If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith. -- Albert Einstein

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / 50 years in the making

SubjectAuthor
* 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
+* Re: 50 years in the makingLou Holtman
|`* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
| `* Re: 50 years in the makingMark Cleary
|  `- Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
+- Re: 50 years in the makingRalph Barone
+* Re: 50 years in the makingrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
`* Re: 50 years in the makingfunkma...@hotmail.com
 +* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 |`* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | +* Re: 50 years in the makingrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 | |`* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | | `* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | |  `* Re: 50 years in the makingrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 | |   +* Re: 50 years in the makingfunkma...@hotmail.com
 | |   |`* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | |   | `* Re: 50 years in the makingfunkma...@hotmail.com
 | |   |  `* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | |   |   `* Re: 50 years in the makingfunkma...@hotmail.com
 | |   |    `* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | |   |     `* Re: 50 years in the makingfunkma...@hotmail.com
 | |   |      `* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | |   |       `* Re: 50 years in the makingfunkma...@hotmail.com
 | |   |        +* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | |   |        |`- Re: 50 years in the makingJohn B.
 | |   |        +* Re: 50 years in the makingrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 | |   |        |+- Re: 50 years in the makingSir Ridesalot
 | |   |        |+- Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | |   |        |`- Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | |   |        +* Re: 50 years in the makingrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 | |   |        |`* Re: 50 years in the makingRalph Barone
 | |   |        | `- Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | |   |        `- Re: 50 years in the makingfunkma...@hotmail.com
 | |   `- Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 | `* Re: 50 years in the makingfunkma...@hotmail.com
 |  `* Re: 50 years in the makingTom Kunich
 |   `- Re: 50 years in the makingfunkma...@hotmail.com
 `- Re: 50 years in the makingJohn B.

Pages:12
50 years in the making

<7f44a43d-2be0-40ea-8c71-ceba1d4fb874n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49198&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49198

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:27:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 50 years in the making
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 18:27 UTC

I was blessed by God to be at the center of the technical revolution. I did everything from work on the immediate forerunner of the Internet (even Jay showed you that) to personally design and program almost every modern medical instrument for everything from the detection of blood contaminated with HIV to almost every medical device that would make it impossible for you to be admitted to a hospital without using either the instruments I designed and/or programmed to virtually ALL of the detection devices of the modern world.

While the haters who have accomplished absolutely nothing continue to complain about that and say absolutely anything in denial, that is what has happened.

Am I bragging about this? Well, now that depends upon your viewpoint doesn't it. Is it bragging to say I did something? Is it bragging to say that because I did these things I have a far greater understanding of science than say, someone that is a book keeper? Or a college teacher whose knowledge hasn't advance whatsoever since he graduated?

Is it bragging to say I raced sailboats down the Pacific Coast and observed the dolphin dancing on the bow waves or a whale breaching entirely out of the water?

Perhaps it is bragging to say that I raced motorcycles and was the perennial 3rd place?

Is it bragging to say I serve in my country's military and was involved in a war that while MOST of us considered ill conceived and perhaps even illegal, was nevertheless a duty to my country? Would it have been better to stand aside and allow Ho Chi Minh to march through South Vietnam and murder all of the occupants as they eventually did?

Do you suppose that it is bragging to watch people here make racist claims about white people (all of whom are making these claims are white people themselves) when it was these same white people removed the chains of slavery? Can these same people suggest one civilization in history that didn't practice the fault of slavery? Is but one to be blamed?

People with absolute ignorance of history are perfectly willing here to pretend to know it. People with absolute ignorance of science are telling us that engineering isn't the application of practical science at its highest level.

As I say, I feel blessed to have been in one of the most active growths of science and technology in history and if there are those here so jealous of that fact that they want to deny it, do right ahead. It means nothing to me.

Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.

Re: 50 years in the making

<99ac957a-3808-484d-b108-80a67ea93074n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49199&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49199

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:51:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: 50 years in the making
From: lou.holt...@gmail.com (Lou Holtman)
 by: Lou Holtman - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 18:51 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 7:27:18 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
> I was blessed by God to be at the center of the technical revolution. I did everything from work on the immediate forerunner of the Internet (even Jay showed you that) to personally design and program almost every modern medical instrument for everything from the detection of blood contaminated with HIV to almost every medical device that would make it impossible for you to be admitted to a hospital without using either the instruments I designed and/or programmed to virtually ALL of the detection devices of the modern world.
>
> While the haters who have accomplished absolutely nothing continue to complain about that and say absolutely anything in denial, that is what has happened.
>
> Am I bragging about this? Well, now that depends upon your viewpoint doesn't it. Is it bragging to say I did something? Is it bragging to say that because I did these things I have a far greater understanding of science than say, someone that is a book keeper? Or a college teacher whose knowledge hasn't advance whatsoever since he graduated?
>
> Is it bragging to say I raced sailboats down the Pacific Coast and observed the dolphin dancing on the bow waves or a whale breaching entirely out of the water?
>
> Perhaps it is bragging to say that I raced motorcycles and was the perennial 3rd place?
>
> Is it bragging to say I serve in my country's military and was involved in a war that while MOST of us considered ill conceived and perhaps even illegal, was nevertheless a duty to my country? Would it have been better to stand aside and allow Ho Chi Minh to march through South Vietnam and murder all of the occupants as they eventually did?
>
> Do you suppose that it is bragging to watch people here make racist claims about white people (all of whom are making these claims are white people themselves) when it was these same white people removed the chains of slavery? Can these same people suggest one civilization in history that didn't practice the fault of slavery? Is but one to be blamed?
>
> People with absolute ignorance of history are perfectly willing here to pretend to know it. People with absolute ignorance of science are telling us that engineering isn't the application of practical science at its highest level.
>
> As I say, I feel blessed to have been in one of the most active growths of science and technology in history and if there are those here so jealous of that fact that they want to deny it, do right ahead. It means nothing to me.
>
> Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.

The ‘richest’ people are those who are content. You don’t have to be a Nobel prize winner for that.

