read it.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg19d9$b09$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4916&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4916

From: j-wal...@no.no (James Waldby)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 23:02:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Waldby - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 23:02 UTC

Corvid <bl@ckbirds.net> wrote:
> On 8/23/21 3:01 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>> "Colin"  wrote in message
>>
>> Hi there, I'm trying to find if I can drop molten metals onto metal
>> sheet, I'm
>> thinking aluminum or copper on to an iron sheet and have them adhear?
>> Any help
>> and guidance much appreciated
>>
>> who knows
>
> And what did Jim write???
>
> If he'd snipped Colin's sig line, instead of adding his own text below
> it, it would be here in Thunderbird's compose window.
>
> And before this, it would have shown in dark, crisp text in T'bird's
> messsage pane, instead of the same pale gray as Colin's sig.
>
> I didn't bother trying to read it.

I've seen that problem with Jim's posts also. His `Microsoft Windows
Live Mail` newsreader probably is set up incorrectly, or of course
might not conform to newsgroup standards, or he might be pushing the
wrong buttons to start a reply. Anyhow, some newsreaders (eg Tin)
show signature text (which is where his text shows up) automatically,
and some (eg Pan) can be set up to not automatically cut the signature
text.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg1e28$4li$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4918&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4918

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 20:21:14 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 00:21 UTC

"James Waldby" wrote in message news:sg19d9$b09$1@dont-email.me...

I've seen that problem with Jim's posts also. His `Microsoft Windows
Live Mail` newsreader probably is set up incorrectly, or of course
might not conform to newsgroup standards, or he might be pushing the
wrong buttons to start a reply. Anyhow, some newsreaders (eg Tin)
show signature text (which is where his text shows up) automatically,
and some (eg Pan) can be set up to not automatically cut the signature
text.

-----------------------------

Whatever the issue, I haven't found a menu choice that appears able to
change how Live Mail handles my postings. I tried Thunderbird first but
couldn't get it to work with the Eternal September newsreader.

How much do you expect from a "broken" (and fixed) $5 fleamarket laptop
running W7? I'm not going to pay to be abused when I try to help.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg1gqg$h24$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4919&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4919

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,free.spam
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 01:08:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 01:08 UTC

A weird nym-shifting troll, usually "Corvid" (also "Charger Boy", see sci.electronics.repair)...

see also...
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=b6rvid?= <bl@ckbirds.org>
=?UTF-8?B?8J+QriBDb3dzIGFyZSBOaWNlIPCfkK4=?= <nice@cows.moo>
Banders <snap@mailchute.com>
Covid-19 <always.look@message.header>
Corvid <bl@ckbirds.net>
Corvid <bl@ckbirds.org>
Cows Are Nice <cows@nice.moo>
Cows are nice <moo@cows.org>
Cows are Nice <nice@cows.moo>
dogs <dogs@home.com>
Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99@gmail.com>
Great Pumpkin <pumpkin@patch.net>
Jose Curvo <jcurvo@mymail.com>
Local Favorite <how2recycle@palomar.info>
Sea <freshness@coast.org>
Standard Poodle <standard@poodle.com>
triangles <build@home.com>
and others...

--
Corvid <bl@ckbirds.net> wrote:

> From: Corvid <bl@ckbirds.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
> Subject: Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron
> Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:41:43 -0700
>
> On 8/23/21 3:01 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>> "Colin"�� wrote in message
>>
>> Hi there, I'm trying to find if I can drop molten metals onto metal
>> sheet, I'm
>> thinking aluminum or copper on to an iron sheet and have them adhear?
>> Any help
>> and guidance much appreciated
>>
>> who knows
>
> And what did Jim write???
>
> If he'd snipped Colin's sig line, instead of adding his own text below
> it, it would be here in Thunderbird's compose window.
>
> And before this, it would have shown in dark, crisp text in T'bird's
> messsage pane, instead of the same pale gray as Colin's sig.
>
> I didn't bother trying to read it.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg1gvn$idn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4920&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4920

From: djb...@invalid.com (David Billington)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 02:11:19 +0100
 by: David Billington - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 01:11 UTC

