"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it." -- Marvin the paranoid android

computers / comp.mobile.android / United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

SubjectAuthor
* United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fireduseapen
+* Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedJörg Lorenz
> [...]
+* Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedmicky
|+* Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedAlan Browne
||`* Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedGronk
|| +* Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedGovernor Swill
|| |+* Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedmicky
|| |`- Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedAlan Browne
|| `- Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedAlan Browne
|+- Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedGovernor Swill
|+- Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedJörg Lorenz
|`- Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedChris
+- Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedMr. B1ack
+- Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedThe Real Bev
`- Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are firedDavid Lesher

Pages:123
United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<XnsB10F43A54153BX@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49688&group=comp.mobile.android#49688

From: yourd...@outlook.com (useapen)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Subject: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:24:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: useapen - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:24 UTC

United Airlines has sharpened its onboard protocols, explicitly directing
flight attendants to steer clear of personal electronic devices while on
duty.

This directive serves as a reinforcement of United's commitment to safety
and customer service, aiming to ensure that flight attendants remain alert
and ready to respond to any situation, thus prioritizing passengers'
welfare over personal screen time. A recent memo sent to flight attendants
is a direct warning with potentially severe consequences.

"Use of a personal electronic device and/or accessories is not permitted
while customers are on board the aircraft, with the exception of crew
rest. ... Any crewmember found in violation will be subject to performance
discipline up to and including termination," the memo states.

This rule underscores the airline's expectation for crew members to remain
approachable and courteous, ensuring that passengers always receive the
attentive service they expect and deserve.

Why United Airlines wants its flight attendants to put away their phones
The airline, in its communication to the flight crew, noted that attentive
service is not compatible with the distractions of personal devices. This
stance is underscored by the potential risks identified by United. A
distracted attendant could overlook a security incident, suffer or cause
injury during landing or even unintentionally deploy an evacuation slide.

United Airlines� message to its flight crew: You�re always on duty
The measures United is taking reflect a broader industry trend,
emphasizing the professional image and readiness of flight attendants.
It's a reminder that the role of the flight crew extends beyond safety to
encompass the entire flying experience.

United's communication suggests the company's values and the expectation
of professionalism apply at all times, even when flight attendants are in
public view but not actively on duty.

Non-compliance could result in termination
To reinforce these standards, United has not hesitated to state the
consequences of non-compliance � disciplinary actions, up to and including
job termination. This strict approach indicates the seriousness with which
United views the customer experience and the safety environment onboard
their aircraft.

United strives to improve customer satisfaction
The airline's action is a step further in a series of efforts to enhance
customer satisfaction, including soliciting passenger feedback on crew
performance and implementing new service standards aimed at improving the
in-flight experience. From hanging coats in premium cabins to ensuring a
quiet atmosphere and offering pre-departure drinks, United is pushing for
a higher level of service.

United expects high standards from cabin crew
While United's cabin crew is known for its dedication and ability to
handle the rigors of a demanding job, the airline's latest policy serves
as a reminder of the high standards expected from them. United's message
is clear. The focus should always be on safety and service, and personal
devices should not distract from this mission.

United faces challenges amid labor issues
This policy comes at a critical time as airlines continue to recover from
the impacts of the pandemic and face ongoing labor negotiations. United's
firm stance is a signal the airline is committed to excellence in service
and is prepared to take the necessary steps to maintain and improve its
reputation among passengers. The airline's crew members are now more than
ever required to demonstrate their dedication to the company's ethos of
attentive and exceptional service.

Kurt's key takeaways
United Airlines has made a bold move by banning personal devices for
flight attendants, sending a clear message that safety and service are the
top priorities for the airline. While some may see this as a harsh or
restrictive policy, others may appreciate the professionalism and
attentiveness that it promotes. United is not alone in this trend. Other
airlines have also implemented similar rules or standards for their cabin
crew.

The question is, will this policy make a difference in the customer
experience and the safety environment onboard United�s flights? Will it
help United regain its reputation and trust among passengers, especially
after the challenges of the pandemic and the labor issues? Only time will
tell, but one thing is certain. United�s flight attendants have a lot of
responsibility and expectations on their shoulders, and they deserve our
respect and gratitude for their hard work.