Lou

Re: 50 years in the making

<srfbdq$nji$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49202&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49202

From: ral...@invalid.com (Ralph Barone)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 19:01:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ralph Barone - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 19:01 UTC

Tom Kunich <cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was blessed by God to be at the center of the technical revolution. I
> did everything from work on the immediate forerunner of the Internet
> (even Jay showed you that) to personally design and program almost every
> modern medical instrument for everything from the detection of blood
> contaminated with HIV to almost every medical device that would make it
> impossible for you to be admitted to a hospital without using either the
> instruments I designed and/or programmed to virtually ALL of the
> detection devices of the modern world.
>
> While the haters who have accomplished absolutely nothing continue to
> complain about that and say absolutely anything in denial, that is what has happened.
>
> Am I bragging about this? Well, now that depends upon your viewpoint
> doesn't it. Is it bragging to say I did something? Is it bragging to say
> that because I did these things I have a far greater understanding of
> science than say, someone that is a book keeper? Or a college teacher
> whose knowledge hasn't advance whatsoever since he graduated?
>
> Is it bragging to say I raced sailboats down the Pacific Coast and
> observed the dolphin dancing on the bow waves or a whale breaching
> entirely out of the water?
>
> Perhaps it is bragging to say that I raced motorcycles and was the perennial 3rd place?
>
> Is it bragging to say I serve in my country's military and was involved
> in a war that while MOST of us considered ill conceived and perhaps even
> illegal, was nevertheless a duty to my country? Would it have been better
> to stand aside and allow Ho Chi Minh to march through South Vietnam and
> murder all of the occupants as they eventually did?
>
> Do you suppose that it is bragging to watch people here make racist
> claims about white people (all of whom are making these claims are white
> people themselves) when it was these same white people removed the chains
> of slavery? Can these same people suggest one civilization in history
> that didn't practice the fault of slavery? Is but one to be blamed?
>
> People with absolute ignorance of history are perfectly willing here to
> pretend to know it. People with absolute ignorance of science are telling
> us that engineering isn't the application of practical science at its highest level.
>
> As I say, I feel blessed to have been in one of the most active growths
> of science and technology in history and if there are those here so
> jealous of that fact that they want to deny it, do right ahead. It means nothing to me.
>
> Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal
> caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.

There’s a man who’s going to die happy.

Re: 50 years in the making

<cb84a31a-8006-4c9a-aa84-688fcf5ec5dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49210&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49210

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 14:44:58 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:44 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 10:51:49 AM UTC-8, Lou Holtman wrote:
> On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 7:27:18 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > I was blessed by God to be at the center of the technical revolution. I did everything from work on the immediate forerunner of the Internet (even Jay showed you that) to personally design and program almost every modern medical instrument for everything from the detection of blood contaminated with HIV to almost every medical device that would make it impossible for you to be admitted to a hospital without using either the instruments I designed and/or programmed to virtually ALL of the detection devices of the modern world.
> >
> > While the haters who have accomplished absolutely nothing continue to complain about that and say absolutely anything in denial, that is what has happened.
> >
> > Am I bragging about this? Well, now that depends upon your viewpoint doesn't it. Is it bragging to say I did something? Is it bragging to say that because I did these things I have a far greater understanding of science than say, someone that is a book keeper? Or a college teacher whose knowledge hasn't advance whatsoever since he graduated?
> >
> > Is it bragging to say I raced sailboats down the Pacific Coast and observed the dolphin dancing on the bow waves or a whale breaching entirely out of the water?
> >
> > Perhaps it is bragging to say that I raced motorcycles and was the perennial 3rd place?
> >
> > Is it bragging to say I serve in my country's military and was involved in a war that while MOST of us considered ill conceived and perhaps even illegal, was nevertheless a duty to my country? Would it have been better to stand aside and allow Ho Chi Minh to march through South Vietnam and murder all of the occupants as they eventually did?
> >
> > Do you suppose that it is bragging to watch people here make racist claims about white people (all of whom are making these claims are white people themselves) when it was these same white people removed the chains of slavery? Can these same people suggest one civilization in history that didn't practice the fault of slavery? Is but one to be blamed?
> >
> > People with absolute ignorance of history are perfectly willing here to pretend to know it. People with absolute ignorance of science are telling us that engineering isn't the application of practical science at its highest level.
> >
> > As I say, I feel blessed to have been in one of the most active growths of science and technology in history and if there are those here so jealous of that fact that they want to deny it, do right ahead. It means nothing to me.
> >
> > Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.
> The ‘richest’ people are those who are content. You don’t have to be a Nobel prize winner for that.

That indeed is the truth. Not to mention that after returning from the almost dead, it puts an entire light back on what you have done in your life. Although I can't say that I am a practicing Catholic, I can say that I never for a moment lost my faith. I think that perhaps coming from a close family helps. The belief that you have to impress every person in your family keeps you on the straight and narrow.

Re: 50 years in the making

<7f69db6a-be53-4d18-8b89-be7e55272d19n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49212&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49212

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 14:50:44 -0800 (PST)
From: deaconmj...@gmail.com (Mark Cleary)
 by: Mark Cleary - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:50 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 4:45:00 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.
> > The ‘richest’ people are those who are content. You don’t have to be a Nobel prize winner for that.
> That indeed is the truth. Not to mention that after returning from the almost dead, it puts an entire light back on what you have done in your life. Although I can't say that I am a practicing Catholic, I can say that I never for a moment lost my faith. I think that perhaps coming from a close family helps. The belief that you have to impress every person in your family keeps you on the straight and narrow.
Tom return to the Church and the sacraments it would be good for you and the Church.
Deacon Mark ( a catholic deacon too.)

