"Once they go up, who cares where they come down? That's not my department." -- Werner von Braun

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

SubjectAuthor
* Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonHere is the News
+* Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonNick Charles
|`* Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prisonpothead
| `* Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonNick Charles
|  +* Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonJolly Roger
|  |`- Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonGovernor Swill
|  `* Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonRod Speed
|   `* Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonNick Charles
|    `* Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonRod Speed
|     +- Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prisonpothead
|     `- Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonGronk
`- Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google PrisonKomrad Lincolin Rockwell

1
Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<up4r1l$2dosg$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49423&group=comp.mobile.android#49423

From: new...@here.anon (Here is the News)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 01:08:52 -0500
 by: Here is the News - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 06:08 UTC

https://dailystormer.in/huawei-attempting-to-fully-break-free-of-the-google-prison/

Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

Andrew Anglin
January 27, 2024

Weening off of the Western software that all computer systems are based on
is a big, decades-long project.

However, the fact that there is so much open source software makes it a lot
easier.

RT:
(https://www.rt.com/business/591068-huawei-abandon-android-harmony-os/)

> Huawei has unveiled its new in-house-developed operating system, HarmonyOS
> NEXT, which the Chinese tech giant expects to help it break with the
> Android ecosystem.
>
> The company last week announced plans to roll out a developer version of
> the platform in the second quarter of the current year followed by the
> full commercial version in the fourth quarter. The step comes as part of
> Huawei's ambitious plan to bolster its own software ecosystem.
>
> The Shenzhen-based corporation first unveiled its proprietary Harmony
> system back in 2019, and launched it on some smartphones a year later.
> However, shortly thereafter the US imposed restrictions aimed at cutting
> the Harmony system's access to Google's technical support.
>
> As a result, unlike previous consumer versions of the HarmonyOS, the new
> version is not compatible with Android. The company has opened its first
> developer beta test to acquire testers and experience key features.
>
> Last year, Huawei launched its Mate60 series of smartphones that,
> according to the company, will be powered by a domestically developed chip
> set. The release represented a remarkable comeback into the high-end
> smartphone market for Huawei, which has been struggling under US sanctions
> for years.

I'm hopeful about China's plan to create an entire new computer ecosystem.
If anyone has the resources to do it, it's the Chinese.

But it's very sad that we're all locked in this Jewish techno prison in the
first place.

Closed source software was always a prison.

No one should have agreed to this.

At the beginning of the computer age, we should have listened to the very
smart people claiming that closed software was a prison being built around
us.

https://dailystormer.in/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/knj-1536x1024.jpg

/He tried to warn us./

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<ObqdnW2hLOCx7Cv4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49437&group=comp.mobile.android#49437

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.network!news.neodome.net!news.mixmin.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!tr1.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr3.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.23.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.supernews.com!news.supernews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 10:22:20 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: the.t...@man (Nick Charles)
 by: Nick Charles - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 15:22 UTC

On 1/28/2024 1:08 AM, Here is the News wrote:

> Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

I am no Google fan, but I would much rather be in "Google Prison" than
in a Chinese prison.

That anyone even thinks of software as "prison" is absurd. You are an
idiot if you believe this drivel. That includes the fat blowhard in the
picture.

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<up5s5i$3vqo5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49440&group=comp.mobile.android#49440

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 15:34:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 15:34 UTC

On 2024-01-28, Nick Charles <the.thin@man> wrote:
> On 1/28/2024 1:08 AM, Here is the News wrote:
>
>> Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison
>
> I am no Google fan, but I would much rather be in "Google Prison" than
> in a Chinese prison.
>
> That anyone even thinks of software as "prison" is absurd. You are an
> idiot if you believe this drivel. That includes the fat blowhard in the
> picture.

Same here.
I also wonder how many of our high tech electronics that are manufactured in China, are carrying
back doors that the Chinese can exploit?

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<mT6dnaXHjtN05iv4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49445&group=comp.mobile.android#49445

Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 11:08:09 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: the.t...@man (Nick Charles)
 by: Nick Charles - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 16:08 UTC

On 1/28/2024 10:34 AM, pothead wrote:
> On 2024-01-28, Nick Charles <the.thin@man> wrote:
>> On 1/28/2024 1:08 AM, Here is the News wrote:
>>
>>> Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison
>>
>> I am no Google fan, but I would much rather be in "Google Prison" than
>> in a Chinese prison.
>>
>> That anyone even thinks of software as "prison" is absurd. You are an
>> idiot if you believe this drivel. That includes the fat blowhard in the
>> picture.
>>
> Same here.
> I also wonder how many of our high tech electronics that are manufactured in China, are carrying
> back doors that the Chinese can exploit?