On 24/08/2021 01:21, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "James Waldby"  wrote in message news:sg19d9$b09$1@dont-email.me...
>
> I've seen that problem with Jim's posts also.  His `Microsoft Windows
> Live Mail` newsreader probably is set up incorrectly, or of course
> might not conform to newsgroup standards, or he might be pushing the
> wrong buttons to start a reply.  Anyhow, some newsreaders (eg Tin)
> show signature text (which is where his text shows up) automatically,
> and some (eg Pan) can be set up to not automatically cut the signature
> text.
>
> -----------------------------
>
> Whatever the issue, I haven't found a menu choice that appears able to
> change how Live Mail handles my postings. I tried Thunderbird first
> but couldn't get it to work with the Eternal September newsreader.
>
> How much do you expect from a "broken" (and fixed) $5 fleamarket
> laptop running W7?  I'm not going to pay to be abused when I try to help.

What do you mean by 'Eternal September newsreader' as I'm posting this
reply using Thunderbird and Linux with Eternal September and have never
had any issues except I've always noted the display problems with your
postings being greyed but still readable.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<169e1e208e4e1424$1$1381457$64dd6e6a@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4921&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4921

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
From: no.s...@please.net (Clifford Heath)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:47:20 +1000
 by: Clifford Heath - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 02:47 UTC

On 24/8/21 10:21 am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "James Waldby"  wrote in message news:sg19d9$b09$1@dont-email.me...
>
> I've seen that problem with Jim's posts also.  His `Microsoft Windows
> Live Mail` newsreader probably is set up incorrectly, or of course
> might not conform to newsgroup standards, or he might be pushing the
> wrong buttons to start a reply.  Anyhow, some newsreaders (eg Tin)
> show signature text (which is where his text shows up) automatically,
> and some (eg Pan) can be set up to not automatically cut the signature
> text.
>
> -----------------------------
>
> Whatever the issue, I haven't found a menu choice that appears able to
> change how Live Mail handles my postings

All you have to do is to delete or indent any line in the quoted text
that starts with two minus signs. That's the marker that says "my
signature block starts here". You don't have to change newsreader to do
that - just try to remember to do it.

CH

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg1n2k$dtm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4922&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4922

From: j-wal...@no.no (James Waldby)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 02:55:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Waldby - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 02:55 UTC

David Billington <djb@invalid.com> wrote:
> On 24/08/2021 01:21, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>> "James Waldby"  wrote in message news:sg19d9$b09$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>> I've seen that problem with Jim's posts also.  His `Microsoft Windows
>> Live Mail` newsreader probably is set up incorrectly, or of course
>> might not conform to newsgroup standards, or he might be pushing the
>> wrong buttons to start a reply.  Anyhow, some newsreaders (eg Tin)
>> show signature text (which is where his text shows up) automatically,
>> and some (eg Pan) can be set up to not automatically cut the signature
>> text.
>>
>> -----------------------------
>>
>> Whatever the issue, I haven't found a menu choice that appears able to
>> change how Live Mail handles my postings. I tried Thunderbird first
>> but couldn't get it to work with the Eternal September newsreader.
>>
>> How much do you expect from a "broken" (and fixed) $5 fleamarket
>> laptop running W7?  I'm not going to pay to be abused when I try to help.

I don't think anyone's ever had to pay to be abused in the news
groups, that's always been provided free.

$5 fixable laptop sounds ok, probably worth the electricity to run it
if it stays virus free and isn't too sluggish and has an ok screen and
keyboard.

> What do you mean by 'Eternal September newsreader' as I'm posting this
> reply using Thunderbird and Linux with Eternal September and have never
> had any issues except I've always noted the display problems with your
> postings being greyed but still readable.

