One Bell System - it sometimes works.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Sunday Ride

SubjectAuthor
* Sunday RideTom Kunich
`* Re: Sunday RideTom Kunich
 +- Re: Sunday RideTom Kunich
 `* Re: Sunday RideFrank Krygowski
  +- Re: Sunday RideTom Kunich
  `* Re: Sunday RideLou Holtman
   +- Re: Sunday RideTom Kunich
   `* Re: Sunday RideSir Ridesalot
    +* Re: Sunday RideFrank Krygowski
    |`* Re: Sunday RideJohn B.
    | `* Re: Sunday RideFrank Krygowski
    |  +* Re: Sunday RideTom Kunich
    |  |`* Re: Sunday RideFrank Krygowski
    |  | +- Re: Sunday RideJohn B.
    |  | `* Re: Sunday RideTom Kunich
    |  |  +* Re: Sunday RideAMuzi
    |  |  |`* Re: Sunday RideTom Kunich
    |  |  | `- Re: Sunday RideJohn B.
    |  |  +* Re: Sunday RideFrank Krygowski
    |  |  |`- Re: Sunday Ridefunkma...@hotmail.com
    |  |  `- Re: Sunday RideJohn B.
    |  `- Re: Sunday RideJohn B.
    `- Re: Sunday RideTom Kunich

1
Sunday Ride

<32faee15-0156-4b74-8e5b-1ec26579fea8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=50625&group=rec.bicycles.tech#50625

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 15:57:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Sunday Ride
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 23:57 UTC

In an attempt to end the month with 400 miles I road down to Niles This is a 17 mile distance entirely on city streets though when I first started riding it was almost entirely open land. Nile is where Charlie Chaplin filmed his movies and at sometime in the not too distant pass it was absorbed by Fremont as nothing other than a suburban area.

In Niles I went to the Nile Cafe and had breakfast. Fairly light toast, sausage and a couple of eggs.

I have the idea that they make the bread themselves because it it cut 1/2" thick and you can also get French toast using it.

I was intending to detour though Fremont rather than retrace my steps but when I got out to Mission Blvd. I could see that Niles Canyon was open again.. So I decided to ride over Palomares Rd. Up the canyon and at a place where the road work was still being performed during the week, I could dodge behind the cones and look to make sure I had a good opening and turned across the traffic and up Palomares Rd. This bottom 50 feet is real steep on the side going onto Palomares. I was down into 3rd gear to get up it and pulling hard enough that the front wheel started pulling up a little.

I was worried about this climb. While it isn't really hard, neither is it easy and I haven't climbed for 6 weeks except last Tuesday which turned out bad. It was only about 5% on the bottom and something that I don't understand occurred. At one point I lost my direction and turned off of the road. It wasn't a fall because I was sort of leaning against the cliff face. But I unclipped and had a hard time standing up and getting my balance and picking the bike back up.

After that I was pretty careful and every foot of climbing my climbing legs kept coming back. This to the point that after I got back into town I took a detour over a 500 foot hill that is a 9% climb. I still have a long way to get my legs back but 2,000 feet of climbing today when I was originally going to do a flat ride turned out pretty good. And it was a 38 1/2 mile ride.

A lot of young guys passed me on the climb and oddly enough they were all riding Trek. But a couple of years ago everyone was riding Specialized.

There is something wrong with the front wheel. I think that there is a short section of it that is squeezed in but it isn't visible and you can only feel it in the truing stand with very careful observation. But braking to a stop from high speed when you have to squeeze the brake on pretty hard it makes a very distinct clanking sound which sounds similar to a slightly loose headset. But it isn't. That area of the tire makes it appear that the tire has a bulge which is what gives me the idea that the rim shoulders are push in in someway. The rear wheel which is identical has no such problem and brakes perfectly smooth.

Today was a nice sunny day that got up to perhaps 68 or so. But I did feel pretty cold until the Nile Cafe when I got so hot that I took off my wool cap under my helmet. Because of the braking problem, I didn't descend very fast. That definitely must be fixed.

Well made my target plus eight miles. Next Tuesday which is a normal ride day the wind is supposed to blow hard so I'm not sure yet what I'll do.

