Heisenberg may have slept here...

tech / alt.astronomy / Congressional UFO hearings today

SubjectAuthor
* speed of light exceeded again?MrPostingRobot
+* Re: speed of light exceeded again?Daniel65
|`* Re: speed of light exceeded again?Siri Cruise
| `- Re: speed of light exceeded again?Able Danger
+- Re: speed of light exceeded again?Able Danger
+- FRBs linked with colliding neutron starsKym Horsell
`- Congressional UFO hearings todayKym Horsell

1
speed of light exceeded again?

<tibgpj$86t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4667&group=alt.astronomy#4667

From: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: speed of light exceeded again?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 22:22:24 +1100
 by: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 11:22 UTC

Basic SR has started to take a beating. Not only have quantum
measurements cast doubt on what kind of vacuum the so called "speed
law of the universe" is based on, but other astronomers have found
what they think is evidence the speed of light has changed since the
universe began. The spacing of key absorbtion lines in stars seen in
the N hemisphere are different from those in the S hemisphere.

Now comes news the collission of 2 titanic objects seems to
have pushed matter to move up to 7x lightspeed.

<https://thedebrief.org/faster-than-light-speed-star-crash-produces-cosmic-blast-that-seemed-to-defy-physics/>

Faster Than Light Speed? `Star Crash' Produces Cosmic Blast That
Seemed to Defy Physics

Micah Hanks
The Debrief

A blast equal in magnitude to a supernova explosion, caused by a "star
crash" between 2 neutron stars, has resulted in what astronomers
call a significant breakthrough in the way we study the universe.

The incredible blast, first observed in 2017, also left physicists
scratching their heads for a time, as the speed at which matter was
ejected from the collision seemingly defied the laws of physics.

The massive event, measured using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope,
reportedly produced a jet of matter propelled through space at a rate
exceeding 99.97% of the speed of light and represents the first
simultaneous detection of gamma radiation and gravitational waves.

Dubbed GW170817, the cosmic collision was first observed in August
2017, producing the rippling effect in spacetime that physicists
recognize as gravitational waves. First proposed by Albert Einstein
more than a century ago, these mysterious energy-laden waves that are
produced through the disturbance or acceleration of a massive body in
space were first confirmed in 2015.

Astronomers say that the neutron star crash, involving the cores of a
pair of titanic stars that had previously been destroyed, ejected
radiation traveling close to the speed of light that collided with
surrounding material, a portion of which astronomers were able to
observe and measure with help from Hubble.

The black hole that resulted from the collision quickly began to
swallow matter around it, resulting in the formation of an accretion
disc that produced spinning jets that gathered material within the
blast radius. The movement of the disc, along with the material it
passed through, helped astronomers narrow down the blast's exact
location.

However, as Hubble pinpointed the location of the star crash event,
something odd resulted from the telescope's measurements. The
astrophysical jet being produced by the black hole seemingly moved at
a velocity exceeding the speed of light by 7 times. Later, data
based on radio observations similarly showed velocities in excess of
light speed, although now only 4 times faster. In both cases, the
massive energy being propelled by the jet seemingly defied our
understanding of physics... or did it?

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."
- Marie Curie

Camila Cabello Shows Her 'UFO' Encounter On 'Tonight Show' And We're Shook
HuffPost, 13 Oct 2022 21:46Z
Singer Camila Cabello showed footage on " The Tonight Show " Wed of
what she believes were UFOs - and this was no fairy ...

Canadian Man Sees Massive UFO While Out Driving
Exemplore on MSN, 13 Oct 2022 21:55Z
He said it was the size of a city block!One of the challenges with getting
decent video of UFOs is that they appear and ...

NASA's asteroid-deflection mission is a smashing success, shortens space rock
's orbit by a stunning 32 minutes
Livescience.com, 12 Oct 2022

[Big Success!]
Smashing success: NASA asteroid strike results in big nudge
The Associated Press, 12 Oct 2022 18:29Z

Nasa's asteroid crashing mission returns first image of target space rock
The Independent, 07 Sep 2022 22:35Z
Nasa 's Double Asteroid Redirection Test, or Dart, has returned its first
image of the asteroid Dimorphos, a space rock the mission is destined to
crash into in less than a month.

[Asteroid Defence:]
DART Confirmed on Target To Impact Asteroid Dimorphos
SciTechDaily, 29 Aug 2022 03:26Z

[Record gamma blast:]
NASA's Swift, Fermi Missions Detect Exceptional Cosmic Blast
NASA, 13 Oct 2022 21:10Z

'Strange Aspects of the Elusive Bigfoot' lecture held
The Tribune-Democrat, 09 Oct 2022 20:51Z
Stan Gordon said the past year or so has been an "unusually active" period
for Bigfoot and UFO sightings and "all kinds of weird stuff" locally.