It's interesting you got Thunderbird / Linux / Eternal September to
work ok. I tried that combination a year ago, and don't remember
specific problems with it except maybe kill files didn't work? With
Pan, kill files work ok (so I use it to read news) but for the past
year it's had posting authentication problems and I use Tin to post.
Tin is supposed to have kill files and scoring which I set up but they
seem to do nothing.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg1ue2$lq2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4923&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4923

From: bl...@ckbirds.net (Corvid)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 22:00:49 -0700
 by: Corvid - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 05:00 UTC

On 8/23/21 5:21 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "James Waldby" wrote in message news:sg19d9$b09$1@dont-email.me...
>
> I've seen that problem with Jim's posts also. His `Microsoft Windows
> Live Mail` newsreader probably is set up incorrectly, or of course
> might not conform to newsgroup standards, or he might be pushing the
> wrong buttons to start a reply. Anyhow, some newsreaders (eg Tin)
> show signature text (which is where his text shows up) automatically,
> and some (eg Pan) can be set up to not automatically cut the
> signature text.
>
> -----------------------------
>
> Whatever the issue, I haven't found a menu choice that appears able
> to change how Live Mail handles my postings. I tried Thunderbird
> first but couldn't get it to work with the Eternal September
> newsreader.
>
> How much do you expect from a "broken" (and fixed) $5 fleamarket
> laptop running W7? I'm not going to pay to be abused when I try to
> help.

It's the dash-dash-space thing, which says everything that follows is a
sig. You could put your text ABOVE the dash-dash-space thing, and it
wouldn't get stripped away. Or just delete the dash-dash-space thing.

No abuse intended.
I almost always read your posts, and I'm hoping you'll make this small
change. This monitor that I'm using is a crummy TN panel, with bad color
shift when things aren't close to screen center. Your post, in faded
gray along the bottom, almost disappears into the background.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg2ib5$utu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4924&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4924

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 06:40:24 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 10:40 UTC

"Clifford Heath" wrote in message

On 24/8/21 10:21 am, Jim Wilkins wrote:

All you have to do is to delete or indent any line in the quoted text
that starts with two minus signs. That's the marker that says "my
signature block starts here". You don't have to change newsreader to do
that - just try to remember to do it.

CH

------------------------

Thanks for providing a definite solution instead of just complaining. I've
done that a few times but never received any feedback on how it works on
others' newsreaders.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg2oq1$f08$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4925&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4925

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 08:30:44 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:30 UTC

"James Waldby" wrote in message news:sg1n2k$dtm$1@dont-email.me...

$5 fixable laptop sounds ok, probably worth the electricity to run it
if it stays virus free and isn't too sluggish and has an ok screen and
keyboard.

It's interesting you [DB] got Thunderbird / Linux / Eternal September to
work ok. I tried that combination a year ago, and don't remember
specific problems with it except maybe kill files didn't work? With
Pan, kill files work ok (so I use it to read news) but for the past
year it's had posting authentication problems and I use Tin to post.
Tin is supposed to have kill files and scoring which I set up but they
seem to do nothing.

-----------------------------

The $5 laptop is a Dell D630, a high end business model from ~2010, with a
2.4 GHz Penryn CPU and mobo graphics that don't overheat like the Nvidia
'upgrade'. For what I do its Internet performance is no worse than my newer
i5 Lenovo running W10. The keyboard is a Logitech K360 on the desk's
pull-out shelf and I view applications on a 19" external display, leaving
the built-in screen for controls and status and composing responses to
messages shown on the 19".

It's a comfortable and convenient setup for daily use and along with a
similar HDTV-recording laptop and 22" TV/monitor beside it, all I need to
display multiple pages of instructions and spreadsheets when I do my taxes.
The spreadsheets are my automation of the tax forms though I file what my
sister the tax accountant gets from her program. For the last few years the
results have matched.

My most compute-intensive task is receiving, playing and recording two
off-the-air TV shows at once, for which a 2.0 GHz Dual Core CPU is quite
adequate. These older, thicker laptops accept a second 1 TB spinning hard
drive to store video while booting from an SSD. Their only real weakness is
short battery life but it's long enough to coast through glitches or switch
to the solar backup. ExpressCard USB3 is fast enough to keep up with
external backup drives.

Unfortunately there isn't a really good alternative here to $200/month
Xfinity for Internet access and W10 updates would rapidly consume the 2
GB/mo I get from a cellular ISP.