Re: Sunday Ride

<52c3a301-83bb-4149-a7c3-2121b2b070abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51687&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51687

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 15:29:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Sunday Ride
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 23:29 UTC

On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 3:57:38 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
> [...]
>
> Today was a nice sunny day that got up to perhaps 68 or so. But I did feel pretty cold until the Nile Cafe when I got so hot that I took off my wool cap under my helmet. Because of the braking problem, I didn't descend very fast. That definitely must be fixed.
>
> Well made my target plus eight miles. Next Tuesday which is a normal ride day the wind is supposed to blow hard so I'm not sure yet what I'll do.

No rain on the horizon so I am now up to 630 miles and a tad over 5,000 feet of climbing. I am climbing really slow and several people came by and disappeared over the horizon, Turned into late spring-like weather with a top temperature of about 90 (near the top of the climb) I looked down and my jacket which I had tied around my waist was missing for I went back another 1/2 mile before finding it. Then turned around and showed that I was actually climbing a steep section better after that slight downhill rest.

Re: Sunday Ride

<4abf591c-8ccb-49c8-9bde-6c68ba2c2c38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51688&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51688

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 15:40:11 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 23:40 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 3:29:43 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Well made my target plus eight miles. Next Tuesday which is a normal ride day the wind is supposed to blow hard so I'm not sure yet what I'll do.
> No rain on the horizon so I am now up to 630 miles and a tad over 5,000 feet of climbing. I am climbing really slow and several people came by and disappeared over the horizon, Turned into late spring-like weather with a top temperature of about 90 (near the top of the climb) I looked down and my jacket which I had tied around my waist was missing for I went back another 1/2 mile before finding it. Then turned around and showed that I was actually climbing a steep section better after that slight downhill rest.

I had pumped the tires up a little too hard and so I had to take it really easy on the downhills since there were a lot of depressions and riding easy I was still going 30 mph. Lots of traffic. Except for the motorcycles, BMW's and work trucks, they were all polite. I have to adjust the helmet straps. The helmet was riding slightly lower over my right eye and that is my good eye.

Re: Sunday Ride

<suc788$m9n$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51692&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51692

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 19:20:24 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 00:20 UTC

On 2/13/2022 6:29 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> ... I looked down and my jacket which I had tied around my waist was missing for I went back another 1/2 mile before finding it.

One prominent member of our club went over the bars when the jacket he'd
tied to his handlebars sagged down into his front wheel spokes.

Despite the slagging here, handlebar bags really are valuable.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Sunday Ride

<6036b394-a6b3-41b9-af4a-8a16676d090fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51728&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51728

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 07:32:15 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 15:32 UTC

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7:04:03 AM UTC-8, Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
> Am Sun, 13 Feb 2022 19:20:24 -0500 schrieb Frank Krygowski
> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net>:
> >On 2/13/2022 6:29 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >
> >> ... I looked down and my jacket which I had tied around my waist was missing for I went back another 1/2 mile before finding it.
> >
> >One prominent member of our club went over the bars when the jacket he'd
> >tied to his handlebars sagged down into his front wheel spokes.
> >
> >Despite the slagging here, handlebar bags really are valuable.
> Indeed.
>
> <https://www.mystrobl.de/ws/pic/fahrrad/20220213/20220213_141326_HDR.jpg>
>
> It is a good place to fetch or deposit a towel or handkerchief while
> riding.
>
> Yesterday I took the good weather (10°C and sunny) as an opportunity to
> make my first regular tour through the country, 70 km and about 600
> meters cumulative elevation gain.

I use fairly narrow bars and integrated bar/stem so a handlebar bag does easily attach and gets in the way of my hands on the controls. I often wear this light jacket in the morning starts of a ride and end up tying it around my waist. This is the first time in the 10 years I've ridden with this jacket that it has fallen off. So it is surprising that I didn't notice it gone until I was a couple of miles up the climb. On the way back down I was about to write it off as lost when another cyclist was coming up the hill and I asked him if he'd seen it. He said it was back only 2/10ths of a mile. So I picked it up.

