We'll pivot at warp 2 and bring all tubes to bear, Mr. Sulu!

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

SubjectAuthor
* Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaWilliam Crowell
`* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaTom Kunich
 `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaJames
  `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaTom Kunich
   `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaWilliam Crowell
    +- Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaFrank Krygowski
    `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaTom Kunich
     `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern Californiarussellseaton1@yahoo.com
      +* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaTom Kunich
      |`- Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern Californiafunkma...@hotmail.com
      `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaTom Kunich
       `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaAMuzi
        +- Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaTom Kunich
        `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern Californiasms
         +* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaJohn B.
         |`* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaJohn B.
         | `- Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaFrank Krygowski
         `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaAMuzi
          `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaFrank Krygowski
           `* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaWilliam Crowell
            +* Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaLou Holtman
            |`- Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaTom Kunich
            `- Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern CaliforniaTom Kunich

1
Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<c5d39370-b10a-4206-9c93-eab664b204efn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=50814&group=rec.bicycles.tech#50814

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 08:19:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California
From: retroguy...@gmail.com (William Crowell)
 by: William Crowell - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 16:19 UTC

The weather report predicts sun with temps in the low 70s next week around here. Amazing! I sure hope the predictions prove to be correct because it would be perfect riding weather. Tom, if the weather predictions are right, we aren't going to have any excuse not to put in some miles.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<4f639114-4f22-46f3-99a7-607e587ce525n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=50818&group=rec.bicycles.tech#50818

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 08:30:26 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 16:30 UTC

On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 8:19:44 AM UTC-8, William Crowell wrote:
> The weather report predicts sun with temps in the low 70s next week around here. Amazing! I sure hope the predictions prove to be correct because it would be perfect riding weather. Tom, if the weather predictions are right, we aren't going to have any excuse not to put in some miles.
On my ride yesterday the Garmin in my rear pocket showed 75 degrees. But the high temperature for the day was 68 and if it actually got up to 68 you could have fooled me. I had to spend 20 minutes in a hot shower after returning from a non-stop 25 mile ride where I was pushing it pretty hard.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<stf48d$o6t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=50866&group=rec.bicycles.tech#50866

From: james.e....@gmail.com (James)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 10:31:18 +1100
 by: James - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 23:31 UTC

On 3/2/22 03:30, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 8:19:44 AM UTC-8, William Crowell
> wrote:
>> The weather report predicts sun with temps in the low 70s next week
>> around here. Amazing! I sure hope the predictions prove to be
>> correct because it would be perfect riding weather. Tom, if the
>> weather predictions are right, we aren't going to have any excuse
>> not to put in some miles.
> On my ride yesterday the Garmin in my rear pocket showed 75 degrees.
> But the high temperature for the day was 68 and if it actually got up
> to 68 you could have fooled me. I had to spend 20 minutes in a hot
> shower after returning from a non-stop 25 mile ride where I was
> pushing it pretty hard.

Two days ago I rode 100km including a few hills. The mercury in my
Lezyne bike computer showed 42C. That's 107.6F. Now I dare say that
the thermometer reads a couple of degrees hotter than actual, but
combined with the humidity it was really very hot. I managed on 4 water
bottles. Thankfully the first two got me 80km to a cafe, where I
refilled and drank one. After getting home I spent the rest of the
afternoon rehydrating.

Oh, my average speed was 29.3km/h, with an estimated average power
output of 210W. Certainly not my fastest time around that course, but
considering the conditions, I was happy with it.

--
JS

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<1b1f847e-9eb6-4bea-a178-d36dea2c6556n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=50868&group=rec.bicycles.tech#50868

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 15:53:29 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 23:53 UTC

On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 3:31:39 PM UTC-8, James wrote:
> On 3/2/22 03:30, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 8:19:44 AM UTC-8, William Crowell
> > wrote:
> >> The weather report predicts sun with temps in the low 70s next week
> >> around here. Amazing! I sure hope the predictions prove to be
> >> correct because it would be perfect riding weather. Tom, if the
> >> weather predictions are right, we aren't going to have any excuse
> >> not to put in some miles.
> > On my ride yesterday the Garmin in my rear pocket showed 75 degrees.
> > But the high temperature for the day was 68 and if it actually got up
> > to 68 you could have fooled me. I had to spend 20 minutes in a hot
> > shower after returning from a non-stop 25 mile ride where I was
> > pushing it pretty hard.
> Two days ago I rode 100km including a few hills. The mercury in my
> Lezyne bike computer showed 42C. That's 107.6F. Now I dare say that
> the thermometer reads a couple of degrees hotter than actual, but
> combined with the humidity it was really very hot. I managed on 4 water
> bottles. Thankfully the first two got me 80km to a cafe, where I
> refilled and drank one. After getting home I spent the rest of the
> afternoon rehydrating.
>