Probably none. That is kooky konspiracy stuff. It would be found.

Which also explains why a Chinese company wants to create a Chinese OS.
It has nothing to do with the alleged "Google Prison". China just
wants all the info that Google currently collects to remain in China.

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<up5use$bt3$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49446&group=comp.mobile.android#49446

Followup: alt.rush-limbaugh,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh.tv-show,soc.support.transgendered,alt.atheism.satire
From: bigtrump...@protonmail.com (Komrad Lincolin Rockwell)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 16:20:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Komrad Lincolin Rock - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 16:20 UTC

>At the beginning of the computer age, we should have listened to the very
>smart people claiming that closed software was a prison being built around
>us.
>
>https://dailystormer.in/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/knj-1536x1024.jpg
>
>/He tried to warn us./

You got Jewed. Use a Russian phone OS made in St. Petersburgh. When they
find Putin there will be one in his ass.

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<l1nh1lFiuknU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49448&group=comp.mobile.android#49448

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: 28 Jan 2024 17:26:13 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 17:26 UTC

On 2024-01-28, Nick Charles <the.thin@man> wrote:
> On 1/28/2024 10:34 AM, pothead wrote:

>>> I am no Google fan, but I would much rather be in "Google Prison"
>>> than in a Chinese prison.
>>>
>>> That anyone even thinks of software as "prison" is absurd. You are
>>> an idiot if you believe this drivel. That includes the fat blowhard
>>> in the picture.
>>>
>> Same here. I also wonder how many of our high tech electronics that
>> are manufactured in China, are carrying back doors that the Chinese
>> can exploit?
>
> Probably none. That is kooky konspiracy stuff. It would be found.

Flashback to Bloomberg's unfounded bullshit claims that the Chinese were
supposedly sneaking tiny chips that were magically capable of sending
data to China with zero footprint onto motherboards of Super Micro
servers - chips that mysteriously couldn't be found by anyone after
audits from Super Micro, tons of their customers, the NSA, the FBI, and
a few other governmental agencies. People who blindly believe this
bullshit are gullible as fuck.

> Which also explains why a Chinese company wants to create a Chinese OS.
> It has nothing to do with the alleged "Google Prison". China just
> wants all the info that Google currently collects to remain in China.

Natch.

JR

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<op.2h9xon0ibyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49454&group=comp.mobile.android#49454

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 07:25:25 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 20:25 UTC

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 03:08:09 +1100, Nick Charles <the.thin@man> wrote:

> On 1/28/2024 10:34 AM, pothead wrote:

>>> I am no Google fan, but I would much rather be in "Google Prison" than
>>> in a Chinese prison.
>>>
>>> That anyone even thinks of software as "prison" is absurd. You are an
>>> idiot if you believe this drivel. That includes the fat blowhard in
>>> the
>>> picture.
>>>
>> Same here.
>> I also wonder how many of our high tech electronics that are
>> manufactured in China, are carrying
>> back doors that the Chinese can exploit?
>
> Probably none. That is kooky konspiracy stuff. It would be found.

Must explain why so many countrys
are banning Huawei 5G infrastructure.

> Which also explains why a Chinese company wants to create a Chinese OS.
> It has nothing to do with the alleged "Google Prison". China just
> wants all the info that Google currently collects to remain in China.

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<mT6dnaTHjtOoISv4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49456&group=comp.mobile.android#49456

Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 15:42:29 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: the.t...@man (Nick Charles)
 by: Nick Charles - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 20:42 UTC

On 1/28/2024 3:25 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 03:08:09 +1100, Nick Charles <the.thin@man> wrote:

>>> Same here.
>>> I also wonder how many of our high tech electronics that are
>>> manufactured in China, are carrying
>>> back doors that the Chinese can exploit?
>>
>> Probably none.  That is kooky konspiracy stuff.  It would be found.
>
> Must explain why so many countrys
> are banning Huawei 5G infrastructure.

This is the reason:

"U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) on January 28, 2019, charged Huawei
with bank fraud and stealing trade secrets. In a 13-count indictment DOJ
charged Huawei, its chief financial officer, and two affiliated firms
with a laundry list of crimes including conspiracy, money laundering,
bank and wire fraud, flouting U.S. sanctions on Iran, and obstruction of
justice."

