From: ind...@ghandi.net (Indira)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Why you want to use openvpn with a config file for ALL VPNs
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 04:03:18 +0530
 by: Indira - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 22:33 UTC

This is yellow journalism, but if it's real, then it's all the more reason
for NEVER using any VPN client other than the well known open source VPN
client with the VPN text configuration file instead (eg filename.ovpn).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/android-vpn-app-ban-block-32469441

Re: Why you want to use openvpn with a config file for ALL VPNs

<l72dgiFmlt6U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=50911&group=comp.mobile.android#50911

From: use...@arnowelzel.de (Arno Welzel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:54:43 +0200
 by: Arno Welzel - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 12:54 UTC

Indira, 2024-04-02 00:33:

> This is yellow journalism, but if it's real, then it's all the more reason
> for NEVER using any VPN client other than the well known open source VPN
> client with the VPN text configuration file instead (eg filename.ovpn).
>
> https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/android-vpn-app-ban-block-32469441

You may also want to consider Wireguard.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Re: Why you want to use openvpn with a config file for ALL VPNs

<slrnv0tjbm.cang.n0b0dy@invalid.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=50922&group=comp.mobile.android#50922

From: n0b...@invalid.invalid (I R A Darth Aggie)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 15:55:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: I R A Darth Aggie - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 15:55 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 04:03:18 +0530,
Indira <indira@ghandi.net>, in
<uufcnc$17vlm$1@paganini.bofh.team> wrote:
> This is yellow journalism, but if it's real, then it's all the more reason
> for NEVER using any VPN client other than the well known open source VPN
> client with the VPN text configuration file instead (eg filename.ovpn).
>
> https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/android-vpn-app-ban-block-32469441

For yellow journalism, they do give some good advice:

"Of course, many VPNs are totally safe to use, just make sure they are
reputable, have good reviews and are downloaded from an official
source."

Wireguard is the way forward.

isn't looking good, either.