Re: 50 years in the making

<98706c81-b04c-4aea-8a12-665b6cdccfc7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49214&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49214

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 15:00:25 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:00 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 2:50:46 PM UTC-8, deaco...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 4:45:00 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > The ‘richest’ people are those who are content. You don’t have to be a Nobel prize winner for that.
> > That indeed is the truth. Not to mention that after returning from the almost dead, it puts an entire light back on what you have done in your life. Although I can't say that I am a practicing Catholic, I can say that I never for a moment lost my faith. I think that perhaps coming from a close family helps. The belief that you have to impress every person in your family keeps you on the straight and narrow.
> Tom return to the Church and the sacraments it would be good for you and the Church.
> Deacon Mark ( a catholic deacon too.)
Deacon - I'm afraid that locally we have a monastery wherein I used to see each priest with a young boy. I know that is not what the church stands for but it is what it put up with. And traveling in France I was told that in order to gain office in the church for a very long time you had to be royalty. While many took their offices and their vows of chastity and poverty seriously, too many used their offices for the opposite. The world and man tends to corrupt all it touches.

Re: 50 years in the making

<d7a14fbb-3040-4e22-8a1e-7e08fac61053n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49226&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49226

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:43:27 -0800 (PST)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:43 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 12:27:18 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.

Burning coal and oil/gasoline/diesel causes CO2 to be produced. Burning anything composed of carbon causes CO2 to be produced. Oxygen in the air gets combined with the carbon in the material being burned by the heat of the flames. CO2 is produced. CO2 is a reflector, insulator, for heat. The CO2 floats up into the sky and gets trapped in the atmosphere. It doesn't float away into outer space. CO2 stays up in the sky around the earth. The sun heats up the earth every day. And that heat gets trapped on the earth by the atmosphere full of CO2. Causing the earth to heat up over time. And melt the polar ice caps and glaciers.

Tommy, I know you are not educated at all. But it is a fairly simple and straight forward concept to understand. But some people think the earth is flat. Some people think Bigfoot is roaming around. Some people think there is a Loch Ness monster. Some people think Trump won.

Re: 50 years in the making

<srhlq9$3us$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49242&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49242

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 08:10:50 -0800
 by: sms - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:10 UTC

On 1/9/2022 10:43 PM, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:

<snip>

> Tommy, I know you are not educated at all. But it is a fairly simple and straight forward concept to understand. But some people think the earth is flat. Some people think Bigfoot is roaming around. Some people think there is a Loch Ness monster. Some people think Trump won.

“Why look for conspiracy when stupidity can explain so much.” — Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe

“The good thing about Science is that it's true whether or not you
believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Re: 50 years in the making

<srhm3s$65e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49244&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49244

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 08:15:57 -0800
 by: sms - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:15 UTC

On 1/9/2022 10:43 PM, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 12:27:18 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.
>
> Burning coal and oil/gasoline/diesel causes CO2 to be produced. Burning anything composed of carbon causes CO2 to be produced. Oxygen in the air gets combined with the carbon in the material being burned by the heat of the flames. CO2 is produced. CO2 is a reflector, insulator, for heat. The CO2 floats up into the sky and gets trapped in the atmosphere. It doesn't float away into outer space. CO2 stays up in the sky around the earth. The sun heats up the earth every day. And that heat gets trapped on the earth by the atmosphere full of CO2. Causing the earth to heat up over time. And melt the polar ice caps and glaciers.
>
> Tommy, I know you are not educated at all. But it is a fairly simple and straight forward concept to understand. But some people think the earth is flat. Some people think Bigfoot is roaming around. Some people think there is a Loch Ness monster. Some people think Trump won.

"Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys
the pig."

Re: 50 years in the making

<a6cbf4c2-b5f0-4931-864d-863fc0ad02ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49247&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49247

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 08:18:33 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:18 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 10:43:29 PM UTC-8, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 12:27:18 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.
> Burning coal and oil/gasoline/diesel causes CO2 to be produced. Burning anything composed of carbon causes CO2 to be produced. Oxygen in the air gets combined with the carbon in the material being burned by the heat of the flames. CO2 is produced. CO2 is a reflector, insulator, for heat. The CO2 floats up into the sky and gets trapped in the atmosphere. It doesn't float away into outer space. CO2 stays up in the sky around the earth. The sun heats up the earth every day. And that heat gets trapped on the earth by the atmosphere full of CO2. Causing the earth to heat up over time. And melt the polar ice caps and glaciers.
>
> Tommy, I know you are not educated at all. But it is a fairly simple and straight forward concept to understand. But some people think the earth is flat. Some people think Bigfoot is roaming around. Some people think there is a Loch Ness monster. Some people think Trump won.
We realize that the bookkeeper thinks that he is going to give a lesson in chemistry to someone that has worked with it. But I suggest you go back to your computer spread sheet. At least that is something that you can understand since you have no idea where pencils and pens come from and no idea how paper is made.

Re: 50 years in the making

<ac1c2377-130d-4586-829e-d64f8b8e1efdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49248&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49248

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 08:23:59 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:23 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 8:10:53 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
> On 1/9/2022 10:43 PM, russell...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Tommy, I know you are not educated at all. But it is a fairly simple and straight forward concept to understand. But some people think the earth is flat. Some people think Bigfoot is roaming around. Some people think there is a Loch Ness monster. Some people think Trump won.
> “Why look for conspiracy when stupidity can explain so much.” — Johann
> Wolfgang von Goethe
>
> “The good thing about Science is that it's true whether or not you
> believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Scharf, what do you know about science? When have you ever worked in it? I have 50 years in science with a list if accomplishments far beyond your thumb twiddling "F's" in college. Tell me you little nobody - what requires more education, 50 years of progressive accomplishment or you trying to get reelected for public office and failing miserably?