Nothing about spying via "back doors". THAT remains kooktard konspiracy
stuff. The real issues have nothing to do with "back doors".

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<op.2h968darbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49470&group=comp.mobile.android#49470

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 10:51:39 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 23:51 UTC

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 07:42:29 +1100, Nick Charles <the.thin@man> wrote:

> On 1/28/2024 3:25 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

>>> Probably none. That is kooky konspiracy stuff. It would be found.

>> Must explain why so many countrys
>> are banning Huawei 5G infrastructure.

> This is the reason:

Nope.

> "U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) on January 28, 2019, charged Huawei
> with bank fraud and stealing trade secrets. In a 13-count indictment DOJ
> charged Huawei, its chief financial officer, and two affiliated firms
> with a laundry list of crimes including conspiracy, money laundering,
> bank and wire fraud, flouting U.S. sanctions on Iran, and obstruction of
> justice."

> Nothing about spying via "back doors".

Only because those other crimes were easy to prove
and spying using back doors is impossible to prove.

> THAT remains kooktard konspiracy stuff.

Nope.

> The real issues have nothing to do with "back doors".

Wrong.

Australia has banned any govt employees or parliamentarians from having
their phones.

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<up6rjf$52eq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49472&group=comp.mobile.android#49472

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 00:30:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 00:30 UTC

On 2024-01-28, Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 07:42:29 +1100, Nick Charles <the.thin@man> wrote:

>>> Must explain why so many countrys
>>> are banning Huawei 5G infrastructure.
>
>> This is the reason:
>
> Nope.
>
>> "U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) on January 28, 2019, charged Huawei
>> with bank fraud and stealing trade secrets. In a 13-count indictment DOJ
>> charged Huawei, its chief financial officer, and two affiliated firms
>> with a laundry list of crimes including conspiracy, money laundering,
>> bank and wire fraud, flouting U.S. sanctions on Iran, and obstruction of
>> justice."
>
>> Nothing about spying via "back doors".
>
> Only because those other crimes were easy to prove
> and spying using back doors is impossible to prove.
>
>> THAT remains kooktard konspiracy stuff.
>
> Nope.
>
>> The real issues have nothing to do with "back doors".
>
> Wrong.
>
> Australia has banned any govt employees or parliamentarians from having
> their phones.

Indeed.
With the millions of lines of code that go into a typical device it would be trivial for China to
slip something nefarious into manufacturing and nobody would notice.
Even if it was a 'flaw' that allows exploitation of a particular device, by the time people noticed
it would be too late.
Hell, the NSA has been doing this for years. Do you think Windows is free from the NSA being able
to track you if they want?
You're a fool if you do.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.
Crazy Joe Biden Is A Demented Imbecile.
Impeach Joe Biden 2022.

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<up7ems$bfka$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49490&group=comp.mobile.android#49490

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Gronk)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 22:56:41 -0700
 by: Gronk - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 05:56 UTC

Rod Speed wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 07:42:29 +1100, Nick Charles <the.thin@man> wrote:
>> On 1/28/2024 3:25 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
>>> On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 03:08:09 +1100, Nick Charles <the.thin@man> wrote:

>> The real issues have nothing to do with "back doors".
>
> Wrong.
>
> Australia has banned any govt employees or parliamentarians from having
> their phones.

Great Crom, does anyone really want a ChiCom OS????

Re: Huawei Attempting to Fully Break Free of the Google Prison

<0l7frip7l8cjktdi8rrflu5r1k99ln5dgi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49492&group=comp.mobile.android#49492

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 07:48:50 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 12:48 UTC

On 28 Jan 2024 17:26:13 GMT, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

>Flashback to Bloomberg's unfounded bullshit claims that the Chinese were
>supposedly sneaking tiny chips that were magically capable of sending
>data to China with zero footprint onto motherboards of Super Micro
>servers - chips that mysteriously couldn't be found by anyone after
>audits from Super Micro, tons of their customers, the NSA, the FBI, and
>a few other governmental agencies. People who blindly believe this
>bullshit are gullible as fuck.

Doesn't gullible define partisans?

Swill
--
A Republican making sense:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/10/15/sotu-crenshaw-full.cnn

It's really hard to screw up America.
A lot of people have been trying for well over 250 years
but we're still on top. - Dan Crenshaw (R) Texas

GO TRUMP! Go farther . . . FARTHER . . . I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.