Remember Darwin; building a better mousetrap merely results in smarter mice.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Once Upon a Rhyme

SubjectAuthor
* Once Upon a RhymeTom Kunich
`* Re: Once Upon a RhymeAndre Jute
 `- Re: Once Upon a RhymeTom Kunich

1
Once Upon a Rhyme

<97bbb85d-c93f-4690-a207-d6f1da44c797n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51121&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51121

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 07:33:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Once Upon a Rhyme
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 15:33 UTC

The technical aide of bicycles used to be discussed until the likes of John who is a total moron, Flunky who knows what a bicycle looks like as long as his shop can fix it, Russell, who once raced and no longer does and doesn't know how to work on a bicycle and Frank, who as a mechanical engineer was so overawed by the other members of this group that he had to shale them off so that he could think of himself as an expert. After all, all of the experts use lugged steel bikes with bar end shifters and fenders. All of the experts think of tandems as the fastest things on the road.

Re: Once Upon a Rhyme

<def98464-fcb6-4f44-ab59-73422d497a8en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51158&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51158

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 08:22:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Once Upon a Rhyme
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 16:22 UTC

On Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 3:33:12 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> The technical aide of bicycles used to be discussed until the likes of John who is a total moron, Flunky who knows what a bicycle looks like as long as his shop can fix it, Russell, who once raced and no longer does and doesn't know how to work on a bicycle and Frank, who as a mechanical engineer was so overawed by the other members of this group that he had to shale them off so that he could think of himself as an expert. After all, all of the experts use lugged steel bikes with bar end shifters and fenders. All of the experts think of tandems as the fastest things on the road.

When I arrived at RBT about twelve years ago, that moron Franki-boy Krygowski couldn't even tell the difference between miles and kilometers. I mentioned that I'd gone ton-up in kph (behind a truck) and Krygowski screeched to high heaven that I was lying, because it was impossible. (Fancy a moron like Krygowski from 3000+ miles away knowing more about my roads than I do!) Maybe for him it was impossible; he's a fuckwit who shouldn't be allowed out on the street without his wife to mind him. It should surprise no one that Krygowski has to run with the forum jerkoffs like Johnny Shortass, Flunky the Pretender, and that other eeeejit, RussellSEATON, Ugly Americans all, to get the slightest bit of respect. You'd have to be Krygowski to think the respect of such jerks is worth having.

You shouldn't encourage such ten-thumbed fools to work on their bikes, Tom. They'll do themselves an injury with the unfamiliar tools, and even if they don't wreck the bike in the garage, they're sure to have an accident on a bike they "fixed" themselves, and then that'll be on your conscience. I've never believed Kreepy Krygowski's stories of having been a factory maintainer, or Slow Johnny's of having been a crew chief in the Air Force or a roustabout on a drilling rig. Cocky little men don't last long where big machines work. As for that other eeeejit, Russell, I'd be surprised to receive evidence that he could manage to keep a pencil operating, never mind a fountain pen.

Andre Jute
"Andre is never more brutal than he has to be." --- Nelson Mandela

Re: Once Upon a Rhyme

<9970da40-51e4-4af6-9f8a-566648272df3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51162&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51162

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 10:01:12 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 18:01 UTC

On Sunday, February 6, 2022 at 8:22:17 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 3:33:12 PM UTC, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The technical aide of bicycles used to be discussed until the likes of John who is a total moron, Flunky who knows what a bicycle looks like as long as his shop can fix it, Russell, who once raced and no longer does and doesn't know how to work on a bicycle and Frank, who as a mechanical engineer was so overawed by the other members of this group that he had to shale them off so that he could think of himself as an expert. After all, all of the experts use lugged steel bikes with bar end shifters and fenders. All of the experts think of tandems as the fastest things on the road.
> >
> When I arrived at RBT about twelve years ago, that moron Franki-boy Krygowski couldn't even tell the difference between miles and kilometers. I mentioned that I'd gone ton-up in kph (behind a truck) and Krygowski screeched to high heaven that I was lying, because it was impossible. (Fancy a moron like Krygowski from 3000+ miles away knowing more about my roads than I do!) Maybe for him it was impossible; he's a fuckwit who shouldn't be allowed out on the street without his wife to mind him. It should surprise no one that Krygowski has to run with the forum jerkoffs like Johnny Shortass, Flunky the Pretender, and that other eeeejit, RussellSEATON, Ugly Americans all, to get the slightest bit of respect. You'd have to be Krygowski to think the respect of such jerks is worth having.
> >
> You shouldn't encourage such ten-thumbed fools to work on their bikes, Tom. They'll do themselves an injury with the unfamiliar tools, and even if they don't wreck the bike in the garage, they're sure to have an accident on a bike they "fixed" themselves, and then that'll be on your conscience. I've never believed Kreepy Krygowski's stories of having been a factory maintainer, or Slow Johnny's of having been a crew chief in the Air Force or a roustabout on a drilling rig. Cocky little men don't last long where big machines work. As for that other eeeejit, Russell, I'd be surprised to receive evidence that he could manage to keep a pencil operating, never mind a fountain pen.
> >
> Andre Jute
> "Andre is never more brutal than he has to be." --- Nelson Mandela

Thought you might like to see what is presently occurring. https://odysee.com/@sarahwestall:0/full-statement-video:1

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Once Upon a Rhyme