Re: 50 years in the making

<bdde98c1-2f1f-44ad-b922-efe6778dd2aen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49265&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49265

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 09:45:35 -0800 (PST)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:45 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 1:27:18 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> I was blessed by God to be at the center of the technical revolution. I did everything from work on the immediate forerunner of the Internet (even Jay showed you that) to personally design and program almost every modern medical instrument for everything from the detection of blood contaminated with HIV to almost every medical device that would make it impossible for you to be admitted to a hospital without using either the instruments I designed and/or programmed to virtually ALL of the detection devices of the modern world.
>
> While the haters who have accomplished absolutely nothing continue to complain about that and say absolutely anything in denial, that is what has happened.
>
> Am I bragging about this? Well, now that depends upon your viewpoint doesn't it. Is it bragging to say I did something? Is it bragging to say that because I did these things I have a far greater understanding of science than say, someone that is a book keeper? Or a college teacher whose knowledge hasn't advance whatsoever since he graduated?
>
> Is it bragging to say I raced sailboats down the Pacific Coast and observed the dolphin dancing on the bow waves or a whale breaching entirely out of the water?
>
> Perhaps it is bragging to say that I raced motorcycles and was the perennial 3rd place?
>
> Is it bragging to say I serve in my country's military and was involved in a war that while MOST of us considered ill conceived and perhaps even illegal, was nevertheless a duty to my country? Would it have been better to stand aside and allow Ho Chi Minh to march through South Vietnam and murder all of the occupants as they eventually did?
>
> Do you suppose that it is bragging to watch people here make racist claims about white people (all of whom are making these claims are white people themselves) when it was these same white people removed the chains of slavery? Can these same people suggest one civilization in history that didn't practice the fault of slavery? Is but one to be blamed?
>
> People with absolute ignorance of history are perfectly willing here to pretend to know it. People with absolute ignorance of science are telling us that engineering isn't the application of practical science at its highest level.
>
> As I say, I feel blessed to have been in one of the most active growths of science and technology in history and if there are those here so jealous of that fact that they want to deny it, do right ahead. It means nothing to me.
>
> Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.

no narcissism there....

"I do not nor ever had a sense of self importance." - Tom Kunich

Re: 50 years in the making

<b4dad4b4-96c9-4fac-b1b0-35289a203a76n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49279&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49279

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:11:06 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:11 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 9:45:37 AM UTC-8, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 1:27:18 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I was blessed by God to be at the center of the technical revolution. I did everything from work on the immediate forerunner of the Internet (even Jay showed you that) to personally design and program almost every modern medical instrument for everything from the detection of blood contaminated with HIV to almost every medical device that would make it impossible for you to be admitted to a hospital without using either the instruments I designed and/or programmed to virtually ALL of the detection devices of the modern world.
> >
> > While the haters who have accomplished absolutely nothing continue to complain about that and say absolutely anything in denial, that is what has happened.
> >
> > Am I bragging about this? Well, now that depends upon your viewpoint doesn't it. Is it bragging to say I did something? Is it bragging to say that because I did these things I have a far greater understanding of science than say, someone that is a book keeper? Or a college teacher whose knowledge hasn't advance whatsoever since he graduated?
> >
> > Is it bragging to say I raced sailboats down the Pacific Coast and observed the dolphin dancing on the bow waves or a whale breaching entirely out of the water?
> >
> > Perhaps it is bragging to say that I raced motorcycles and was the perennial 3rd place?
> >
> > Is it bragging to say I serve in my country's military and was involved in a war that while MOST of us considered ill conceived and perhaps even illegal, was nevertheless a duty to my country? Would it have been better to stand aside and allow Ho Chi Minh to march through South Vietnam and murder all of the occupants as they eventually did?
> >
> > Do you suppose that it is bragging to watch people here make racist claims about white people (all of whom are making these claims are white people themselves) when it was these same white people removed the chains of slavery? Can these same people suggest one civilization in history that didn't practice the fault of slavery? Is but one to be blamed?
> >
> > People with absolute ignorance of history are perfectly willing here to pretend to know it. People with absolute ignorance of science are telling us that engineering isn't the application of practical science at its highest level.
> >
> > As I say, I feel blessed to have been in one of the most active growths of science and technology in history and if there are those here so jealous of that fact that they want to deny it, do right ahead. It means nothing to me.
> >
> > Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.
> no narcissism there....
>
> "I do not nor ever had a sense of self importance." - Tom Kunich
Only a fool cold interpret that as anything other than it was. I was a project manager on many jobs. Seems like you're the only one that ever thought of me as narcissistic. Your type seem to see in others what you see when you look in a mirror.

Re: 50 years in the making

<6034e4f0-1994-417c-81c2-a8d51c3e35b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49281&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49281

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:14:16 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:14 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 3:11:08 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > As I say, I feel blessed to have been in one of the most active growths of science and technology in history and if there are those here so jealous of that fact that they want to deny it, do right ahead. It means nothing to me.
> > >
> > > Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.
> > no narcissism there....
> >
> > "I do not nor ever had a sense of self importance." - Tom Kunich
> Only a fool cold interpret that as anything other than it was. I was a project manager on many jobs. Seems like you're the only one that ever thought of me as narcissistic. Your type seem to see in others what you see when you look in a mirror.
By the way - where is your proof that there is a covid-19 above average death rate? Or does your quiet sense of self worth prevent you from showing me up?

Re: 50 years in the making

<46457e87-da2e-4a33-9258-2e3313c7cea0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49289&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49289

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:05:20 -0800 (PST)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 00:05 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 5:14:18 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> By the way - where is your proof that there is a covid-19 above average death rate? Or does your quiet sense of self worth prevent you from showing me up?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db427.htm
Key findings
Data from the National Vital Statistics System
Life expectancy for the U.S. population in 2020 was 77.0 years, a decrease of 1.8 years from 2019.
The age-adjusted death rate increased by 16.8% from 715.2 deaths per 100,000 standard population in 2019 to 835.4 in 2020.
Age-specific death rates increased from 2019 to 2020 for each age group 15 years and over.
Nine of the 10 leading causes of death in 2020 remained the same as in 2019, although 5 causes switched rank; heart disease and cancer remained the top 2 leading causes, and COVID-19 became the third leading cause of death in 2020.
The infant mortality rate decreased 2.9% in 2020 from 2019 to a record low of 541.9 infant deaths per 100,000 live births.