Do you agree or disagree with United�s policy? Why or why not? Let us know
in the comments below. Let us know by writing us at Cyberguy.com/Contact

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/united-to-flight-attendants-put-away-phone-
or-you-are-fired

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<upq8go$7jf8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49689&group=comp.mobile.android#49689

From: hugyb...@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 10:07:36 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 09:07 UTC

On 05.02.24 09:24, useapen wrote:
> United Airlines has sharpened its onboard protocols, explicitly directing
> flight attendants to steer clear of personal electronic devices while on
> duty.

> https://www.foxnews.com/tech/united-to-flight-attendants-put-away-phone-
> or-you-are-fired

Fox as a source has *zero credibility*.
Nevertheless United puts the passenger first. Nothing to complain about.

--
"Roma locuta, causa finita." (Augustinus)

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<upqo79$a759$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49699&group=comp.mobile.android#49699

From: bou...@rorke.za (Colour Sergeant Bourne)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:35:37 -0500
 by: Colour Sergeant Bour - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 13:35 UTC

On 2/5/24 4:07 AM, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> On 05.02.24 09:24, useapen wrote:
>> United Airlines has sharpened its onboard protocols, explicitly directing
>> flight attendants to steer clear of personal electronic devices while on
>> duty.
>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/tech/united-to-flight-attendants-put-away-phone-
>> or-you-are-fired
>
> Fox as a source has *zero credibility*.
> Nevertheless United puts the passenger first. Nothing to complain about.

Ummm, wouldn't it have actually been more accurate if you had simply
said that you don't like Fox News because they don't parrot the
mainstream media's disingenuous liberal mantra which is oh so comforting
to you and those of your ilk?

--
Arguing with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how
skilled a player you are, the pigeon is just going to knock over pieces,

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<tm7wN.43733$9cLc.17451@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49703&group=comp.mobile.android#49703

Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 10:43:20 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 15:43 UTC

On 2024-02-05 08:35, Colour Sergeant Bourne wrote:
> On 2/5/24 4:07 AM, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>> On 05.02.24 09:24, useapen wrote:
>>> United Airlines has sharpened its onboard protocols, explicitly
>>> directing
>>> flight attendants to steer clear of personal electronic devices while on
>>> duty.
>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/tech/united-to-flight-attendants-put-away-phone-
>>> or-you-are-fired
>>
>> Fox as a source has *zero credibility*.
>> Nevertheless United puts the passenger first. Nothing to complain about.
>>
> Ummm, wouldn't it have actually been more accurate if you had simply
> said that you don't like Fox News because they don't parrot the
> mainstream media's disingenuous liberal mantra

Faux News is the correct spelling for well earned reasons. Although
they do get kudos for:

- Shep Smith revealing the right wing lies about Uranium One (lies
propagated by Faux News), and

- calling the 2020 election result for Arizona (enraging the right for
not lying about things as Faux News is programmed to do).

Of course Shep Smith had to leave Faux after that - if you can't sing
from the company Faux News Hymn book, you're not a Faux News Man.

Can't wait to see them lose in court against Smartmatic and getting
seriously dinged. Hopefully, unlike Dominion, Smartmatic will hold
their feet to the fire through the end.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<5c52sip2268cmmvq1b4t58fdtra5d63k4o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49707&group=comp.mobile.android#49707

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 12:07:50 -0500
 by: micky - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 17:07 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:24:55 -0000 (UTC), useapen
<yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:

>"Use of a personal electronic device and/or accessories is not permitted
>while customers are on board the aircraft, with the exception of crew
>rest. ... Any crewmember found in violation will be subject to performance
>discipline up to and including termination," the memo states

I have doubts if this is a good idea. I was on a United AL flight and
the flight attendant read on Yahoo News a Breaking News story that our
plane was crashing. She notified the pilot and he took care of it. What
would have happened if she weren't using her phone?

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<SE8wN.301797$7sbb.192182@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49708&group=comp.mobile.android#49708

Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
From: bykk...@dogshit~rag.nut (Mr. B1ack)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 09:11:14 -0800
 by: Mr. B1ack - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 17:11 UTC

On 2/5/2024 12:24 AM, useapen wrote:
> United Airlines has sharpened its onboard protocols, explicitly directing
> flight attendants to steer clear of personal electronic devices while on
> duty.