> Oh, my average speed was 29.3km/h, with an estimated average power
> output of 210W. Certainly not my fastest time around that course, but
> considering the conditions, I was happy with it.

James, I assume you're a bit further south than the US. It is odd anymore to get more than an occasional 100 degree F. day. We are gasping in 90's. In the meantime NOAA is telling us that this has been the hottest year ever. I would like to know where that bullshit is coming from.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<d779926c-ff97-4b44-851a-991559808d1en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51036&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51036

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 09:24:38 -0800 (PST)
From: retroguy...@gmail.com (William Crowell)
 by: William Crowell - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 17:24 UTC

On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 3:53:31 PM UTC-8, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 3:31:39 PM UTC-8, James wrote:
> > On 3/2/22 03:30, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > > On my ride yesterday the Garmin in my rear pocket showed 75 degrees.
> > > But the high temperature for the day was 68 and if it actually got up
> > > to 68 you could have fooled me. I had to spend 20 minutes in a hot
> > > shower after returning from a non-stop 25 mile ride where I was
> > > pushing it pretty hard.
> > Two days ago I rode 100km including a few hills. The mercury in my
> > Lezyne bike computer showed 42C. That's 107.6F. Now I dare say that
> > the thermometer reads a couple of degrees hotter than actual, but
> > combined with the humidity it was really very hot. I managed on 4 water
> > bottles. Thankfully the first two got me 80km to a cafe, where I
> > refilled and drank one. After getting home I spent the rest of the
> > afternoon rehydrating.
> >

> > Oh, my average speed was 29.3km/h, with an estimated average power
> > output of 210W. Certainly not my fastest time around that course, but
> > considering the conditions, I was happy with it.
> James, I assume you're a bit further south than the US. It is odd anymore to get more than an occasional 100 degree F. day. We are gasping in 90's. In the meantime NOAA is telling us that this has been the hottest year ever.. I would like to know where that bullshit is coming from.
Where are you located, James? I'm guessing Australia or New Zealand.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<stjpf8$g1v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51039&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51039

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 12:57:59 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 17:57 UTC

On 2/4/2022 12:24 PM, William Crowell wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 3:53:31 PM UTC-8, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Two days ago I rode 100km including a few hills. The mercury in my
>>> Lezyne bike computer showed 42C. That's 107.6F. Now I dare say that
>>> the thermometer reads a couple of degrees hotter than actual, but
>>> combined with the humidity it was really very hot. I managed on 4 water
>>> bottles. Thankfully the first two got me 80km to a cafe, where I
>>> refilled and drank one. After getting home I spent the rest of the
>>> afternoon rehydrating.
>>>

>>> Oh, my average speed was 29.3km/h, with an estimated average power
>>> output of 210W. Certainly not my fastest time around that course, but
>>> considering the conditions, I was happy with it.
>> James, I assume you're a bit further south than the US. It is odd anymore to get more than an occasional 100 degree F. day. We are gasping in 90's. In the meantime NOAA is telling us that this has been the hottest year ever. I would like to know where that bullshit is coming from.
> Where are you located, James? I'm guessing Australia or New Zealand.

James is in Australia.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<c67c42f5-402d-435d-88f4-7665f8b5cf39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51069&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51069

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 15:34:54 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 23:34 UTC

On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 9:24:40 AM UTC-8, William Crowell wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 3:53:31 PM UTC-8, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Two days ago I rode 100km including a few hills. The mercury in my
> > > Lezyne bike computer showed 42C. That's 107.6F. Now I dare say that
> > > the thermometer reads a couple of degrees hotter than actual, but
> > > combined with the humidity it was really very hot. I managed on 4 water
> > > bottles. Thankfully the first two got me 80km to a cafe, where I
> > > refilled and drank one. After getting home I spent the rest of the
> > > afternoon rehydrating.
> > >

> > > Oh, my average speed was 29.3km/h, with an estimated average power
> > > output of 210W. Certainly not my fastest time around that course, but
> > > considering the conditions, I was happy with it.
> > James, I assume you're a bit further south than the US. It is odd anymore to get more than an occasional 100 degree F. day. We are gasping in 90's.. In the meantime NOAA is telling us that this has been the hottest year ever. I would like to know where that bullshit is coming from.
> Where are you located, James? I'm guessing Australia or New Zealand.