16.8% increase in deaths from 2019 to 2020 seems like an "above average death rate" to me. With 330 million people in the USA, you have to kill a LOT of extra people to move the rate by 16.8%. And that is what Covid 19 did. Kill lots of people in 2020 and 2021. Likely to kill lots more in 2022 too. The above website is from the CDC, Center for Disease Control. USA Federal Government. I recall you lauded them in a prior post. So they are a trustworthy source for data.

But at least we did decrease the number of babies dying in 2020 compared to 2019. Yeah!!!!! The USA has always been horrible for infant morbidity compared to Europe and every other modern, advanced civilization in the world.. Maybe we are improving things.

Re: 50 years in the making

<078dce06-c408-471d-a1b3-64a26c1b3a05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49294&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49294

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:32:08 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 00:32 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4:05:22 PM UTC-8, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 5:14:18 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > By the way - where is your proof that there is a covid-19 above average death rate? Or does your quiet sense of self worth prevent you from showing me up?
> https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db427.htm
> Key findings
> Data from the National Vital Statistics System
> Life expectancy for the U.S. population in 2020 was 77.0 years, a decrease of 1.8 years from 2019.
> The age-adjusted death rate increased by 16.8% from 715.2 deaths per 100,000 standard population in 2019 to 835.4 in 2020.
> Age-specific death rates increased from 2019 to 2020 for each age group 15 years and over.
> Nine of the 10 leading causes of death in 2020 remained the same as in 2019, although 5 causes switched rank; heart disease and cancer remained the top 2 leading causes, and COVID-19 became the third leading cause of death in 2020.
> The infant mortality rate decreased 2.9% in 2020 from 2019 to a record low of 541.9 infant deaths per 100,000 live births.
>
> 16.8% increase in deaths from 2019 to 2020 seems like an "above average death rate" to me. With 330 million people in the USA, you have to kill a LOT of extra people to move the rate by 16.8%. And that is what Covid 19 did. Kill lots of people in 2020 and 2021. Likely to kill lots more in 2022 too.. The above website is from the CDC, Center for Disease Control. USA Federal Government. I recall you lauded them in a prior post. So they are a trustworthy source for data.
>
> But at least we did decrease the number of babies dying in 2020 compared to 2019. Yeah!!!!! The USA has always been horrible for infant morbidity compared to Europe and every other modern, advanced civilization in the world.. Maybe we are improving things.

The lowly bookkeeper wants to explain to us about covid-19. Imagine him thinking that when you have a group of chair sitters given false data that they aren't going to reach false conclusions. Why do you think it is that government employees that are NOT attending patients say one thing and those that are are saying something else? In the meantime, the people that are actually pulling the real statistics out of the air are telling us something else entirely.

Re: 50 years in the making

<qekptghj6vgh0vv9pc2ao77rn8f93306ts@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49296&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49296

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 07:41:57 +0700
 by: John B. - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 00:41 UTC

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 08:18:33 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 10:43:29 PM UTC-8, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 12:27:18 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> >
>> > Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.
>> Burning coal and oil/gasoline/diesel causes CO2 to be produced. Burning anything composed of carbon causes CO2 to be produced. Oxygen in the air gets combined with the carbon in the material being burned by the heat of the flames. CO2 is produced. CO2 is a reflector, insulator, for heat. The CO2 floats up into the sky and gets trapped in the atmosphere. It doesn't float away into outer space. CO2 stays up in the sky around the earth. The sun heats up the earth every day. And that heat gets trapped on the earth by the atmosphere full of CO2. Causing the earth to heat up over time. And melt the polar ice caps and glaciers.
>>
>> Tommy, I know you are not educated at all. But it is a fairly simple and straight forward concept to understand. But some people think the earth is flat. Some people think Bigfoot is roaming around. Some people think there is a Loch Ness monster. Some people think Trump won.
>We realize that the bookkeeper thinks that he is going to give a lesson in chemistry to someone that has worked with it. But I suggest you go back to your computer spread sheet. At least that is something that you can understand since you have no idea where pencils and pens come from and no idea how paper is made.

My Goodness... A bloke talks about the Loch Ness Monster and Tommy
refutes this by saying "You no idea where pencils and pens come from".
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: 50 years in the making

<eokptg91fkeh17sm959t9ggs3ga1qpot23@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49297&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49297

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 07:46:40 +0700
 by: John B. - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 00:46 UTC

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 09:45:35 -0800 (PST), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkmasterxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 1:27:18 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I was blessed by God to be at the center of the technical revolution. I did everything from work on the immediate forerunner of the Internet (even Jay showed you that) to personally design and program almost every modern medical instrument for everything from the detection of blood contaminated with HIV to almost every medical device that would make it impossible for you to be admitted to a hospital without using either the instruments I designed and/or programmed to virtually ALL of the detection devices of the modern world.
>>
>> While the haters who have accomplished absolutely nothing continue to complain about that and say absolutely anything in denial, that is what has happened.
>>
>> Am I bragging about this? Well, now that depends upon your viewpoint doesn't it. Is it bragging to say I did something? Is it bragging to say that because I did these things I have a far greater understanding of science than say, someone that is a book keeper? Or a college teacher whose knowledge hasn't advance whatsoever since he graduated?
>>
>> Is it bragging to say I raced sailboats down the Pacific Coast and observed the dolphin dancing on the bow waves or a whale breaching entirely out of the water?
>>
>> Perhaps it is bragging to say that I raced motorcycles and was the perennial 3rd place?
>>
>> Is it bragging to say I serve in my country's military and was involved in a war that while MOST of us considered ill conceived and perhaps even illegal, was nevertheless a duty to my country? Would it have been better to stand aside and allow Ho Chi Minh to march through South Vietnam and murder all of the occupants as they eventually did?
>>
>> Do you suppose that it is bragging to watch people here make racist claims about white people (all of whom are making these claims are white people themselves) when it was these same white people removed the chains of slavery? Can these same people suggest one civilization in history that didn't practice the fault of slavery? Is but one to be blamed?
>>
>> People with absolute ignorance of history are perfectly willing here to pretend to know it. People with absolute ignorance of science are telling us that engineering isn't the application of practical science at its highest level.
>>
>> As I say, I feel blessed to have been in one of the most active growths of science and technology in history and if there are those here so jealous of that fact that they want to deny it, do right ahead. It means nothing to me.
>>
>> Of course we could always go with Russell's claim that burning coal caused man-made global warning. There you have the science of a bookkeeper.
>
>no narcissism there....
>
>"I do not nor ever had a sense of self importance." - Tom Kunich

