From: dieterha...@gmail.com (db)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Connecting phone to laptop
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:20:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: db - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:20 UTC

I have forgotten what I have to do to connect
my ANdroid phone to my laptop (running Kubuntu)
for file transfers one to the other. I connect
them with a USB cable, and Linux says "open", but
I don't get to see the phone's files, just an empty
window.
What do I have to do for a proper connection?

---
db

Re: Connecting phone to laptop

<gkm8ckxlpl.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=50616&group=comp.mobile.android#50616

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Connecting phone to laptop
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:34:40 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:34 UTC

On 2024-03-13 14:20, db wrote:
> I have forgotten what I have to do to connect
> my ANdroid phone to my laptop (running Kubuntu)
> for file transfers one to the other. I connect
> them with a USB cable, and Linux says "open", but
> I don't get to see the phone's files, just an empty
> window.
> What do I have to do for a proper connection?

On the phone there will be a notification that asks what to do with the
USB cable. One of the options will be "transfer files". Use it.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Connecting phone to laptop

<XnsB1347835311E9lonelydad58.gmail.co@85.12.62.251>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=50627&group=comp.mobile.android#50627

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:49:00 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:49 UTC

db <dieterhansbritz@gmail.com> wrote in news:uss97a$vdga$1@dont-email.me:

> I have forgotten what I have to do to connect
> my ANdroid phone to my laptop (running Kubuntu)
> for file transfers one to the other. I connect
> them with a USB cable, and Linux says "open", but
> I don't get to see the phone's files, just an empty
> window.
> What do I have to do for a proper connection?
>
> ---
> db

My phone uses Android, but I have to turn on share files when I firt
connect it to my Windows laptop. Check your settings.

Re: Connecting phone to laptop

<ut4bgl$2ub0r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=50785&group=comp.mobile.android#50785

From: dieterha...@gmail.com (db)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 14:48:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: db - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 14:48 UTC

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:20:42 -0000 (UTC), db wrote:

> I have forgotten what I have to do to connect my ANdroid phone to my
> laptop (running Kubuntu) for file transfers one to the other. I connect
> them with a USB cable, and Linux says "open", but I don't get to see the
> phone's files, just an empty window.
> What do I have to do for a proper connection?
>
> ---
> db

Thanks for your suggestions, which didn't work. One
way I can move files to the phone is through Dropbox,
which is on the screen. I have Termux and would like
to move a file (an mp3) to the folder called music/
But Termux can't find Dropbox/. Strange file
structure in Android, not like Linux.