That's a good move. Even if flight attendants aren't actively doing anything
regarding the flight, their attention should not be distracted.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<rk52si1i8vh5upppggatlubuj6krverq7l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49709&group=comp.mobile.android#49709

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 12:15:59 -0500
 by: micky - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 17:15 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:35:37 -0500, Colour
Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:

>On 2/5/24 4:07 AM, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>> On 05.02.24 09:24, useapen wrote:
>>> United Airlines has sharpened its onboard protocols, explicitly directing
>>> flight attendants to steer clear of personal electronic devices while on
>>> duty.
>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/tech/united-to-flight-attendants-put-away-phone-
>>> or-you-are-fired
>>
>> Fox as a source has *zero credibility*.

If its not politics, I would not rate it that low. (Although I don't
keep track of how well they do on sports, transportation, consumer
issues, weather.)

Anyhow,
https://viewfromthewing.com/united-airlines-gives-flight-attendants-ultimatum-quit-playing-with-your-phones-or-youre-fired/
says the same thing.

>> Nevertheless United puts the passenger first. Nothing to complain about.
>>
>Ummm, wouldn't it have actually been more accurate if you had simply
>said that you don't like Fox News because they don't parrot the
>mainstream media's disingenuous liberal mantra which is oh so comforting
>to you and those of your ilk?

No. I and others don't like fxnews because when it suits them they lie.
That's why they have to pay 780 Million dollars, Million!, to Dominion
Voting Machines, for knowingly lying about them. Texts and voicemails
by high-ranking officers, employees, and on-air personalities show
undeniably that they knew what they said about Dominion was false and
they kept saying it.

>--
>Arguing with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how
>skilled a player you are, the pigeon is just going to knock over pieces,
>crap on the board, and strut around like it’s victorious.

Arguing with "conservatives" and trumpies is just like this.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<upr6pp$d0lh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49710&group=comp.mobile.android#49710

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 09:44:23 -0800
 by: The Real Bev - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 17:44 UTC

On 2/5/24 12:24 AM, useapen wrote:
> United Airlines has sharpened its onboard protocols, explicitly directing
> flight attendants to steer clear of personal electronic devices while on
> duty...

Probably too little too late. A long-time first-class
business-road-warrior friend with millions of United miles came to hate
them with a blinding passion for their rotten service.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Truly, our society's bellyaching sissies are in an elite category.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<yW9wN.42040$Wbff.8220@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49712&group=comp.mobile.android#49712

Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 13:38:21 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 18:38 UTC

On 2024-02-05 12:07, micky wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:24:55 -0000 (UTC), useapen
> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>

>> "Use of a personal electronic device and/or accessories is not permitted
>> while customers are on board the aircraft, with the exception of crew
>> rest. ... Any crewmember found in violation will be subject to performance
>> discipline up to and including termination," the memo states
>
> I have doubts if this is a good idea. I was on a United AL flight and
> the flight attendant read on Yahoo News a Breaking News story that our
> plane was crashing. She notified the pilot and he took care of it. What
> would have happened if she weren't using her phone?

I'd call that an edge case.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<2bb3si9hutju4rb9hubj3cubamra2k4lk5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49720&group=comp.mobile.android#49720

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 22:55:13 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 03:55 UTC

On Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:35:37 -0500, Colour Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:

>Ummm, wouldn't it have actually been more accurate if you had simply
>said that you don't like Fox News because they don't parrot the
>mainstream media's disingenuous liberal mantra which is oh so comforting
>to you and those of your ilk?

It would be even more accurate to say there are 787 million pieces of evidence that Fox is
a bunch greedy, lying assholes.

Swill
--
The Cold War then and now:
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%40yarkot&src=typed_query&f=top>

https://www.forwardparty.com/

Go Trump! Go farther . . . FARTHER . . . I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<8mb3sidt2jr4bvqeodhj4lk3k027c4i59m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49721&group=comp.mobile.android#49721

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 23:01:22 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 04:01 UTC

On Mon, 05 Feb 2024 12:07:50 -0500, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:24:55 -0000 (UTC), useapen
><yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>

>>"Use of a personal electronic device and/or accessories is not permitted
>>while customers are on board the aircraft, with the exception of crew
>>rest. ... Any crewmember found in violation will be subject to performance
>>discipline up to and including termination," the memo states
>
>I have doubts if this is a good idea. I was on a United AL flight and
>the flight attendant read on Yahoo News a Breaking News story that our
>plane was crashing. She notified the pilot and he took care of it. What
>would have happened if she weren't using her phone?