Schizophrenia is a severe mental disorder which is characterized by a
wide range of unusual behaviors: hearing voices (hallucinations) and
distorted or false perception, often bizarre beliefs.
Two of the most common symptoms are:
Delusions, beliefs that can persist even after they have been proved
to be false or unreasonable.
Disorganized thinking: Sometimes, the person is unable to think
clearly.
Their talk appears illogical, irrelevant or disconnected and this
makes
no logical sense to people around them.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: 50 years in the making

<719e9553-f4e9-470a-80b8-cb143a3135e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49298&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49298

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:54:11 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 00:54 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4:32:10 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4:05:22 PM UTC-8, russell...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 5:14:18 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > By the way - where is your proof that there is a covid-19 above average death rate? Or does your quiet sense of self worth prevent you from showing me up?
> > https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db427.htm
> > Key findings
> > Data from the National Vital Statistics System
> > Life expectancy for the U.S. population in 2020 was 77.0 years, a decrease of 1.8 years from 2019.
> > The age-adjusted death rate increased by 16.8% from 715.2 deaths per 100,000 standard population in 2019 to 835.4 in 2020.
> > Age-specific death rates increased from 2019 to 2020 for each age group 15 years and over.
> > Nine of the 10 leading causes of death in 2020 remained the same as in 2019, although 5 causes switched rank; heart disease and cancer remained the top 2 leading causes, and COVID-19 became the third leading cause of death in 2020.
> > The infant mortality rate decreased 2.9% in 2020 from 2019 to a record low of 541.9 infant deaths per 100,000 live births.
> >
> > 16.8% increase in deaths from 2019 to 2020 seems like an "above average death rate" to me. With 330 million people in the USA, you have to kill a LOT of extra people to move the rate by 16.8%. And that is what Covid 19 did. Kill lots of people in 2020 and 2021. Likely to kill lots more in 2022 too. The above website is from the CDC, Center for Disease Control. USA Federal Government. I recall you lauded them in a prior post. So they are a trustworthy source for data.
> >
> > But at least we did decrease the number of babies dying in 2020 compared to 2019. Yeah!!!!! The USA has always been horrible for infant morbidity compared to Europe and every other modern, advanced civilization in the world. Maybe we are improving things.
> The lowly bookkeeper wants to explain to us about covid-19. Imagine him thinking that when you have a group of chair sitters given false data that they aren't going to reach false conclusions. Why do you think it is that government employees that are NOT attending patients say one thing and those that are are saying something else? In the meantime, the people that are actually pulling the real statistics out of the air are telling us something else entirely.

Not that you would EVER learn the error of your ways. But all it took was to look at that posting of yours to see it was a false conclusion. The normal average death rates for the US citizen population is 2.8 million. An increase of 85 deaths per 100,000 population would be 2,380. Now that just happens to be below the statistical relevance in a population of 2.8 million (85 thousandths of one percent) And for 2020, Fauci and the New York Times claimed a death rate of 400,000 people.

Since as a bookkeeper you are so familiar with number perhaps you can explain that little discrepancy?

Tell me - if you had a discrepancy of $2380 in $2.8 million. Would you start screaming theft or would you look for a mis-entry?

Re: 50 years in the making

<fb291078-1340-4d12-ae5b-c350a26ddb47n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49300&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49300

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:05:30 -0800 (PST)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 01:05 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 6:54:14 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4:32:10 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > > https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db427.htm
> > > Key findings
> > > Data from the National Vital Statistics System
> > > Life expectancy for the U.S. population in 2020 was 77.0 years, a decrease of 1.8 years from 2019.
> > > The age-adjusted death rate increased by 16.8% from 715.2 deaths per 100,000 standard population in 2019 to 835.4 in 2020.
> > > Age-specific death rates increased from 2019 to 2020 for each age group 15 years and over.
> > > Nine of the 10 leading causes of death in 2020 remained the same as in 2019, although 5 causes switched rank; heart disease and cancer remained the top 2 leading causes, and COVID-19 became the third leading cause of death in 2020.
> > > The infant mortality rate decreased 2.9% in 2020 from 2019 to a record low of 541.9 infant deaths per 100,000 live births.
> > >
> > > 16.8% increase in deaths from 2019 to 2020 seems like an "above average death rate" to me. With 330 million people in the USA, you have to kill a LOT of extra people to move the rate by 16.8%. And that is what Covid 19 did. Kill lots of people in 2020 and 2021. Likely to kill lots more in 2022 too. The above website is from the CDC, Center for Disease Control. USA Federal Government. I recall you lauded them in a prior post. So they are a trustworthy source for data.
> > >
> > > But at least we did decrease the number of babies dying in 2020 compared to 2019. Yeah!!!!! The USA has always been horrible for infant morbidity compared to Europe and every other modern, advanced civilization in the world. Maybe we are improving things.
> > The lowly bookkeeper wants to explain to us about covid-19. Imagine him thinking that when you have a group of chair sitters given false data that they aren't going to reach false conclusions. Why do you think it is that government employees that are NOT attending patients say one thing and those that are are saying something else? In the meantime, the people that are actually pulling the real statistics out of the air are telling us something else entirely.
> Not that you would EVER learn the error of your ways. But all it took was to look at that posting of yours to see it was a false conclusion. The normal average death rates for the US citizen population is 2.8 million. An increase of 85 deaths per 100,000 population would be 2,380. Now that just happens to be below the statistical relevance in a population of 2.8 million (85 thousandths of one percent) And for 2020, Fauci and the New York Times claimed a death rate of 400,000 people.
>
> Since as a bookkeeper you are so familiar with number perhaps you can explain that little discrepancy?
>
> Tell me - if you had a discrepancy of $2380 in $2.8 million. Would you start screaming theft or would you look for a mis-entry?

