Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 08:11:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Pouting
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 16:11 UTC

To test the Trek Alpha today I had intended a 45 mile ride to the far end of Fremont to the Mission Coffee Co (shop really). Then good sense interposed itself. By using long term pain killers such as Aleve and Tylenol 8 Hour my back has been getting better. So it probably just as well to increase my ride distances more slowly rather than doubling them.

Spring will bring long rides and climbing. I have stopped climbing this winter because it is colder than normal and I do NOT want to hit black ice again. I was lucky enough the last time to hit traction just before sliding off the road and rather wouldn't test that again.

Re: Pouting

<a9665340-e14c-4ecf-ae2c-87bb342c784dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=49772&group=rec.bicycles.tech#49772

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 08:38:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Pouting
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 16:38 UTC

On Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 8:11:21 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
> To test the Trek Alpha today I had intended a 45 mile ride to the far end of Fremont to the Mission Coffee Co (shop really). Then good sense interposed itself. By using long term pain killers such as Aleve and Tylenol 8 Hour my back has been getting better. So it probably just as well to increase my ride distances more slowly rather than doubling them.
>
> Spring will bring long rides and climbing. I have stopped climbing this winter because it is colder than normal and I do NOT want to hit black ice again. I was lucky enough the last time to hit traction just before sliding off the road and rather wouldn't test that again.
The Trek is 19 lbs and then adding the flat kit and water bottle kicks it up to 21. When I got to the mid-way stop for breakfast I was feeling so good that I took a couple of detours that added enough mileage to make it 41 miles and while it rode very quiet, being aluminum and hitting a pothole or such DOES make a loud ping. I suppose this is from the shift cables hitting the frame. They used to put O'rings on these to prevent them moving enough to do that. But like all unnecessary parts they went the way of the sabertooth tiger, which judging from my cat didn't disappear at all.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Pouting