They wouldn't have been bothered with a bullshit story in Yahoo news.

Swill
--
The Cold War then and now:
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%40yarkot&src=typed_query&f=top>

https://www.forwardparty.com/

Go Trump! Go farther . . . FARTHER . . . I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<uptd9o$te22$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49725&group=comp.mobile.android#49725

From: bou...@rorke.za (Colour Sergeant Bourne)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 08:47:35 -0500
 by: Colour Sergeant Bour - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 13:47 UTC

On 2/5/24 10:55 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:35:37 -0500, Colour Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:
>
>> Ummm, wouldn't it have actually been more accurate if you had simply
>> said that you don't like Fox News because they don't parrot the
>> mainstream media's disingenuous liberal mantra which is oh so comforting
>> to you and those of your ilk?
>
> It would be even more accurate to say there are 787 million pieces of evidence that Fox is
> a bunch greedy, lying assholes.
>
> Swill
> --
> The Cold War then and now:
> <https://twitter.com/search?q=%40yarkot&src=typed_query&f=top>
>
> https://www.forwardparty.com/
>
> Go Trump! Go farther . . . FARTHER . . . I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!
>
> Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!
>
> Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!
>
> Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!
>
> Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.
> <https://www2.deloitte.com/ua/uk/pages/registration-forms/help-cities.html>

Not to quibble, but I fear you've confused who those many pieces of
evidence point toward. It's your friends, family and co-workers-- not
Fox ;-)

--
Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<uptm3r$usas$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49727&group=comp.mobile.android#49727

From: hugyb...@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 17:18:02 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 16:18 UTC

Am 05.02.24 um 14:35 schrieb Colour Sergeant Bourne:
> On 2/5/24 4:07 AM, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>> On 05.02.24 09:24, useapen wrote:
>>> United Airlines has sharpened its onboard protocols, explicitly directing
>>> flight attendants to steer clear of personal electronic devices while on
>>> duty.
>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/tech/united-to-flight-attendants-put-away-phone-
>>> or-you-are-fired
>>
>> Fox as a source has *zero credibility*.
>> Nevertheless United puts the passenger first. Nothing to complain about.
>>
> Ummm, wouldn't it have actually been more accurate if you had simply
> said that you don't like Fox News because they don't parrot the
> mainstream media's disingenuous liberal mantra which is oh so comforting
> to you and those of your ilk?

This so called news channel had to pay already hundreds of million of
Dollars because of fake news lies and a lot more. So simple.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<uptmlq$usas$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49728&group=comp.mobile.android#49728

From: hugyb...@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 17:27:38 +0100
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 16:27 UTC

Am 05.02.24 um 18:07 schrieb micky:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:24:55 -0000 (UTC), useapen
> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>

>> "Use of a personal electronic device and/or accessories is not permitted
>> while customers are on board the aircraft, with the exception of crew
>> rest. ... Any crewmember found in violation will be subject to performance
>> discipline up to and including termination," the memo states
>
> I have doubts if this is a good idea. I was on a United AL flight and
> the flight attendant read on Yahoo News a Breaking News story that our
> plane was crashing. She notified the pilot and he took care of it. What
> would have happened if she weren't using her phone?

The plane would have landed safely.

N.B.: All the Red Neck x-posting-groups deleted.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<uptuhh$10nfr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49730&group=comp.mobile.android#49730

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 18:41:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Lc1gmkvrPPA4S54zLZPB1481X3I=
 by: Chris - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 18:41 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:24:55 -0000 (UTC), useapen
> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>

>> "Use of a personal electronic device and/or accessories is not permitted
>> while customers are on board the aircraft, with the exception of crew
>> rest. ... Any crewmember found in violation will be subject to performance
>> discipline up to and including termination," the memo states
>
> I have doubts if this is a good idea. I was on a United AL flight and
> the flight attendant read on Yahoo News a Breaking News story that our
> plane was crashing. She notified the pilot and he took care of it. What
> would have happened if she weren't using her phone?