Tommy boy, below is my recent post, reply, from the "Staying strong in old age" thread. Its right next to this thread in the list.

russellseaton1@yahoo.com's profile photo
russellseaton1@yahoo.com
6:35 PM (24 minutes ago)
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/deaths.htm
Mortality in the United States, 2020
Deaths 3,383,729
Age-adjusted death rate 835.4
Life expectancy 77.0

https://www.prb.org/usdata/indicator/deaths/chart/ (PRB is Population Reference Bureau)
Go down this page a little bit and you come to the total number of people dying in the USA and every state from 2013 to 2019. There is an increase of 20-30 thousand every year. Makes sense because the USA population increases by thousands every year. So a few thousand extra die every year too. Logical to have more deaths with more total population. But then 2020 comes along and you have an extra 500,000 dead people. 2,854,838 dead people in 2019 to 3,383,729 dead people in 2020. 528,891 extra dead people in 2020.

Tommy boy, when you have an EXTRA 528 thousand dead people in 2020, it means something is happening. Covid-19 maybe?

Only you would think an extra 528 thousand dead people in one year is a mis-entry. I suspect this is why you lost all your money during the Obama stock market escalation bonanza. You're a financial genius.

Re: 50 years in the making

<e8a46a0e-b969-4981-ba57-424d5c91e034n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49333&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49333

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 03:02:13 -0800 (PST)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 11:02 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 6:14:18 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 3:11:08 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:

> > > no narcissism there....
> > >
> > > "I do not nor ever had a sense of self importance." - Tom Kunich
> > Only a fool cold interpret that as anything other than it was. I was a project manager on many jobs. Seems like you're the only one that ever thought of me as narcissistic. Your type seem to see in others what you see when you look in a mirror.
> By the way - where is your proof that there is a covid-19 above average death rate? Or does your quiet sense of self worth prevent you from showing me up?

No, the fact that I have a rich full life in which camping out on RBT for your nonesense and lies keeps me from responding right away. And again, because it takes multiple hits upside his head before he realize he's being hit:
Enter yet another of tommy's character flaws - willful misrepresentation of facts (i.e, a fucking liar): If you were honest about presenting excess death data, you would have checked the button for "Excess deaths with and without COVID-19", not "Weekly Number of Deaths by Cause Group". Then it would be plain to anyone reading that the number of excess deaths due to covid 19 - very clearly represented by the blue columns - dramatically exceeds the upper bounds of the predictions (the red line).

Re: 50 years in the making

<bf5bc799-685a-4f8d-b379-661569e3281bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49334&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49334

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 03:10:09 -0800 (PST)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 11:10 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 8:05:32 PM UTC-5, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 6:54:14 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > The lowly bookkeeper wants to explain to us about covid-19. Imagine him thinking that when you have a group of chair sitters given false data that they aren't going to reach false conclusions. Why do you think it is that government employees that are NOT attending patients say one thing and those that are are saying something else? In the meantime, the people that are actually pulling the real statistics out of the air are telling us something else entirely.
> > Not that you would EVER learn the error of your ways. But all it took was to look at that posting of yours to see it was a false conclusion. The normal average death rates for the US citizen population is 2.8 million. An increase of 85 deaths per 100,000 population would be 2,380. Now that just happens to be below the statistical relevance in a population of 2.8 million (85 thousandths of one percent) And for 2020, Fauci and the New York Times claimed a death rate of 400,000 people.
> >
> > Since as a bookkeeper you are so familiar with number perhaps you can explain that little discrepancy?
> >
> > Tell me - if you had a discrepancy of $2380 in $2.8 million. Would you start screaming theft or would you look for a mis-entry?
> Tommy boy, below is my recent post, reply, from the "Staying strong in old age" thread. Its right next to this thread in the list.
>

> russell...@yahoo.com's profile photo
> russell...@yahoo.com
> 6:35 PM (24 minutes ago)
> https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/deaths.htm
> Mortality in the United States, 2020
> Deaths 3,383,729
> Age-adjusted death rate 835.4
> Life expectancy 77.0
>
> https://www.prb.org/usdata/indicator/deaths/chart/ (PRB is Population Reference Bureau)
> Go down this page a little bit and you come to the total number of people dying in the USA and every state from 2013 to 2019. There is an increase of 20-30 thousand every year. Makes sense because the USA population increases by thousands every year. So a few thousand extra die every year too. Logical to have more deaths with more total population. But then 2020 comes along and you have an extra 500,000 dead people. 2,854,838 dead people in 2019 to 3,383,729 dead people in 2020. 528,891 extra dead people in 2020.
>
> Tommy boy, when you have an EXTRA 528 thousand dead people in 2020, it means something is happening. Covid-19 maybe?
>

> Only you would think an extra 528 thousand dead people in one year is a mis-entry. I suspect this is why you lost all your money during the Obama stock market escalation bonanza. You're a financial genius.

The website he links shows the actual data, he willfully lies and tells us to read different data, then claims it's proof. The only thing it's proof of is that he's a slimy lying piece of shit. The CDC does _not_ show there were no excess deaths. He wants us to look at "Weekly counts of deaths due to select causes of death", not "the number of excess deaths", then claim the former is proof there were no excess deaths. Even the data he tells us to look at very clearly show a significant number of deaths over all other years in the data sets presented during the peak of the outbreak in april 2020, and the 2021 data shows a consistently higher number from august through october than the previous years. Enter yet another of tommy's character flaws - willful misrepresentation of facts (i.e, a fucking liar): If he was honest about presenting excess death data, he would have checked the button for "Excess deaths with and without COVID-19", not "Weekly Number of Deaths by Cause Group". Then it would be plain to anyone reading that the number of excess deaths due to covid 19 - very clearly represented by the blue columns - dramatically exceeds the upper bounds of the predictions (the red line).

