From: car...@invalid.com
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: The Dumbphone Boom Is Real
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 19:43:42 -0500
 by: car...@invalid.com - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 00:43 UTC

On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 17:26:29 -0400, Alan Browne
<bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:

>On 2024-04-14 17:08, stan wrote:
>> AI
>
>Yes. This will kill smartphones. Short the Apple and Samsung stock
>now! Plow your proceeds into DJT! That's the winner!

I'd luv to be able to buy a simple flip phone that fit in my pocket
and did nothing else except be a simpe phone and NOTHING else.

Re: The Dumbphone Boom Is Real

<uvm2v0.kno.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=51058&group=comp.mobile.android#51058

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 16 Apr 2024 12:46:01 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 12:46 UTC

carl@invalid.com wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 17:26:29 -0400, Alan Browne
> <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
>
> >On 2024-04-14 17:08, stan wrote:
> >> AI
> >
> >Yes. This will kill smartphones. Short the Apple and Samsung stock
> >now! Plow your proceeds into DJT! That's the winner!
>
> I'd luv to be able to buy a simple flip phone that fit in my pocket
> and did nothing else except be a simpe phone and NOTHING else.

Does it need to be a *flip* phone or is, as the subject mentions, a
'dumb' phone what you want?

If the latter, in our country (The Netherlands) and probably most of
Europe (and elsewhere?), small 'dumb' phones are still for sale, for
example the Nokia 8210 4G. Also some 'senior' phones are of the 'dumb'
variety.

Before smartphones, I always used - mostly Nokia - 'dumb' phones and
they fitted easily in my - mostly shirt - pocket.

Of course in this century, 'dumb' phones aren't that dumb anymore, but
they are mostly oriented towards voice calls and SMS.

<https://www.coolblue.nl/en/product/914413/nokia-8210-4g-blue.html>

--
Frank Slootweg, proud owner of <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_6310i>

Re: The Dumbphone Boom Is Real

<noot1j5r9el5uhrsn1lp1ffdesh53j8512@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=51068&group=comp.mobile.android#51068

From: car...@invalid.com
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:54:44 -0500
 by: car...@invalid.com - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 20:54 UTC

On 16 Apr 2024 12:46:01 GMT, Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
wrote:

>carl@invalid.com wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 17:26:29 -0400, Alan Browne

>> I'd luv to be able to buy a simple flip phone that fit in my pocket
>> and did nothing else except be a simpe phone and NOTHING else.
>
> Does it need to be a *flip* phone or is, as the subject mentions, a
>'dumb' phone what you want?

I want a flip phone that is small in size, folds up to fit in my
pocket, and takes up less room than does my wallet. Forget e-mail and
all the spam crapola that comes from such. Also, I don't need
"texting". If I have something to say to someone, I *say* it, not
type it. That's what a phone originally was supposed to do.

The fact that I'm 90 years of age might somewhat explain my choice of
phones.

Re: The Dumbphone Boom Is Real

<uvoi0t.3os.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=51072&group=comp.mobile.android#51072

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 17 Apr 2024 11:15:15 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:15 UTC

carl@invalid.com wrote:
> On 16 Apr 2024 12:46:01 GMT, Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >carl@invalid.com wrote:
> >> On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 17:26:29 -0400, Alan Browne
>
> >> I'd luv to be able to buy a simple flip phone that fit in my pocket
> >> and did nothing else except be a simpe phone and NOTHING else.
> >
> > Does it need to be a *flip* phone or is, as the subject mentions, a
> >'dumb' phone what you want?
>
> I want a flip phone that is small in size, folds up to fit in my
> pocket, and takes up less room than does my wallet. Forget e-mail and
> all the spam crapola that comes from such. Also, I don't need
> "texting". If I have something to say to someone, I *say* it, not
> type it. That's what a phone originally was supposed to do.
>
> The fact that I'm 90 years of age might somewhat explain my choice of
> phones.

If that's what you want, then why don't you just *buy* one!?

I don't know where you live, but I did a quick search on "simple flip
phone" and get tons of results/choices, including 4G ones, in case your
network requires a 4G phone.

Amongst the results are worldwide suppliers like Amazon, so go for it!