File under: things that never happened.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<upv1ee$19mok$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49733&group=comp.mobile.android#49733

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Gronk)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 21:37:34 -0700
 by: Gronk - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 04:37 UTC

Governor Swill wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:35:37 -0500, Colour Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:
>
>> Ummm, wouldn't it have actually been more accurate if you had simply
>> said that you don't like Fox News because they don't parrot the
>> mainstream media's disingenuous liberal mantra which is oh so comforting
>> to you and those of your ilk?
>
> It would be even more accurate to say there are 787 million pieces of evidence that Fox is
> a bunch greedy, lying assholes.

+10

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<upv1gk$19mok$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49734&group=comp.mobile.android#49734

From: inval...@invalid.invalid (Gronk)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 21:38:43 -0700
 by: Gronk - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 04:38 UTC

Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2024-02-05 12:07, micky wrote:
>> In comp.mobile.android, on Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:24:55 -0000 (UTC), useapen
>> <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>>

>>> "Use of a personal electronic device and/or accessories is not permitted
>>> while customers are on board the aircraft, with the exception of crew
>>> rest. ... Any crewmember found in violation will be subject to performance
>>> discipline up to and including termination," the memo states
>>
>> I have doubts if this is a good idea.  I was on a United AL flight and
>> the flight attendant read on Yahoo News a Breaking News story that our
>> plane was crashing.  She notified the pilot and he took care of it. What
>> would have happened if she weren't using her phone?
>
> I'd call that an edge case.

I'd also call that desperate and MADE UP.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<pbj6sipau04t0mmro2b67oqkd8uruq9rgg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49736&group=comp.mobile.android#49736

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 04:33:19 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 09:33 UTC

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 08:47:35 -0500, Colour Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:

>On 2/5/24 10:55 PM, Governor Swill wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:35:37 -0500, Colour Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:
>>
>>> Ummm, wouldn't it have actually been more accurate if you had simply
>>> said that you don't like Fox News because they don't parrot the
>>> mainstream media's disingenuous liberal mantra which is oh so comforting
>>> to you and those of your ilk?
>>
>> It would be even more accurate to say there are 787 million pieces of evidence that Fox is
>> a bunch greedy, lying assholes.

>Not to quibble, but I fear you've confused who those many pieces of
>evidence point toward. It's your friends, family and co-workers-- not
>Fox ;-)

Then maybe they should donate to Fox to help pay it off. ;)

Mom after a family reunion trip: "I spent the last weekend with Aida and Duke in North
Carolina. First thing in the morning the turn on Fox news and it stays on day and night.
I couldn't wait to get out of that house!"

Swill
--
The Cold War then and now:
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%40yarkot&src=typed_query&f=top>

https://www.forwardparty.com/

Go Trump! Go farther . . . FARTHER . . . I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<fkj6si1ip0sn6kmqet1jjhkioo2ardgmbe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49738&group=comp.mobile.android#49738

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 04:37:19 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 09:37 UTC

On Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:35:37 -0500, Colour Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:

>On 2/5/24 4:07 AM, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>> On 05.02.24 09:24, useapen wrote:
>>> United Airlines has sharpened its onboard protocols, explicitly directing
>>> flight attendants to steer clear of personal electronic devices while on
>>> duty.
>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/tech/united-to-flight-attendants-put-away-phone-
>>> or-you-are-fired
>>
>> Fox as a source has *zero credibility*.
>> Nevertheless United puts the passenger first. Nothing to complain about.
>>
>Ummm, wouldn't it have actually been more accurate if you had simply
>said that you don't like Fox News because they don't parrot the
>mainstream media's disingenuous liberal mantra which is oh so comforting
>to you and those of your ilk?

No, he said it correctly. Fox has zero cred. The MSM retracts when found to be factually
incorrect. Fox doubles down which turns its incorrect facts into lies.

Swill
--
The Cold War then and now:
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%40yarkot&src=typed_query&f=top>

https://www.forwardparty.com/

Go Trump! Go farther . . . FARTHER . . . I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<3a37sid3nmj3j3fegaf2676eh9fs71j5nc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49748&group=comp.mobile.android#49748

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 09:02:05 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:02 UTC

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 21:38:43 -0700, Gronk <invalide@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Alan Browne wrote:
>> On 2024-02-05 12:07, micky wrote:

>>> I have doubts if this is a good idea.  I was on a United AL flight and
>>> the flight attendant read on Yahoo News a Breaking News story that our
>>> plane was crashing.  She notified the pilot and he took care of it. What
>>> would have happened if she weren't using her phone?
>>
>> I'd call that an edge case.
>>

>I'd also call that desperate and MADE UP.