The Real Story Behind The 1897 Aurora Incident: When A UFO Destroyed A Windmill
Groovy History on MSN, 06 Oct 2022 06:49Z
Forget Roswell and the UFO that reportedly crashed there in 1947. Fifty
years earlier, in 1897, the town of Aurora, Texas, ...

[Easy Come, Easy Go:]
US intelligence office tracking aviation adds then removes UFO from logo
The Independent on MSN.com, 27 Sep 2022 16:55Z
The agency says the office "erroneously posted an ...

United States Intelligence Office Updates Logo to Include UFOs
Comicbook.com, 25 Sep 2022 03:22Z
While other common crafts are included on the logo, including a commercial
jet, a fighter jet, a stealth bomber, and a ...
[See <https://www.airdomainintelligence.mil/portals/91/Seal22_png.png?ver=oc6DFzCanKtO6zbGEbmRVA%3d%3d>
if they let you].

Re: speed of light exceeded again?

<tibile$23blq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4669&group=alt.astronomy#4669

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Re: speed of light exceeded again?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 22:54:25 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 11:54 UTC

MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote on 14/10/22 10:22 pm:
> Basic SR has started to take a beating. Not only have quantum
> measurements cast doubt on what kind of vacuum the so called "speed
> law of the universe" is based on, but other astronomers have found
> what they think is evidence the speed of light has changed since the
> universe began.

I thought this had been established (or at least theorised) long ago!!

Immediately after The Big Bang, the Speed of Light had been way waaayyyy
faster than The Speed of Light is now ..... and supposedly, The Speed of
Light will continue to slow down until it stops ..... then The Universe
will collapse in on itself!!
--
Daniel

Re: speed of light exceeded again?

<chine.bleu-1A6940.10332414102022@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4672&group=alt.astronomy#4672

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 10:33:32 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 17:33 UTC

In article <tibile$23blq$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> I thought this had been established (or at least theorised) long ago!!
>
> Immediately after The Big Bang, the Speed of Light had been way waaayyyy
> faster than The Speed of Light is now ..... and supposedly, The Speed of

That wasn't after the big bang but about the third day of
creation. Which is why starlight is the wrong age.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: speed of light exceeded again?

<tifjn5$1aof$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4673&group=alt.astronomy#4673

From: abl...@dang.er (Able Danger)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 19:37:04 -0500
 by: Able Danger - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 00:37 UTC

On 10/14/22 06:22, MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote:
> Basic SR has started to take a beating. Not only have quantum
> measurements cast doubt on what kind of vacuum the so called "speed
> law of the universe" is based on, but other astronomers have found
> what they think is evidence the speed of light has changed since the
> universe began. The spacing of key absorbtion lines in stars seen in
> the N hemisphere are different from those in the S hemisphere.
>
> Now comes news the collission of 2 titanic objects seems to
> have pushed matter to move up to 7x lightspeed.

How can you no realize this is all imaginary nonsense?

You are inexplicable delusional to believe any of this unprovable,
non-falsifiable twaddle has any foundation in reality.

Re: speed of light exceeded again?

<tifjuv$1aof$3@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=4675&group=alt.astronomy#4675

From: abl...@dang.er (Able Danger)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 19:41:14 -0500
 by: Able Danger - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 00:41 UTC

On 10/14/22 12:33, Siri Cruise wrote:
> That wasn't after the big bang but about the third day of
> creation. Which is why starlight is the wrong age.

Did you carbon date the star beams?

FRBs linked with colliding neutron stars

<277446ae-41e5-41c2-b762-684a398aacc7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5122&group=alt.astronomy#5122

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 05:17:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: FRBs linked with colliding neutron stars
From: kymhors...@gmail.com (Kym Horsell)
 by: Kym Horsell - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 12:17 UTC

<https://thedebrief.org/fast-radio-bursts-could-be-solved-with-help-from-a-24-year-old-transplant-survivor/>

According to the scientists behind a study recently appearing in the
journal Nature Astronomy on March 27, a possible correlation may have
now been detected between FRBs and a neutron star merger.

"An association like this one is not completely unexpected," said UNLV
astrophysicist Bing Zhang, a coauthor of the recent study who was among
the first to propose such a connection almost a decade ago.

Zhang and the team report that following a recent observation of a deep
space stellar collision, approximately 2.5 hours later, an FRB was also
logged. Although the team still awaits confirmation of the cosmic
combination, although if it is confirmed, they hope it may reveal more
about the mysteries behind FRBs and what produces them.