The problem with Thunderbird was configuring it (or W7) to log into the ES
account, though it did connect on an older computer. I bashed on TB and WLM
in parallel and WLM succeeded first.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg2qjm$t2p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4926&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4926

From: djb...@invalid.com (David Billington)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 14:01:41 +0100
 by: David Billington - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 13:01 UTC

On 24/08/2021 03:55, James Waldby wrote:
> David Billington <djb@invalid.com> wrote:
>> On 24/08/2021 01:21, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>>> "James Waldby"  wrote in message news:sg19d9$b09$1@dont-email.me...
>>>
>>> I've seen that problem with Jim's posts also.  His `Microsoft Windows
>>> Live Mail` newsreader probably is set up incorrectly, or of course
>>> might not conform to newsgroup standards, or he might be pushing the
>>> wrong buttons to start a reply.  Anyhow, some newsreaders (eg Tin)
>>> show signature text (which is where his text shows up) automatically,
>>> and some (eg Pan) can be set up to not automatically cut the signature
>>> text.
>>>
>>> -----------------------------
>>>
>>> Whatever the issue, I haven't found a menu choice that appears able to
>>> change how Live Mail handles my postings. I tried Thunderbird first
>>> but couldn't get it to work with the Eternal September newsreader.
>>>
>>> How much do you expect from a "broken" (and fixed) $5 fleamarket
>>> laptop running W7?  I'm not going to pay to be abused when I try to help.
> I don't think anyone's ever had to pay to be abused in the news
> groups, that's always been provided free.
>
> $5 fixable laptop sounds ok, probably worth the electricity to run it
> if it stays virus free and isn't too sluggish and has an ok screen and
> keyboard.
>
>> What do you mean by 'Eternal September newsreader' as I'm posting this
>> reply using Thunderbird and Linux with Eternal September and have never
>> had any issues except I've always noted the display problems with your
>> postings being greyed but still readable.
> It's interesting you got Thunderbird / Linux / Eternal September to
> work ok. I tried that combination a year ago, and don't remember
> specific problems with it except maybe kill files didn't work? With
> Pan, kill files work ok (so I use it to read news) but for the past
> year it's had posting authentication problems and I use Tin to post.
> Tin is supposed to have kill files and scoring which I set up but they
> seem to do nothing.

My ISP dropped usenet support back in 2014 and I just switched over to
ES no problem whatsoever with Thunderbird, I haven't found anything that
doesn't work. Killfiles work fine or RCM would be intolerable.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg2qua$vdi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4927&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4927

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 09:07:09 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 13:07 UTC

"Corvid" wrote in message news:sg1ue2$lq2$1@gioia.aioe.org...

It's the dash-dash-space thing, which says everything that follows is a
sig. You could put your text ABOVE the dash-dash-space thing, and it
wouldn't get stripped away. Or just delete the dash-dash-space thing.

No abuse intended.
I almost always read your posts, and I'm hoping you'll make this small
change. This monitor that I'm using is a crummy TN panel, with bad color
shift when things aren't close to screen center. Your post, in faded
gray along the bottom, almost disappears into the background.

---------------------

I'll try to remember that, sometimes composing the response distracts me
from editing the original.

I've settled on a useful computer and electronics bench setup with two
removable laptops on the static mat desktop, 19" and 22" extended displays
for them plus an Altec sound system filling the upper shelf, and a wireless
keyboard on the pull-out drawer. The Logitech K360 is narrow enough to fit
the mouse pad beside it. The other components are too old to recommend.

Re: Adhering other metal molts to sheet iron

<sg2s4l$8ct$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4928&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#4928

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 09:27:34 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 13:27 UTC

"David Billington" wrote in message news:sg2qjm$t2p$1@dont-email.me...

My ISP dropped usenet support back in 2014 and I just switched over to
ES no problem whatsoever with Thunderbird, I haven't found anything that
doesn't work. Killfiles work fine or RCM would be intolerable.

TB worked for me on a cloned hard drive in a scratch computer as a test but
not when I installed it on the intended machine which was fully updated and
has different hardware. WLM is adequate so I didn't risk tinkering further
with the good computer. I save Acronis backups of C: but don't fully trust
them.