From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: No fault cell phone law
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 14:48:04 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 21:48 UTC

(non-phone groups snipped)

On 3/24/24 1:46 PM, David Higton wrote:
> In message <c1d00jh2v66od37mh993eng0hk52h9236f@4ax.com>
> Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And who really needs six transmission performance choices, four engine
>> power profiles, steering input delay and feedback settings, etc.,, etc.,
>> etc.?
>
> Well, at least you won't find those in an electric vehicle.

Adjustments that need to be made while driving shouldn't require taking
your eyes off the road. Period. I liked driving the Tesla for 10
minutes, but having to actually READ stuff (requiring reading glasses)
while driving is a recipe for disaster.

--
Cheers, Bev
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can

Re: No fault cell phone law

<86frwefu4q.fsf@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=50887&group=comp.mobile.android#50887

From: dnomh...@gmx.com (Richmond)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:06:29 +0000
 by: Richmond - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:06 UTC

The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> writes:

> (non-phone groups snipped)
>
> On 3/24/24 1:46 PM, David Higton wrote:
>> In message <c1d00jh2v66od37mh993eng0hk52h9236f@4ax.com>
>> Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> And who really needs six transmission performance choices, four engine
>>> power profiles, steering input delay and feedback settings, etc.,, etc.,
>>> etc.?
>> Well, at least you won't find those in an electric vehicle.
>
> Adjustments that need to be made while driving shouldn't require
> taking your eyes off the road. Period. I liked driving the Tesla for
> 10 minutes, but having to actually READ stuff (requiring reading
> glasses) while driving is a recipe for disaster.

What about the speedometer?

Re: No fault cell phone law

<uts73r$1666l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=50889&group=comp.mobile.android#50889

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:00:57 -0700
 by: AJL - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:00 UTC

On 3/25/2024 4:06 AM, Richmond wrote:
> The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> writes:

>> Adjustments that need to be made while driving shouldn't require
>> taking your eyes off the road. Period. I liked driving the Tesla
>> for 10 minutes, but having to actually READ stuff (requiring
>> reading glasses) while driving is a recipe for disaster.
>
> What about the speedometer?

My car has a gadget that puts a copy of the speedometer on the
windshield by reflection so that you don't have to take your eyes off
the road to read it. It 'appears' just above the hood near the front of
the car as you look through it at the road. It also puts a speed limit
sign logo with the local speed limit for the road you're on next to it.
Very handy and has probably saved my ass more than once...