The climbing I showed at the end of my ride was not correct. This was normally a 2200 foot ride but it showed only 1950. I have ordered a new Garmin 830 since I am losing faith in the 800, I ordered a new backplate for the 810 that was really for the 800. Since they are similar in every regard I would have thought the backplate interchangeable. They are not. And in the process of finding this out I disconnected the display flexible PCB. Getting that back in would be nearly impossible without the special tool that the Garmin manufacturers use. So it is all in a box now to be used for spare parts such as the battery.

Re: Sunday Ride

<d4924403-eab7-4cb7-8df7-8d5d77c1f034n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51732&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51732

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:01:46 -0800 (PST)
From: lou.holt...@gmail.com (Lou Holtman)
 by: Lou Holtman - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:01 UTC

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 1:20:27 AM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 2/13/2022 6:29 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>
> > ... I looked down and my jacket which I had tied around my waist was missing for I went back another 1/2 mile before finding it.
>
> One prominent member of our club went over the bars when the jacket he'd
> tied to his handlebars sagged down into his front wheel spokes.

Off coarse

> Despite the slagging here, handlebar bags really are valuable.

Or a small backpack or the right clothes to begin with. It must be a little chilly in the beginning of your ride.

Lou

Re: Sunday Ride

<3ae5c228-5ee9-4dc4-b8fc-853cc553e59fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51736&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51736

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:40:52 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:40 UTC

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 8:01:49 AM UTC-8, Lou Holtman wrote:
> On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 1:20:27 AM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > On 2/13/2022 6:29 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >
> > > ... I looked down and my jacket which I had tied around my waist was missing for I went back another 1/2 mile before finding it.
> >
> > One prominent member of our club went over the bars when the jacket he'd
> > tied to his handlebars sagged down into his front wheel spokes.
> Off coarse
> > Despite the slagging here, handlebar bags really are valuable.
> Or a small backpack or the right clothes to begin with. It must be a little chilly in the beginning of your ride.

The weather here recently has been entirely unseasonable withy very cold mornings and very warm afternoons making it nearly impossible to wear the correct attire. When I got home yesterday my jersey and jacket were soaking wet with sweat which is highly unusual for this time of year. We've had a series of high pressure areas blocking normal coastal flows. There is presently an El Nino event going on but the extra rainfall has been blocked by these high pressure areas and I haven't heard them so much as mention El Nino. So even the weather prediction business is following the idiotic climate change BS.

Re: Sunday Ride

<1a087f30-55f4-4da1-8156-87a60601cd9an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51737&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51737

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:41:35 -0800 (PST)
From: i_am_cyc...@yahoo.ca (Sir Ridesalot)
 by: Sir Ridesalot - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:41 UTC

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 11:01:49 a.m. UTC-5, lou.h...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 1:20:27 AM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > On 2/13/2022 6:29 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >
> > > ... I looked down and my jacket which I had tied around my waist was missing for I went back another 1/2 mile before finding it.
> >
> > One prominent member of our club went over the bars when the jacket he'd
> > tied to his handlebars sagged down into his front wheel spokes.
> Off coarse
> > Despite the slagging here, handlebar bags really are valuable.
> Or a small backpack or the right clothes to begin with. It must be a little chilly in the beginning of your ride.
>
> Lou

Jacket rolled up tight and strapped under the saddle or strapped securely to the handlebar or stuffed in a jersey pocket.

Cheers

Re: Sunday Ride

<sue3b7$n0t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51744&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51744

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 12:25:58 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 17:25 UTC

On 2/14/2022 11:41 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
> On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 11:01:49 a.m. UTC-5, lou.h...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> One prominent member of our club went over the bars when the jacket he'd
>>> tied to his handlebars sagged down into his front wheel spokes.
>> Off coarse
>>> Despite the slagging here, handlebar bags really are valuable.
>> Or a small backpack or the right clothes to begin with. It must be a little chilly in the beginning of your ride.
>>
>> Lou
>
> Jacket rolled up tight and strapped under the saddle or strapped securely to the handlebar or stuffed in a jersey pocket.

If by "strapped securely to the handlebar" you mean "using actual
straps", that might make sense. But I suspect that most people that tie
jackets to their bikes or their persons just wrap and tie the sleeves
and say "That should hold it."