I believe that James is an Aussie. What Australia is in major need of is a truck convoy like Canada.

In the US the number of 100 and 110 degree F days is WAY down from the 1950s and way way down from the 1920s and 30's. And yet NOAA is telling us that this is the hottest year on record for the USA.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<5d96ef80-dcf3-4fe7-a6c4-43ace7c1f5d6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51076&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51076

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 16:20:10 -0800 (PST)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 00:20 UTC

On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 5:34:57 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 9:24:40 AM UTC-8, William Crowell wrote:

> > > James, I assume you're a bit further south than the US. It is odd anymore to get more than an occasional 100 degree F. day. We are gasping in 90's. In the meantime NOAA is telling us that this has been the hottest year ever. I would like to know where that bullshit is coming from.
> > Where are you located, James? I'm guessing Australia or New Zealand.
> I believe that James is an Aussie. What Australia is in major need of is a truck convoy like Canada.
>
> In the US the number of 100 and 110 degree F days is WAY down from the 1950s and way way down from the 1920s and 30's. And yet NOAA is telling us that this is the hottest year on record for the USA.

Gosh Tommy boy, don't you get tired of being proven a LIAR so often?

https://weather.com/news/climate/news/100-degree-temperatures-us-cities-average-most-records
Site says Sacramento averages 15 100 degree days a year.

https://theinfinitekitchen.com/faq/often-asked-how-many-days-is-100-degrees-in-sacramento/
This site says average is 11 100 degree days in Sacramento.

Sep 6, 2021 — Sacramento has hit 100 degrees or higher 29 times this year, Del Valle said Monday.
Above website, which I can't bring up because I don't have an account for the Sacramento Bee, says 100 degree days are twice, double the average in 2021. Or triple if you want to use the 11 average listed above instead of the 15 average.

https://www.weather.gov/sto/Summer2021ClimatesummaryforNorthernCA
This one says Sacramento was the 5th hottest since 1849. When weather record keeping started. I read that in another website.

https://fox40.com/news/national-and-world-news/reno-sets-record-for-most-100-degree-days-in-a-year/
This one is for Reno. Not California, but not that far away. And its FOX, so you know its the truth for Tommy boy.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<0cf8ede8-6e49-4208-9f83-65a9e9fd2b10n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51081&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51081

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 16:44:46 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 00:44 UTC

On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 4:20:13 PM UTC-8, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 5:34:57 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Where are you located, James? I'm guessing Australia or New Zealand.
> > I believe that James is an Aussie. What Australia is in major need of is a truck convoy like Canada.
> >
> > In the US the number of 100 and 110 degree F days is WAY down from the 1950s and way way down from the 1920s and 30's. And yet NOAA is telling us that this is the hottest year on record for the USA.
> Gosh Tommy boy, don't you get tired of being proven a LIAR so often?
>
> https://weather.com/news/climate/news/100-degree-temperatures-us-cities-average-most-records
> Site says Sacramento averages 15 100 degree days a year.
>
> https://theinfinitekitchen.com/faq/often-asked-how-many-days-is-100-degrees-in-sacramento/
> This site says average is 11 100 degree days in Sacramento.

> Sep 6, 2021 — Sacramento has hit 100 degrees or higher 29 times this year, Del Valle said Monday.
> Above website, which I can't bring up because I don't have an account for the Sacramento Bee, says 100 degree days are twice, double the average in 2021. Or triple if you want to use the 11 average listed above instead of the 15 average.
>
> https://www.weather.gov/sto/Summer2021ClimatesummaryforNorthernCA
> This one says Sacramento was the 5th hottest since 1849. When weather record keeping started. I read that in another website.
>
> https://fox40.com/news/national-and-world-news/reno-sets-record-for-most-100-degree-days-in-a-year/
> This one is for Reno. Not California, but not that far away. And its FOX, so you know its the truth for Tommy boy.

