From: and...@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: What free app functionality do you use that doesn't have free apps without ads?
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 04:03:57 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:NcdDITfzyb/3Y46D1PDmZ2usFY4= sha256:J3RNGjuShwK8U5OzWw/OFuZ1zTKXUeJMYQMLoAR/DFc=
 by: Andrew - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 04:03 UTC

Other than specific branded apps (such as CBS News or Paramount+ or
Facebook or Spotify and all those specific-brand apps which have ads),
the only free app functionality I ever found that didn't have a free ap
without an ad were the toon makers and the comprehensive app updaters.

Everything else I've found to be free if you know how to use app finder.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scadica.aq

Without listing brands, but by listing the functionality that the app does,
is there anything that doesn't have free apps without ads that you use?

Re: What free app functionality do you use that doesn't have free apps without ads?

<urtagm$frec$1@news.usenet.ovh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=50353&group=comp.mobile.android#50353

From: stanleyr...@nothere.uk (Harry S Robins)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 13:32:39 -0600
 by: Harry S Robins - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 19:32 UTC

On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 04:03:57 -0000 (UTC), Andrew wrote:

> the only free app functionality I ever found that didn't have a free ap
> without an ad were the toon makers and the comprehensive app updaters.

The open source APK Updater by rumboalla aggregates the results from
APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, IzzyOnDroid, APKPure, GitLab and GitHub.
https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater

Otherwise, you're stuck with Google Play Store updaters, all with ads.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.update.software.updateallapps

Re: What free app functionality do you use that doesn't have free apps without ads?

<uruscj$onnt$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=50370&group=comp.mobile.android#50370

From: ind...@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 15:13:47 +0530
 by: Indira - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 09:43 UTC

Harry S Robins wrote:

> Otherwise, you're stuck with Google Play Store updaters, all with ads.
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.update.software.updateallapps

To get rid of those in-app ads, set the Private DNS to an ad-blocking DNS.
Android13 Settings > Connections > More connection settings > Private DNS

Set the PrivateDNS to one of these three ad blocking hostnames.
dns.adguard.com or one.one.one.one or 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com
To test it out, I installed that app above and set the PrivateDNS to
dns.adguard.com and it immediately blocked all those in-app ads.