Re: 50 years in the making

<29d3eb51-6bc6-4c7d-8eca-59464f5b8eefn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49366&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49366

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 08:52:34 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 16:52 UTC

On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 3:02:14 AM UTC-8, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 6:14:18 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Only a fool cold interpret that as anything other than it was. I was a project manager on many jobs. Seems like you're the only one that ever thought of me as narcissistic. Your type seem to see in others what you see when you look in a mirror.
> > By the way - where is your proof that there is a covid-19 above average death rate? Or does your quiet sense of self worth prevent you from showing me up?
> No, the fact that I have a rich full life in which camping out on RBT for your nonesense and lies keeps me from responding right away. And again, because it takes multiple hits upside his head before he realize he's being hit:
> Enter yet another of tommy's character flaws - willful misrepresentation of facts (i.e, a fucking liar): If you were honest about presenting excess death data, you would have checked the button for "Excess deaths with and without COVID-19", not "Weekly Number of Deaths by Cause Group". Then it would be plain to anyone reading that the number of excess deaths due to covid 19 - very clearly represented by the blue columns - dramatically exceeds the upper bounds of the predictions (the red line).

You don't have a life and you never had one. And from your nonsensical stupidity it is plain that you'll never have one. What burns you up is that you're a loser and you think the world owes you a living. Well, it ain't happening anytime in your short and broken down lifetime. You are so in love with Fauci that you're obviously queer for him. There are those preposterous numbers which were bullshit and there is you believing them completely. I showed the lie in action on the earlier CDC chart that had covid-19 deaths higher than those of pneumonia which is IMPOSSIBLE and no growth in total deaths at all. And then like the low life nobody moron you believe the new chart Fauci invented to make himself look like an important person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkqQIY7J0fQ - at least this man has an Nobel Prize in Chemistry. Tell everyone here what Fauci has? A LONG LONG history of being totally wrong about everything he has ever said. When is your tranny surgery? Or are you going to simply identify as a woman so that you can have an advantage in women's racing? Believe me, you at least have the sense to keep yourself hidden behind a pseudonym. Slimy coward.

Re: 50 years in the making

<a2ab46e9-533d-410a-ba72-6a3d10117c95n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49367&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49367

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 08:52:43 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 5:05:32 PM UTC-8, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 6:54:14 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > The lowly bookkeeper wants to explain to us about covid-19. Imagine him thinking that when you have a group of chair sitters given false data that they aren't going to reach false conclusions. Why do you think it is that government employees that are NOT attending patients say one thing and those that are are saying something else? In the meantime, the people that are actually pulling the real statistics out of the air are telling us something else entirely.
> > Not that you would EVER learn the error of your ways. But all it took was to look at that posting of yours to see it was a false conclusion. The normal average death rates for the US citizen population is 2.8 million. An increase of 85 deaths per 100,000 population would be 2,380. Now that just happens to be below the statistical relevance in a population of 2.8 million (85 thousandths of one percent) And for 2020, Fauci and the New York Times claimed a death rate of 400,000 people.
> >
> > Since as a bookkeeper you are so familiar with number perhaps you can explain that little discrepancy?
> >
> > Tell me - if you had a discrepancy of $2380 in $2.8 million. Would you start screaming theft or would you look for a mis-entry?
> Tommy boy, below is my recent post, reply, from the "Staying strong in old age" thread. Its right next to this thread in the list.
>

> russell...@yahoo.com's profile photo
> russell...@yahoo.com
> 6:35 PM (24 minutes ago)
> https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/deaths.htm
> Mortality in the United States, 2020
> Deaths 3,383,729
> Age-adjusted death rate 835.4
> Life expectancy 77.0
>
> https://www.prb.org/usdata/indicator/deaths/chart/ (PRB is Population Reference Bureau)
> Go down this page a little bit and you come to the total number of people dying in the USA and every state from 2013 to 2019. There is an increase of 20-30 thousand every year. Makes sense because the USA population increases by thousands every year. So a few thousand extra die every year too. Logical to have more deaths with more total population. But then 2020 comes along and you have an extra 500,000 dead people. 2,854,838 dead people in 2019 to 3,383,729 dead people in 2020. 528,891 extra dead people in 2020.
>
> Tommy boy, when you have an EXTRA 528 thousand dead people in 2020, it means something is happening. Covid-19 maybe?
>

> Only you would think an extra 528 thousand dead people in one year is a mis-entry. I suspect this is why you lost all your money during the Obama stock market escalation bonanza. You're a financial genius.

You are SUPPOSED to understand numbers as a bookkeeper: 3,383,729 deaths (referring to figure 4) / 100,000 = 33.8 x 85 = 2,876 deaths. Now explain to us what 528,000 extra deaths has to do with Covid-19? Not to mention that those numbers are absolutely false.

Re: 50 years in the making

<1a05a33b-507b-44ab-9775-e2807a135eefn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49368&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49368

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 08:59:02 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 16:59 UTC

On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 3:10:12 AM UTC-8, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> The website he links shows the actual data, he willfully lies and tells us to read different data, then claims it's proof. The only thing it's proof of is that he's a slimy lying piece of shit. The CDC does _not_ show there were no excess deaths. He wants us to look at "Weekly counts of deaths due to select causes of death", not "the number of excess deaths", then claim the former is proof there were no excess deaths. Even the data he tells us to look at very clearly show a significant number of deaths over all other years in the data sets presented during the peak of the outbreak in april 2020, and the 2021 data shows a consistently higher number from august through october than the previous years. Enter yet another of tommy's character flaws - willful misrepresentation of facts (i.e, a fucking liar): If he was honest about presenting excess death data, he would have checked the button for "Excess deaths with and without COVID-19", not "Weekly Number of Deaths by Cause Group". Then it would be plain to anyone reading that the number of excess deaths due to covid 19 - very clearly represented by the blue columns - dramatically exceeds the upper bounds of the predictions (the red line).

One of the things that show you as such a fool is that I actually have had contact with that fool, I know what he thinks of himself. They say that government workers raise to their level of incompetence and he reached that the day he was hired.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / 50 years in the making