I'm thinking it was sarcasm.

Swill
--
The Cold War then and now:
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%40yarkot&src=typed_query&f=top>

https://www.forwardparty.com/

Go Trump! Go farther . . . FARTHER . . . I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<4j57sipj8s0geg7dfd4i76nc357d77n8b0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49749&group=comp.mobile.android#49749

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 09:40:52 -0500
 by: micky - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:40 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 07 Feb 2024 09:02:05 -0500, Governor
Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 21:38:43 -0700, Gronk <invalide@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Alan Browne wrote:

>>> I'd call that an edge case.
>>>

>>I'd also call that desperate and MADE UP.
>
>I'm thinking it was sarcasm.

+1

>Swill

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<fl57si5rtnfklc5l9nljom0as05poq6rtf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49750&group=comp.mobile.android#49750

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 09:44:07 -0500
 by: micky - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:44 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 07 Feb 2024 04:33:19 -0500, Governor
Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Not to quibble, but I fear you've confused who those many pieces of
>>evidence point toward. It's your friends, family and co-workers-- not
>>Fox ;-)
>
>Then maybe they should donate to Fox to help pay it off. ;)
>
>Mom after a family reunion trip: "I spent the last weekend with Aida and Duke in North
>Carolina. First thing in the morning the turn on Fox news and it stays on day and night.
>I couldn't wait to get out of that house!"

That would be terrible. But I don't even like it when the program is
just cartoons or something and the tv is on constantly even though no
one is watching it. It's more the lack of peace and quiet than the
waste of electricity, because afaik even the large screens don't use
much electricity.

>Swill

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<zhNwN.217234$vFZa.44555@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49754&group=comp.mobile.android#49754

Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 10:25:19 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 15:25 UTC

On 2024-02-06 23:38, Gronk wrote:
> Alan Browne wrote:
>> On 2024-02-05 12:07, micky wrote:

>>> I have doubts if this is a good idea.  I was on a United AL flight and
>>> the flight attendant read on Yahoo News a Breaking News story that our
>>> plane was crashing.  She notified the pilot and he took care of it. What
>>> would have happened if she weren't using her phone?
>>
>> I'd call that an edge case.
>>

> I'd also call that desperate and MADE UP.

Need to get your humerous looked at.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<dmNwN.217235$vFZa.39424@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49755&group=comp.mobile.android#49755

Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 10:30:17 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 15:30 UTC

On 2024-02-07 09:02, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 21:38:43 -0700, Gronk <invalide@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Alan Browne wrote:

>>> I'd call that an edge case.
>>>

>> I'd also call that desperate and MADE UP.
>
> I'm thinking it was sarcasm.

Because you're infected with the ability to think. Others seem immune
to it.

I didn't mean to be sarcastic, actually, just a funny retort to a funny
bit by mickey.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: United to flight attendants: Put away your phone or you are fired

<zoNwN.217236$vFZa.132327@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=49756&group=comp.mobile.android#49756

Newsgroups: alt.airline.united,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 10:32:47 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 15:32 UTC

On 2024-02-07 04:33, Governor Swill wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 08:47:35 -0500, Colour Sergeant Bourne <bourne@rorke.za> wrote:

>>> It would be even more accurate to say there are 787 million pieces of evidence that Fox is
>>> a bunch greedy, lying assholes.
>
>> Not to quibble, but I fear you've confused who those many pieces of
>> evidence point toward. It's your friends, family and co-workers-- not
>> Fox ;-)
>
> Then maybe they should donate to Fox to help pay it off. ;)
>
> Mom after a family reunion trip: "I spent the last weekend with Aida and Duke in North
> Carolina. First thing in the morning the turn on Fox news and it stays on day and night.
> I couldn't wait to get out of that house!"

I have a friend who can't stand not having a radio playing all day.
News mainly.
He's miffed when I'm over at his place and we're puttering on a car or
something and I ask him to turn off the radio.