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Sunday Ride

<529d7175-578b-4976-a660-a3bec6dba1b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51760&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51760

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:51:28 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 19:51 UTC

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 8:41:38 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
> On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 11:01:49 a.m. UTC-5, lou.h...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > One prominent member of our club went over the bars when the jacket he'd
> > > tied to his handlebars sagged down into his front wheel spokes.
> > Off coarse
> > > Despite the slagging here, handlebar bags really are valuable.
> > Or a small backpack or the right clothes to begin with. It must be a little chilly in the beginning of your ride.
> >
> > Lou
> Jacket rolled up tight and strapped under the saddle or strapped securely to the handlebar or stuffed in a jersey pocket.
>
> Cheers

That isn't a bad idea for a wind jacket. There are even some hangers under the saddle bag for that. But my jacket is a light weight cloth jacket somewhat like https://www.ebay.com/itm/175048214132?hash=item28c1afc674:g:xCYAAOSwCYBhqdhc

Re: Sunday Ride

<o0pl0hteq42ch4a0ovloh45rsif3tk69cv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51776&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51776

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 06:26:48 +0700
 by: John B. - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 23:26 UTC

On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 12:25:58 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2/14/2022 11:41 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

>>> Off coarse
>>> Or a small backpack or the right clothes to begin with. It must be a little chilly in the beginning of your ride.
>>>
>>> Lou
>>
>> Jacket rolled up tight and strapped under the saddle or strapped securely to the handlebar or stuffed in a jersey pocket.
>
>If by "strapped securely to the handlebar" you mean "using actual
>straps", that might make sense. But I suspect that most people that tie
>jackets to their bikes or their persons just wrap and tie the sleeves
>and say "That should hold it."

No Frank, the way to do it is to tie the sleeves around your neck and
then when you are roaring down hill at some unbelievable speed the
body of the jacket sort of flairs out and flaps behind you just like
the "Caped Crusader"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Caped_Crusader
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Sunday Ride

<sugq2c$d3p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51833&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51833

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 13:06:03 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 18:06 UTC

On 2/14/2022 6:26 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 12:25:58 -0500, Frank Krygowski
> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Jacket rolled up tight and strapped under the saddle or strapped securely to the handlebar or stuffed in a jersey pocket.
>>
>> If by "strapped securely to the handlebar" you mean "using actual
>> straps", that might make sense. But I suspect that most people that tie
>> jackets to their bikes or their persons just wrap and tie the sleeves
>> and say "That should hold it."
>
> No Frank, the way to do it is to tie the sleeves around your neck and
> then when you are roaring down hill at some unbelievable speed the
> body of the jacket sort of flairs out and flaps behind you just like
> the "Caped Crusader"
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Caped_Crusader

Or like Isadora Duncan!

https://clickamericana.com/wp-content/uploads/Isadora-Duncan-killed-in-freak-accident-illustration-recreation.jpg

https://www.rarenewspapers.com/view/580841

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Sunday Ride

<744e28d8-88c2-4ad4-9cda-b10bc35a23b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51878&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51878

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:36:13 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 23:36 UTC

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 10:06:08 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 2/14/2022 6:26 PM, John B. wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 12:25:58 -0500, Frank Krygowski
> > <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> >> If by "strapped securely to the handlebar" you mean "using actual
> >> straps", that might make sense. But I suspect that most people that tie
> >> jackets to their bikes or their persons just wrap and tie the sleeves
> >> and say "That should hold it."
> >
> > No Frank, the way to do it is to tie the sleeves around your neck and
> > then when you are roaring down hill at some unbelievable speed the
> > body of the jacket sort of flairs out and flaps behind you just like
> > the "Caped Crusader"
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Caped_Crusader
> Or like Isadora Duncan!
>
> https://clickamericana.com/wp-content/uploads/Isadora-Duncan-killed-in-freak-accident-illustration-recreation.jpg
>
> https://www.rarenewspapers.com/view/580841

So you're willing to believe that crap but Tony Heller showing 150 years of temperature records in every major city in the world via their local newspapers makes Tony a liar and the NOAA people who actually changed the temperature records are the smart guys?