Upcoming events:
10 Apr 2023 11am EDT: NOAA's Billion Dollar Disasters 23Q1

Most Sun-like stars formed billions of years before the Sun, a time lag
much longer than the time it takes chemical rockets to cross the Milky
Way disk. If only one out of the tens of billions of Earth-Sun systems
in the Milky Way galaxy gave rise to a peaceful, space-exploring
technological civilization over the past 10 billion years, and if that
civilization launched probes at an annual cost of 2 trillion dollars
for a million years, then there would be ten thousand objects from this
spectacular civilization within the solar system now.
-- Avi Loeb, "The Allegory of the Cave: An Interstellar Interpretation",
The Debrief, 15 Mar 2023

Bacteria at Hydrothermal Vents
Bacteria at hydrothermal vents inhabit almost everything: rocks, the
seafloor, even the inside of animals like mussels. All are living under
extreme pressure and temperature changes. Perhaps the oddest and toughest
bacteria at vents are the heat-loving 'thermophiles.
-- divediscover.whoi.edu

Decades after seminal Montana UFO events, military vets brief Pentagon
calgarysun, 27 Mar 2023 11:34Z
Robert Salas was a 26-year-old U.S. Air Force lieutenant cocooned 20 metres
below the Montana prairie overseeing weaponry ...

A Wharton professor gave A.I. tools 30 minutes to work on a business
project. The results were `superhuman'
Fortune, 27 Mar 2023 09:18Z

UFOs in videos investigated by the Pentagon `defy physics' and should burn
`like they're on fire', Harvard expert warns
The Sun, 15 Mar 2023 17:13Z
UFOs in videos being investigated by the Pentagon appear to "defy physics",
according to a new study. Harvard astronomer Avi ...

26 years later, the Phoenix Lights remain one of America's biggest UFO events
12News.com, 13 Mar 2023 12:28Z
It was one of the world's biggest UFO sightings; hundreds, if not thousands
of people reported seeing a V of six lights pass over the city.

'Sorry for killing most of humanity': New exhibition in San Francisco
explores the dangers of AI
EuroNews, 13 Mar 2023 05:59Z

UFO sightings put rural Japan community on intergalactic map
Japan Today, 12 Mar 2023 21:54Z
A tiny rural community in northeastern Japan known for numerous UFO
sightings is promoting itself as a "home to aliens" in a bid to revitalize
its local economy and put itself on the intergalactic map ...

Skinny cylindrical-shaped UFO flying near Baghdad is seen in six ...
Daily Mail, 07 Mar 2023
Images of a UFO were taken from a video filmed by a thermal camera in a
United States Air Force Reaper drone in May 2022; The six images ...

Pentagon UFO chief says alien mothership in our solar system possible
Military Times, 09 Mar 2023 16:02Z
The yet-published research paper discusses the possibility that visitors
from other galaxies may already be trekking across our solar system.

Official UFO study launched in Canada; here's what it hopes to achieve
CTV News, 01 Mar 2023 11:05Z
The Canadian government's top scientist has launched a study into UFOs and
will release a public report by mid-2024. Outlined ...

[Priorities!]
Pentagon's UFO office had only THREE staffers until recent weeks
Daily Mail, 27 Feb 2023 02:08Z
The All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) was set up by the Pentagon
in July 2022 to probe UFO sightings in the US.

Pentagon Hearing Air Force Veterans With UFO Stories
Newsmax, 22 Feb 2023 0:17Z
Two Air Force veterans told the Daily Mail they testified this month
before a Department of Defense office allegedly looking into reports
of unidentified...
[Among other things some testified about an incident where missiles in
a silo were "turned off" during an attempted visit by some strange
bright red light hovering nr the main gate].

Leading astronomer tells of 40 UFO sightings in Roscommon - and mysterious
objects come "in waves"
Irish Daily Mirror, 20 Feb 2023 20:18Z
[Dr Eamonn Ansbro] has revealed that he has recorded around 40 UFO
sightings at his advanced space observatory in ...

Mystery ["]airships["] that filled skies of US still unexplained more
than 100 years on
Daily Express, 19 Feb 2023 06:44Z
It was a bright light, too big for a balloon' - this is how one newspaper
described a UFO sighting, one of the dozens that ...

Congressional UFO hearings today

<c7ae3150-c7ab-4ef8-adbd-01c9faeb4c07n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5162&group=alt.astronomy#5162

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 06:46:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Congressional UFO hearings today
From: kymhors...@gmail.com (Kym Horsell)
 by: Kym Horsell - Wed, 19 Apr 2023 13:46 UTC

Since these heraings are public you can tune in on [REDACTED] at [REDACTED].. Other broadcast info is available at [REDACTED] and [REDACTED].

Just remember folks, it's all just too far away.
They cain gits here from there.

And if they do they run on reliable ol petrol
just like us
(today only a low $3.79/gal at BP on 1st ave NYC).