Don't you EVER get tired of trying to use the Slime Stream Media to prove your points? That is like getting a turd to prove it smells like a rose.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<525618a8-1920-4fda-8863-e35262a474c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51108&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51108

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 05:23:19 -0800 (PST)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 13:23 UTC

On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 7:44:48 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > In the US the number of 100 and 110 degree F days is WAY down from the 1950s and way way down from the 1920s and 30's. And yet NOAA is telling us that this is the hottest year on record for the USA.
> > Gosh Tommy boy, don't you get tired of being proven a LIAR so often?
> >
> > https://weather.com/news/climate/news/100-degree-temperatures-us-cities-average-most-records
> > Site says Sacramento averages 15 100 degree days a year.
> >
> > https://theinfinitekitchen.com/faq/often-asked-how-many-days-is-100-degrees-in-sacramento/
> > This site says average is 11 100 degree days in Sacramento.

> > Sep 6, 2021 — Sacramento has hit 100 degrees or higher 29 times this year, Del Valle said Monday.
> > Above website, which I can't bring up because I don't have an account for the Sacramento Bee, says 100 degree days are twice, double the average in 2021. Or triple if you want to use the 11 average listed above instead of the 15 average.
> >
> > https://www.weather.gov/sto/Summer2021ClimatesummaryforNorthernCA
> > This one says Sacramento was the 5th hottest since 1849. When weather record keeping started. I read that in another website.
> >
> > https://fox40.com/news/national-and-world-news/reno-sets-record-for-most-100-degree-days-in-a-year/
> > This one is for Reno. Not California, but not that far away. And its FOX, so you know its the truth for Tommy boy.
>
> Don't you EVER get tired of trying to use the Slime Stream Media to prove your points?

Post data from a reputable source proving anything Russel posted as wrong.

> That is like getting a turd to prove it smells like a rose.

You do that with the shit you post on a daily basis, mr. 'campy no-stretch cables'.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<a43200a7-b1e1-44fa-855c-9ee0aabade31n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51111&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51111

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 06:35:18 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:35 UTC

On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 4:20:13 PM UTC-8, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 5:34:57 PM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Where are you located, James? I'm guessing Australia or New Zealand.
> > I believe that James is an Aussie. What Australia is in major need of is a truck convoy like Canada.
> >
> > In the US the number of 100 and 110 degree F days is WAY down from the 1950s and way way down from the 1920s and 30's. And yet NOAA is telling us that this is the hottest year on record for the USA.
> Gosh Tommy boy, don't you get tired of being proven a LIAR so often?
>
> https://weather.com/news/climate/news/100-degree-temperatures-us-cities-average-most-records
> Site says Sacramento averages 15 100 degree days a year.
>
> https://theinfinitekitchen.com/faq/often-asked-how-many-days-is-100-degrees-in-sacramento/
> This site says average is 11 100 degree days in Sacramento.

> Sep 6, 2021 — Sacramento has hit 100 degrees or higher 29 times this year, Del Valle said Monday.
> Above website, which I can't bring up because I don't have an account for the Sacramento Bee, says 100 degree days are twice, double the average in 2021. Or triple if you want to use the 11 average listed above instead of the 15 average.
>
> https://www.weather.gov/sto/Summer2021ClimatesummaryforNorthernCA
> This one says Sacramento was the 5th hottest since 1849. When weather record keeping started. I read that in another website.
>
> https://fox40.com/news/national-and-world-news/reno-sets-record-for-most-100-degree-days-in-a-year/
> This one is for Reno. Not California, but not that far away. And its FOX, so you know its the truth for Tommy boy.

Just to make a point, As showed, Sacramento which is a HOT city, has between 10 and 15 100 degree days per year now. In 1988 it had 35. While this was a record, 100 degree days were quite common before the 1950's. And Tree Ring studies of old trees show that in the 1100's during the medieval warm period they were almost a daily event.

Los Angeles sits on the ocean and presently has 2 days of 100 degrees. In 1955 it had 8. Really, before you talk about things you should really know about them. Seems like you like to read your clever postings more than you like to be right.