Re: Sunday Ride

<suhhsp$t8i$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51891&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51891

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 19:52:41 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 00:52 UTC

On 2/15/2022 6:36 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 10:06:08 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> On 2/14/2022 6:26 PM, John B. wrote:

>>> No Frank, the way to do it is to tie the sleeves around your neck and
>>> then when you are roaring down hill at some unbelievable speed the
>>> body of the jacket sort of flairs out and flaps behind you just like
>>> the "Caped Crusader"
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Caped_Crusader
>> Or like Isadora Duncan!
>>
>> https://clickamericana.com/wp-content/uploads/Isadora-Duncan-killed-in-freak-accident-illustration-recreation.jpg
>>
>> https://www.rarenewspapers.com/view/580841
>
> So you're willing to believe that crap but Tony Heller showing 150 years of temperature records in every major city in the world via their local newspapers makes Tony a liar and the NOAA people who actually changed the temperature records are the smart guys?

????

What does Isadora Duncan have to do with NOAA?

Did your forget your medications yet again??

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Sunday Ride

<9cjo0htaunrlpamb8m8pvhaqena7uggn2r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51894&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51894

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 08:06:09 +0700
 by: John B. - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 01:06 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 13:06:03 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2/14/2022 6:26 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 12:25:58 -0500, Frank Krygowski
>> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> If by "strapped securely to the handlebar" you mean "using actual
>>> straps", that might make sense. But I suspect that most people that tie
>>> jackets to their bikes or their persons just wrap and tie the sleeves
>>> and say "That should hold it."
>>
>> No Frank, the way to do it is to tie the sleeves around your neck and
>> then when you are roaring down hill at some unbelievable speed the
>> body of the jacket sort of flairs out and flaps behind you just like
>> the "Caped Crusader"
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Caped_Crusader
>
>Or like Isadora Duncan!
>
>https://clickamericana.com/wp-content/uploads/Isadora-Duncan-killed-in-freak-accident-illustration-recreation.jpg
>
>https://www.rarenewspapers.com/view/580841

Ayup... but that was a scarf. Jackets have shorter sleeves (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Sunday Ride

<nt1p0hpbor6vqgthr31hvth4lmcun0lj95@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51916&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51916

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:22:16 +0700
References: <32faee15-0156-4b74-8e5b-1ec26579fea8n@googlegroups.com> <52c3a301-83bb-4149-a7c3-2121b2b070abn@googlegroups.com> <suc788$m9n$2@dont-email.me> <d4924403-eab7-4cb7-8df7-8d5d77c1f034n@googlegroups.com> <1a087f30-55f4-4da1-8156-87a60601cd9an@googlegroups.com> <sue3b7$n0t$1@dont-email.me> <o0pl0hteq42ch4a0ovloh45rsif3tk69cv@4ax.com> <sugq2c$d3p$1@dont-email.me> <744e28d8-88c2-4ad4-9cda-b10bc35a23b4n@googlegroups.com> <suhhsp$t8i$3@dont-email.me>
 by: John B. - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 05:22 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 19:52:41 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2/15/2022 6:36 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

>>> Or like Isadora Duncan!
>>>
>>> https://clickamericana.com/wp-content/uploads/Isadora-Duncan-killed-in-freak-accident-illustration-recreation.jpg
>>>
>>> https://www.rarenewspapers.com/view/580841
>>
>> So you're willing to believe that crap but Tony Heller showing 150 years of temperature records in every major city in the world via their local newspapers makes Tony a liar and the NOAA people who actually changed the temperature records are the smart guys?

Tony Heller???
CO2 Coalition’s Newest Member Tony Heller Just Got Kicked Off Twitter
for Covid Conspiracies

Tony Heller isn't even Tony Heller, he is actually a guy named Steven
Goddard

You sure can pick 'em Tommy.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Sunday Ride

<d087ac99-21f6-4bb9-8726-90372b1c64edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51935&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51935

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 08:30:27 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:30 UTC

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 4:52:45 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 2/15/2022 6:36 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> >> Or like Isadora Duncan!
> >>
> >> https://clickamericana.com/wp-content/uploads/Isadora-Duncan-killed-in-freak-accident-illustration-recreation.jpg
> >>
> >> https://www.rarenewspapers.com/view/580841
> >
> > So you're willing to believe that crap but Tony Heller showing 150 years of temperature records in every major city in the world via their local newspapers makes Tony a liar and the NOAA people who actually changed the temperature records are the smart guys?
> ????
>
> What does Isadora Duncan have to do with NOAA?
>
> Did your forget your medications yet again??