Pentagon to testify at UFO hearing in Congress
Yahoo News, 19 Apr 2023 12:29Z
UFOs are set to take over Washington, D.C, Wednesday as Congress holds a
hearing to seek clarity on mysterious objects in the sky seen by members of
the...

10 key questions for this week's historic UFO hearing
The Hill, 17 Apr 2023 12:11Z
Cold War fears led the U.S. government to adopt a semi-official policy of
"debunking" all UAP reports, no matter how credible ...

Pentagon's top UFO investigator: Mystery objects could be alien probes
Politico, 14 Apr 2023 17:12Z

US Senate Committee to hold open hearing on UFOs on April 19
WION, 13 Apr 2023 13:32Z
The United States Senate Committee on Armed Services will be conducting an
open hearing on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) or Unidentified Flying
Objects (UFOs) next week on April 19 (Wednesday), ...

Next week's Senate UFO hearing should focus on government research, not
Skinwalker Ranch
Washington Examiner, 13 Apr 2023 0:50Z
Record reports, and the Washington Examiner has confirmed, that a Senate
Armed Services Committee subcommittee will hold a ...

--
World Oil Statistics
The world consumes 35,442,913,090 barrels of oil as of the year 2016,

Section 8. Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) Reports
Persons wanting to report UFO/unexplained phenomena activity
should contact a ... data collection center, such as the National UFO
Reporting Center, etc.
-- www.faa.gov, as at 30 Nov 2022

Pentagon's UFO Chief to Testify Before Congress
Nextgov, 18 Apr 2023 17:45Z
Domain Anomaly Office, recently co-authored a paper suggesting some of the
unknown objects the Pentagon is studying could be alien probes.

UFOs shot down over UK by US Air Force during 'British Roswell incident',
says ex-cop
The Mirror, 18 Apr 2023 16:46Z
The now notorious incident in Rendelsham Forest, Suffolk, dubbed the British
Roswell, saw US soldiers shooting down a UFO buzzing over RAF Bentwaters and
RAF Woodbridge ...

`There's Intelligent Life Out There': Chicago's Center For UFO Studies
Celebrates 50 Years Of Trying To Track It Down
blockclubchicago, 17 Apr 2023 14:09Z
The underground headquarters in Norwood Park is one of just a few places
dedicated to studying the "shunned science" of ...

Cube-Shaped UFO Filmed By Hunters In Oregon Sparks Interesting Theory
BroBible on MSN.com, 11 Apr 2023 0:44Z
Many people often wonder why witnesses who are filming UFOs don't move in
for a closer look or why they stop filming when the ...

Possible UFO spotted near Russian nuclear power plant - report
The Jerusalem Post Blogs, 08 Apr 2023
While the nature of the UFO is not clear, Russian military officials are
reportedly certain that it wasn't a drone or an ...

UFO Spotted Flying Near Russian Nuclear Plant Spooks Local Authorities
Newsweek on MSN.com, 06 Apr 2023 19:08Z
The object triggered a "special response status," state media reported and
authorities have not yet provided an explanation ...

Model in UFO mystery as bizarre craft flies past her plane at 20,000 feet in
crystal-clear footage
The Sun, 09 Apr 2023 10:58Z
A MODEL has spurred a UFO probe as a bizarre craft was seen flying past her
airplane at 20,000ft in crystal-clear footage.

We were seeing UFOs daily, says former US fighter pilot
The Daily Telegraph, 08 Apr 2023 06:39Z
Lt Ryan Graves calls for greater awareness of problem as he describes his
squad's close encounters with mysterious objects ...

<https://thedebrief.org/ufo-documentary-accidental-truth-makes-strongest-case-yet-for-crash-retrievals-vehicles-of-non-human-origin/>
UFO Documentary `Accidental Truth' Makes Strongest Case Yet for Crash
Retrievals, Vehicles of Non-Human Origin
The Debrief/Christopher Plain, 4 Apr 2023
It seems that every few months, those of us who follow the UFO topic
are promised an exciting new documentary guaranteed to blow our
collective minds. Although this `phenomenon' isn't unique to the
present wave of UFO-centric films, TV shows, and podcasts, as nearly
every UFO documentary I can remember dating back to the 1980s and
1990s worked to position itself as the definitive, seminal work on the
subject, it has definitely increased in frequency since 2017.
Some have arguably gotten close to the mark, with filmmaker James
Fox's The Phenomenon standing out as a largely comprehensive account
of a topic that has fascinated folks since at least the 1940s. In
other cases, like J.J. Abrams's multi-part Showtime series UFO, these
documentaries can often feel like a retread of old news repackaged
once again for an audience that, in many cases, is more versed in the
material than the filmmakers themselves. Still, even that series has
its high points and would not be wasted on someone who is new to the
topic and wants to dive in with both feet.