The medieval warm period has been purposely erased by Dr. Michael Mann and we even have his emails between him and his "team" saying that since none of their global warming predictions were coming true they could make them true simply by erasing the MGT history. Now wherever you see the MGT charts they are shown to have come from Dr. Mann and they are entirely falsified.

He erased the Medieval Warm Period simply by claiming that it was purely a local North American occurrence. Since this is the time that Iceland and Greenland were heavily colonized and today they are uninhabitable where they have records of farms and such it is cooler today than it was in the 850-1200 period. This was also the time of growth of central Europe and Russia plainly the little ice age was a world wide event. You don't have growth without food and at that time they did not have any means of artificially increasing crops.

I would like to know why you want to believe in hell on Earth? What exactly leads you to want to be "the final generation"? You do understand that this is a mental illness don't you?

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<stm3e6$1o1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51114&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51114

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 09:00:21 -0600
References: <c5d39370-b10a-4206-9c93-eab664b204efn@googlegroups.com> <4f639114-4f22-46f3-99a7-607e587ce525n@googlegroups.com> <stf48d$o6t$1@dont-email.me> <1b1f847e-9eb6-4bea-a178-d36dea2c6556n@googlegroups.com> <d779926c-ff97-4b44-851a-991559808d1en@googlegroups.com> <c67c42f5-402d-435d-88f4-7665f8b5cf39n@googlegroups.com> <5d96ef80-dcf3-4fe7-a6c4-43ace7c1f5d6n@googlegroups.com> <a43200a7-b1e1-44fa-855c-9ee0aabade31n@googlegroups.com>
 by: AMuzi - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 15:00 UTC

On 2/5/2022 8:35 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> [...]
>
> He erased the Medieval Warm Period simply by claiming that it was purely a local North American occurrence. Since this is the time that Iceland and Greenland were heavily colonized and today they are uninhabitable where they have records of farms and such it is cooler today than it was in the 850-1200 period. This was also the time of growth of central Europe and Russia plainly the little ice age was a world wide event. You don't have growth without food and at that time they did not have any means of artificially increasing crops.
>
> I would like to know why you want to believe in hell on Earth? What exactly leads you to want to be "the final generation"? You do understand that this is a mental illness don't you?

If you do ever find some Global Warming, please do send it
along.
Minus 4F here at dawn today.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<43da3918-f576-464f-b4fc-065230adb637n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51119&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51119

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 07:25:32 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 15:25 UTC

On Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 7:00:26 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > He erased the Medieval Warm Period simply by claiming that it was purely a local North American occurrence. Since this is the time that Iceland and Greenland were heavily colonized and today they are uninhabitable where they have records of farms and such it is cooler today than it was in the 850-1200 period. This was also the time of growth of central Europe and Russia plainly the little ice age was a world wide event. You don't have growth without food and at that time they did not have any means of artificially increasing crops.
> >
> > I would like to know why you want to believe in hell on Earth? What exactly leads you to want to be "the final generation"? You do understand that this is a mental illness don't you?
> >
> If you do ever find some Global Warming, please do send it

We are having a "heat wave" with 41 degrees or less every morning. Today and yesterday we've had or will have warm afternoons since the pressure gradient is sending the winds offshore from the central valley. So this is what they're calling "global warming."

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<stms79$5fp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51129&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51129

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:03:21 -0800
 by: sms - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 22:03 UTC

On 2/5/2022 7:00 AM, AMuzi wrote:

<snip>

> If you do ever find some Global Warming, please do send it along.
> Minus 4F here at dawn today.

If you ever understand that climate ≠ weather, please let us know.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<nn7uvgt3q731f8btnqnl51nji691nen8i7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51136&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51136

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 08:11:39 +0700
References: <4f639114-4f22-46f3-99a7-607e587ce525n@googlegroups.com> <stf48d$o6t$1@dont-email.me> <1b1f847e-9eb6-4bea-a178-d36dea2c6556n@googlegroups.com> <d779926c-ff97-4b44-851a-991559808d1en@googlegroups.com> <c67c42f5-402d-435d-88f4-7665f8b5cf39n@googlegroups.com> <5d96ef80-dcf3-4fe7-a6c4-43ace7c1f5d6n@googlegroups.com> <a43200a7-b1e1-44fa-855c-9ee0aabade31n@googlegroups.com> <stm3e6$1o1$1@dont-email.me> <stms79$5fp$1@dont-email.me>
 by: John B. - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 01:11 UTC

On Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:03:21 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 2/5/2022 7:00 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> If you do ever find some Global Warming, please do send it along.
>> Minus 4F here at dawn today.
>
>If you ever understand that climate ? weather, please let us know.