If you believe that a woman was killed by her scarf being caught in the wheel of her car you are showing your mechanical engineering at its best.

Re: Sunday Ride

<suj9jj$2mf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51940&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51940

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 10:43:31 -0600
References: <32faee15-0156-4b74-8e5b-1ec26579fea8n@googlegroups.com> <52c3a301-83bb-4149-a7c3-2121b2b070abn@googlegroups.com> <suc788$m9n$2@dont-email.me> <d4924403-eab7-4cb7-8df7-8d5d77c1f034n@googlegroups.com> <1a087f30-55f4-4da1-8156-87a60601cd9an@googlegroups.com> <sue3b7$n0t$1@dont-email.me> <o0pl0hteq42ch4a0ovloh45rsif3tk69cv@4ax.com> <sugq2c$d3p$1@dont-email.me> <744e28d8-88c2-4ad4-9cda-b10bc35a23b4n@googlegroups.com> <suhhsp$t8i$3@dont-email.me> <d087ac99-21f6-4bb9-8726-90372b1c64edn@googlegroups.com>
 by: AMuzi - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:43 UTC

On 2/16/2022 10:30 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 4:52:45 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

>>> So you're willing to believe that crap but Tony Heller showing 150 years of temperature records in every major city in the world via their local newspapers makes Tony a liar and the NOAA people who actually changed the temperature records are the smart guys?
>> ????
>>
>> What does Isadora Duncan have to do with NOAA?
>>
>> Did your forget your medications yet again??
>
> If you believe that a woman was killed by her scarf being caught in the wheel of her car you are showing your mechanical engineering at its best.

It actually happened and it's no secret. I read of her
demise when I was a child.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: Sunday Ride

<f228caa3-d054-4728-9559-a1e420cf9070n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51945&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51945

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 09:07:39 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:07 UTC

On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 8:43:34 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> On 2/16/2022 10:30 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> >> ????
> >>
> >> What does Isadora Duncan have to do with NOAA?
> >>
> >> Did your forget your medications yet again??
> >
> > If you believe that a woman was killed by her scarf being caught in the wheel of her car you are showing your mechanical engineering at its best.
> >
> It actually happened and it's no secret. I read of her
> demise when I was a child.

If you read her biography you can see that there were dozens of reasons to assassinate her and use any stupid excuse for her death. Such a ridiculous excuse like the scarf seems to set aside that in those days silk was used for top end scarves and they would pull loose. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0241984/bio

Re: Sunday Ride

<sujbj3$v7f$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51947&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51947

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:17:22 -0500
<sue3b7$n0t$1@dont-email.me> <o0pl0hteq42ch4a0ovloh45rsif3tk69cv@4ax.com>
<sugq2c$d3p$1@dont-email.me>
<744e28d8-88c2-4ad4-9cda-b10bc35a23b4n@googlegroups.com>
<suhhsp$t8i$3@dont-email.me>
<d087ac99-21f6-4bb9-8726-90372b1c64edn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:17 UTC

On 2/16/2022 11:30 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 4:52:45 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

>>> So you're willing to believe that crap but Tony Heller showing 150 years of temperature records in every major city in the world via their local newspapers makes Tony a liar and the NOAA people who actually changed the temperature records are the smart guys?
>> ????
>>
>> What does Isadora Duncan have to do with NOAA?
>>
>> Did your forget your medications yet again??
>
> If you believe that a woman was killed by her scarf being caught in the wheel of her car you are showing your mechanical engineering at its best.

I guess you want me to disregard all available historic records and
listen to your opinions instead?

No thanks.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Sunday Ride

<f90r0hlvv5dre6fv8j3bai8idr2vkg1tn1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51964&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51964

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 05:58:40 +0700
References: <52c3a301-83bb-4149-a7c3-2121b2b070abn@googlegroups.com> <suc788$m9n$2@dont-email.me> <d4924403-eab7-4cb7-8df7-8d5d77c1f034n@googlegroups.com> <1a087f30-55f4-4da1-8156-87a60601cd9an@googlegroups.com> <sue3b7$n0t$1@dont-email.me> <o0pl0hteq42ch4a0ovloh45rsif3tk69cv@4ax.com> <sugq2c$d3p$1@dont-email.me> <744e28d8-88c2-4ad4-9cda-b10bc35a23b4n@googlegroups.com> <suhhsp$t8i$3@dont-email.me> <d087ac99-21f6-4bb9-8726-90372b1c64edn@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 22:58 UTC

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 08:30:27 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 4:52:45 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

>> > So you're willing to believe that crap but Tony Heller showing 150 years of temperature records in every major city in the world via their local newspapers makes Tony a liar and the NOAA people who actually changed the temperature records are the smart guys?
>> ????
>>
>> What does Isadora Duncan have to do with NOAA?
>>
>> Did your forget your medications yet again??
>
>If you believe that a woman was killed by her scarf being caught in the wheel of her car you are showing your mechanical engineering at its best.

And just moments ago I read your thrilling statement that you were
going to stop replying to posts here.

And here you go again refuting facts published at the time of the
woman's death in the newspapers.

Silly old Tommy!
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Sunday Ride

<6h0r0ht1o78qng8bdtcudh9mifv91u9mg4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51965&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51965

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 06:05:07 +0700
References: <suc788$m9n$2@dont-email.me> <d4924403-eab7-4cb7-8df7-8d5d77c1f034n@googlegroups.com> <1a087f30-55f4-4da1-8156-87a60601cd9an@googlegroups.com> <sue3b7$n0t$1@dont-email.me> <o0pl0hteq42ch4a0ovloh45rsif3tk69cv@4ax.com> <sugq2c$d3p$1@dont-email.me> <744e28d8-88c2-4ad4-9cda-b10bc35a23b4n@googlegroups.com> <suhhsp$t8i$3@dont-email.me> <d087ac99-21f6-4bb9-8726-90372b1c64edn@googlegroups.com> <suj9jj$2mf$2@dont-email.me> <f228caa3-d054-4728-9559-a1e420cf9070n@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 23:05 UTC

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 09:07:39 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 8:43:34 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:

>> > If you believe that a woman was killed by her scarf being caught in the wheel of her car you are showing your mechanical engineering at its best.
>> >
>> It actually happened and it's no secret. I read of her
>> demise when I was a child.
>
>If you read her biography you can see that there were dozens of reasons
to assassinate her and use any stupid excuse for her death. Such a
ridiculous excuse like the scarf seems to set aside that in those days
silk was used for top end scarves and they would pull loose.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0241984/bio

Gee Tommy, just moments ago I read your post promising never to reply
to posts here... and here you go with more of your foolishness.

Tommy, inquiring minds want to know! When will you honor your own
statements and quit posting your stupid remarks?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Sunday Ride

<feb6adb5-cbf4-4795-869c-f5e735835912n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=51991&group=rec.bicycles.tech#51991

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 01:20:54 -0800 (PST)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 09:20 UTC

On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 12:17:27 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 2/16/2022 11:30 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> >> ????
> >>
> >> What does Isadora Duncan have to do with NOAA?
> >>
> >> Did your forget your medications yet again??
> >
> > If you believe that a woman was killed by her scarf being caught in the wheel of her car you are showing your mechanical engineering at its best.
> I guess you want me to disregard all available historic records and
> listen to your opinions instead?
>
> No thanks.

Of course Frank, You're also expected to believe that the union army lost every battle before the emancipation proclamation, _all_ US army generals went to west point, Barack Obama inherited a great economy which crashed the moment he took office (or was it when he won the election? tommy wasn't clear on that), and the US supreme court decided some unnamed case in which large magazine bans were deemed unconstitutional. We can all it Tommys Totally True Testament of History. He read out three libraries, ya know...

"30 round MAGAzines available for visiting gay bath houses" - Tom Kunich