Right now it is 22 degree(C) - about 71 degrees(F) and it is COLD! My
wife is bundled up like an Eskimo.

And for those who sit there saying "'taint cold" try prancing around
in shorts and a kinglet in 20 degree(C) weather.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<u1duvgtfmst174dr7o8picfvfotb4etpk0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51142&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51142

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 09:38:19 +0700
References: <4f639114-4f22-46f3-99a7-607e587ce525n@googlegroups.com> <stf48d$o6t$1@dont-email.me> <1b1f847e-9eb6-4bea-a178-d36dea2c6556n@googlegroups.com> <d779926c-ff97-4b44-851a-991559808d1en@googlegroups.com> <c67c42f5-402d-435d-88f4-7665f8b5cf39n@googlegroups.com> <5d96ef80-dcf3-4fe7-a6c4-43ace7c1f5d6n@googlegroups.com> <a43200a7-b1e1-44fa-855c-9ee0aabade31n@googlegroups.com> <stm3e6$1o1$1@dont-email.me> <stms79$5fp$1@dont-email.me> <nn7uvgt3q731f8btnqnl51nji691nen8i7@4ax.com>
 by: John B. - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 02:38 UTC

On Sun, 06 Feb 2022 08:11:39 +0700, John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:03:21 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On 2/5/2022 7:00 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>> If you do ever find some Global Warming, please do send it along.
>>> Minus 4F here at dawn today.
>>
>>If you ever understand that climate ? weather, please let us know.
>
>Right now it is 22 degree(C) - about 71 degrees(F) and it is COLD! My
>wife is bundled up like an Eskimo.
>
>And for those who sit there saying "'taint cold" try prancing around
>in shorts and a kinglet in 20 degree(C) weather.

It must be the spelling checker (:-) "kinglet" should have been
spelled "singlet"
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<stos6a$kk9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51155&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51155

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 10:15:04 -0600
References: <c5d39370-b10a-4206-9c93-eab664b204efn@googlegroups.com> <4f639114-4f22-46f3-99a7-607e587ce525n@googlegroups.com> <stf48d$o6t$1@dont-email.me> <1b1f847e-9eb6-4bea-a178-d36dea2c6556n@googlegroups.com> <d779926c-ff97-4b44-851a-991559808d1en@googlegroups.com> <c67c42f5-402d-435d-88f4-7665f8b5cf39n@googlegroups.com> <5d96ef80-dcf3-4fe7-a6c4-43ace7c1f5d6n@googlegroups.com> <a43200a7-b1e1-44fa-855c-9ee0aabade31n@googlegroups.com> <stm3e6$1o1$1@dont-email.me> <stms79$5fp$1@dont-email.me>
 by: AMuzi - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 16:15 UTC

On 2/5/2022 4:03 PM, sms wrote:
> On 2/5/2022 7:00 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> If you do ever find some Global Warming, please do send it
>> along.
>> Minus 4F here at dawn today.
>
> If you ever understand that climate ≠weather, please let
> us know.

In the same way that humans see human shapes in clouds or
star patterns, people 'see' trends whether they exist or not

https://www.aos.wisc.edu/~sco/clim-history/stations/mke/mke-tts-2014.gif

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<stp56t$d3d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51163&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51163

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 13:49:00 -0500
<stm3e6$1o1$1@dont-email.me> <stms79$5fp$1@dont-email.me>
<nn7uvgt3q731f8btnqnl51nji691nen8i7@4ax.com>
<u1duvgtfmst174dr7o8picfvfotb4etpk0@4ax.com>
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 18:49 UTC

On 2/5/2022 9:38 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2022 08:11:39 +0700, John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:03:21 -0800, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 2/5/2022 7:00 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> If you ever understand that climate ? weather, please let us know.
>>
>> Right now it is 22 degree(C) - about 71 degrees(F) and it is COLD! My
>> wife is bundled up like an Eskimo.
>>
>> And for those who sit there saying "'taint cold" try prancing around
>> in shorts and a kinglet in 20 degree(C) weather.
>
> It must be the spelling checker (:-) "kinglet" should have been
> spelled "singlet"

This is what your spell checker had in mind:
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Ruby-crowned_Kinglet/overview

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<stp5dv$enb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51164&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51164

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 13:52:45 -0500
<stm3e6$1o1$1@dont-email.me> <stms79$5fp$1@dont-email.me>
<stos6a$kk9$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 18:52 UTC

On 2/6/2022 11:15 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 2/5/2022 4:03 PM, sms wrote:
>> On 2/5/2022 7:00 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> If you do ever find some Global Warming, please do send it
>>> along.
>>> Minus 4F here at dawn today.
>>
>> If you ever understand that climate ≠ weather, please let
>> us know.
>>
> In the same way that humans see human shapes in clouds or star patterns,
> people 'see' trends whether they exist or not
>
> https://www.aos.wisc.edu/~sco/clim-history/stations/mke/mke-tts-2014.gif

There are mathematical techniques used to discern trends in data with
lots of scatter. Mathematicians produced those techniques many, many
decades ago. Scientists and engineers have used them for almost as long.
We're long past the age where people had to visually guess to analyze
data - or where visual guesses should be used as rebuttals of science.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<4542d145-0a61-442c-ae6e-a2c967aefb79n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51641&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51641

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 06:37:35 -0800 (PST)
From: retroguy...@gmail.com (William Crowell)
 by: William Crowell - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 14:37 UTC

Not being able to find any excuse not to, I did a few hard (for me, an old guy) rides over the past week, and came to the conclusion that I ate too much pasta this winter. (Of course that's the story of my life, but it sure did taste good.) I'm just going to have to keep riding until I start losing a little weight, and gain some training effect. Then I should feel better while riding. I don't think the training has kicked in yet, and am hoping that it will on my next ride.

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<f9bfca15-26d4-40c2-b153-b5308441d1fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51643&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51643

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 08:18:42 -0800 (PST)
From: lou.holt...@gmail.com (Lou Holtman)
 by: Lou Holtman - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 16:18 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 3:37:37 PM UTC+1, William Crowell wrote:
> Not being able to find any excuse not to, I did a few hard (for me, an old guy) rides over the past week, and came to the conclusion that I ate too much pasta this winter. (Of course that's the story of my life, but it sure did taste good.) I'm just going to have to keep riding until I start losing a little weight, and gain some training effect. Then I should feel better while riding. I don't think the training has kicked in yet, and am hoping that it will on my next ride.

If you don't change your diet you don't lose weight from (hard) riding especially when you getting older. You are hungry after a ride.

Lou

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<aa54ae6f-6824-47d6-9529-5aad03832218n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51644&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51644

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 08:35:33 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 16:35 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 6:37:37 AM UTC-8, William Crowell wrote:
> Not being able to find any excuse not to, I did a few hard (for me, an old guy) rides over the past week, and came to the conclusion that I ate too much pasta this winter. (Of course that's the story of my life, but it sure did taste good.) I'm just going to have to keep riding until I start losing a little weight, and gain some training effect. Then I should feel better while riding. I don't think the training has kicked in yet, and am hoping that it will on my next ride.

Of course I have the same problem. Not to mention saying grace at the dinner table over leftovers. "Dear Lord, We give thanks for this same old spaghettis."

Re: Lots of warm weather predicted for Northern California

<fe48dcc6-4a29-40a5-9f8f-c6dd2b920a34n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51645&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51645

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 08:37:04 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 16:37 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 8:18:45 AM UTC-8, Lou Holtman wrote:
> On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 3:37:37 PM UTC+1, William Crowell wrote:
> > Not being able to find any excuse not to, I did a few hard (for me, an old guy) rides over the past week, and came to the conclusion that I ate too much pasta this winter. (Of course that's the story of my life, but it sure did taste good.) I'm just going to have to keep riding until I start losing a little weight, and gain some training effect. Then I should feel better while riding. I don't think the training has kicked in yet, and am hoping that it will on my next ride.
> If you don't change your diet you don't lose weight from (hard) riding especially when you getting older. You are hungry after a ride.

To lose weight you have to work off more than you ingest. This is the longer harder way than dieting but a whole lot easier for those of us set in our ways.